Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

1500quidporsche posted:

If I was Alonso I'd probably break the ice with a couple of jokes about taking Ferrari technical documents when I left.

And you would get a job on the Lotus social media team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

simplefish posted:

We'd like to thank our sponsor @Burn for this #sickburn

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

simplefish posted:

You just passed the job interview, you're evidently Ron's type of guy

1. be still my heart

2. my first thought was that it looks vaguely similar to the movistar font

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

simplefish posted:

I would be okay with this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

be nice wicka posted:

1. be still my heart

its almost identical to movistar.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

be nice wicka posted:

1. be still my heart

FYI. the A R E in the new logo..

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

aequalis posted:

Oh god. Poor Nando... Let the corporate soul sucking begin (again).

Countdown to beard shaving in 3.. 2.. 1..

Tsaedje posted:

I am fully erect at this news. I wonder if Alonso made sure to stipulate full control of his own body hair this time around?

...wait, that's a good point. Maybe Big Ron has lightened up a bit in his advanced age, Jenson has been allowed to sport facial hair after all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

its almost identical to movistar.

both movistar and o2 are owned by telefonica, i hope they run with o2 logos on the car when they win silverstone and make vodafone cry

mclaren evil empire 2015-when i run out of tears

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rhopunzel posted:

IMO keep Magnussen on as a test/reserve driver, Button's gonna be retiring pretty soon anyway

Called it :twisted:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Button has a 2-year deal apparently, Alonso is 'multi-year'

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

aequalis posted:

Oh god. Poor Nando... Let the corporate soul sucking begin (again).

Some good cars in that picture.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I maintain that Movistar colours will look ace on a F1 car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

Telecommunications companies ain't got no soul.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

serious gaylord posted:

hmmm

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Neither does anything Spanish.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

Neither does anything Spanish.

That gets filtered out in the centrifuges.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Perfect fit for McLaren

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Actual colors? On an F1 car? That's for lovely backmarker teams!!!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

How much are McDennis paying Jense? Seeing how desperate he was to stay on, even if it meant doing the catering, I'm pretty sure Ron had the whip-hand during the negotiations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

How much are McDennis paying Jense? Seeing how desperate he was to stay on, even if it meant doing the catering, I'm pretty sure Ron had the whip-hand during the negotiations.

bbc said it's at most half this £12m salary from 2014, but they also reported it was a one-year deal, and apparently that's not the case

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Moxie Omen posted:

Actual colors? On an F1 car? That's for lovely backmarker teams!!!

I think you'll find that the best team Scuderia Ferrari have the best colour and also the best driver Sebastian Vettel. Unlike McLaren who are literaly run by the motorsport version of ulillillia and have two fraud champions for drivers.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I can't wait to see Nando and Evil McLaren cheat their way to a championship after years of scarring at the hands of Red Bull

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

McLaren will out cheat Ferrari in 2015, calling it now.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

be nice wicka posted:

both movistar and o2 are owned by telefonica, i hope they run with o2 logos on the car when they win silverstone and make vodafone cry

mclaren evil empire 2015-when i run out of tears

BT will own them by Silverstone

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Moxie Omen posted:

Ferrari haven't been at the top of the cheating charts for a long while now. I bet we have people in here that don't even know about FIArrari

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Moxie Omen posted:

Not with that snitching rat bastard back on the payroll they wont.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

simplefish posted:

Ferrari haven't been at the top of the cheating charts for a long while now. I bet we have people in here that don't even know about FIArrari

It's only a matter of time for Ferrari to be at the top of the World Cheating Championship standings now that they have a tobacco industry executive at the helm.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Scuderia Ferrari have never cheated.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari are a honest wholesome F1 team that has never done anything wrong in the history of the sport.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

I'm pretty sure Scuderia Ferrari have never cheated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asE7AA5_JdM

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
It's a shame past performance is generally meaningless, because statistically speaking Button has won 100% of WDCs in years when he thought he might not even be in F1.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

1500quidporsche posted:

Ferrari are a honest wholesome F1 team that has never done anything wrong in the history of the sport.
They probably should considering the cars they've been throwing out there the last several seasons have been loving turds.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

It's a shame past performance is generally meaningless, because statistically speaking Button has won 100% of WDCs in years when he thought he might not even be in F1.

Alonso has been within 1 point of the championship 100% of the time he's been in a McLaren.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Alonso/Button is the best F1 thing I've seen in a while. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Hoping it won't be a Nando blowout, and closer to a 60/40, but secretly crossing my fingers for a Nico/Lewis head to head scenario with the new Super Honda Power rocketing McLaren to the front of the grid!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Button and Alonso should constantly crack Dad jokes and call the Toro Rosso drivers 'son'.

#TeamDad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i hope alonso gets a third or even a fourth title eventually, he deserves to have more than two, but button beating him next year would be great.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

CratSock posted:

Alonso/Button is the best F1 thing I've seen in a while. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Hoping it won't be a Nando blowout, and closer to a 60/40, but secretly crossing my fingers for a Nico/Lewis head to head scenario with the new Super Honda Power rocketing McLaren to the front of the grid!

Well, remember the out-of-nowhere glory that was Brawn! Will you change your name to McLatSock if Nando wins the WDC?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Juuu
Sep 3, 2007
Wasn't me.

1500quidporsche posted:

Alonso has been within 1 point of the championship 100% of the time he's been in a McLaren.

Alonso has been beaten by his teammate 100% of the time he's been in a McLaren.
Also, he's never been able to win after qualifying below P2 while he's been in a McLaren.

Juuu fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Not as good as the other picture where it looks like old Ronnie D is trying extra hard not to frown

• Locked thread