Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
close call there, OP. you got me good. You're pretty good.:ocelot::unsmith:

Dec 26, 2012

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
drat it feels good to be a gamer

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol if you arent playing video games right loving now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mercury Crusader posted:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Awesome Welles posted:

lol if you arent playing video games right loving now

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
oh phew, i was really worried for a second there op.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
drat it feels good to be a gamer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
in a game
out a game

it doesn't matter, gamer is a state of mind

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sometimes, at 5am when i need to sleep for work and can't stop gaming

but it quickly passes

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
... I wish I was a HyperX HyperGamer....and I can be!!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
sometimes, before i remember that gaming is ftw and also my whole life

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i do sometimes wish i could break away from what has become an addiction to video games, but i guess i'm just not there yet op

i dislike the word gamer because it makes me cringe every time i hear it

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Cyra posted:

i do sometimes wish i could break away from what has become an addiction to video games, but i guess i'm just not there yet op

gamer is kind of a dumpy word, i agree. pop culture ruins everything

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyra posted:

that's dangerously close to being a game hater, friend.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i like games, i think they're a great medium, but i don't like how much of my life i've invested in them. it's a me problem.

the industry looking awful because of the associations that come with the word "gamer" is also not good

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
"Video Game Enthusiast" is a sophisticated term for the enlightened gamer

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think "gamer" is a decent word, but like most things normies and game haters are trying to ruin it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I feel like "gamer" has lost a lot of it's stigma, much like "nerd". While this is pleasant, it's a problem because there are people that will call themselves a gamer because they play clash of clans. Much like people calling themselves nerds because they read Harry Potter.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like to change a lot of things about myself. Enjoying games isn't one of those. Semper Juegos

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

I feel like "gamer" has lost a lot of it's stigma, much like "nerd". While this is pleasant, it's a problem because there are people that will call themselves a gamer because they play clash of clans. Much like people calling themselves nerds because they read Harry Potter.

As long as someone plays video games, even if it's casual cell phone games, they're a gamer. It's the hosed up people who hate games but call themselves gamers which need to be purged.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Unguided posted:

Semper Juegos

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

posting in between levels of Donkey Kong '94 on my 3DS XL with the pea soup green filter on hardcore, hittin' the bowl, living the gamer thug life :cool:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Cyra posted:

i like games, i think they're a great medium, but i don't like how much of my life i've invested in them. it's a me problem.

the industry looking awful because of the associations that come with the word "gamer" is also not good

stfu

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
i only think games
i only dream about games
i only jerk off to games
i only eat games!!

gamer for life

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I feel shame when I don't play games

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
if you "used to be a gamer" then you never were!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

codenameFANGIO posted:

posting in between levels of Donkey Kong '94 on my 3DS XL with the pea soup green filter on hardcore, hittin' the bowl, living the gamer thug life :cool:
That game owns hard

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

That game owns hard

gently caress yesssssss it does :thumbsup:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

So basically, I'm not allowed to post here without ridicule because the circlejerk forums cred posters or whatever have decided i'm to be belittled at every turn for having an avatar that features an officially drawn sprite of tails that has a butthole. That couldn't be the comedic value of having it as an avatar, nah better just call that poster a fag because the other try hards are doing it. If I had made this exact thread I'd have been called a fag and it would be gassed immediately, because I'm not part of the cool kids club.

Good to know that this forum has been turned into an exclusionary "in" group.

Go gently caress yourself, shithead.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Cyra posted:

So basically, I'm not allowed to post here without ridicule because the circlejerk forums cred posters or whatever have decided i'm to be belittled at every turn for having an avatar that features an officially drawn sprite of tails that has a butthole. That couldn't be the comedic value of having it as an avatar, nah better just call that poster a fag because the other try hards are doing it. If I had made this exact thread I'd have been called a fag and it would be gassed immediately, because I'm not part of the cool kids club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9iJr1eBBNo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cyra posted:

:geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cyra posted:

Welcome to imp zone. You seem to be struggling.

• Locked thread