Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Of course Desborough's dumb card game getting taken off DTRPG has a thread up on Kotaku in Action. It may be a little :tinfoil: of me, but as the thread goes on it becomes pretty clear that the OP and driver for the thread is Desborough trying to post like he's not signal-boosting his own poo poo. It's not a very popular thread, but nothing will stop him in his quest to bring about #TabletopgatedomescandalSJWdamerung.

quote:

I'm not too concerned with boycotting Evil Hat unless OBS/DriveThruRPGs comes out saying they indeed were influenced by Evil Hat's whining. I think that people should put pressure on DriveThruRPGs to either explain why they did it or reinstate the game. There's no better way than not giving them your money, IMO.

quote:

You're not going to get the same effect on tabletop as you did in video games.

I think the issue you have is the idea that the SJW crowd is new to tabletop RPGs. They're not. They've been in it for a while and they've been very effective at taking control. They're the mods for the forums, and the writers and editors for major tabletop companies.

Tabletop is a much smaller hobby, and because of that, SJWs are not a minority like they are in video games. It's a very unwelcoming world for anyone not towing the social justice line. The nice thing is, you don't have to worry about it too much. Find a nice group and stick with them and you won't have to worry too much unless you feel like being a masochist and visiting the forums.

quote:

quote:

I hadn't heard about this. What on earth did Paizo and WOTC do?

Nothing much.

Paizo is very LBGT-friendly, and WOTC put their infamous gender-paragraph in D&D5. Which I don't consider to be boycott-worthy at all, but it does mean that the in-crowd "approves" of them.

quote:

I'm pretty sure that's highly illegal, just from what's been discussed around Gamergate before.

Personally though I wouldn't suggest Gamergate starts a boycott of DriveThroughRPG - keep the focus on videogames for now. Though if James Desborough wants to sue more power to him.

I know he has reputation and nothing more but I can't see how anything he did could justify illegal blacklisting.

quote:

The Evil Hat/RPGnet/Something Awful/RPG SJW clique have had a grudge against Desborough for a long time. This is par for the course, honestly.

quote:

I just don't understand how this happens. I don't play tabletop RPG's but wasn't the godfather, Dungeons and Dragons, completely poo poo on by the media and outraged moms for being satanic? There was even a movie about it with Tom Hanks where he apparently starts playing DnD and can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality. [Mazes & Monsters is an amazing garbage movie and you should watch it. —PoH]

Now there is a moral outrage over video games and the evil #GamerGate harassers and these people can't see the parallels?

quote:

SJWs infiltrated everything these days it seems, GamerGate has been ably painted as satanist in most social circles. Most RPG became genuinely progressive since the 90's though so I can see some game scenes attracting this kind of sick people.

quote:

quote:

Complaints about mergers, antitrust issues, acquisitions and business conduct that harm competition, limit products or services, destroy innovation, or raise prices may be submitted to antitrust@ftc.gov

I've filed a report and I'll encourage James to do the same.

quote:

Never bought fate, and now I never will. My group is enjoying savage worlds/ deadlands noir anyway.

quote:

I don't even get what's so controversial about Grimachu's stuff. It's not really inflammatory.

almost certainly Desborough trying to operate under the RADAR posted:

quote:

[someone in the thread e-mails Hicks, gets a (polite) response about how such products are garbage no matter who is publishing them]

Like I suspected, it's a personal beef. Not surprised at the weasel language either given that what JD wrote was a defense of rape in fiction. There goes Game Of Thrones.

Plus, it's the same old canard of the fallacy of origin. If he was consistent in any way, he would renounce feminism given the radfems (i.e. radscum) predilection for transphobia, or even mainstream feminism's own racefail (see dearwhitefeminists). Of course, no sane person would expect him to do that.

quote:

Given how much they live or die on the utterly insufferable rpg.net, which allows discussion of GG only in the negative, this is hardly a surprising turn of events. I imagine they're being textually fellated hard enough to strain the servers.

At least I never thought FATE was enough to be worth paying for, even assuming it hadn't labored under something as crass as a for-profit donation drive. I don't buy 'nothing'.

quote:

"If they don't want these people as their customers, they don't have to stock for them."

"If they don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings, they don't have to."

