Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

What is this game?

In 1985, Capcom came out with the game Ghosts N' Goblins. The game was a smash hit on several platforms and was hard as balls. It led to many sequels and a few spinoffs. In it you play as a knight named Arthur, on a quest to save a princess kidnapped by demons. Not very complex stuff. However, the games have a very full and creatively built world of demons and monsters and other spooky stuff.

In 1990, one such spinoff came out on the Game Boy starring one of the hardest and most reviled mini-bosses of the series, the Red Arremer (despite the boxart depicting him as GREEN, hence the thread title,) a Gargoyle class demon with wings and flame breath. This is that game, Gargoyle's quest.

The game is very different from the main series, with completely different playstyle and difficulty levels, and a psuedo-rpg element to it. You play as Firebrand, a Red Arremer Gargoyle who previously had saved the Ghoul Realm from an army known as The Destroyers, and their leader Breager. Breager and his troops have returned and laid waste to the Realm, and while working on screwing with Arthur in the Earth Realm Firebrand is again called on to save the day, though he used up all his power vanquishing the Destroyers last time. Now he must go on a quest (oh wait, I just got the title!) to regain his abilities and defeat the Destroyers once more.

In 1992 Capcom made a prequel to the game on the NES wherein the events of Firebrand's previous adventure are detailed (uh, spoiler?). While the NES allowed for larger and more colorful screen resolution, the game wasn't as finished feeling as the tightly controlled Game Boy game. A year later the game was remade within the first game's engine on the Game Boy, with smaller screen resolution but better control, and with the addition of two bonus dungeons (if this LP goes well enough, I might be convinced to do that one in the thread as well). Unfortunately the game was not released in the US, but in the past year a fan translation, basically porting over the NES' text was released. Finally, a third game came out in 1994 for the SNES, Demon's Crest, whose story connections to the previous two is ambiguous at best. It's an excellent game, and I suggest you look at it in the LP archive.

About this LP

Full confession: I'm not very good at video games. However, I love horror and monster business. Because of that, I got this game as a kid when it was new, and just played the everloving hell out of it. Because of that, it actually became one of the few games I can confidently say I'm good at. I've played this game year after year, and at the peak of playing it, I actually came close to the speed run time record for completion. So I can play this with some confidence.

As I have said, this game is interesting because it switches between action platforming and an RPG style overworld. So I will be using a hybrid format of videos for the action levels and screenshots for the overworld and towns.

As far as audience participation goes, I'm open for any and all of it. The game has a very telegraphed and simple story, so I really don't think spoilers matter much. Also, I've done next to know work at learning the behind the scenes for this game, so if anyone wants to pipe in with that sort of information, be my guest. Also, I know very little about the actual Ghosts n' Goblins series. If anyone wants to talk about them though, they are certainly allowed in this thread.

In case you are wondering, any and all sprites I'll be using are shamelessly stolen from the now defunct Firebrand shrine over at http://infinity.awardspace.us. I recommend checking the site out if you're a fan of the franchise.

Updates

Update One
Update Two
Update Three
Update Four
Update Five
Update Six

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

There's a surprising amount of fan art already for this project.

The silliness began in the sandbox when BMS made this beauty that's become a crucial part of the LP:

Then, following my posting of this ad:

He gave us this soon-to-be smilie:

and this for a different thread:

Feyebrand gives us this peek at the final boss of the game. Uh, spoilers I guess.

And finally So far Seyser Koze was kind enough to also link this from a different thread:

And finally, user BMS surprises us all at the end with this...thing.
Super Gargoyle's and Ghost's Quest Trailer
You're all doing God's Work.

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 11, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Welcome to Gargoyle's Quest: Ghosts N Goblins! First up, watch this:

Level One

And now as we saw at the end of the video, we're now in the overworld of the game. This portion of the game likes to pretend it's an RPG. You can explore the world but there's very little in the way of open-endedness. You basically go from one railroaded segment to the next. (there is some reward for exploring we'll see, but we'll get to those bridges when we cross them). Here's the area we're presently able to explore:

We exit down in the lower right, which is the level the game starts at. Right now our destination is that town in the left. But as you can see, there are three of the "ghost" enemies blocking our path, two one route, one the other.

Who are you?! You're not leaving here!

