Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

haveblue posted:

plus there's probably an enormous number of people who have quit bitcoin by just silently disappearing and not posting a huge meltdown about their lost life savings

also some killed themselves probably

this makes it hard to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

also some killed themselves probably

this makes it hard to post

not impossible, though

how's mlr doing these days?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

goddamnedtwisto posted:

not impossible, though

how's mlr doing these days?

posting about palm and nexus

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Boxturret posted:

posting about palm and nexus

so a ghost is ghost posting about ghost tech

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Weatherman posted:

here, i redacted all the STDH

the "accidentally scuttled a six-figure deal" thing is definitely believable

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

lol jesus christ weren't we only originally aware of 2 attempted orders for hits?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

/r/buttcoin is being invaded. apparently large company #7 to take bitpay it what finally pushes bitcoin over the top

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

text editor posted:

lol jesus christ weren't we only originally aware of 2 attempted orders for hits?

he required 6 confirmations

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

he required 6 confirmations

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Greyhawk posted:

so a ghost is ghost posting about ghost tech

a ghost is a ghost, of course, of course
and no one can post to a ghost, of course
unless of course that is the ghost is the famous MLR

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Stay safe junk tech ghost.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:cb:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

fuckin lol

all of bitcoin's success/popularity, as they perceive it, is entirely predicated on bitpay and coinbase being a middle man

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FCKGW posted:

/r/buttcoin is being invaded. apparently large company #7 to take bitpay it what finally pushes bitcoin over the top

remember when they would all donate to Wikipedia if Wikipedia accepted Bitcoins and then they didn't?

good times

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

FCKGW posted:

On the one hand, banning these dudes would probably validate them

But on the other hand, they're soooooooooooo mad that the /r/bitcoin mods won't do anything about "the constant brigading from /r/buttcoin" that banning them all and reporting them for brigading would be loving hysterical and it'd spin them up so bad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

FrozenVent posted:

remember when they would all donate to Wikipedia if Wikipedia accepted Bitcoins and then they didn't?

good times

The "Mozilla adds Bitcoin donation, donations decrease noticeably" event was loving magic.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i think it's funnier when their angry babby threads get stickied

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

AlbieQuirky posted:

The "Mozilla adds Bitcoin donation, donations decrease noticeably" event was loving magic.

you know, now it makes sense that microsoft is taking bitcoins because they've always been on the cutting edge of ways to lose money

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Proteus4994 posted:

On the one hand, banning these dudes would probably validate them

But on the other hand, they're soooooooooooo mad that the /r/bitcoin mods won't do anything about "the constant brigading from /r/buttcoin" that banning them all and reporting them for brigading would be loving hysterical and it'd spin them up so bad.

the top post was stickied and the op has been given reddit gold twice

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Boxturret posted:

so i was talking with a prospective client about thetans and zenu but then they decided to not invest in the company :confused:
then my boss fired me after i offered to show him some propaganda :confused:

bigots, they'll regret it when i get my superpowered alien body on venus and they just die

I read that as him convincing a client not to buy a service his employer was offering which lol yeah no wonder he got fired

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FCKGW posted:

the op has been given reddit gold twice

wtf

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

they would be right though

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

some guy wants to sell me buttcoins.com how much should i offer him

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
.0003 cents

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FCKGW posted:

some guy wants to sell me buttcoins.com how much should i offer him

applicable registration fees + a twenty because you're literally the only potential buyer

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i think someone on bitcointalk already offered him $100+

he's asking $500 lol

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

FCKGW posted:

i think someone on bitcointalk already offered him $100+

he's asking $500 lol

let them have it and file a dmca with their hosting provider when they inevitably copy the old site wholesale

also see how much it costs to file for a trademark on buttcoin for maximum laughs

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
now i am looking forward to the inevitable broken links on my xbox whenever bitpay dies

edit: i told the grey thread but the facebook friend who works there is a senior software engineer, is at most 25 years old, and his degree is in simulation and game design from a local community college

they only recruit the best of the best

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

now i am looking forward to the inevitable broken links on my xbox whenever bitpay dies

edit: i told the grey thread but the facebook friend who works there is a senior software engineer, is at most 25 years old, and his degree is in simulation and game design from a local community college

they only recruit the best of the best

lol if you weren't a senior software engineer by 25

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dren posted:

lol at software "engineering"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dren posted:

senior when most people will have like 3 years of after-graduation experience? (and my "friend" was also at startups the whole time)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dren posted:

i'm a senior technical lead

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bitcoin 98 was the best Bitcoin

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

I read that as him convincing a client not to buy a service his employer was offering which lol yeah no wonder he got fired

double lol if they sell IT services

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

i'm a senior technical lead

the title i got when i was hired (straight out of grad school) is senior firmware engineer

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

crusader_complex posted:

double lol if they sell IT services

propane AND propane accessories!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Proteus4994 posted:

straight out of grad school
crazy muthafucka named senior firmware engineer

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

filing a trademark and then using that to seize their domain would be funny, but then it would require an irl name and irl address on the tm database for any crazy to see. unless the trademark is put under another entity but this takes effort.

i decided to do a search on the uspto as it's been a while. i like how a canadian firm is trying to register the word mark "CERTIFIED BITCOIN EXPERT" and "CERTIFIED BITCOIN PROFESSIONAL" (86412575 and 86412567 respectively)

"certifying individuals and organizations as having met the applicant's standards for providing information, professional services, and advice in connection with bitcoin technology."

once they've been published if someone informs /r/bitcoin that they are trying to regulate these terms at least one of them will spend irl money opposing the applications.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2014

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

text editor posted:

wasn't one of them supposed to be the actual target plus "a bunch of people they lived with"? because the hitman was too incompetent to get a clean kill on its own trying to scam more money for more "kills"

that article still only mentions the two jobs we knew about but doesn't give details of the other 4 people

Ursine Asylum posted:

let them have it and file a dmca with their hosting provider when they inevitably copy the old site wholesale

also see how much it costs to file for a trademark on buttcoin for maximum laughs
isn't the buttcoin ip technically property of the us gov though :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

plz don't quote the song i listen to every morning on my way to work tia

• Locked thread