Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Presented as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
That is a man that is hype for some turn-based giant robot strategy. :ssj:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AradoBalanga posted:

Presented as is.

I wish I could be as cool as this man. :allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KoldPT posted:

Probably Kusuha/Burrito

are you loving kidding me?

Getsuya posted:

That helped, though in this case the specific thing I was doing wrong was not attacking the boss quickly enough. I tended to leave him until I had cleared off all the grunts, which took a few turns, and I didn't realize that the reinforcements showing up were tied to attacking him. I thought it was just automatically scripted to halfway through the battle. Once I got the reinforcements going earlier it was easy to clear them up and then use my own reinforcements to take down the boss.

Theres a fantastic playthrough on NicoNico. Let me know if you want the link.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 11, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
His name is actually Bullet, but that's not nearly as funny.

Also "Let's have a countdown to announce another countdown" is the best.

EDIT:

Somebody took the time to make an amazing sprite and a new background, but couldn't be assed to draw a portrait.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 11, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

His name is actually Bullet, but that's not nearly as funny.

Also "Let's have a countdown to announce another countdown" is the best.

EDIT:

Somebody took the time to make an amazing sprite and a new background, but couldn't be assed to draw a portrait.

Maybe the game actually comes out tomorrow and its just one great surprise. Maybe... :negative:

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
:fap: Judau would teach Shinji a thing or two on how to handle rear end in a top hat adults.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Race Realists posted:

are you loving kidding me?

Theres a fantastic playthrough on NicoNico. Let me know if you want the link.

Yes, please. I didn't even realize this was a thing. I'd love to watch Japanese-commented VLPs of as many SRWs as I can actually. That sounds pretty awesome.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Huh, the countdown page seems to have a few more details on it. Midorikawa and Terada are going to be at whatever they have planned.

Hype rising?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Aside from GaogaiGar, I want to see Xenogears and/or Xenosaga.

They've already had Kos-Mos in OG Saga, it's not that much of a stretch.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Man I'm really hoping for RahXephon. They've got the whole twin sealed off Earth thing going on, it seems like a no-brainer.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Square-Enix would never lend out their characters like that though. :smith:

I would love to be proven wrong though!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'd love for Xenoblade to be added, even if it's just Bionis and Mechonis smashing stuff.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Xenogears is probably the easiest one of the three to do in SRW, since it's pretty much Turn A Xabungle to my limited knowledge. Xenosaga has the anime though and in general is easier for licensing purposes, even if the setting isn't the easiest to slot in since it's super deep space travel stuff and it absolutely would need to be the core of the plot to work out.

Xenoblade pretty much doesn't work because what Bionis and Mechonis even are is very shrouded in mystery and mythology and aside from them it's just a bunch of teenagers with anime weapons. But the sequel definitely has robutts in it as far as we can see, and may well work out. We have no idea for sure though since it's not out. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want digimon

i mean, we had tekkaman blade

KoB
May 1, 2009
Was this really just a countdown to a countdown to an event?

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

KoB posted:

Was this really just a countdown to a countdown to an event?

The thing is happening at 23:00 Japan time on Friday.

Hikarusa fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 11, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hikarusa posted:

The thing is happening at 23:00 Japan time on Friday.

Oh, I guess I just overestimated the time difference.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
With luck it is a super awesome pv we've all been waiting for.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

With luck it is a super awesome pv we've all been waiting for.

It'll be a poster that says Z3-2 will be coming 2016.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Z3-2 is confirmed, only new series are Eureka Seven AO, Gundam AGE, and Valvrave

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Z3-2 is confirmed, only new series are Eureka Seven AO, Gundam AGE, and Valvrave

I'd be okay with that. Valvrave and E7AO in SRW is gonna be hilarious.

Plus they'll almost certainly cut the stupid-rear end rape plot out of Valvrave.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Endorph posted:

rip SRW games

I was hoping the missing crew would return but I guess that was too much to ask for.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ImpAtom posted:

I'd be okay with that. Valvrave and E7AO in SRW is gonna be hilarious.

