Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

theflyingorc posted:

I'm thinking that they charge a fee for this service, and justify it by lying to their customers about being able to not pay taxes

Or just stealing. Hey, FCKGW, do you want an article about these dudes for Buttcoinfoundation.org?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Plank Walker posted:

whats coinsfer? :haw:

coinsfarring

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

if anyone wants to write something for the site feel free. I'm swamped with work and finals so probably won't do anything with the site until years end

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The principal officer of Coinsfer was a Libertarian candidate for Congress in 2012. Everyone will be :vince: to know that the state in question is Florida.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

FCKGW posted:

My campus atheist club accepts bitcoin! (i.imgur.com)
submitted an hour ago by stewey2000

is that fast food chain-branded instant coffee?

i'm not normally much of a coffee snob but :stare:

infernal machines posted:

nice. even stealing hydro from the school to power their coffee machine and payment system.

yup they're bitcoiners alright
tbf universities/student unions often provide resources to approved clubs like that

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Proteus4994 posted:

Has he ever had a blog or anything? I don't know, someone get ...! on the line
he did have that 'geekness brought me to japan' blog though i remember hearing he may have deleted it after the goxxening

someone mentioned he had some old blogpost about considering hanging himself with a ethernet cable. oh and there was the one where he implemented ssl or something in pure php (was that him?) despite those idk if it would be very markov worthy overall though

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 11, 2014

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol I didn't even see they were charging for the coffee

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol I didn't even see they were charging for the coffee

What, do you think coffee grows on trees?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

jony ive aces posted:

considering hanging himself with a ethernet cable.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

jony ive aces posted:

is that fast food chain-branded instant coffee?

i'm not normally much of a coffee snob but :stare:
tbf universities/student unions often provide resources to approved clubs like that

it's coffee store instant coffee

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it doesn't look like they have any water for their tiny coffeemaker, unless the thing it's plugged into is a water fountain

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

jony ive aces posted:

someone mentioned he had some old blogpost about considering hanging himself with a ethernet cable
if it's cat6 he could do this the samurai way and impale himself on it

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
apparently microsoft is accepting bitpay

i lust for bitpay death

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

I've used Bitcoin, it sucks and I'm out -- said no one ever (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 13 hours ago * by nawariata

That's why I'm bullish.

EDIT: This post went well over some people's heads. I was talking about superior experience of using Bitcoin's core feature: making payments/transferring value which is lightyears ahead of competing proprietary methods. With Bitcoin you just copy/paste or scan QR code, press send and be done, no funky login methods, long forms to fill, restrictions, fees and hidden charges to watch out for. I know the value fluctuates quite a bit, it's still not easy to buy bitcoins in many parts of the world and a lot of people lost their money in hope for unimaginable riches this year, but that's beyond scope of this post. I am only saying that probably nobody actually used Bitcoin to pay someone and thought to himself "this sucks, I like using my bank better". That's all folks.

quote:

[–]spottedmarley 47 points 13 hours ago

Bitcoins are like blow jobs. No matter how many you get you will always want at least a few more. Just to be safe.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

no hidden fees, but the value fluctuates in unpredictable ways

sounds like a good trade off to me!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Alan Smithee posted:

Bitcoins are like blow jobs. No matter how many you get you will always want at least a few more. Just to be safe.
what the hell..?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

stay safe blowjob ghost

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

I am only saying that probably nobody actually used Bitcoin to pay someone and thought to himself "this sucks, I like using my bank better".
I've seen plenty of posts were people were like "I used bitcoin and it was awful garbage"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Elysiume posted:

I've seen plenty of posts were people were like "I used bitcoin and it was awful garbage"
but anyone who says anything negative about bitcoin is a bankster spreading fud so you should ignore them

therefore nobody has ever said anything bad against bitcoin

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Elysiume posted:

remember, bitcoiners don't have object permanence

if it's not on the front page of r/bitcoin, it never happened

somehow mt. gox is the exception to this

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

actually its guards guards but i understand your confusion

No they must have accidentally swapped the covers on your book, you will find that what you thought was Guards! Guards! was actually Small Gods, the best Terry Pratchett book.

guardguards was good too

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever

jony ive aces posted:

but anyone who says anything negative about bitcoin is a bankster spreading fud so you should ignore them

therefore nobody has ever said anything bad against bitcoin

no true bitman

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thingsthatseriouslyhappenednoreally.txt

quote:

My old man, who nearly disowned me 2yrs ago for dumping my savings into bitcoin. Some of the more tame comments: "moron!" "idiot!" "complete fool!" "dumbass!" "stupid drat sucker, how the hell did you come from me?" (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 hours ago by [deleted]

Just asked me how he can buy some Bitcoin. So to hell with the Microsoft news. This is the biggest news in Bitcoin yet.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
can you fuckers stop duplicating the laffblocks into the grey thread please and thank you

it halves my comedy for the day

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
but the grey postchain is the silver to yospos' gold

lol if u read the greythread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

apparently microsoft is accepting bitpay

i lust for bitpay death

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Note: Bitpay died on the way back to its home planet

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

this is a few days old but too good not to post

quote:

Beware of anti-bitcoin sentiments; lost job due to bitcoin hating boss (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 days ago * by satoshi92

Until recently I worked as an IT admin at a medium sized insurance firm in the midwest with seven locations. The firm offers a range of products and also has a dedicated financial products salesman.

