Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

I need a Frogger so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Ziploc posted:

Am I the only one who likes catchup turned on?

What is this some sorta condiment fetish?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Ziploc posted:

Am I the only one who likes catchup turned on?

I don't play for srs bsnss stats. I'm here to have a good time. Catchup means it's a bit more of a crapshoot. But it's a funner, evener crapshoot. With more tailgaiting, less people being completely out of it, etc

I love being in a big messy pack. Hitting trees. Traffic. Fences. And best of all. Each other. As a big warm fuzzy group.

you are bad and wrong

BitBasher posted:

I don't disagree. I like catchup and drafting on but I'm good with racing either way.

i don't even know you anymore

Nintendo Kid posted:

I always prefer catchup being on. Especially when I decide to use my Voltic in a super race with lots of crashing going on.

not surprised here

exactly

so i'm visiting my mom and hooked up the ps3 to the crt :negative:
couldn't discern white dots from friends, radar useless, most text illegible

hope to see you in HD tomorrow oats :)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I think I would care less about terrible pubby racing if I wasn't still grinding race wins for part unlocks - building a good lead only to get hosed by catch up and then PIT'ed going in to the last few corners is rage inducing.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to spend 30 mins - 1 hour trading 1 lap Super Car race wins on Criminal Records later tonight or tomorrow evening (GMT) hit me up on PSN: Zip_UK

Apparently wins in Super class count for all the categories so you can unlock everything pretty quickly.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hugh Malone posted:

i don't even know you anymore

Hah! When I started taking race invites from you I even mentioned it a few times. I had never raced in non contact mode before I raced with you. I just let it go though. Adapt, I Ching, Roll with it. Both race modes are definitely skills, but very different skills. Hell, the ability to consistently thread through a 16 man starting clusterfuck intact is a unique skill all it's own!

Zip! posted:

Apparently wins in Super class count for all the categories so you can unlock everything pretty quickly.

Wins in anything with powered wheels all count in all the categories with things that use powered wheels.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Really? I thought the others were class based (Racing Muscle only unlocks Muscle unlocks for example) because when you go to LS Customs it says you need X more wins in this class to unlock X upgrade.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

verbal enema posted:

I need a Frogger so bad

Don't buy anything that spawns in-world regularly except the buzzard. And although you can't buy it, even the cargobob spawns pretty regularly at the Merriweather docks.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zip! posted:

Really? I thought the others were class based (Racing Muscle only unlocks Muscle unlocks for example) because when you go to LS Customs it says you need X more wins in this class to unlock X upgrade.
That's Rockstar being ambiguous - class means "land race" eg., not muscle, sports etc.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I did not know that - every day is a school day!

In any case, if anyone wants to quickly smash through the race wins with me tonight, or wouldn't mind afking whlilst I do mine add me on PSN: Zip_UK

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

orcane posted:

That's Rockstar being ambiguous - class means "land race" eg., not muscle, sports etc.

gently caress.

Is there an IRC channel or something I can join to ask a bunch of other dumb questions?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

NOTinuyasha posted:

gently caress.

Is there an IRC channel or something I can join to ask a bunch of other dumb questions?

There was / is this: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23gta5goons&server=irc.synirc.net but I don't think it saw much use. I would just ask here, others may have the same question or can more easily answer.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

so i'm visiting my mom and hooked up the ps3 to the crt :negative:
couldn't discern white dots from friends, radar useless, most text illegible

hope to see you in HD tomorrow oats :)

Did you make sure the display type / color output was set correctly on the console?

My PS3 looks pretty good on my CRT, but I have a 2003 hi-res flatscreen Trinitron with component input.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah uh, GTA Online really doesn't like being on a plain old standard def set.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

Did you make sure the display type / color output was set correctly on the console?

My PS3 looks pretty good on my CRT, but I have a 2003 hi-res flatscreen Trinitron with component input.

Haha yeah this was no. Basic TV, late 90's maybe, regular rca inputs. Tried different settings, also messed with the TV picture, might have missed something.

Yours is probably 720, no?

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah uh, GTA Online really doesn't like being on a plain old standard def set.