The primary feature of social justice is hypocrisy.

quote:

I'm quite happy that the designers of the collaborative storytelling exercise FATE are showing their true colors.

gently caress you CSE trash.

quote:

I don't think Evil Hat is directly to blame - pretty sure RPG.net's White Knight Brigade fearlessly charged in to make their disapproval known to DTRPG.

Hanrahan's tweet may have instigated it, or he might just have attempted to score some cheap points with the in-crowd.

Either way, it's is a lovely move by a less than clever representative of a noticably big company, and a spinecrumblingly weak follow-up by drivethru. And I hope it actually proves to be unlawful.

No, definitely not Des posted:

Maybe, but the executives do not deny that they did meet regarding what to decide. It only turned out that they didn't have to do anything because DTRPG actually did something shortly after.

Like I said, my only focus on EvilHat is to show their hissy fit, but the actual pressure should be on DTRPG to come clean as to why they removed the game, and to have them reinstate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

crime fighting hog posted:

I completely washed over the times Zak S. was here and posting. Can someone give me a rundown of how that went?
He came into the grognards.txt thread to tell us that we were all sad and pathetic. Winson then edited his rant into a picture of a ham and probated him. He hasn't come back since.

EDIT: Also, a company using its power and influence to direct the market (in this case get a game taken off a website) isn't censorship, it's how capitalism works. Sorry bros.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, those gamergate dudes are really flummoxing huge portions of the milieu.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Froghammer posted:

EDIT: Also, a company using its power and influence to direct the market (in this case get a game taken off a website) isn't censorship, it's how capitalism works. Sorry bros.

It was also far closer to a genuine consumer revolt than whatever the gently caress GG thinks it's doing.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Froghammer posted:

Nerds + law = hilarity, every time. Perfectly legal capitalism happens, IT'S ILLEGAL CENSORSHIP, GET THE FTC INVOLVED, MAH RIIIIIGHTS

I mean the mails to the FTC are going to get lumped into the, "Crazy people being dumb," pile that has to be huge, but just imagine the confusion on whichever OIG person's face as they review it even briefly.

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 9, 2014

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

lol get a load of this grog

quote:

Across the immensity of time and the disconcerting multiplicity of individuals, one single operation is taking place: the annexation of Christ to His chosen; one single thing is being made: the Mystical Body of Christ, starting from all the sketchy spiritual powers scattered throughout the world. . . Our salvation is not pursued or achieved except in solidarity with the justification of the whole ‘body of the elect’. In a real sense, only one man will be saved: Christ, the head and living summary of humanity. Each one of the elect is called to see God face to face. . .

Our individual mystical effort awaits an essential completion in its union with the mystical effort of all other men. The divine milieu which will ultimately be one in the Pleroma, must begin to become one during the earthly phase of our existence . . .

To what force is it given to merge and exalt our partial rays into the principal radiance of Christ? To charity, the beginning and the end of all spiritual relationships . . . It is impossible to love Christ without loving others . . . And it is impossible to love others (in a spirit of broad human communion) without moving nearer to Christ.”

crime fighting hog posted:

I completely washed over the times Zak S. was here and posting. Can someone give me a rundown of how that went?

He kept insisting that creepy stuff never really happened in RPGs and people were making it up and went off sulking for a month when people told their IRL game stories, he got into a heated argument that culminated in him insulting his own players and putting them down in order to defend using dice scales (2-12) instead of actually telling you how many dice to roll (2d6), and he kept trying to use the socratic method on people and got more and more annoyed when they wouldn't follow him down whatever weird thought trails he had invented.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 9, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
He also went on to stalk and harass a lot of people over it, making it a note of pride that he was scaring people out of the ttg industry.

And that's why he was Mearls' choice to help make D&D 5e!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!
And that's why you don't mainline pure grog. It's a great rush but the results can be tragic.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

ProfessorCirno posted:

He also went on to stalk and harass a lot of people over it, making it a note of pride that he was scaring people out of the ttg industry.

And that's why he was Mearls' choice to help make D&D 5e!