First Encounter

Each of the ghosts provide this same encounter, which rewards you with one vial. On top of that, the overworld provides penty of random encounters. The five ghost fight in the "W" shaped area is the most basic fight available, but there are many enemy types, and "arena" shapes. For example, while making my way to the town I encountered this:

Second Encounter

Fighting venus fly traps that spit out floating eyes that explode on contact (the explosions DO have splash damage, so be careful) and then these guys too:

Third Encounter

Which are just ghosts with shields protecting their front ends. Neither encounter is very difficult, but sometimes the RNG decides to hit you with far harder encounters. The harder a fight is, the more vials you earn for winning.

But anyways, into the first town!

Firebrand! You finally made it...

If you find the Essence of the Soulstream somewhere in the realm, the wounded can be healed.

This will become important in a few updates.

Black Light!!! Even a resurrection spell can't help you if you're touched by its darkness!

As highlighted in the intro to the game, the Black Light is the secret weapon of The Destroyers they used to decimate the Ghoul Realm.

Jark is gifted with second sight. Seek his advice.

Gargoyles in towns make absolutely dreadful high pitched noises when talking. Jark is the leader of this particular town, and his second sight should guide us to where to go next.

Ooo, gimme gimme! There's 2 vials just sitting on the ground here. Yoink!

When they were attacked, the Barone, Jark, lost the Gremlin Stick given him by King Darkoan.

I'm sure that won't effect our quest at all.

Most of us have been defeated...Some who have been revived are hiding here.

With the Talisman of the Cyclone, a damaged body can be revived.

The in-game explanation for having multiple lives and continues. Let's go inside now.

We Ghouls can be revived by chanting the resurrection spell XXXX-XXXX I'll tell you the words of the spell. Never forget them.

This room is inside each town, and serves as a save point, both for your passwords, and for if you use up all your lives in the action mode, as you will restart at the point where you got the password.

Exchange 8 vials for 1 talisman of the Cyclone?

Of course!

More than that would be greedy.

This guy sells you lives for your vials. The price goes up with each town you visit. They'll get crazy expensive by the end, so stock up now.

Jark uh, looks pretty big up there. I'm sure he won't mind us grabbing his loot just lying on the floor though. It's just a single vial though.

This is the room of the Barone, Jark.

I'm Jark. I'm afraid I can't help you. Without my Gremlin Stick, my powers are very limited. If only I had it back...

Oh no you don't. We already have to save the whole realm from Breager and the destroyers, you're not conning us here into doing your job for you. We'll say no to that offer.

I'll give you a gift if you agree to find it for me.

Well, I suppose if you're going to bribe me with a "but thou must!" result...

You'll do it?! Great! (Here's) The Fingernail of the Spectre! When you have it, you will become lighter and able to fly higher.

And there we have it, we've agreed to go on our first subquest, and we've been given a fingernail for our efforts. There's four different powerup types we get throughout the game: Fingernails and claws increase our jumping abilities for some reason making us able to fly higher. Wing upgrades increase our hover gauge, armor increases our health points, and then theres different magic breaths which we'll get to as we get them.

Regardless, we now have our first fetch quest, which we'll get to in the next update!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Huh! I had forgotten this game existed entirely--not surprising considering i played it over two decades ago. :v:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The number of is rather obnoxious.

Game is great tho. Definitely one of the better GB titles.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have never actually played the NES or Gameboy versions of this, so I'm definitely interested to see this. Especially since the gameplay seemed slightly familiar to Demon's Quest, which I have played, but then took a big turn to left field with the overhead RPG map type thing. Interested to see how this actually plays out compared to DQ. Plus, I find it interesting how Firebrand pulls a Megaman when he dies.

You actually used this...haha. LP'S ARE ART, AND NEVER LET ANYBODY TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

Genocyber posted:

Don't listen to him! is great, and if you could use Sony Vegas to picture-in-picture that face over the random battles, I'd say go for it! hahaha.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BMS posted:

I have never actually played the NES or Gameboy versions of this, so I'm definitely interested to see this. Especially since the gameplay seemed slightly familiar to Demon's Quest, which I have played, but then took a big turn to left field with the overhead RPG map type thing. Interested to see how this actually plays out compared to DQ. Plus, I find it interesting how Firebrand pulls a Megaman when he dies.

I really can't recommend the NES version of part two in good faith. The controls are too loose for the precision the game asks for and honestly, I think the large-screen graphics of the NES muddy things to make stuff not as crisp as they are here. If you want to experience the game I suggest getting the fan translation of the GB port. I've beaten both, and I must say the difference is night and day. They fix all the problems with the NES version and add a few new short dungeons with interesting gimmicks, with their own reward powers. As I said, if all goes well I might continue on past this game in the thread. As far as the Mega Man comparison, well that's not the last time you'll see them have similar behavior.

quote:

You actually used this...haha. LP'S ARE ART, AND NEVER LET ANYBODY TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

Don't listen to him! is great, and if you could use Sony Vegas to picture-in-picture that face over the random battles, I'd say go for it! hahaha.

while that's a bit beyond my capabilities, I now know what I'll be dreaming of next.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The only Gargoyle's Quest game I played (and loved) was Demon's Crest. But I never checked out the other games, even though I knew they existed so I'm glad there is an LP now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Genocyber posted:

Game is great tho. Definitely one of the better GB titles.

