Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Wasn't Savers the one where the main digimon's super form had like the shittiest super weapon that never worked?

I also seem to recall this ridiculous animation goof up in like a team-up special or something where he's supposed to have punched a big digmon into two others, but actually just punched it into one while the other one flew in to the pile to join the fun.
Why would his digimon need a super weapon when he had the greatest super weapon of all: a right hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

Why would his digimon need a super weapon when he had the greatest super weapon of all: a right hook

Blitz, the animation goof you're remembering was from Season 7. Time Hunters. Time Hunters was a legendarily bad show that is down their with 02 in terms of quality. And 02 has the proud distinction of waving the flag of just being the worst Digimon season, with so many problems with production, the more you learn about it the more you learn that nobody knew what they were doing.

As for Digimon, I would love to have Xros Wars, Tamers, Adventure, Frontier or Savers in a game. Frontier naturally lends itself more to the concept, but Xros Wars' protagonist is literally a combining robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IjQNNppx6w

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Onmi posted:

Blitz, the animation goof you're remembering was from Season 7. Time Hunters. Time Hunters was a legendarily bad show that is down their with 02 in terms of quality. And 02 has the proud distinction of waving the flag of just being the worst Digimon season, with so many problems with production, the more you learn about it the more you learn that nobody knew what they were doing.

As for Digimon, I would love to have Xros Wars, Tamers, Adventure, Frontier or Savers in a game. Frontier naturally lends itself more to the concept, but Xros Wars' protagonist is literally a combining robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IjQNNppx6w

I dunno, I'd put Hunters down as worse. Like, 02 may have been flawed as hell, but it still had some strong moments to it, and managed to have some identity as its own show and plot. Hunters was almost nothing but filler that, in the end, was coasting on the nostalgia value to keep viewers along for an ending that rather than just being bad, is an absolute let down after previously dicking with audience hopes.

Though, whilst we're talking what if it got in SRW, then I'd say Tamers or Savers would probably present the easiest plots to adapt, though you'd get stuck at the arc where they have to willingly travel to the digital world, unless paired off with a bunch of shows set in an alternate world ala K. Digimon randomly appearing in real world locations could be easily tied into any of the other enemies of the week a typical super robot show has, compared to the other shows (outside of 02 and Hunters) which have the emphasis on the kids being lost and without support, which would kinda be rendered moot.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Astro Nut posted:

I dunno, I'd put Hunters down as worse. Like, 02 may have been flawed as hell, but it still had some strong moments to it, and managed to have some identity as its own show and plot. Hunters was almost nothing but filler that, in the end, was coasting on the nostalgia value to keep viewers along for an ending that rather than just being bad, is an absolute let down after previously dicking with audience hopes.

Though, whilst we're talking what if it got in SRW, then I'd say Tamers or Savers would probably present the easiest plots to adapt, though you'd get stuck at the arc where they have to willingly travel to the digital world, unless paired off with a bunch of shows set in an alternate world ala K. Digimon randomly appearing in real world locations could be easily tied into any of the other enemies of the week a typical super robot show has, compared to the other shows (outside of 02 and Hunters) which have the emphasis on the kids being lost and without support, which would kinda be rendered moot.

It's really hard to determine which was worse. Because Time Hunters was indeed all filler, but it didn't introduce a lot of plot holes and it wasn't that long. Meanwhile 02 basically took a tommy gun to Adventure and was as long as that show was.

Really though it's like choosing between two different kinds of poo poo, I'm sure in theory one is better than the other but you still don't want to have any part of feces.

You could also do what Neo did with the alternate world. Throw in new Getter for Ancient Japan stuff, a lot of shows easily mesh together on having an alternate world.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Know what the digital world is probably full of? Plavsky Particles.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Time to add

VIDEO WARRIOR LASERION

which is of course so dramatic that it requires its own line in the post.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Laserion would be pretty cool.