Nope. No sir haha

Netflix looked good though, I mainly brought it to show my mom Lilyhammer so that was cool.

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 11, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'm on ps3 (on my TV) for the evening if anybody wants to hang

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

Haha yeah this was no. Basic TV, late 90's maybe, regular rca inputs. Tried different settings, also messed with the TV picture, might have missed something.

Yours is probably 720, no?

I'm not actually sure. It was a repo that was being used as a floor model. It wasn't advertised as being HD. I found out after getting it home that the display was faintly warped in the upper-left corner and that it showed faint, constant, horizontal white lines while using my PS2. After finding out that they wouldn't replace it or pay for an in-home technician because it was technically used, I kind of didn't pay attention to it for the next 10 years.

I know that having my PS3 hooked up through component made the text readable, but I didn't bother to test the different settings to see if it would display at 720. I'd check but I think someone is borrowing my multicable.

titties fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 11, 2014

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Anyone on PS4 right now? I'm about to get on for some general fuckery and hopefully some missions.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
You know what's goddamned terrifying? Going to the middle of the Alamo sea and diving underwater. You can't see poo poo and it's pitch black at the bottom.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

You know what's goddamned terrifying? Going to the middle of the Alamo sea and diving underwater. You can't see poo poo and it's pitch black at the bottom.

One of my favorite activities is jumping out of an airplane from as high up as possible over the Alamo Sea, cutting off your chutes, and free falling into the deepest part of the sea. And surviving. I once set a timer while I was falling and it lasted a full minute before I hit the water.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Huh, why is it when I've jumped from high poo poo I've died every time I hit the water...?

Also I'm like $80k away from buying a Dodo float plane should I do it y/n/ddc ?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Duke Chin posted:

Huh, why is it when I've jumped from high poo poo I've died every time I hit the water...?

I bought it, it's a zippy, very manoeuvrable little thing with which you can carry 3 passengers--two of whom are on the side pontoons I believe. (Not sure, haven't tried that yet)

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
I bought a dodo as well, I don't regret it at all. Though I haven't found any missions or anything that it would be useful for. It flies fine, lands surprisingly easy on water. Even choppy seas far out. If you don't have a buzzard, I would save up and get that first.

I wish that the dodo would spawn at boat spawn points when you call Pegasus, instead of plane spawns. Then it would have a little more use in missions I think.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Duke Chin posted:

The Dodo is poo poo. It's slow, not manoeuvrable really at all compared to the infinitely superior mallard, the way pegasus spawns work getting it in world at all is a incredible pain in the goddamn rear end and it's really not all that useful anyways? For example, to land on the ground you extend the wheels simple enough. From ground to water you just drive on in and the wheels retract and boom you're on the water because that's cool. Other way around? Nope. The wheels can't extend from the pontoons if you're on the ground without them. What that means is you can barely move maybe if you're on a hill you can slide a bit down it. If you're lucky you can just barely rock the plane and maybe just maybe extend them and you're golden. You can carry 4 people with 2 in the cab including yourself and 2 on the pontoons. That sounds cool but the people on the pontoons can't hold on. If you turn basically at all so the plane is not level they fall off. While I think that's really really funny to do, it makes the plane hard to be useful in any situation at all since it is so low powered you can't take off easily from anywhere.

It's $500,000 holy poo poo

Friends don't let friends buy the Dodo.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Crew member Crazysim introduced me last night to one of the coolest ways to blow poo poo up I've ever seen. You'd have to ask him more about it for how it works but I can tell you it works well... take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlFa5P9euA

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Prokhor posted:

Crew member Crazysim introduced me last night to one of the coolest ways to blow poo poo up I've ever seen. You'd have to ask him more about it for how it works but I can tell you it works well... take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlFa5P9euA

I actually got the idea from a reddit post which I can't find anymore. I did find a similar post here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2jqas4/onlineis_it_possible_to_get_a_cargobob_and_pick/

It's interesting to see that you still get charged for bad sport. Hmm.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
A flying tank really is the best thing in the world, I can't believe you people haven't been doing it for longer. I was taking part in those antics around a month post release.

