Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So I left a Chaos Card in a completed room in Womb I, and when I came back later it had turned into a Range Down pill? I didn't pick up or activate anything(to my knowledge) that would reroll items, is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Johnny Truant posted:

So I left a Chaos Card in a completed room in Womb I, and when I came back later it had turned into a Range Down pill? I didn't pick up or activate anything(to my knowledge) that would reroll items, is this normal?

Only two things I can think of that would have caused this. One is the little bag of pills which turns all cards and runes into pills, but you were in Womb I so unless you got a black market and picked that up its unlikely. The other is walking over the floor of one of the dice rooms but that would probably be obviously what caused it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Assuming you were fast enough, could you use Forget Me Not to get four items from the boss rush?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

gently caress you too game. :bang:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I was working on finishing the dark room with Maggy. I got really mad when I found out that Judas's shadow changes who get credit for beating the dark room, but on the next Maggy run I got Proptosis, Magic Mushroon, the skinny Odd Mushroom along with some damage ups. In the Dark Room, I got Polyphemus and from there was able to easily get my revenge.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Libra makes Ipecac kinda silly.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
loving Family Man is such a stupid challenge.

In fact a lot of the odds-and-ends challenges(Family Man, Cat..., Solar System, Head Trauma) are more about overcoming tedium than adding actual difficulty. Cursed at least means you need to plan routes and play safe. Tank requires a certain adapting of playstyle.

But Family Man(which hides the final challenge)? gently caress it. Unless you get good familiar drops from bosses/devil deals - it's just an exercise in frustration.

Also a fair warning about it: You can *seriously* gently caress yourself up if in Family Man(and maybe in general) if you:
1. Have a bunch of familiars.
2. Pick up Isaac's Head
3. Pick up more familiars
4. Drop/Swap Isaac's Head

It causes loss and reshuffling of familiars.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Cuntpunch posted:

loving Family Man is such a stupid challenge.

In fact a lot of the odds-and-ends challenges(Family Man, Cat..., Solar System, Head Trauma) are more about overcoming tedium than adding actual difficulty. Cursed at least means you need to plan routes and play safe. Tank requires a certain adapting of playstyle.

But Family Man(which hides the final challenge)? gently caress it. Unless you get good familiar drops from bosses/devil deals - it's just an exercise in frustration.

Also a fair warning about it: You can *seriously* gently caress yourself up if in Family Man(and maybe in general) if you:
1. Have a bunch of familiars.
2. Pick up Isaac's Head
3. Pick up more familiars
4. Drop/Swap Isaac's Head

It causes loss and reshuffling of familiars.

I was really mad when I found out that Mom's Knife did absolutely nothing in the Family Man challenge. I would have guessed it would have at least given me a knife that I could wave around like the sacrificial dagger.

Especially since I picked it up over Dark Bum.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I found a really cool Tammy's Head synergy: Anti-Gravity, Wub Wub, and Lump of Coal. You use Tammy's Head and a stationary Clump of Tears grows larger and larger until you release them or they release themselves and spread out in a huge swath of destruction.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
progress on my current The Lost run:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
:O

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Got Brimstone + Tammy's Head for the first time, proceeded to get every no hit achievement for the rest of the run.

Picked up QuadShot too :getin:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
loving finally

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
How in the motherfuck are you supposed to beat Family Man?! I barely limped past It Lives, and got to Isaac with two hearts, which were eventually whittled down by random death beams during the second form. It would have been fine if it ended at the heart, but I'm not looking forward to plinking away at Isaac for three minutes again.

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: Bob's Brain is the worst item in Rebirth

Which is hilarious because after ruining one Number One run by picking it up without knowing what it did, I managed to get it to drop six consecutive runs. And one particular run it tried to give it to me twice. It still drops almost every other run. Though I did recently have Common Cold drop, which led to 'OH MOTHEERFUCKER-oh hey that's new :)'.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Blank Card is so much fun.

And... What an amazing haul.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

omeg posted:

Blank Card is so much fun.

And... What an amazing haul.

Gonna assume that Crickets head doesn't stack. If it did though? You'd have all of the damage.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Testekill posted:

Gonna assume that Crickets head doesn't stack. If it did though? You'd have all of the damage.

It didn't seem to stack sadly.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: Bob's Brain is the worst item in Rebirth

That's a funny way to spell Soy Milk. Bob's Brain is the savior of bad runs.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I love getting the D100 far too much. It's yet to gently caress me over and it's so fun just randomising my items and trying to adapt on the fly.

dis astranagant posted:

That's a funny way to spell Soy Milk. Bob's Brain is the savior of bad runs.

