Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MGN001 posted:

The answer is to kick Monty Hall in the teeth and ride the goat out of the studio.

why would you kick a 93 year old man in the teeth

they're probably fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ayn rand hand job posted:

why would you kick a 93 year old man in the teeth

they're probably fake

all but one are fake, after you choose which tooth monty hall will remove most of his other teeth, should you switch?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

to the moon!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FCKGW posted:

to the moon!

i don't get it, can you please ask nicsho to spend a month writing a 10k word wannabe cracked article about this image

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
actually bitcoin is taking off a lot, and more and more people use it every day

source: what i want to be happening

(i suspect the google searches will spike slightly because of the bitcoin bowl, as tons of people say "what the hell is a bitcoin bowl")

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

im the upside down axis.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

TVarmy posted:

im the upside down axis.

it's pagerank, lower numbers are better

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

(i suspect the google searches will spike slightly because of the bitcoin bowl, as tons of people say "what the hell is a bitcoin bowl")

You have to understand how small of a game it is. It's literally a football game played on a baseball diamond. They don't even have a real stadium.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You have to understand how small of a game it is. It's literally a football game played on a baseball diamond. They don't even have a real stadium.

lol really

please confirm this is true

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

im surprised more pro footballers arent into bitcoin based on the high level of permanent brain damage that is common throughout the sport

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

lol really

please confirm this is true

https://www.google.com/search?q=tro...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

:eyepop:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Yeah, the whole thing is just barely a step above sponsering a little league game. There is highschool football games that get more viewers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

capacity is supposedly 43k for football, which actually makes it smaller than the stadium for either of the teams in the game, though a bit higher than the average attendance for ucf and quite a bit lower than the average nc state attendance.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Endless Mike posted:

capacity is supposedly 43k for football, which actually makes it smaller than the stadium for either of the teams in the game, though a bit higher than the average attendance for ucf and quite a bit lower than the average nc state attendance.

Capacity, beef o brady bowl last year got 20,053 people. It's not a popular or important game.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Capacity, beef o brady bowl last year got 20,053 people. It's not a popular or important game.

Go wolfpack! :(

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Did anyone say beef o blockchain bowl?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
there are something like 35 bowl games played in the last weeks of december. the one that bitcoin is sponsoring is literally ranked 35th out of those 35. two schools no one cares about who managed to wheeze to a .500 record. theres a 50/50 chance the bowl will simply be canceled next year, or if it survives, the year after that.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

FMguru posted:

two schools no one cares about who managed to wheeze to a .500 record.
:(

hey, we have 3 current NFL quarterbacks who are alums!

(one of whom transferred away from our terrible team)

(we're terrible)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

yeah but one of the teams this year is an hour away. it won't sell out because, yeah, it's the bottom bitch bowl, but it'll do okay just based on that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the oakland coliseum is a multi-use stadium that hosts both baseball and football (meaning it sucks for both). it's not at all the same as converting a baseball park - the smalled in mlb, at that - into a football field.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

im surprised more pro footballers arent into bitcoin based on the high level of permanent brain damage that is common throughout the sport

No, they're still smart/self-aware enough to realize they should just have someone else handle their money for them.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

FMguru posted:

there are something like 35 bowl games played in the last weeks of december. the one that bitcoin is sponsoring is literally ranked 35th out of those 35. two schools no one cares about who managed to wheeze to a .500 record. theres a 50/50 chance the bowl will simply be canceled next year, or if it survives, the year after that.

bitpay bought 2 years of sponsorship, i doubt that it will be cancelled next year.

also:

with tim draper saying he won 2000, that'd explain all 50k us marshal auctioned bitcoins for this batch, 94k still in us marshal control. gray thread says that the bitcointrust was a group you could just buy into and they'd distribute winnings based on your share of the funds.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
i thought when they announced it somebody said there was one bowl with less viewership?

as i recall naming rights for this thing were only like 100k or something, YOSPOS could dig deep and have the cosby bowl next year

...that might have been a better idea in a previous year, though

fermun posted:

gray thread says that the bitcointrust was a group you could just buy into and they'd distribute winnings based on your share of the funds.
i said that and it was a question, i remember something like that but don't remember if that's what the bitcointrust was or if it was something else

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boxturret posted:

C'est pas un vilain troll

Ceci n'est pas une bitcoin

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

the oakland coliseum is a multi-use stadium that hosts both baseball and football (meaning it sucks for both). it's not at all the same as converting a baseball park - the smalled in mlb, at that - into a football field.

I like to make fun of o.co ok

yes oracle renamed it to o.co

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

fermun posted:

bitcointrust

but i thought bitcoin was trustless:confused:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Has anyone said buttbowl yet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also football games in actual baseball stadiums (none of this cross sport crap like o.Co or tropicana) owns

also tropicana field is like the fifth oldest stadium in mlb for a team that's like 15 years old

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Here's a gold ring for scale

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

pascal's wager is only valid if you're on the fence for one and exactly one religion (with a similar afterlife to Christianity), if you don't think there's a reasonable chance the religion is true just ignore it

but if you're seriously like 50/50 it's a pretty logically valid proposition, there's just kinda some hidden parameters

and even though it has some hidden assumptions it's a really important part of the development of logical proof as a thing people do

also in my head I always pretend he's named "Blaze" Pascal because that sounds like he's the bully from 1950s who wears a leather jacket and rides a motorcycle

the basic problem with Pascal's wager is that man thinks of himself so mightily that even his own god will succumb to this one simple trick invented by a philosopher, gods hate him!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Alan Smithee posted:

Ceci n'est pas une bitcoin

:dong::duckie:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

ayn rand hand job posted:

I like to make fun of o.co ok

yes oracle renamed it to o.co
o.co is overstock and the oracle arena is a different building than the o.co coliseum (they share a parking lot)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

As a Millennial I posted:

i don't get it, can you please ask nicsho to spend a month writing a 10k word wannabe cracked article about this image
whatever happened to him, wasn't he writing some kind of piece about coinbase like a week ago

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
yeah, i screwed up the two in my head

it's funnier because bitcoin

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
the guy across my cubicle wall is talking about bitcoins

he has a wallet but no coins

it was over $1000 but then the japanese market crashed

you can also buy bits which are fractions of a bitcoins

they aren't illegal, in fact they are accepted at lots of places

i'm learning a lot guys

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingorc posted:

the guy across my cubicle wall is talking about bitcoins

he has a wallet but no coins

it was over $1000 but then the japanese market crashed

you can also buy bits which are fractions of a bitcoins

they aren't illegal, in fact they are accepted at lots of places

i'm learning a lot guys
but did you get head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sham bam bamina! posted:

but did you get head

not so much, basically what happened next was i took a plane to south america and

• Locked thread