Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Some large artists I feel are underrepresented in RB+Customs are Prince, Arctic Monkeys, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Blur, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Postal Service (though uh, synth on guitars I guess?), The Shins, Neil Young, Nick Cave, Dire Straits, Arcade Fire, Scorpions, Garbage, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Kinks, ZZ Top, Van Morrison, Jeff Buckley, Iggy Pop/The Stooges, Eagles of Death Metal, Sonic Youth, and probably more I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't even like all of em, but they're all huge artists.

Also Bowie, because I want all the Bowie.

And Screaming Females, because they'd be fun as poo poo to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Thanks for the reminder Kaboobi, this game called Rock Band has a criminally low song count for ZZ Top.

I'd be onboard for some Minibosses too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kaboobi posted:

Some large artists I feel are underrepresented in RB+Customs are Prince, Arctic Monkeys, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Blur, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Postal Service (though uh, synth on guitars I guess?), The Shins, Neil Young, Nick Cave, Dire Straits, Arcade Fire, Scorpions, Garbage, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Kinks, ZZ Top, Van Morrison, Jeff Buckley, Iggy Pop/The Stooges, Eagles of Death Metal, Sonic Youth, and probably more I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't even like all of em, but they're all huge artists.

Also Bowie, because I want all the Bowie.

And Screaming Females, because they'd be fun as poo poo to play.

Now that we are doing underrepresented lists, I agree with all of the above. Also, more Depeche Mode, The Smiths, and I forgot earlier to mention Bjork!

And never enough Bowie, so I'll mention it again.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Just spitballing here (i've tried to keep up with posts and the list, sorry for any dupes)

Elvis - I know he's on the list you linked, but he's fun
Bone Thugs and Harmony - Tha Crossroads - We've got Snoop Dogg, but I don't recall seeing many other rap songs. Maybe instruments are too boring?
Billy Squire - Hear and Now - Childhood Favorite
Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust - Another Favorite
Michael Jackson - There are a few available now and one or two on the list, but I still like his older music

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I would also like to add that the Barenaked Ladies are criminally under-represented.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

ixnay posted:

the Aquabats.

This and more third wave ska; The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Operation Ivy and Streetlight Manifesto.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

While they certainly aren't as underrepresented as a lot of the artists being named, Queens of the Stone Age's Songs for the Deaf is probably my most wanted album that we haven't gotten yet. Hell, even just a few more songs than the two on-disc tracks we got would be great.

I could definitely go for some more Elton John tracks as well.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody has mentioned They Might Be Giants yet?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody has mentioned Radiohead or Muse, either. I'd also like to see more Tool and a the complete Alchemy Live album by Dire Straits.

Though if I ever do get around to learning how to author songs, I'd probably go through and fix the Metallica stuff that's already released, a lot of it was done by GHtoRB3 before C3 was created and they have tons of audio problems that drive me nuts.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
More Kinks. Please please please Father Christmas

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Nobody has mentioned They Might Be Giants yet?

This is on my personal C3 bucket list. Tons of low hanging fruit for a 3- or 4-pack.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'd probably go through and fix the Metallica stuff that's already released, a lot of it was done by GHtoRB3 before C3 was created and they have tons of audio problems that drive me nuts.

espher and I have talked about this. We'd like to do a full vocals sweep of every GHtoRB3 release, at the very least, because their phrasing/etc. was abysmal, but we just don't have the time or manpower.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
My votes go to Elton John and Pink Floyd. I would really love to see more tunes by both and I think they'd be very popular. I think there's also room for a lot more of The Cure.

Albums I would love to death that I know would probably never be charted, but will make me feel better to post anyway: Florence + The Machine -- Ceremonials (lack of guitar makes this a nonstarter), Neko Case -- Middle Cyclone (having just the one song makes me realize all of what I'm missing :( ), and Death Cab For Cutie -- Plans (not as ridiculous as the first two but probably still won't happen).

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

farottone posted:

Surprised nobody mentioned Elvis Presley: with Prince he is the only huge male artist I can think of that didn't make it either through DLC, RBN or C3 at all.

Well, there is one Elvis custom out there I've had for a while. It's from a C3 author, although checking the database it seems this was pre-C3 release. But definitely not the one I asked him to do when I suggested Elvis.

So if I can play this game:

Elvis
Pink Floyd
Elton John, i'm particularly interested in all the Disney hits

and I know at least one person will back me up on this:
the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack. to which I can provide beautiful 7.1 master audio FLACs ripped from the special edition Blu-Ray by yours truly. Useless for a release, but very nice for charting, and also, sounds amazing.

If only I could figure out this REAPER thing... :-p

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

the complete Alchemy Live album by Dire Straits.

Love Over Gold too. I saw some non-C3 custom for Brothers in Arms and got massively disappointed when it was just the guitar track.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I would like some Icehouse but I'm not sure they were ever big enough in the US.

Pat Benatar could use a few more tracks.

If I was a billionaire playboy I would hire someone to chart the entirety of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds.

Random Singles:
Rockaria!
Rush
The Seeker (think there might be a GH3 rip of this?)
Heart Full of Black
A non-cover version of My Sharona
Underneath the Radar

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

~Coxy posted:

A non-cover version of My Sharona

My Sharona is actually one of my favorite Wavegroup covers in RB.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

pksage posted:

My Sharona is actually one of my favorite Wavegroup covers in RB.
This is clearly the best music game cover of My Sharona.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
pksage:

For the archive of your how-to stream, is it just twitch and your username?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Well, you guys already got me Flagpole Sitta for Christmas last year, but sure, I can list a few more. :shobon:

Seconding Tool and/or A Perfect Circle, even though I'd be the only one in my group who actually cares. poo poo, APC might even be easier to chart.