Actually, there are not enough. Also, Demon's Crest was really good.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
This game. This loving game.

This game's soundtrack haunted my teens and I love the overworld theme to bits.

I'll be looking forward to the rest of the LP, for sure.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah the soundtrack is definitely a case of being well composed but too early in the life of the system to be anything but grating on your ears. Look to later games like say, Faceball 2000 (which is absurdly ahead of its time, especially for a game boy game) to hear what good use of the system sounds like.

The graphics meanwhile...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I played this as a young kid. Usually I couldn't even beat the first level. Those spikes were impossible to navigate for kid me, and then that undodgeable boss.

The rare times I did pass it I couldn't get much further because I didn't speak any English back then. And also didn't care enough to write down passwords.

The most confusing thing is that the main enemies are clearly KKK members, though.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

The graphics meanwhile...

Seriously? gently caress, the box art and magazine art for this game easily as some of the best photoshoppable images I've every seen.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hahaha, holy gently caress.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Please don't stop. I am now in love with the art for this game.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

This has become far more magical than I could have ever dreamed. Now I know what I'm using the second post for once I'm home on the actual PC

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Since we're dragging in Buddybrand, may as well bring in his true nemesis and final boss of the game:

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Hey its gargoyles quest. I did a VLP of this as a bonus for my Super Ghouls and Ghosts thread back in the day. I'll be following your version.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

There's a surprising amount of fan art already for this project.

He gave us this soon-to-be smilie:

You're all doing God's Work.

Some games just lend themselves to being photoshopped, this is without a doubt one of them.

Well, if somebody actually wants to make it a smilie, then feel free to fork over the $30 to make :goblinpop: one.

That, or just take :letsplay:, give it some extending eyes and call it :lparguements: That would work too.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Maybe after Xmas when my bank account is pleasantly plump for the holidays.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my. This is one of my favorite games of all time, even if Firebrand can't seem to master the concept of up and down. :allears:

Also, I forget the name, but there's someone out there with an avatar of Firebrand from the SNES version doing the gargoyle shuffle. It's wonderful.

e: Wait a minute, I recognize that Jark jerk! He's the one that punked out Arthur in Ghosts 'n Goblins!

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 14, 2014

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I can't get over the fact that Firebrand is green in this game's art. I seem to recall that he was called the red blaze. Also that he's a Red Arremer. And is red in the SNES game and I think the NES game, but I only played very little of that.

Anyway, forum poster Dickey Butts made something he posted in my thread back then:

I wonder if he ever finished it. If he did this thread would be a good place to put it!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh my. This is one of my favorite games of all time, even if Firebrand can't seem to master the concept of up and down. :allears:

Also, I forget the name, but there's someone out there with an avatar of Firebrand from the SNES version doing the gargoyle shuffle. It's wonderful.

e: Wait a minute, I recognize that Jark jerk! He's the one that punked out Arthur in Ghosts 'n Goblins!

No, that's Astaroth you're thinking of. Though a different boss of GnG does show up late in the game...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I used to love this game as a kid, even if I wasn't very good at it. I definitely remember struggling with some of the climbing/flying segments while on road trips with my family. I also remember finding out that it was pretty easy to come up with valid passwords, though a lot of the ones I came up with would put the game in a difficult state due to not having certain items you were supposed to have.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

OMG! I did the same thing! Wasn't it like, all "F"s that did something like that?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

OMG! I did the same thing! Wasn't it like, all "F"s that did something like that?

Full 'F's was one that locked you out from progressing in the game

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

JamMasterJim posted:

Full 'F's was one that locked you out from progressing in the game

I don't remember now which passwords in particular were bad, but I definitely remember finding one that put you in the second area of the game but without the flight/jump powerup you should have had by that point.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

IIRC, full "F"s as the password takes you to after the next update (note to self: Get on that! ) without a plot item you'll need later in the game to progress. When I was young and dumb and not good at the first level this was a great way for me to see a larger area of the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Choco1980 posted:

IIRC, full "F"s as the password takes you to after the next update (note to self: Get on that! ) without a plot item you'll need later in the game to progress. When I was young and dumb and not good at the first level this was a great way for me to see a larger area of the game.

