Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good news, racers. Rockstar knows turbo is hosed and is trying to fix it. So uh I guess come on Heists and turbo fix update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Good news, racers. Rockstar knows turbo is hosed and is trying to fix it. So uh I guess come on Heists and turbo fix update!

And it would cost you 10k to remove it then another 50k to add it back once it's fixed. Bravo R*, bravo.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I never removed turbo from my vehicles for that exact reason.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

blackguy32 posted:

I never removed turbo from my vehicles for that exact reason.

Same here. I just stopped doing races temporarily until they fix it.

I mean I will do pubbie racing because I can win those regardless, but no real racing.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BitBasher posted:

Same here. I just stopped doing races temporarily until they fix it.

I mean I will do pubbie racing because I can win those regardless, but no real racing.

I always think that, until I race and it's catch-up + slipstream and I get run off the course. If I host pubbies so that I can turn that stuff off / go no contact then they just drop out. gently caress pubbies is what I'm getting at.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

No contact races are okay but it's much more satisfying to win a race from behind because some dumb poo poo tries to ram you off the road and spins themselves out. Or when it's a tense situation like two cars side by side at full speed, but neither one trying to ram the other first.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

im pooping! posted:

No contact races are okay but it's much more satisfying to win a race from behind because some dumb poo poo tries to ram you off the road and spins themselves out. Or when it's a tense situation like two cars side by side at full speed, but neither one trying to ram the other first.

It probably is more satisfying but I don't win races so it doesn't matter

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I got invited to something called "Ultra Bomberman" which was just a bunch of bridges floating in the sky, connecting to a small "room" in the center. Everyone was forced into first person view, spawned with grenades, and other than a sticky bomb that spawned in the middle, every weapon pickup was grenades.

This game is loving stupid and I am really glad I bought it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I always think that, until I race and it's catch-up + slipstream and I get run off the course. If I host pubbies so that I can turn that stuff off / go no contact then they just drop out. gently caress pubbies is what I'm getting at.

Catch up and slipstream is only good for GTA races to induce the maximum amount of carnage.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I like those people who fall for that map that claims to give you a shitload of money and RP.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If I figure out how to create what becomes an on-foot race across the state/continent I'll know what to name it, thanks.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

If I figure out how to create what becomes an on-foot race across the state/continent I'll know what to name it, thanks.

Make a GTA bicycle race so you can get off your bike, lock the vehicle to the whippet so you can't bunnyhop*.

Make an enclosure of blue barriers around the starting grid. Place a flat wood pile inside so players can climb out.

Easy way: Don't include any checkpoints, just make a finish line. Hope that you don't get killed before the finish or you will respawn at the beginning

Harder way: enclose your checkpoints, or maybe place them where the player cannot get the bike out, so that even if they respawn on their bike it will be useless to get to the next checkpoint.

*set vehicle to motorcycles initially, use the flat wood pile to wheelie hop out of the enclosure for testing. After your test is completed, save the race. Go to available vehicles and deselect everything but bicycles. Highlight bicycles and press square, then you can deselect everything but one race bike like the whippet. This will not require you to test again. Publish the race.

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 9, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

geeves posted:

Catch up and slipstream is only good for GTA races to induce the maximum amount of carnage.

Truth. I only use it on one race, Legion square dance. Woe be unto you when I port that to ps4

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Hugh Malone posted:

Make a GTA bicycle race so you can get off your bike, lock the vehicle to the whippet so you can't bunnyhop*.

Make an enclosure of blue barriers around the starting grid. Place a flat wood pile inside so players can climb out.

Easy way: Don't include any checkpoints, just make a finish line. Hope that you don't get killed before the finish or you will respawn at the beginning

Harder way: enclose your checkpoints, or maybe place them where the player cannot get the bike out, so that even if they respawn on their bike it will be useless to get to the next checkpoint.

*set vehicle to motorcycles initially, use the flat wood pile to wheelie hop out of the enclosure for testing. After your test is completed, save the race. Go to available vehicles and deselect everything but bicycles. Highlight bicycles and press square, then you can deselect everything but one race bike like the whippet. This will not require you to test again. Publish the race.

I would love to hoof it on foot to get to the end.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scyron posted:

I would love to hoof it on foot to get to the end.

He tried that in one race, it was pretty cool except since it had to be a GTA race SOME goons were shooting everyone.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Kelly posted:

He tried that in one race, it was pretty cool except since it had to be a GTA race SOME goons were shooting everyone.

