Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

raditts posted:

You may notice that Teen Titans Go is not exactly huge on continuity, considering some or all of the team has died in multiple episodes.

There is a little bit, mainly in Cyborg and Jinx's relationship, the two Terra episodes, and the Little Buddies sticking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they pretty much do it when they feel like and it works for them and that's it. Even the Cyborg/Jinx stuff only comes up once in a while and is forgotten about the majority of the time.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

raditts posted:

You may notice that Teen Titans Go is not exactly huge on continuity, considering some or all of the team has died in multiple episodes.

You didn't hear me complain about the Robin that's not even canon.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The real continuity question is did they actually eat Batman?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The dream Starfire has where everyone turns into a cat is the actual canonical ending of Teen Titans.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm more partial to Beastboy's dream, to be frank.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

axleblaze posted:

The dream Starfire has where everyone turns into a cat is the actual canonical ending of Teen Titans.

I loved that Raven is essentially Grumpy Cat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

johntfs posted:

I loved that Raven is essentially Grumpy Cat.

I love that all the cats had actual cat meows for voices except for Raven who they just had Tara Strong say "meow" in Raven's voice for.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

My canon ending is the one where Silkie turned into a luck dragon.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm like 90% sure Khary Payton is the guy in that Verizon commercial about taking down Christmas decorations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hazo posted:

I'm like 90% sure Khary Payton is the guy in that Verizon commercial about taking down Christmas decorations.

He voices the baby in that one State Farm commercial with the mime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was in the new Call of Duty game and they actually scanned his face in for the character.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Nice troll ending on the new episode.

I've never been able to whistle :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The ending probably got the biggest laugh out of me.

I wasn't able to whistle until I was like 23~25, and my mom only figured it out in the last 4 years so like 48~51. It's really just a matter of sitting down and idly practicing, say while watching tv. Like just mess around with how you have your lips or whatever. It sorta boils down to just tuning your lips, dialing it in, or you could go the slide whistle route :toot:

Also I'm not sure if it's necessarily easier, but at first I was only able to whistle by sucking air in, so maybe try that, I dunno.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I was sweating bullets that they weren't going to cut away or do something to take that kiss away from robin. Thank god they did what they did.

Also, Mrs. Potts was the whistling Grey Beard. :allears:

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Crabtree posted:

I was sweating bullets that they weren't going to cut away or do something to take that kiss away from robin. Thank god they did what they did.

Also, Mrs. Potts was the whistling Grey Beard. :allears:

Really? I mean Robin is pretty much a garbage lad, I thought it felt a bit weird use starfire to reward him with a lady kiss, or at least imply it without implying it was all a fantasy or something.

I can sorta whistle now, still not very well. Used to be basically Robin in the whistling department, with similar levels of saliva projection.

Brightman posted:

The ending probably got the biggest laugh out of me.

I wasn't able to whistle until I was like 23~25, and my mom only figured it out in the last 4 years so like 48~51. It's really just a matter of sitting down and idly practicing, say while watching tv. Like just mess around with how you have your lips or whatever. It sorta boils down to just tuning your lips, dialing it in, or you could go the slide whistle route :toot:

Also I'm not sure if it's necessarily easier, but at first I was only able to whistle by sucking air in, so maybe try that, I dunno.

Haha, same actually. You match my whistling experiences exactly.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I watched this with my kid for the first time a week or so ago and holy crap I don't think I've laughed as hard at a cartoon that I did with the Scary Teri episode. My follow up was Grandma Cyborg.

Cyborg is officially the best.

It can be pretty dark though :stare:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That was a disgusting episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love when they awkwardly 'sing' copyrighted disney songs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

That was a disgusting episode.

Yeah, we were eating dinner at the time. Not a good idea.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, we were eating dinner at the time. Not a good idea.

Man, it wasn't that gross was it? It was mostly just cartoon generic lumpiness, nothing Ren and Stimpy like, or anything which I'd imagine would make food less appetizing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My fav punchline so far is still the "B" shaped tower at the end of Road Trip

"We live here now."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This show continues to just hate the hell out of Robin.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

axleblaze posted:

Robin brings it on himself for creeping on Starfire so hard imo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

axleblaze posted:

Me am not sure. Me think show be pretty nice to Robin.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I finally had the chance to catch up on the last 4 episodes, and man is it good to be back. Glad Crazy Day justified the thread title again.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
And thus a new generation of inflation fetishists was born. :xd:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Parts Kit posted:

It was basically a deviant art comic.

Nevertheless, it's funny how Raven was the only member to have a sixpack.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Parts Kit posted:

I just saw an older one where Cyborg's stupid meatball day cracked Raven's tooth and released some kind of Cthulhuoid into her mouth that caused her to eat other Titans. So, this show has already done Vore. If anything, inflation is tamer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

johntfs posted:

I just saw an older one where Cyborg's stupid meatball day cracked Raven's tooth and released some kind of Cthulhuoid into her mouth that caused her to eat other Titans. So, this show has already done Vore. If anything, inflation is tamer.

Still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Totally Spies in terms of fetish-themed episodes.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Applewhite posted:

Still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Totally Spies in terms of fetish-themed episodes.

Jesus, I forgot that show existed and now I'm remembering some episode where one couldn't stop eating snack cakes because of some drug in them or whatever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Brightman posted:

Jesus, I forgot that show existed and now I'm remembering some episode where one couldn't stop eating snack cakes because of some drug in them or whatever.

Or the one where they all became muscle women, or the one where they got trapped in a machine that wouldn't stop tickling their feet, or

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Applewhite posted:

Or the one where they all became muscle women, or the one where they got trapped in a machine that wouldn't stop tickling their feet, or

Or the one where one of them became a furry.

I understand later seasons didn't do this sort of thing. I don't know if someone caught on, or if they just ran out of fetishes based on things that would seem innocent to people who don't spend much time online.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was that show even about

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The problem with you guys is that you were watching loving Totally Spies in the first place.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Applewhite posted:

I think I might've seen that first one, don't remember the tickling machine thing.

Acquire Currency! posted:

What was that show even about

Valley girls who were spies, sorta like Charlie's Angels though.

raditts posted:

The problem with you guys is that you were watching loving Totally Spies in the first place.

Thinking about it now I can't remember why in the hell I was watching it, maybe it was on between shows I was watching and I was too lazy/apathetic to change the channel. WTF channel was it even on, Cartoon Network?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
CN aired it a loooot in the mid '00s, IIRC. Must've been one of those cartoons that they got on the cheap from Canada, like Johnny Test.

Which begs the question: Why, Canada? What did we do to you? Why do you keep doing this?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Weirdly enough it seemed to be on ABC family first, but it was one of those French/Canadian faux anime styled shows that got shipped to the US and HAD UP TO A 6TH(?!) SEASON produced for roughly similar reasons as Johnny Test is still being made. Except, y'know, the whole other obvious reason everyone's brought up as to why it would apparently attract a regular 1.6 million viewers during the time when Code Lyoko and Miguzi roamed Cartoon Network. "Kids" would rather expose themselves to the dark heart of the internet than subject themselves to Foreheads the TV Series if Toonami wasn't on.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

CN aired it a loooot in the mid '00s, IIRC. Must've been one of those cartoons that they got on the cheap from Canada, like Johnny Test.

Which begs the question: Why, Canada? What did we do to you? Why do you keep doing this?

Which do you think was a worse Canadian cartoon: Atomic Betty or Johnny Test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
98% of Canadian cartoons are bad. Hell if you don't count shows American shows filmed in Canada, 98% of Canadian shows in general are just bad.

• Locked thread