Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Whose idea was it to make a 400 pound white guy from Nebraska a rapper wearing a singlet that made him look like an elephant? Whose idea was it to put him in a scaffold match on PPV with Bobby Eaton against Stunning Steve Austin and Terry Taylor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

Ok, I'm still seriously trying to wrap my head around this idea of Sizzler an "asian" thing. Titties, can you enlighten me to the ways of our people? To stay on topic, let's talk about Tajiri as well.

Watch the parts unknown video on the last page, looks like it's just a thing that randomly spread through Asian communities for some reason

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Whose idea was it to make a 400 pound white guy from Nebraska a rapper wearing a singlet that made him look like an elephant? Whose idea was it to put him in a scaffold match on PPV with Bobby Eaton against Stunning Steve Austin and Terry Taylor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLE2tABulU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

hey, a bad white rapper with a silly outfit who rhymes very s-l-o-w-l-y and lamely became the most profitable gimmick of all time so..

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I love the ticker at the bottom "RIC FLAIR WILL NOT BE AT THIS SHOW ENJOY BARRY WINDHAM"

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Speedboat Jones posted:

Ok, I'm still seriously trying to wrap my head around this idea of Sizzler an "asian" thing. Titties, can you enlighten me to the ways of our people? To stay on topic, let's talk about Tajiri as well.

It wasn't very expensive in the 80's and 90's, there are a million locations in California, and they have cheese toast. There's not much to it.

I like when Tajiri kicks the head

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

titties posted:

I like when Tajiri kicks

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

WeaponX posted:

hey, a bad white rapper with a silly outfit who rhymes very s-l-o-w-l-y and lamely became the most profitable gimmick of all time so..

debatable

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

I love the ticker at the bottom "RIC FLAIR WILL NOT BE AT THIS SHOW ENJOY BARRY WINDHAM"

Bash '91 is the one where they're chanting We Want Flair constantly and is like the worst PPV ever made

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I was looking up the Great American Bash 91 and forgot that Luger was US champ at the time. I didn't remember him ever having both titles at the same time, so further digging found a house show where a one night tournament was held where Sting won the US title.

Here is the bracket:

code:
Sting___________
                |Sting______
Arn Anderson____|           |
                            |Sting_____
Diamond Stud____            |          |
                |Stud_______|          |
Bobby Eaton_____|                      |
                                       |Sting___
             Barry Windham__           |
                            |          |
Steve Austin____            |Austin____|
                |Austin_____|
Tom Zenk________|

Johnny B. Badd__
                |Draw_______
Yellow Dog______|           |
                            |___________
Ricky Morton____            |
                |DDQ________|
Dustin Rhodes___|
What was the plan with that bottom bracket?

Also, why does Windham get a bye like that?

Also, why did WCW Tournaments always have brackets that were non-standard?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What was the plan with that bottom bracket?

"Creative has nothing for you"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WeaponX posted:

Cena is decent at actually freestyling but for some reason either him or the writers decided the best way to translate that to a wrestling crowd was to have him do lethargic dr. Seuss disses which were legit over for a while regardless

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

WeaponX posted:

I would rather listen to ten minutes of John Cena freestyling disses against Randy Orton (tell me how my rear end taste) than PN News.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Got to give Cena props for growing past a gimmick which was bound to get tedious pretty fast, also for overcoming being burdened with a human charisma black hole like Bull 'B2' Buchanan. That guy was the wrestling career equivalent of a 10-ton anchor.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cena is decent at actually freestyling but for some reason either him or the writers decided the best way to translate that to a wrestling crowd was to have him do lethargic dr. Seuss disses which were legit over for a while regardless

The only thing I know about Cena's rapping skills are that loving WWE 2K15 commercial, where the loving line they decided to use to show off Cena's rap prowess was

they shoulda never let Cena spit with Wiz Khalifa

Which, considering the way he delivered that and how it somehow sounded worse every time I heard the commercial, seems accurate. I guess what I'm wondering is, are there any clips of him actually doing it well in a promo, or was it just as bad as I'm imagining?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cena is the best upper class white rapper of all time.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qM4ei_TD2A

Even when Kurt raps, he raps more better.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kurt wasn't born upper class though.

