Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

and i say hey, hey
what a wonderful noided day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

https://soundcloud.com/doomguy13/kendrick-lamar-x-death-grips-dont-need-your-swimming-pools-pop

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Badass mashup.

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform
provided Jenny does come out, the only way I'm going to be happy with it is if it is either their absolute best album, or their absolute worst.

hell, I'd honestly be satisfied (and laugh really hard) if it was nothing but a super straightforward trap rap album.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcDLKD5Gzk

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Is NOTM really growing on any of you too?

I listened to it when it came out and thought 'this seems really good but it might take a while for it to click' and it clicked.

It's great.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

haha nobody cares about death grips any more

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

Jew Macklemore posted:

I listened to it when it came out and thought 'this seems really good but it might take a while for it to click' and it clicked.

It's great.

Yeah, I warmed up to NOTM after awhile. I didn't grow to love it as much as Government Plates but Say Hey Kid is one of my fave Death Grips tunes.

haha wut

Neonman
Aug 17, 2009

Jew Macklemore posted:

It's great.

Nope, I thought it was their best album as soon as it came out. I think it has the best rap(p)ing from Ride, the best (electronic) drumming from Hill and some drat fine instrumentals fro Flatlander (though he's always impressive).

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

Jew Macklemore posted:

It's great.

loved it from day one, black quarterback is among their best.

also government plates vinyl in 2 months get excited

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

Malaria Playboy posted:

loved it from day one, black quarterback is among their best.

also government plates vinyl in 2 months get excited

Any source on this? Only one I could find was a preorder on a random German site that got taken down.

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

Jonny posted:

Any source on this? Only one I could find was a preorder on a random German site that got taken down.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2014/09/record-store-day-black-friday-bfrsd.html?m=1
only source at the moment, but I'm getting preemptively excited

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
five mins ago, dg Facebook updates saying they have a new double album coming out

I can't get to thirdworlds so I have no idea on any more info

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 10, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well it's the second half to the double album that Niggas On The Moon is part of. And yeah, thidworlds looks like it's down.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Who ready for midnight! :getin:

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

gettem

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yarp, i want it i need it need it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

havin' a happy cum

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform
http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7565

quote:

This is the exclusive vinyl release of the digital mixtape from January 2014. Packaged with a replica of the stamped California license plate featured on the cover.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GCn1BKkxg

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Oh poo poo I'm feeling it.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
death grips kinda gives me panic attacks is this the intended effect?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Literal Carehaver posted:

death grips kinda gives me panic attacks is this the intended effect?
Yes. If you aren't having panic attacks, you aren't listening to enough Death Grips.

New single owns, as expected. Can't wait to blast this album in my car.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I WANT TO BELIEVE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If they really just gave NIN and Sound garden the finger last summer then :lol:

I love you deathgrips

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

echronorian posted:

I love you deathgrips

they also gave the finger to the festival I went to that they were supposed to play at. :(

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

echronorian posted:

I love you deathgrips

Don't forget giving Harvest Records the finger too.

I figured this is what happened. Breaking up would be the easiest way to get out of their contracts

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

echronorian posted:

I love you deathgrips

Anything that pisses off Trent Reznor is cool in my books.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

echronorian posted:

I love you deathgrips

Yeah skipping tours that people paid good money for with two weeks' notice is hilarious, as is not showing up to festivals you were booked for.

I like DG's music a lot, but if you think any of their stunts are actually funny or edgy you're a manchild.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah skipping tours that people paid good money for with two weeks' notice is hilarious

Actually, your money's no good here, dude.

Innerchild
Dec 7, 2014
Man if this is the sound DG are going with for JD. I AM FEELIN' IT!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
MC Ride grew his hair out and it unnerves me greatly

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah skipping tours that people paid good money for with two weeks' notice is hilarious, as is not showing up to festivals you were booked for.

I like DG's music a lot, but if you think any of their stunts are actually funny or edgy you're a manchild.

Maybe you should get some more money at... the money store?

Don We Now
Apr 18, 2005

For those of you who don't habla espanola, "El Poptart" is Spanish for.... The Poptart.

second-hand smegma posted:

Actually, your money's no good here, dude.

i'm so northern california i call scratch bammer

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

I'm sorry for you and I know you're upset but we are talking about the band that signed to a record label before leaking their own album, and then gave a "concert" that consisted of a suicide note and a toy drumset.

It's like, have you ever heard that story about the scorpion and the frog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm not upset about it, although I certainly would've preferred seeing DG to Oneohtrix Point Never (why on Earth would you pick an ambient artist to open a rock concert at an amphitheater?). If I had lived on the East Coast it actually would've been a better show because they got The Dillinger Escape Plan as an opener. I just think that they're tremendous douchebags, and providing more examples of them being douchebags doesn't really help whatever point you're trying to make.

• Locked thread