I think I remember that race. Of course I didn't read the description nor did I listen to Hugh Malone's spiel about the course so after I crossed the lake I just biked past everyone, legitimately thinking to myself, "Why is everyone running on foot???"

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I think I remember that race. Of course I didn't read the description nor did I listen to Hugh Malone's spiel about the course so after I crossed the lake I just biked past everyone, legitimately thinking to myself, "Why is everyone running on foot???"

Ha, yeah, I figured the only way to do a triathlon is to mix up the order, maybe swim, no checkpoint, run to checkpoint, get bike

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

Am I able to save my video clips to an external HD? What format it have to be? God forbid anything be plug and play this day in age.

I've had no issues saving clips to USB storage, but it was by moving them over manually in system storage.

On the other hand, Facebook and YouTube uploads always fail for me, but the failed process still saves my trimmed clips just fine. Which is still handy if I'm transferring them to a USB stick anyway.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

titties posted:

Winning contact races is a totally separate acquired skill. I have done most of my racing with contact on. You just really need to have a solid grasp of situational awareness and it's fine. Pubbies either fall into the camp of clean racing or ramming, and rammers can usually be made to put themselves into a wall. If you know they are coming just swerve out and tap the brakes, then slipstream and PIT them, or use their car to arrest your momentum on a corner sending them clear off the track. Offensive driving is best driving.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

I've had no issues saving clips to USB storage, but it was by moving them over manually in system storage.

On the other hand, Facebook and YouTube uploads always fail for me, but the failed process still saves my trimmed clips just fine. Which is still handy if I'm transferring them to a USB stick anyway.

When I plug it in, it says it cannot read the format. Out of the box it's NTFS. Does it have to be Fat?

BitBasher posted:

Winning contact races is a totally separate acquired skill. I have done most of my racing with contact on. You just really need to have a solid grasp of situational awareness and it's fine. Pubbies either fall into the camp of clean racing or ramming, and rammers can usually be made to put themselves into a wall. If you know they are coming just swerve out and tap the brakes, then slipstream and PIT them, or use their car to arrest your momentum on a corner sending them clear off the track. Offensive driving is best driving.

I try to drive smart and defensively, even with pubbies. But going through turns mostly or tight straightaways it's unavoidable with pubbies who have either poor control or no basic knowledge of how to race through turns and just mash the accelerator. If it's a non-gta race I try my best to avoid crew members almost at all costs, which last weekend caused me to wreck cashcamden when I completely missed a turn. We were side-by-side but I was slightly behind and watching her car to keep from pitting her; instead I didn't see the checkpoint and t-boned her when she crossed in front of me.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

geeves posted:

I try to drive smart and defensively, even with pubbies. But going through turns mostly or tight straightaways it's unavoidable with pubbies who have either poor control or no basic knowledge of how to race through turns and just mash the accelerator. If it's a non-gta race I try my best to avoid crew members almost at all costs, which last weekend caused me to wreck cashcamden when I completely missed a turn. We were side-by-side but I was slightly behind and watching her car to keep from pitting her; instead I didn't see the checkpoint and t-boned her when she crossed in front of me.

It's doable with pubbies you just have to drive completely different. If one is anywhere near you take the corners way outside or way inside. If one is close to you just let them go past. If one is screaming up behind you swing way from them and tap the brake and let them pass. Deal with collisions on your terms even if it means slowing down temporarily or taking corners on a non optimal fashion in order to get out of their way.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

geeves posted:

When I plug it in, it says it cannot read the format. Out of the box it's NTFS. Does it have to be Fat?

You're on PS4 right? It hasto be FAT32 to work for sure, and the system should also handle exFAT (a somewhat new format that anything newer than XP SP2 or OS X 10.5 can handle on computers, and is basically FAT32 except you can have the files larger than 4 GB each and it doesn't break as often).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Truth. I only use it on one race, Legion square dance. Woe be unto you when I port that to ps4
I made a deathmatch called Legion Square Dance. Are you telling me there's a verified race called that now? :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

You're on PS4 right? It hasto be FAT32 to work for sure, and the system should also handle exFAT (a somewhat new format that anything newer than XP SP2 or OS X 10.5 can handle on computers, and is basically FAT32 except you can have the files larger than 4 GB each and it doesn't break as often).

Thanks! Didn't even see the exFat option in Disk Utility, will try that.

Edit: that worked!

