Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

To decide to end the life of a pet for no reason other than the fact that you cannot financially condone the continued existance of a pet, is wrong. To end the life of a pet because you think it is "better" to murder that innocent animal is beyond wrong, it makes you insane. Please discuss why euthanasia is wrong itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

To decide to end the life of a pet for no reason other than the fact that you cannot financially condone the continued existance of a pet, is wrong. To end the life of a pet because you think it is "better" to murder that innocent animal is beyond wrong, it makes you insane. Please discuss why euthanasia is wrong itt.

What if I have a dissenting opinion, huh?? Can I discuss the Pro side of euthanasia?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i will make a thread for you

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

thatbastardken posted:

i will make a thread for you

Thanks man. I hope to be euthanized myself, one day.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

adventure in the sandbox posted:

What if I have a dissenting opinion, huh?? Can I discuss the Pro side of euthanasia?

Personally in my opinion I think it's not very nice to have a dissenting opinion. Maybe you should make a thread devoted to that :ohdear:

I really can't see any other way to resolve this. I don't think it's a good way to think about things. Death isn't a nice thing and pets should only experience the nice side of life. They are very good and they are innocent in ways that we aren't so we should try to preserve them all the time. There's no reason to end their lives when their lives will end naturally in the safety of their own homes.

For instance I don't think there's any reason really to treat things like we own them either. They are our partners in life and the way that we refer to animals like we aren't just animals too is totally out of scope with everything else in the world.

Like this one commercial I saw on AFN when we were in Okinawa definitely treated animals like 80th class citizens and it just rubbed me really wrong and it probably got a ton of animals euthanized/killed.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

yeah we should make sure our pets die in as much agony as possible when they get untreatably sick!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

yeah we should make sure our pets die in as much agony as possible when they get untreatably sick!

We have to so I mean I guess if this is your perspective after the things you've done in your life then okay :love:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Fluffy Bunnies I would like to euthanize you

I guess I'm just a blue juice fiend

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i'm a green dreamer

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Personally in my opinion I think it's not very nice to have a dissenting opinion. Maybe you should make a thread devoted to that :ohdear:

I really can't see any other way to resolve this. I don't think it's a good way to think about things. Death isn't a nice thing and pets should only experience the nice side of life. They are very good and they are innocent in ways that we aren't so we should try to preserve them all the time. There's no reason to end their lives when their lives will end naturally in the safety of their own homes.

For instance I don't think there's any reason really to treat things like we own them either. They are our partners in life and the way that we refer to animals like we aren't just animals too is totally out of scope with everything else in the world.

Like this one commercial I saw on AFN when we were in Okinawa definitely treated animals like 80th class citizens and it just rubbed me really wrong and it probably got a ton of animals euthanized/killed.

I agree kill all animals.

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
It's not wrong unless you waste the meat :shrug:

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
There are children starving in Africa.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I agree kill all animals.

qft send all animals over the rainbow bridge, tia.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wtftastic posted:

qft send all animals over the rainbow bridge, tia.

This is utterly deplorable. It is not our choice. We should take care of them until the end.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

My Lil Parachute posted:

There are children starving in Africa.

Feed them euthanized animals, yes.

So, like, Purina Dog Chow. :rimshot:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Serella posted:

Not empty quoting.

animals are too good for this sinful earth imo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Serella posted:

Well you have ferrets so you get a pass.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My friend once tried to keep my cat from eating off his plate. The nerve of that guy obstructing the free will of another being. I promptly asked him to leave my house.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies how do u feel about abortion

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Fluffy Bunnies how do u feel about abortion

Children<dogs.

Please go back to GWS this is a PET FRIENDLY THREAD and you are not a PET FRIENDLY PERSON because you are a MEAT EATER

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

pets eat meat and sometimes are meat

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

thatbastardken posted:

pets eat meat and sometimes are meat

pets are always meat.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

not true, some are fish

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yeah guess what you're meat too!!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

personal attacks are unnecessary and uncalled for

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My cat's upper jaw, nasal cavity and eye socket were being eaten by a cancerous tumour. I guess I should have let him suffer more. Sorry Dash, I guess the tumour would have eaten most of your brain and popped your eyeball to relieve pressure.

My dog could barely stand, walked in pain, shook constantly and was nearly blind. My bad Lazy! I guess we should have postponed your death until you died buried in your own poo poo and piss. My deepest apologies.

Go gently caress yourself.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Excelsiortothemax posted:

My dog could barely stand, walked in pain, shook constantly and was nearly blind. My bad Lazy! I guess we should have postponed your death until you died buried in your own poo poo and piss. My deepest apologies.

Sounds like my grandma, guess it's time to lead her across the rainbow bridge.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

My cat's upper jaw, nasal cavity and eye socket were being eaten by a cancerous tumour. I guess I should have let him suffer more. Sorry Dash, I guess the tumour would have eaten most of your brain and popped your eyeball to relieve pressure.

Go gently caress yourself.

:lol: are you mad about the internet bro

And yeah I think you should have

Oil! posted:

Sounds like my grandma, guess it's time to lead her across the rainbow bridge.

At least your grandma can consent.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
wait so you're serious

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yo, imma blob posted:

wait so you're serious

I'm always serious on something awful dot com

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
I think it is very beautiful for the animals to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Dog Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor animals.

-Mother Hen Teresa

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

literlly euthanise you are sleves

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

i dotns ksnwo why ura rsay sthsit s?

:ohdear: I mean, how could you say such a thing to your friends!!!!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

thatbastardken posted:

is empty quoting allowed now so i can just empty quote this every time forever

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I euthanized a dog the day before yesterday. It made me feel wierd in my tummy for a bit, but I still think it's a necessary practice soemtiems

that's my story, k bye.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
i worked with an rvt who was really good at injecting unborn kittens still in the excised uterus right in the heart

one time a 2-inch jet of blood came out after the needle :eyepop:

its pretty sucky euthanising critters

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Yo, imma blob posted:

i worked with an rvt who was really good at injecting unborn kittens still in the excised uterus right in the heart

one time a 2-inch jet of blood came out after the needle :eyepop:

its pretty sucky euthanising critters

They say synthetic meat has the capacity to replace regular meat as a cruelty-free option. But they never mention the fact that to obtain the growth medium they have to get a pregnant cow and jam a huge-rear end needle straight through the uterus into the unborn calf's heart and suck out the rich nutritious blood. (Or it might have been the placenta...no I specifically remember the article saying "heart blood".)

Just thought I'd go off topic and mention how there's nothing more brutal than synthetic meat...unless you feed the pregnant cow euthanised kittens or something for a few weeks before stealing the heart-blood.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yeah guess what you're meat too!!

Humans aren't meat! Not saying that there's anything wrong with it ethically or anything, just that kuru is still a thing, as is CJD. Also, considering obesity statistics, you're hardly going to find a "lean" cut.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
We killed our dog Daisy because she had tumors in her eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
I think Hugh Jackman should donate himself to charity.

A single Hugh Jackman can feed a family in Nigeria for a week!

...Er. Not racist. :ohdear:

• Locked thread