He writes obtuse blogs about monsters and his city adventure book was pretty popular. That's super great! I'm sorry you can't stop name-searching and jumping into others' threads to bring up this old poo poo no one's talking about constantly.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Darwinism posted:

I bet that all was really goddamn easy to find, too, and that just makes it so much more depressing

Those ones were from a dude who felt really, really threatened by my Sexism in Table-top Gaming essay I wrote like over a year ago. The essay in question was made in response to a worrying trend on threads at GiantITP ("I don't understand how women can be good warriors!" "Would you play with a GM who imposed Strength caps on women?" etc), but then expanded to cover other stuff in geek culture.

As I posted it on multiple forums, the resulting reactions ranged from inspiring to depressing. A lot of people agreed with me (especially quite a few women posters on various sites, from what I recall), a lot disagreed, and a few people hated me for it.

All in all, I'm proud of what I wrote.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Libertad! posted:

Those ones were from a dude who felt really, really threatened by my Sexism in Table-top Gaming essay I wrote like over a year ago. The essay in question was made in response to a worrying trend on threads at GiantITP ("I don't understand how women can be good warriors!" "Would you play with a GM who imposed Strength caps on women?" etc), but then expanded to cover other stuff in geek culture.

As I posted it on multiple forums, the resulting reactions ranged from inspiring to depressing. A lot of people agreed with me (especially quite a few women posters on various sites, from what I recall), a lot disagreed, and a few people hated me for it.

All in all, I'm proud of what I wrote.

Leading to some of my favorite grog, where somebody starts talking about how CthulhuTech just "missed the mark" with their writing, it's a tool for us all to have a serious adult conversation about hard issues, and people need to lighten up. Then it turns out they read the core book once some indeterminate time ago, followed by "Well, okay, I guess that magic Nazi steampunk rape chair sounds pretty bad…but what about ~CENSORSHIP~!"

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Oh yeah, when I posted my essay in the EN World thread that guy told me that I was against freedom of speech for criticizing CthulhuTech, despite multiple times saying that he's never read the book.

And he was also a dude who repeatedly said that he was okay with Strength caps on women in games.

Completely by coincidence, he thinks that exposing people by surprise to this kind of stuff in public environments is no different than enjoyment of personal fantasies:

quote:

Whether or not rape, or child murder, or other things that different people find uniquely bad, are fit subjects for roleplaying games is a perfectly legitimate argument to have. As I've emphasized repeatedly, whatever your boundaries are, they're your boundaries, and you shouldn't be forced to participate in anything you don't feel comfortable with.

But at the same time, I shouldn't be forced to adhere to your boundaries. What I do in my imaginary storytime activities doesn't hurt you, any more than your imaginary storytime activities hurts me.

quote:

Actually, I do have something to say about Convention behavior and environments.

There is something I like to call, implied consent. For instance, if I show up at an anime convention (I spend a lot of time at anime conventions), I'm pretty much signalling by my presence that I think anime is pretty cool and something I find worthwhile to talk about.

But there's a lesser known but equally vital aspect to anime conventions; they're a big crossover with various alternative sexuality and lifestyles. And by being there, you're implying that you're okay with that stuff too. Some of the stuff I find objectionable, but by being there, I kind of implied that I was cool with it, so I keep my mouth shut.

If I went to Mardi Gras, I wouldn't take offense that someone offered me beads to expose myself.

I'm pretty sure you can imagine why I don't post at EN World much.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 9, 2014

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Plague of Hats posted:

He writes obtuse blogs about monsters and his city adventure book was pretty popular. That's super great! I'm sorry you can't stop name-searching and jumping into others' threads to bring up this old poo poo no one's talking about constantly.

Ho ho ho ho ho. :golfclap:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

quote:

If I went to Mardi Gras, I wouldn't take offense that someone offered me beads to expose myself.

Ah, classic. Meanwhile:

Desborough posted:

The smug sense of satisfaction I get from being the better man is purely coincidental :P

Hero, need, deserve, etc.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

The Sentient Milieu was an association of starfaring races that existed near our region of space 25,000 years ago. It was formed over the course of several thousand years to "mutually enrich their respective cultures, to provide a safe creche for emerging sentient species and to afford themselves a degree of protection from external hostilities via military alliance," as the Melnorme put it.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

quote:

quote:

Oh jesus.

Evil Hat are buddies with a certain transhumanist PnP RPG studio whose flagship product I absolutely adore. It's going to loving kill me if those guys come out in support of poo poo like this, because then I'm going to have to boycott their game.

