Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

If memory serves they briefly changed their national flag to a crude rendition of a wheel to demonstrate their commitment to motorsports.
It was working great until that political dispute with a few other countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's not just a step backwards it's more like 10 steps backward. I mean, alright, I get it. Japanese hero racing in a Japanese series based in Japan for a manufacturer that backed him heavily when he was coming up. But he's also in his prime years as a driver so it just seems like a waste.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

e: I wonder how he would have qualified considering how freakish he was at doing that at places like Monaco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCuP_umhVA

I was very excited at around the 30 second mark that this video would explain that by clearing himself of thetans Senna had given himself the ability to pass his car through solid matter but was then sorely let down.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

It's not just a step backwards it's more like 10 steps backward. I mean, alright, I get it. Japanese hero racing in a Japanese series based in Japan for a manufacturer that backed him heavily when he was coming up. But he's also in his prime years as a driver so it just seems like a waste.

He has no backing other than Toyota/TOMS, and Honda won't help him. I like him quite a lot but in all honesty he hasn't done enough to earn a stay in F1 on talent alone (to be fair, this applies to half the field at the very least) and did I mention 0 sponsors?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Actually my point is he should have just stuck it out with Ferrari's GT program.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kamui is no worse than half the pay drivers in the field and can be very exciting to watch when given a car that can stand up in the mid field. He's also pretty popular so I don't understand why he can't get enough cash behind him. It's a shame.

I hope when Honda stops being a McLaren exclusive they look around and realize they should have a Japanese driver in a Japanese powered car and he comes back.

But he probably won't. :smith:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2014

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
KamWhoHe?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

autism chariot posted:

Kamui is no worse than half the pay drivers in the field and can be very exciting to watch when given a car that can stand up in the mid field. He's also pretty popular so I don't understand why he can't get enough cash behind him. It's a shame.

I hope when Honda stops being a McLaren exclusive they look around and realize they should have a Japanese driver in a Japanese powered car and he comes back.

But he probably won't. :smith:

Kamui/Alonso for McLaren 2015, this is why it's taking so long for them to announce the drivers.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jesus gently caress, never read /r/formula1 ever. Holy.... poo poo. :stare:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

You can't post like this and not bring back a Shitmans Sampler for the rest of us. :colbert:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

autism chariot posted:

You can't post like this and not bring back a Shitmans Sampler for the rest of us. :colbert:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=195854

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Your link is broken but I'd hazard a guess and say it's a link to my posts.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Works for me?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah it worked for me now. Don't know if it was awful betamax throwing a fit or my phone just refusing to list all my bad posts at once for fear of melting.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

nsaP posted:

In the wiki spergs defense, they're wiki spergs and that's the wiki rule. If the race isn't confirmed at a venue, no flag for the location of the venue.

I wonder if we could remove Korea if we got some citations saying they hadn't done poo poo to get the race back and it's just a ploy to allow 5 engines in the season.

ed: Just checked, Korea is TBA too but now they both have flags. Oh god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

Please remove the flags from the Texas, Quebec and Catalonia GPs as they could secede.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I hate McLaren but Button deserves a better end to his career than the horrible 2013/2014 McLarens.

What better choice then than the horrible 2015 edition?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

i'm curious to know what specifically set you off because yeah, it's awful. a couple months ago i decided to give it another chance (i'm a loving retard) and the top post was a serious discussion of whether alonso might sign for haas.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I actually follow the series and yeah, it's definitely a step backwards. It's also kinda why I didn't understand the Lotterer hype; he was bested by Nakajima, who was a mediocre(at best) F1 driver.

There aren't any steps forward from F1, though.

On a related note, Vergne has joined Andretti's Formula E team effective immediately and will be racing this weekend. I'm told that's now 14 ex-F1 drivers who have raced in the series.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

be nice wicka posted:

i'm curious to know what specifically set you off because yeah, it's awful. a couple months ago i decided to give it another chance (i'm a loving retard) and the top post was a serious discussion of whether alonso might sign for haas.

The love for Haas on there is ridiculous. If you dare to point out the obvious (i.e. they probably won't make the grid in 2015 and if they do they will be horrifically under-prepared and poo poo like Caterham) you get downvoted all the way to China.

The top post earlier was a screenshot of a YouTube video of an interview of a man called "Fernando Alonso" who works for Airbus.

They make the worst thread look like a shining beacon of intellect and reason.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Do we have the second part of the Alonso documentary yet?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

The love for Haas on there is ridiculous. If you dare to point out the obvious (i.e. they probably won't make the grid in 2015 and if they do they will be horrifically under-prepared and poo poo like Caterham) you get downvoted all the way to China.

The top post earlier was a screenshot of a YouTube video of an interview of a man called "Fernando Alonso" who works for Airbus.

They make the worst thread look like a shining beacon of intellect and reason.

is that a typo or are you unaware that they deferred their entry to 2016

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

pik_d posted:

Kamui/Alonso for McLaren 2015, this is why it's taking so long for them to announce the drivers.

I wonder how much Kamui would have to Kickstarter to get that deal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

their plan for making the grid in 2015 was to have dallara build their car so the fact that they realized that was a terrible idea gives me the slightest, faintest glimmer of hope

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Jedit posted:

There aren't any steps forward from F1, though.

On a related note, Vergne has joined Andretti's Formula E team effective immediately and will be racing this weekend. I'm told that's now 14 ex-F1 drivers who have raced in the series.

And they are almost all having their arses kicked by a Brit who has never been in F1 as he has no financial backing. Really does show how hosed up F1 has become, its not about the talent at driving its who you know.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That has pretty much always been the case tbh

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

be nice wicka posted:

I wasn't aware, mainly because I don't care about another useless team that brings nothing to the sport other than tears, sorrow, humiliation and disgrace.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Brainwrong posted:

I wasn't aware, mainly because I don't care about another useless team that brings nothing to the sport other than tears, sorrow, humiliation and disgrace.

I think you'll find they will also engage heavily in tax evasion, a celebrated F1 past time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brainwrong posted:

That's every team.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
read this as

Brainwrong posted:

I wasn't aware, mainly because I don't care about another unless the team brings nothing to the sport other than tears, sorrow, humiliation and disgrace.

and was about to agree wholehearredly

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Dubs posted:

read this as

and was about to agree wholehearredly

I prefer your version

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Brainwrong posted:

You're just jealous because America has a team and is going to get WCC in its first season.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I will be surprised if haas did make to the grid and managed to not kill someone... Marussia were doing so well.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

When your goal is to be Ferrari's B-team you really don't have to aim very high. They'll be on the grid in 2016.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

When your goal is to be Ferrari's B-team you really don't have to aim very high. They'll be on the grid in 2016.

They'll be at he back of the grid for 5 races in 2016. Then hire Colin Kolles. Then fold.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

They'll be at he back of the grid for 5 races in 2016. Then hire Colin Kolles. Then fold.

But think of all the lucrative CNC business he'll bring in

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

toro rosso's chief designer is supposedly moving (back) to mclaren: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/furbatto-to-join-stella-at-mclaren-report/?v=2&s=1

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wait, whoa, Andrea Stella is going over, too? Wow.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

aequalis posted:

. Hearing about all of Alonso's insecurities, and how introspective he is juxtaposed by the glitzy, flashy lights of Addis Ababa.

There's an Ethiopian grand prix now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

• Locked thread