Recently I was doing some on-site maintenance on a server and adding a new ip phone at a branch office. While I was setting up the phone at a receptionists desk I happened to get into a conversation with a customer that was waiting for a meeting with the financial products guy.

Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin but didn't push the topic. The customer asked me a bunch of questions about bitcoin and I told him about satoshi and how the federal reserve prints money and how inflation is destroying the dollar. I really wasn't pushing it, just rattling off a few comments while I punched in the phone settings. We also talked about college football and other normal stuff. I was just trying to be friendly.

The next day a company VP at the main office asked me why I was giving financial advice to "our clients". I was taken aback and asked what he was talking about. He said the financial products guy met with a client that was supposed to invest six figures in a fund but got cold feet after I spoke to him.

I explained the brief conversation I had with someone in the lobby but told him it was just about football and bitcoin. Right away he got really flustered and said that bitcoin was a scam and only dumb financially illiterate people buy it. I told him, as calmly as I could, that this wasn't the case and many successful CEOs own bitcoin. I also volunteered to show him some Andreas videos to help educate him on bitcoin. He just walked away from me mid-sentence.

Well last Friday which was four days after this conversation, I got fired. No explanation was given at all although I did get three months severance pay (I'll probably invest this in bitcoin as payback).

The only reason I can think I got fired is because I'm into bitcoin and my bosses didn't understand it. It's really frustrating to understand something as complicated as bitcoin but be unable to share this knowledge with others. So many people hate bitcoin without even trying to understand it. I honestly don't understand why people go out of their way to suppress bitcoin. I never bought into all of the conspiracy stuff but now I'm starting to think the existing financial system is beginning to fight back.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Greyhawk posted:

this is a few days old but too good not to post

here, i redacted all the STDH

quote:

Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin but didn't push the topic. The customer asked me a bunch of questions about bitcoin and I told him about satoshi and how the federal reserve prints money and how inflation is destroying the dollar. I really wasn't pushing it, just rattling off a few comments while I punched in the phone settings. We also talked about college football and other normal stuff. I was just trying to be friendly.

The next day a company VP at the main office asked me why I was giving financial advice to "our clients". I was taken aback and asked what he was talking about. He said the financial products guy met with a client that was supposed to invest six figures in a fund but got cold feet after I spoke to him.

I explained the brief conversation I had with someone in the lobby but told him it was just about football and bitcoin. Right away he got really flustered and said that bitcoin was a scam and only dumb financially illiterate people buy it. I told him, as calmly as I could, that this wasn't the case and many successful CEOs own bitcoin. I also volunteered to show him some Andreas videos to help educate him on bitcoin. He just walked away from me mid-sentence.

Weatherman fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 11, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
amazing

good on the customer to back away from a company that shills bitcoin though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
dpr is accused of six non-violent crimes

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

jony ive aces posted:

but the grey postchain is the silver to yospos' gold

lol if u read the greythread

POS = sidechain
Grey = uhhh the notsidechain? mainchain? purestrainchain? poo poo I don't know, I should probably check the wiki

Greyhawk posted:

Until recently I worked as a toilet cleaner at a bank. Whenever the customers used the bathroom I would tell them how banks are evil and run by evil Jew bankers and bitcoin is awesome. I don't understand why Mr Goldstein fired me.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Greyhawk posted:

No explanation was given at all although I did get three months severance pay (I'll probably invest this in bitcoin as payback).

hahahahahahhahahahhahahah

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Greyhawk posted:

Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin Of course I mentioned during the conversation that I was into bitcoin

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

other than "use stolen credit cards" what on earth is the business plan here

steal butts buy drugs

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Help! I bought bitcoins to buy Microsoft points with for some reason instead of just buying Microsoft points directly but as soon as they were on my windows pc connected to the Internet I had all my coins immediately stolen!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
so i was talking with a prospective client about thetans and zenu but then they decided to not invest in the company :confused:
then my boss fired me after i offered to show him some propaganda :confused:

bigots, they'll regret it when i get my superpowered alien body on venus and they just die

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

...! posted:

[–]theymos 1 point 28 minutes ago*

One really cool thing they could do would be to require tipping for every comment/submission vote. There was a site called witcoin in 2011 that did that, and it worked pretty well. But this would be such a major change that I doubt they'd actually do it.

Off-topic random thought: Someone should recreate witcoin. How it worked was that upvoting something had a small fixed cost. A large amount of this money would go to the submitter, but some of the money would also go to everyone who upvoted the post previously, with far more money going to people who had upvoted the submission earlier. This encouraged people to patrol new posts and only upvote things that are actually good. A very small percentage of the upvote fee also went to the site, though this was enough to make the site pretty profitable. It was a very fun site IMO. (It was shut down because of unrelated issues experienced by the operator, not due to lack of success/popularity.)

without a trace of any self-awareness, theymos literally describes a pyramid scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Elysiume posted:

plus there's probably an enormous number of people who have quit bitcoin by just silently disappearing and not posting a huge meltdown about their lost life savings

• Locked thread