If you're talking about Posthuman and Eclipse Phase, I don't know if they've said anything about this specifically, but the actually made a big post in their official forums a few months ago announcing that if you supported men's rights they didn't want your business. If they AREN'T in favor of this sort of censorious SJW crap, I'd be sort of shocked.

quote:

Thanks for the heads up. Those things both sound totally reasonable and not at all worthy of anyone being upset.

Artistic expression is a big theme here, and consequently we likely all can agree that Paizo gets to write whatever characters they want to write. (Although I look forward to a time they are able to write transgender characters non-ham-handedly).

I would be worried if either company had engaged in authoritarian crusades against certain groups of people, or people with certain views. Doesn't sound like they've done anything close to that. Panic averted.

quote:

So, I thought about this... Adjust Tin-foil hats as needed:

Many of these people involved espouse Marxist ideals. I've stayed out of that debate for the most part, because it's probably not constructive to GamerGate's core goals.

But, bear with me here. If you're spouting Marxist ideals and trying to promote a Marxist society, There would, arguably, not be a distinction between a company or set of companies encouraging 'censorship' and a group of people encouraging 'censorship', because It's all the same in their mind

(I'm using Quotes here because I feel like Censorship, like every other loving word that is thrown around by the Antiintellectualgamergate crowd, has had it's meaning perverted to the point I don't even think THEY know what it is supposed to mean to them anymore.)

The dominating corporate power of mostly one-person hobby games publishers. Truly, we live in a Marxist dystopia.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

:derp:

:derp:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Gamers using "milieu" are just parroting Grognard Prime himself, whose writing tended to use unnecessary ten-dollar words

Gary Motherfucking Gygax posted:

As has been often pointed out, AD&D is a game wherein participants create personae and operate them in the milieu created and designed, in whole or in part, by the Dungeon Master and shared by all, including the DM, in imagination and enthusiasm. The central theme of this game is the interaction of these personae, whether those of the players or those of the DM, with the milieu, including that part represented by the characters and creatures personified by the DM.
wherein personae milieu personified

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I like that Gygax and White Wolf sort of instilled parts of the hobby with an appreciation for the thesaurus, but as with anything else hobby fans will take it too far. I think it's mostly a good thing, though.

quote:

Aww.. Cam Banks seemed like a nice guy. He signed my Supernatural book. I asked if he was at the MW booth at gencon and they said he had left the company. Sucks to hear he's a douchebag..

DTRPG is nice but they're pretty closely tied with Onyx Path, and their M:TR guy is a huge anti gamergater. I can't remember his name but he had an anime frog avatar. My point is a lot of people in that community are going to think badly of Gamergate. Personally I won't hold ignorance against too many people in this environment. I think it makes perfect sense for somebody not closely involved to think Gamergate is, indeed, a hate group. It's easy to "listen and believe" when people are telling you horrible things about something. Why would that girl lie? Why would everybody lie? That'd be crazy! But it is crazy. It's a full-scale propaganda war and you can't be too biased against people who get caught in the net.

I'm not trying to defend them too hard, just saying that boycotting them may not be the answer. It's better in this case to try to educate them and/or let them be. We'll never convince the public that we're not a hate group by rioting over their reactions to us. It's important to just focus on what matters.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

That quote is just depressing, like a marathon runner dropping dead of a heart attack 5 feet from the finish line. That guy almost had it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kind of wondering what the context is for the Cam Banks hate. (My guess: Cam Banks said he hates Goomergoyf.)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The RPGnet Far West thread continues to deliver. Where did all the money go? A random poster suggests a possibility.

quote:

If you read the early (I mean first couple of months) updates you will see that GMS went to Hollywood to show far west around...I think most of our money went there.
Hey remember those movies with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson? Well this is pretty much the same, but different! *waits for seven-figure check to arrive*

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

What's with lovely webcomics and using so many loving words?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

When you can't draw or storyboard worth a crap, filling panels with :words: lets you get away with the bare minimum of art or action and still call your work a "comic."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They don't want to make a comic, they want to make a rant. But nobody wants to read their rants. Maybe if they disguise it in "art" and cartoon titties people will pay attention!