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 9, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

That was actually pretty funny. I was doing the same and not paying enough attention to the turn and made it too wide trying to give you space.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I built a GTA race that was start and finish only so death = spawning at the start, bicycles that cannot leave the pit they spawn in, only weapon = fists. Had great believable-for-dummies texts in name and description of how it would be fixed in the christmas patch and people had to grind it now and invite as many people as possible, and the more who finish it the larger the rewards. Four-some minutes to hit the goal by Akuma during testing and verifying.

Then something messed up and I cannot even start GTA5 any longer. Rebuild-time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The turbulence isn't that bad and it's pretty normal irl, it's extremely difficult to keep aircraft straight and level near surface level and it's even more likely to happen flying near mountain ranges. I've never had it gently caress me over on missions or cause me to crash. It's there to prevent someone from absolutely wrecking your poo poo by sniping people with chain guns.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Beastie posted:

The turbulence isn't that bad and it's pretty normal irl, it's extremely difficult to keep aircraft straight and level near surface level and it's even more likely to happen flying near mountain ranges. I've never had it gently caress me over on missions or cause me to crash. It's there to prevent someone from absolutely wrecking your poo poo by sniping people with chain guns.

It's a videogame so "irl" means gently caress all, but even if you disagree with that, if I recall correctly Duke actually knows how to fly helicopters irl :ssh:

Some bobbing around in-game to prevent chaingun sniping is fine but making the chainguns absolutely useless because it bobs around so much even at flight skill 100 is just as stupid. Maybe moreso. Also in terms of balance, now that the game has dumbfire rockets a helicopter wrecking your poo poo isn't going to be significantly easier with less bob giving you more effective guns.

It'd just be a lot more stylish.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 10, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Okay this seems fixed. Still would make a good fuckpubbies as it is, trying to escape up to 29 other people with whatever weapons and motorcycles, trying to wheeliejump a pixel-perfect requiring wooden pallet pile.

If anyone can manage it I recommend taking inspiration from what I flat out published first by mistake:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You're a bad person. I like it.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I made a deathmatch called Legion Square Dance. Are you telling me there's a verified race called that now? :(

No, it's mine

Should be verified tho, it's badass

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

MrLonghair posted:

Okay this seems fixed.

You're doing it wrong.

Just kidding, it still works on ps3 in creator.

What part doesn't work? The part where you change the vehicles, but you still have to test?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

What part doesn't work? The part where you change the vehicles, but you still have to test?

Yeah, tried different varieties of this including vehicle types, trying it on other mission designs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Since I am so progressive with motivating masochistic races like these, someone start up a game and invite me sometime via psn, scyron57. I've been in in lobbies with you before MrlongHair. I'll take the loss on a hilarious long rear end race.

I'll be around later tonight and probably most of tomorrow. I can start playing in an hour-two, after sons of anarchy is done.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Good times tonight, LLJK PSN crew.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bisticles posted:

Good times tonight, LLJK PSN crew.

drat I was hoping to catch you tonight.

I should be on in an hour if anyone wants to do some missions I need money for a helicopter so badly.

Can't buy one yet well maybe I can but w/e I need a Frogger so bad

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

verbal enema posted:

drat I was hoping to catch you tonight.

I should be on in an hour if anyone wants to do some missions I need money for a helicopter so badly.

Can't buy one yet well maybe I can but w/e I need a Frogger so bad

Get a buzzard or failing that get a Swift. Only get a frogger if you got cash to burn and have the others including a cargo bob. :D

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Am I the only one who likes catchup turned on?

I don't play for srs bsnss stats. I'm here to have a good time. Catchup means it's a bit more of a crapshoot. But it's a funner, evener crapshoot. With more tailgaiting, less people being completely out of it, etc

I love being in a big messy pack. Hitting trees. Traffic. Fences. And best of all. Each other. As a big warm fuzzy group.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Ziploc posted:

Am I the only one who likes catchup turned on?

I don't play for srs bsnss stats. I'm here to have a good time. Catchup means it's a bit more of a crapshoot. But it's a funner, evener crapshoot. With more tailgaiting, less people being completely out of it, etc

I love being in a big messy pack. Hitting trees. Traffic. Fences. And best of all. Each other. As a big warm fuzzy group.

I don't disagree. I like catchup and drafting on but I'm good with racing either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I always prefer catchup being on. Especially when I decide to use my Voltic in a super race with lots of crashing going on.

• Locked thread