The best thing is where the angle appears to be a perfect shot but you instead shoot the underside of the Cargobob killing the pilot and allowing yourself to gracefully spin and plummet to the ground. I think it was Matazar who did this to me and then ended up getting his tank stuck in a tree.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

A flying tank really is the best thing in the world, I can't believe you people haven't been doing it for longer. I was taking part in those antics around a month post release.

The best thing is where the angle appears to be a perfect shot but you instead shoot the underside of the Cargobob killing the pilot and allowing yourself to gracefully spin and plummet to the ground. I think it was Matazar who did this to me and then ended up getting his tank stuck in a tree.

That's the best part! With the new passive mode you can't clip with the cargobob or damage it! Neither can any hostile players! You can see at some points where the tank rocks through the cargobob and even shoots through it. It's great.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

The only cool thing about the Dodo is anyone on the pontoons falls off when you roll more than 30 degrees, and really that's only cool for the novelty factor.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
When I get a PS4 the Dodo is literally the only vehicle I'm going to drive.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
That is pretty awesome, with the flying tank, and abusing passive mode.

I wonder if R* will change passive mode in the future.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Scyron posted:

That is pretty awesome, with the flying tank, and abusing passive mode.

I wonder if R* will change passive mode in the future.

I don't see them doing it, their response to cheating in general is pretty passive(send them to the cheater server).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish they'd add a personal vehicle selection menu to the job lobbies. Sometimes I just want to tool around in whatever but then you get a job where you know you're going to need to haul rear end and I regret not just being in my Entity all the time

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I'm a returning player, and I noticed the perks they were offering us. Where do I get them?

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

Bobtista posted:

I wish they'd add a personal vehicle selection menu to the job lobbies. Sometimes I just want to tool around in whatever but then you get a job where you know you're going to need to haul rear end and I regret not just being in my Entity all the time

Agreed. It should be right there under weapon selection. Too often I get that simeon mission where you have to chase down the jackal and coquette and I spawn on the other side of the map with my slow joke car. And of course you can't call in a different car if you are too close to your other car. Seems like that is the only time I spawn near my car at all.

Or you will get rooftop rumble and if your car isn't fast enough some terrible shot(moron) will have blown up the documents before you can even get there.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I'm a returning player, and I noticed the perks they were offering us. Where do I get them?

Ammunation and the websites. You can get the CE (hammer, Hot Knife, etc.) content from the original release.

I can't speak to single player, it's broken for me and therefore dead to me.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

So I made my online character and played for like 3 hours on my PS3 pretty much when the game first came out. I didn't play online again until I got my PS4 and transferred my character, and on PS4 I don't have the special holiday weapons or whatever that I had access to in single player on my PS3. I know some people had them transfer over from their online characters but I guess since I never logged in to online on my PS3 after the first couple days, I don't have them or something. Is it even worth opening a ticket or should I just wait until next independence day or whatever?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

im pooping! posted:

So I made my online character and played for like 3 hours on my PS3 pretty much when the game first came out. I didn't play online again until I got my PS4 and transferred my character, and on PS4 I don't have the special holiday weapons or whatever that I had access to in single player on my PS3. I know some people had them transfer over from their online characters but I guess since I never logged in to online on my PS3 after the first couple days, I don't have them or something. Is it even worth opening a ticket or should I just wait until next independence day or whatever?

If you definitely had them on your multiplayer character before transferring and can't get them in multiplayer now, then open a ticket with them.

If it's just singleplayer where you don't have them, that's to be expected because on current gen all the DLC stuff now unlocks throughout the story like the stock weapons do, so you don't get given everything right off the bat (and can't get the holiday weapons in singleplayer at all until said holiday, but we haven't hit one of those yet so I'm not too sure)

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

I'm so sorry Granger98694 that I had to find out this way... to find out that I'm garbage :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LQM6L1Nbzs

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Sorry to my LLJK friends, the game got stuttery so I bailed.

Fun as always! No idea what happened with chat - I missed hearing SyntheticSoul's commentary. :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/YfLlN3hgrE2-LLElqzEKZg

GTA mode, traffic, cops, rocket pickups, a hoot. I'll change into to onto next time I get on.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 12, 2014

• Locked thread