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Plague of Hats posted:

"If they don't want these people as their customers, they don't have to stock for them."

"If they don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings, they don't have to."

The primary feature of social justice is hypocrisy.
Desbo used that exact same comparison on his twitter; that's either him or a sycophant follower.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Personally, I hate the Wounds vs. Vitality meme. In my D&D-verse, adventurers get physically tougher for a physical reason: the increased life energy they carry results in greater binding energy between their fleshly components for as long as they've alive. Vampiric Touch siphons off this binding energy in a very straightforward fashion, for example, so there's nothing mysterious about how it takes ten commoners' worth of HP to fill up an archnecromancer's HP after he takes a beating: he physically has more capacity. Whenever you stab someone and do HP damage, you are physically nicking/scratching them, which is why poison takes effect. There is none of this nonsense about "you were about to scratch him but he ducked and was untouched, unless his blade was poisoned in which case he still took a superficial cut just big enough to dose him with poison but not big enough to actually hurt him in and of itself."

Treating HP as a physical quantity is a very simple and straightforward way to run HP and IMHO the only one which makes sense (i.e. is consistent with the observed behavior of the D&D ruleset). But YMMV.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Chaltab posted:

Desbo used that exact same comparison on his twitter; that's either him or a sycophant follower.

Shitheads of all stripes bring up the wedding cake thing as some deluded "gotcha" all over the loving place, right or left, stupid or dumb. It's easy to believe it's just some GGbro.

doo-doot doo-doot-da-doot, your daily GGCG update! posted:

Update 5: Steve Jackson Games have refused to sell the product on e23, on the grounds they believe it would negatively impact their digital sales. SJ Games tends to have a fairly right wing and mercenary bent, to the point of not sharing the Munchkin millions with the people who started off the whole thing, in this case it seems like the mercenary bent won out – but at least they were honest and straightforward about it and it’s a purely commercial decision. OneBookShelf (RPGNOW/Drivethru) inform me that there’ll be a consulting period and some actual, generally applicable rules will be come up with to decide what can and should be banned, when and how. So please do continue to contact them and express your PoV as a consumer that free expression is important and that you’re capable of making your own decisions about what you do and do not buy. More importantly, if you’re a creator who sells through any of their sites you should have concerns about any such rules – as they may turn on you in the future – and should make your opinion known. Contact form via this link. For my part it’s simple. If it’s not illegal, it should be allowed – properly streamed and tagged. If you wish to express your displease at SJ Games refusing to host the download, you can do that HERE.

:ohdear: I was planning on being silent when they came to take the overpriced-at-free CGI titties and games literally about rape. :ohdear:

quote:

quote:

The funny thing is, an actually transhumanist society would see socjust bullshit in the same hilariously hosed manner they'd look at religious fundamentalism...

In the Eclipse Phase games I've run, I've done exactly this.

:siren::supaburn: ATTENTION POSTHUMAN STUDIOS: REPORT TO MEDICAL IMMEDIATELY FOR A NEW CORTICAL STACK!
YOU HAVE BEEN SEVERELY BURNED!
:supaburn::siren:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Ahahahaha, Desborough is bent about Munchkin going on to make a zillion dollars for SJG while he never saw a cent of it. He was one of the authors of The Munchkin's Guide To Powergaming book that SJG published in the mid-1990s, which was sold well enough to make Jackson think there was a market for gamer-self-mocking "Munchkin" products and games and well the rest is history. No wonder he keeps trying to fart out hastily-thrown-together card games based on some passing nerd culture meme - he saw SJG do it and make millions, so he figures he's due. Yeah, good luck with that.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Also, it seems "Freedom" now means forcing other private companies to carry your game and do business with you whether you want to or not (so long as it's not illegal). SJG and DTRPG should have no ability to decide what they should or should not carry. Good to know.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's legitimately depressing how insane and up his own rear end he is.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Pundowski posted:

It is really loving inconvenient that it's this particular product that's the 'martyr product', because of course they can keep trying to make this about Gamergate instead of about how Fred Hicks believes he should get to decide for everyone else what they're allowed to read, buy or sell (it's for our own good, of course, because we're just unwashed massses that don't know what's best for us, and need illuminated elite guardians to tell us what we should even try to think, so that our inferior impressionable minds don't get corrupted by 'problematic' ideas).