Cena was born to a giant house, privately educated and votes Republican. By all rights he should be wearing a polo shirt with the collar popped and drinking over priced beer in a trendy nighclub.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Cena was born to a giant house, privately educated and votes Republican. By all rights he should be wearing a polo shirt with the collar popped and drinking over priced beer in a trendy nighclub.

gimmicks are fake, he could be mitt romney for all i care, it's the rapping in stilted limericks like a weird fairy tale character that bothers me

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Randy Savage.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WeaponX posted:

it's the rapping in stilted limericks like a weird fairy tale character that bothers me

What if Cena got a Tom Bombadil gimmick?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

WeaponX posted:

gimmicks are fake, he could be mitt romney for all i care, it's the rapping in stilted limericks like a weird fairy tale character that bothers me

His gimmick was amazingly poo poo, don't get me wrong. I bought the 2004 Royal Rumble on a whim after stopping watching wrestling since 2002 and gently caress me was he terrible on it.

bobkatt013 posted:

Randy Savage.

The son of a wrestler will never be Upper class, not even Ted DiBiase Jr.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Gonzo McFee posted:

The son of a wrestler will never be Upper class, not even Ted DiBiase Jr.

Even the sons of a wrestler who has dined with kings and queens?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Two Beans posted:

Even the sons of a wrestler who has dined with kings and queens?

Even the sons of those who have slept in alleys and feasted on pork and beans.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Even the sons of those who have slept in alleys and feasted on pork and beans.

He is the Macho King you loving philistine

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RZApublican posted:

What if Cena got a Tom Bombadil gimmick?

The only gimmick change John Cena will ever have from here on out will be when he steals Misawa's gimmick.

(And dies in the ring)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nitro is on! It's a really awesome month for WCW with the Uncensored 98 build!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I didn't know that. What's the source of this info? This makes me like Cena even less.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Rad R. posted:

I didn't know that. What's the source of this info? This makes me like Cena even less.

He went to the same private school as the King of Bhutan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

no man he's totally a relatable person

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Technically Cena was there for High School, and the King of Bhutan attended it for college.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rad R. posted:

His DVD's (And that segment on RAW where Edge invaded his family house while his character was supposed to be a street tough), his interview with Austin where he tried to play down his private education and this...

Keep reaching for that brass ring, hard work is it's own reward.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

Technically Cena was there for High School, and the King of Bhutan attended it for college.

I technically went to the same university as Arnold Schwarzenegger. In reality, Arnie took correspondence courses from there in the late 1970's and got a B.A. in International Marketing of Fitness and Business Administration, probably the one thing more laughable than a degree in Global Studies.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

His DVD's (And that segment on RAW where Edge invaded his family house while his character was supposed to be a street tough), his interview with Austin where he tried to play down his private education and this...

Keep reaching for that brass ring, hard work is it's own reward.

i guess i'm not seeing where he's a hardline republican because he was seen in the same place as a presidential candidate and posed for a photo with him

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

oatgan posted:

i guess i'm not seeing where he's a hardline republican because he was seen in the same place as a presidential candidate and posed for a photo with him

I seem to remember that he talked about wanting to deport Obama's aunt because Fox News said she was an illegal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

The governor of his home state, even.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I seem to remember that he talked about wanting to deport Obama's aunt because Fox News said she was an illegal

see? John Cena is perfectly relatable

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I remember a promo in response to CM Punk about how "he offered change and had a great celebration in Chicago but it was all bullshit and he's not going to be around much longer, lol" right before the 2012 election that sounded suspiciously like it was not directed at CM Punk.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

Obama's aunt over stayed a visa after she failed to receive asylum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember a promo in response to CM Punk about how "he offered change and had a great celebration in Chicago but it was all bullshit and he's not going to be around much longer, lol"
john cena was right