Also seconding Deftones, even if just for "Passenger".

They've been playing a lot of Queens of the Stone Age's "I Sat By the Ocean", and it seems like vocals would be fun on that.

...I am a cheerful lady.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

~Coxy posted:

If I was a billionaire playboy I would hire someone to chart the entirety of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would kill for this.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Just put this on shuffle.

Or this.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I know Doolittle was one of the first full albums, but I was always bummed that we never got more Pixies. Even with customs there's still only one song off of Surfer Rosa.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Just a reminder that there are drum charts for several Pink Floyd albums that could totally be used as a base for full customs and that'd be totally awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEbu5en9WBo

You know, just sayin'.

Dr Zaius fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 10, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fistful of Silence posted:

This is clearly the best music game cover of My Sharona.

Fully expected a Rock Revolution cover (although that song was never actually released for that game). Pleasantly surprised.

Iris of Ether posted:

:respek:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

TrojanNemo posted:

Disney hits

I never considered this. Now I want this, lack of instruments be damned

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

Well, you guys already got me Flagpole Sitta for Christmas last year, but sure, I can list a few more. :shobon:

Seconding Tool and/or A Perfect Circle, even though I'd be the only one in my group who actually cares. poo poo, APC might even be easier to chart.

They've been playing a lot of Queens of the Stone Age's "I Sat By the Ocean", and it seems like vocals would be fun on that.

...I am a cheerful lady.

I am seconding this entire post. (But I would add Era Vulgarus and ...Like Clockwork album DLCs too.)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am frowning so hard at the bounty list listing "ROCK in the USA" as a Bruce Springsteen song.

Thoughts on "missing" artists in a minute, but The Replacements need way more love than just "Alex Chilton." I just did "I Will Dare" at Karaoke Underground last weekend and it slayed.

Mexican Sandwich
Jan 1, 2013
The Aquabats. 1000x The Aquabats. They were in RBN (sort of) with "This Gigantic Robot Kills", and I would pay good money for Aquabats Rock Band. I was tempted to make an Aquabats Pack for CCC, but then I lost steam on the Rock Band Authoring thing.

You have the ska-drenched early years, the new wave heavy late 90's-2000's era, Charge!!!'s punk, and the scattershot of awesome that is their current era.

Also, a lot of Suburban Legend's stuff off of Day Job would work to.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If we're talking third-wave ska, I would be all over Awesome Mix Tape #6 by The Pietasters.

If we're talking second-wave/two-tone, The English Beat are a must.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

couldcareless posted:

I never considered this. Now I want this, lack of instruments be damned

Even though I primarily play pro drums and regular keys, I definitely choose songs by the vocals. You will find me singing anything and everything, often to the embarrassment of my family members. I don't care. So Disney songs would be great in my opinion. That's why I collaborated to make Let It Go possible. Hell, I was at the Disney store today with my sister and they were playing the entire Frozen soundtrack...needless to say, my sister was embarrassed.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Frank Zappa's Over-Nite Sensation full album if just for the guitar solos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2EfGJ4zi5A

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
90s Stuff: Fuel, Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows, Blues Traveler, Melissa Ethridge, Tonic, More Matchbox Twenty

Some Styx stuff that isn't re-records. More Journey and Kansas (always). Another vote for more Outlaws (Hurry Sundown, Ghost Riders in the Sky).

More Muse would be fun, too, but I've played enough of that on Rocksmith that I don't feel the lack of Muse so greatly. Anything else off of Silvertide's album Show and Tell. More Seether. More Decemberists. The Shins. More Silversun Pickups (The Royal We). More 3 Doors Down.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I am late-night marathon-authoring the poo poo out of a 6-pack for this Friday, despite it having been on the schedule for months. I am a huge procrastinator, but this pack is an artist mentioned in the last page or two, and I hope you all enjoy it.

help all i can see is colored squares :pcgaming: :catdrugs: :pcgaming:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

pksage posted:

help all i can see is colored squares :pcgaming: :catdrugs: :pcgaming:

Pet Shop Boys confirmed.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Nobody ever wanted any of those Pearl Jam live tracks from the abandoned live RB project? :(

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover.

Blows my mind it's never been done before (especially since the huge Genesis project), and that it wasn't in RB3.

Its got keys, harmonies and a guitar solo! And it's a song everyone knows!

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZbFh7qlCQ
I'd pay $5,000,000 for a full album release of Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

Also Fastball

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

DaWolfey posted:

Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover.

Blows my mind it's never been done before (especially since the huge Genesis project), and that it wasn't in RB3.

Its got keys, harmonies and a guitar solo! And it's a song everyone knows!

I'm a big Phil Collins fan but once you listen to his live stuff, the studio stuff doesn't cut it. And MIDIs for the live stuff are very hard to come. So, that's why I personally haven't worked on it.

werewerewolf
Mar 22, 2001

SuperHappy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZbFh7qlCQ
I'd pay $5,000,000 for a full album release of Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

Good lord, seconding this. Such a great mix of songs on FFB&B, maybe the best "album to drink to" ever made.

Also some Ray Wylie Hubbard for the guitar-and-vocals-only players out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O0egnTDkD0

EDIT: Also there can always be more Johnny Cash and more The Band?

werewerewolf fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How about some Sisters of Mercy?

... I'm actually looking for midis, that's how I got the idea. Just idly looking, seeing what I can find and how easy this whole authoring thing looks with one open in an editor, in a totally noncommittal way. Joy Division seems like it would take only a minimal effort.

e: another one: The Animals. Preferrably not only House of the Rising Sun.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 11, 2014

• Locked thread