Plus they'll almost certainly cut the stupid-rear end rape plot out of Valvrave.

IIRC they kind of left it in Dancougar Nova. It got like two lines but it's pretty clear that still happened.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

rip SRW games

I was hoping the missing crew would return but I guess that was too much to ask for.

He's joking about what might happen.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ImpAtom posted:

He's joking about what might happen.

Well that's a relief. I've been out of the loop and in a slump. Where's my 70s, SRW?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Mercury Crusader posted:

rip SRW games

Turn A shows up and everyone spontaneously returns to calling it the Black History. This is never acknowledged or explained.

Sol Gravion, who is already solar (because dwi), just cuts Space Satan in half, derailing the entire end of Gigantor.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Gyra_Solune posted:

IIRC they kind of left it in Dancougar Nova. It got like two lines but it's pretty clear that still happened.

There was a rape plot in Dancougar Nova? Somehow I forgot about that.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Fred is on posted:

There was a rape plot in Dancougar Nova? Somehow I forgot about that.

I'm pretty sure it's just this one-off joke where the mechanic gets drunk and jumps Sakuya because of a dumb misunderstanding. There's no subplot or anything.

e: not suggesting it is a good joke

Caphi fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 11, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just this one-off joke where the mechanic gets drunk and jumps Sakuya because of a dumb misunderstanding. There's no subplot or anything.

I was about to say, I didn't remember that at all.

It's kiiiinda different in Valvrave. More importantly it literally makes no sense with the plot at all so cutting it changes almost nothing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Wasn't that how the Boost Knuckle happened? Sakuya went up the engineer all 'augh I feel useless in battle' and she did inappropriate things to him, and then Dancougar got a rocket punch. IIRC it was largely offscreened but it was still some sketchy poo poo.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Gyra_Solune posted:

Wasn't that how the Boost Knuckle happened? Sakuya went up the engineer all 'augh I feel useless in battle' and she did inappropriate things to him, and then Dancougar got a rocket punch. IIRC it was largely offscreened but it was still some sketchy poo poo.

...Its been a while since I watched the scene, but I thought it was one of those things were other parts of the cast overheard and thought the two were going at it, but in reality Sakuya was just geeking out over the fact he now had a rocket punch?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Augh my memory must be hazy and damned if I'm going to watch Dancougar Nova again so

17 hours until Things.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

i want digimon

i mean, we had tekkaman blade

This but unironically with that season with the dude that punched out everything to make his cyborg dragon evolve.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

This but unironically with that season with the dude that punched out everything to make his cyborg dragon evolve.

You fucker, you want another character voiced by Soichiro Hoshi? Hasn't he done enough?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHdXHdVJ8w

his cyborg dragon calls him aniki too

and also one time he punched a giant monster made entirely of fire and it worked

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Just gimme back Xabungle at least. We could've had Jiron throw a universe-sized ICBM that was fired outta nowhere but nope

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wasn't Savers the one where the main digimon's super form had like the shittiest super weapon that never worked?

I also seem to recall this ridiculous animation goof up in like a team-up special or something where he's supposed to have punched a big digmon into two others, but actually just punched it into one while the other one flew in to the pile to join the fun.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

Just gimme back Xabungle at least. We could've had Jiron throw a universe-sized ICBM that was fired outta nowhere but nope

I can only assume we're going back to Tengen Toppa Universe for the final battle so everyone can be at full power. Maybe if Xabungle comes back for the finale along with everything else we'll get to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Gyra_Solune posted:

Augh my memory must be hazy and damned if I'm going to watch Dancougar Nova again so

17 hours until Things.

Did it for ya. Yeah, its one of those 'meant to sound like one thing, actually another' cases, though the scene by itself would certainly seem tricky. The thing is, the gag is that what she's talking about is developing the weapon, and the two female pilots (can't remember their names immediately) walked in to find Sakuya in the simulator whilst Seimy was running the test programme. I imagine it'd be harder to tell in a purely text format with a SRW game.

• Locked thread