You can, however, go back to the previous town and get the item. Something I learned when I was a kid and had too much spare time on my hands.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hahahahaha holy gently caress. this lp has the best art and it's only one update it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, I seriously need to keep updating and I'm lazy. But you guys are making me feel like this was the best choice to LP

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
The game is available on the virtual console for the 3DS, take advantage of it cause it's a good game.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

UPDATE!

When last we left our hero, the Barone Jark had given us a mission to go get his Gremlin Stick so that he'd get his psychic powers back. He paid us in advance with The Fingernail of the Spectre, which allows us to jump higher. Let's take a look at our next section of the map:

Quite a bit of interest here. We're starting from the obvious town in the lower left, and heading up. Oh, hello there

Help Me! You aren't one of them, are you? I was so scared. Our attackers went east.

Well, I suppose that's helpful. Anyways, we have up ahead the first ability checkpoint of many in the game. Let's take a look

Bridge 1

That wasn't too bad. Now let's explore this area. I didn't get any new enemy encounters to really show off, or if I did it was just a different shaped area to fight the same different enemies. But enough about that, I see some loot! Gimme Gimme!

Obtained 1 Talisman of the Cyclone.

Free 1-UP! Score! Now let's see what the ghost down there has to say before I kill him

A Gargoyle! Coming so far is impressive, but here you die.

Suuure. It's that same generic five plain ghost battle you've already seen. And because that Demon Tower looks scary, and could never be where the Gremlin Stick is, let's avoid it alltogether. Oh, hello there.

Up ahead is the palace of Darkoan.

Hey that's great! That's just where I'm headed. I don't even need to look for the stupid Gremlin Stick!

...You're not moving are you?

...crap. Fine you dick, let's go kill this other ghost on the way to the scary tower.

The Gremlin Stick? You are a stupid Henchmen of that Barone. I sealed that stick away in the big tower monster.

And then we kill him. It was just two shield ghosts.

Sigh, this doesn't look fun, but I guess I'll just walk right into the monster's mouth.

Demon Tower

You acquired the Gremlin Stick. An incredible force is building in your body. You have the power of the Block-Buster.

Whoo-hoo! Now we can rent movies all we want! Just kidding, the good news is the Block Buster is about twice as strong as our normal flame and fires twice as fast. The bad news is we gotta get the stick back to Jark, which means going over that bridge again.

Bridge redux

Now, a curious thing happens in the game. When you go into town, everyone says the same thing:

Did you bring back my Gremlin Stick?

In my headcannon, the psychic Jark is so desperate for his stick back that he's forcing everyone under his power to get it back, intentional or no. Speaking of Jark, let's see how he's doing

That's it! I owe you my happiness.

Now in case you're wondering, you have to actually USE the stick to give it to him.

Yes... I can feel my power returning... Oh no! I see the king enveloped in flames. Firebrand! Hurry up! Take this Candle of the Poltergeist to King Darkoan.

You have the Candle of the Poltergeist

It's not explained very well, but the Candle is meant to dispel the Black Light Breager and the Destroyers used to subdue King Darkoan. But we won't find out about that until next time!

Next Time: Cannibals and item hunting.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I will agree with you on that tower room. I think it might have been a test to make sure you know what hovering did, because there's no way you could take those out without it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

I will agree with you on that tower room. I think it might have been a test to make sure you know what hovering did, because there's no way you could take those out without it.

The difficulty with that theory is that you can't reach that room without hovering. At the very least it is required to pass the bridge level right after the town, but you also can't beat the very first level in the game without taking damage if you don't have a decent grasp of hovering.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I spent a lot of time stuck on that drat tower as a kid, but it was oh so satisfying when I finally beat it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sorry for the delays. I am going to be making the next update this week. I got an attack of lazitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Did I say that week? hehe, sorry, there've been a lot of factors irl for why I haven't updated in so long (most of which are I'm lazy.)

Anyways, when last we left Firebrand, we had just returned the Gremlin Stick to local psychic Barone Jark, who told us to next head north to King Darkoan's castle, where the Destroyers had taken up residence. So away we go!

Oh, this guy again.

Are you going to find the king? His palace is up ahead. But it's like walking into death's arms. I wouldn't go there.
Yes
No

Uh, I'm not sure I understand the question, but yes?

Finally. One of courage. This is the armor of the dragon. May it keep you whole.