Yeah, my opinion on Bob's Brain has come around. With pyromaniac you have nothing to fear and if you have high enough range then you should never really be getting into a situation where you're exploding yourself.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bob's Brain is bad. It's not Soy Milk bad though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Holy crap picking up Ipecac after you pick up Dr Fetus makes you shoot Bob's Rotten Heads. :stare:

edit: And they explode on contact now too :stonk:

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Holy crap picking up Ipecac after you pick up Dr Fetus makes you shoot Bob's Rotten Heads. :stare:

edit: And they explode on contact now too :stonk:

And the contact doesn't hurt you, at least from my expierience with it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Testekill posted:

I love getting the D100 far too much. It's yet to gently caress me over and it's so fun just randomising my items and trying to adapt on the fly.

Yeah, my opinion on Bob's Brain has come around. With pyromaniac you have nothing to fear and if you have high enough range then you should never really be getting into a situation where you're exploding yourself.

You are either very lucky or havent abused it too much then. It can make you an unstoppable machine of death or give you the worst possible loadout possible. I tend to get greedy/curious about what my next build will be with it and end up with something horrible that cant kill poo poo or outright kills me, or I run through every item and it resets me to base stats. Last time I had it I had 4 giant Ludovico scythes and I still rerolled like a fool.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Soy milk, as annoying as it is, is actually a boost to your dps so long as you don't have the fastest normal tears stat or a delay of more than 4 seconds (which generally requires stacking really slow attacks like charges and Polyphemus). Notably, it'll nearly triple your dps if you have only one of Polyphemus, Inner Eye, Mutant Spider, Dr. Fetus and Sacred Heart with 3 normal tears up items (including pills). You can't use Eve's Mascara with them for this to work, but it won't hit the sweet spot without something like Death's Scythe lowering your tears slightly, though you'll still double your dps.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Well thank you, Eve run, that started me out with Kamikaze and then gave me Pyromaniac on Cellar 2.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Soy milk, as annoying as it is, is actually a boost to your dps so long as you don't have the fastest normal tears stat or a delay of more than 4 seconds (which generally requires stacking really slow attacks like charges and Polyphemus). Notably, it'll nearly triple your dps if you have only one of Polyphemus, Inner Eye, Mutant Spider, Dr. Fetus and Sacred Heart with 3 normal tears up items (including pills). You can't use Eve's Mascara with them for this to work, but it won't hit the sweet spot without something like Death's Scythe lowering your tears slightly, though you'll still double your dps.
Do you know a seed that gives Soy Milk on the first floor (either naturally or through rerolls)?

similarly:

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone have a seed with an early Libra/Soy Milk? I want to try it out but when both items are absolute rear end without the other ehhhhh

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xenogenesis posted:

Do you know a seed that gives Soy Milk on the first floor (either naturally or through rerolls)?

similarly:

The wiki is crawling with them.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Another perfectly good run ruined by the loving womb worms.

RIP Eve w/ brimstone

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

The wiki is crawling with them.

Oooooh, I've been exclusively using Platinum God for Isaac info. Thanks!

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

So, what are people's guesses on the DLC's "new game mode that will almost double the amount of things you can do"?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Iny posted:

So, what are people's guesses on the DLC's "new game mode that will almost double the amount of things you can do"?

inverted castle

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Iny posted:

A new character called The Shlost that dies in one hit and starts with no items. If you beat everything on hard mode with him you unlock a picture of Edmund pooping on your game's install folder.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a binding of isaac dota clone, probably

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
50 restarts and I finally get quad shot with Azazel yesssss

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

gently caress you gently caress you

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, first time I beat Isaac, I was using ??? and I had soy milk. I quite enjoy it. I can't really remember the rest of my load-out but it was nothing too crazy.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

150~ attempts at the Lost and I've yet to go into a curse room and come out with the dead cat. Most of the time it's spiders or a chest surrounded by fire, and occasionally I'll get both the paw and head, but no 9 lives. Holy mantle is nowhere to be found.

My best run so far was with Bob's Brain and the friendly bomb fly, but I still died in caves 2.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

CJacobs posted:

A new character called The Shlost that dies in one hit and starts with no items. If you beat everything on hard mode with him you unlock a picture of Edmund pooping on your game's install folder.

A new character called Job that dies in one hit and starts with magnetic tears and body

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I want so see a character called Jesus who looks like Buddy Jesus from Dogma. He has no hit points but just goes around converting everybody. Including Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LaughMyselfTo posted:

A new character called Job that dies in one hit and starts with magnetic tears and body

joking aside, this but starting with 1 heart container and 3 soul hearts would be a pretty interesting character i think