But that's why they chose this one, of course. They don't really give a poo poo about Desborough's gamergate game. I mean, they do as much as any pseudo-activist would, but they went after it as a small-fry to set precedent. What they really want is to win at this one, to establish precedent, and then almost immediately after someone will "discover" something really "Offensive" about Red & Pleasant Land (a far more successful, edgier, and more important product, that is currently making all the Swine seethe with jealousy because it makes them all look like a bunch of pseudo-artistic posers compared to Zak Smith) to make sure that gets blacklisted too.

Pundowski posted:

The most you can say about DTRPG is that they were easily-manipulated cowards. But the ethical fascism here is on the part of the arrogance of the Evil Hat guys, who think they should get to decide for the rest of us what we're allowed to have or not have in the hobby. They didn't want to just tell us they think its bad, or urge us not to buy something; they wanted to cut it off at the choke point so that the rest of us HAVE NO CHOICE about buying it.
Its more hypocritical, of course, that they're also doing it for market-dominance reasons.

And it's irrelevant whether or not OBS was actually driven to blacklist because of them, or what they claim about it, because the point still stands that Evil Hat, that Hanrahan and Hicks and the rest all clearly WANTED to blacklist, they WANTED that influence, and they clearly believe themselves such a special elite above the unwashed masses of regular gamers that they should be entitled to (for our own good no doubt) tell us what we're allowed to read or not.

Currently smoking: moldy grass clippings rolled in dogshit.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Isn't Red and Pleasant Land just "Zak does Alice"? How the hell does that make anyone jealous?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Slimnoid posted:

Currently smoking: moldy grass clippings rolled in dogshit.

I don't get this. I simply don't. Mind you, I learned about Pundit a couple days ago.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

^^^^ Pundit's essays tend to include a note about what tobaccos he's smoking. There's even a special field on his forum to enter that poo poo into posts. The above was a jape over such tomfoolery.

inklesspen posted:

Isn't Red and Pleasant Land just "Zak does Alice"? How the hell does that make anyone jealous?

Because on the rare occasion that he bothers to do so, he can write well, therefore the reason everyone hates him is because he's a genius that embarrasses lesser men. It can't have anything to do with him just being an rear end, otherwise that would be Pundit's problem, too!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The most you can say about DTRPG is that they were easily-manipulated cowards.

You'd think that Pundowski would be a little more cagey about directly insulting the people whose platform he's using to sell his game. Like, come on DTRPG folks, quote that poo poo and use it as a justification to remove Arrows of Indra the same way that one dude got his game removed from Steam from making death threats about GabeN

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Plague of Hats posted:

^^^^ Pundit's essays tend to include a note about what tobaccos he's smoking. There's even a special field on his forum to enter that poo poo into posts. The above was a jape over such tomfoolery.

Because on the rare occasion that he bothers to do so, he can write well, therefore the reason everyone hates him is because he's a genius that embarrasses lesser men. It can't have anything to do with him just being an rear end, otherwise that would be Pundit's problem, too!

Yeah, I did get the joke - I just meant that I do not get why the hell he does that. But "he's insane" seems to be the answer.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

For some reason I always forget and assume Pundit's products are up on IPR or through a smaller storefront. It's hard to see it as anything but hypocrisy considering his attitudes on pretty much everyone who created and works for DTRPG.

Azran posted:

Yeah, I did get the joke - I just meant that I do not get why the hell he does that. But "he's insane" seems to be the answer.

Smoking is cool.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

gradenko_2000 posted:

You'd think that Pundowski would be a little more cagey about directly insulting the people whose platform he's using to sell his game. Like, come on DTRPG folks, quote that poo poo and use it as a justification to remove Arrows of Indra the same way that one dude got his game removed from Steam from making death threats about GabeN

But he's sold literally dozens of copies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

quote:

SJ Games tends to have a fairly right wing and mercenary bent,

This is hilariously stupid, given that the Illuminatus! trilogy that's been an obvious, driving force in Steve Jackson's career is probably one of the least right-wing and most hippy thought-salad surreal books published in recent memory. Also of note: The Principia Discordia, which was an influintial counter-culture drug religion manifesto (that SJG reprinted in 1994.)

• Locked thread