You have the armor of the dragon. Your vitality level has increased.

Bitchin! Now we have a bigger life bar of three pips! Also, the ghoul moves up out of our way.

If you go north-east through the cave you will reach the palace.

Not entirely accurate, but it is our path anyways.

Tunnel Cave

There, that was easy. Oooh, gimme gimme!

You got 1 Talisman of the Cyclone

Whoo, 1-up! And on to the next town!

If you go north, you will find the palace.

King Darkoan? I heard he was killed by the destroyers.

hmm. Our future looks grim here, but our path is obvious.

He with the power of the block-buster can break even the hardest stone.

Good thing we have it then!

The king hid many vials full of magic potions and essence of the soulstream.

Just a little world-building flavor text.

Some ghouls have changed sides. Be careful.

I'm sure that means nothing... Meanwhile, time to stock up on lives at 8 viles a pop, and get the password and move on.

Firebrand. Let me test your strength.

random fight!

This fight against two mermen is the bottom rung of the higher random encounter tier. They take 4 Block-buster shots to kill each and can fire high or low. Also, beyond the testing guy is the palace, but it's blocked by mountains and a big tree. I guess we have to go around. Not much noteworthy happens, but there's another town on the way.

Hey there! What are you doing? If you are loafing around, I'll eat you!

Many members of this town say this message. It is a town of cannibals!

Darkoan is dead. Why don't you join our side? We were caught and thrown in here. What's happened to the realm?

I think the second half of this guy's speech is in error but I'm not sure.

We were caught and thrown in here. what's happened to the realm?

That's why I think that.

The path to the palace is blocked. If we only had the wings of the falcon, we could get there with one jump.

Well crud. Looks like I have to find these wings.

I saw some strange wings under the tree behind the palace. Maybe they are wings of the falcon.

Aw crud, I gotta walk all the way back there?

A foreign army attack here a long time ago. Could it be the some one?

I leave this typo that shows that someone didn't read the opening text as is for you folks. Anyways, there's no vials to be bought in cannibal town, so lets go trek back to the tree to get the stupid wings. On the way this encounter happened:

random fight!

Those guys are tough as you can see. There ARE safe spots, but they still take a lot of hits and throw their heads all over, turning to meet you sometimes.

You have the wings of the falcon. The wings of the falcon! They increase the power of your wings so you can fly longer.

Whoo! Now we have much longer hover time! And before we tackle that bridge, there's one other thing I spy on the map to the north...

gimme dat loot

Obtained the essence of the soulstream.

Now this is important. The Soulstream is shown in-action as a little bag on your pause menu with a heart on it. It's basically an e-tank that recharges with each new battle, essentially doubling your health. I cannot stress how important this is in battle. I use mine a LOT. It refreshes each new map, so don't be afraid to use it.

You won't live long enough to use those wings.

It's just another head-thrower battle. I lived long enough to use those wings.

The second bridge!

And here's Darkoan's castle. Let's go.

Firebrand! Why are you here? Don't tell me you've changes sides!

Darkoan is locked up in there.

That must be the King of Destruction's army. They have been called from their graves to destroy the ghoul realm.

Pretty metal, actually.

Darkoan has lost his power. Our realm has surely perished.

Not if I have something to say about it...

Castle Darkoan!

Whoo! We did it! We saved Darkoan! Wait, is that some stuff you're holding on to? I'll be just a moment...It's 3 vials and a 1-up. Anyways, you were saying Darkoan?

Wuh... Wuh... Wuh...

Oh yeah, Jark told us to use the candle of the Poltergeist on him to wake him up.

The body of Darkoan moved a little.

Oh! I can move. My power was stolen by the king of destruction, Breager. I can't recover my strength until he is defeated. Only the Red Blaze can do that. You must seek it. According to legend, it will burn our enemies out of the realm.
Yes
No

Hmm, this is probably a "but thou must!" situation. Besides, he doesn't even recognize that WE are the Red Blaze...let's say no.

Don't you care about our realm? Think of your friends.

And then he goes back into his coma, of which we no longer have any candle to use. Whoops. Guess we screwed up this one! We can actually continue if we choose at a handicap here. But of course if we had chosen YES instead...

OK. I'll give you my remaining power. KAAAH!

The power of the king flows through your body. Your nails and wings become stronger.

Now you are powerful. Majorita might now how to find the Red Blaze. Go meet Bymon in the Eastern part of the land. He will know where Majorita is. Now go!

[i]And with that, we conclude this chapter of Gargoyle's Quest, with a new destination put out for us! See you next time!

• Locked thread