SRW in general needs more old forgotten 80s stand-alones raised to new relevance and prestige like Z did to Baldios and God Sigma.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Once again I futilely hope the Rayearth OVA makes it in just for hot blooded hikaru shooting arrows of fire at everything.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Ryoga posted:

Once again I futilely hope the Rayearth OVA makes it in just for hot blooded hikaru shooting arrows of fire at everything.

Rayearth and Escaflowne would go good together. But seriously if we got a single one of the series everyone has been wishing for I'd put all my wishes into Xenoglossia. Idolm@ster in SRW would pretty much be all I'd ever need.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Laserion would be pretty cool.

SRW in general needs more old forgotten 80s stand-alones raised to new relevance and prestige like Z did to Baldios and God Sigma.

I for one would love to see Mighty Orbots make a return.

I mean I'm not sure what the legal situation around the matter is (the show apparently didn't do well enough in ratings to make good on its production values, plus the lack of merchandising), but goddammit, its like Gurren Lagann except made in the 80s.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gad Guard most definitly.

Other than that... Zoids Battle Story. Not the anime series but the story that came with all the novels, it was pretty awesome.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
You know what I didn't know I wanted until recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O043exmFoJE

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

...I had to look this up. Because I could not believe that someone spent actual money funding this show.

Then again, it clearly wasn't much. Good god that combination.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Astro Nut posted:

...I had to look this up. Because I could not believe that someone spent actual money funding this show.

Then again, it clearly wasn't much. Good god that combination.

Let's just jam our robots into each other, surely something magical will happen. :downs:

And something did. :iamafag:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Oh yeah, well I think I am the biggest hipster.

What do I win?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Site updated. Now they're saying the announcement will be broadcast live at 11 PM JST.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Daler Mehndi posted:

Let's just jam our robots into each other, surely something magical will happen. :downs:

And something did. :iamafag:

Well it worked for Gurren Lagann, so why not?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Brunom1 posted:

This video kind of rules, are there other things like this, particularly with the clashing art cutting back and forth?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

This video kind of rules, are there other things like this, particularly with the clashing art cutting back and forth?

Oh there's a fair few on youtube. How else do you think people satisfy the desire for a properly animated, non-OG SRW adaptation that is never ever going to happen?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Okay, I finally caved and watched the Ginguizer video.

I'm in tears. That was magical.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I feel like it's taking longer and longer for somebody to link Ginguizer every time we bring up dream SRW inclusions.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Astro Nut posted:

Oh there's a fair few on youtube. How else do you think people satisfy the desire for a properly animated, non-OG SRW adaptation that is never ever going to happen?

By playing SRW of course. Can you post some good ones?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

This is already basically SRW in video form. Just add in some original characters and some new villain trying to take over the universe and you've got a non-OG SRW anime.

edit: my favorite part is the constant scenes of him just not giving a gently caress as the world explodes around him

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 12, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

BlitzBlast posted:

I feel like it's taking longer and longer for somebody to link Ginguizer every time we bring up dream SRW inclusions.

I've done it enough times, gotta let others get in on that Ginguizer hype.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Getsuya posted:

Yes, please. I didn't even realize this was a thing. I'd love to watch Japanese-commented VLPs of as many SRWs as I can actually. That sounds pretty awesome.

Here ya go!

The dude also has a Ebis @3 playthrough that needs to be seen to be believed:stare:

EDIT:

Endorph posted:

i want digimon

can we please not crawshrimpy this loving thread?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 12, 2014

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Those character introductions: 'Boobs, boobs, super boobs Kusuha'. On a more serious note, I guess I should have expected it, but man I hate it how so many Japanese LPers use stupid robo-voices that make it impossible to understand what they're saying without focusing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is the reason why Banpresto started cutting SP values from Z onwards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Race Realists posted:

can we please not crawshrimpy this loving thread?
who/what is crawshrimpy

googling it just got me someone's self-important tvtropes page and im not sure what that has to do with me thinking Digimon Tamers is one of the best anime ever made

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

who/what is crawshrimpy

googling it just got me someone's self-important tvtropes page and im not sure what that has to do with me thinking Digimon Tamers is one of the best anime ever made

An insane man who thinks GGG is the best thing ever, I don't know what it has to do with wanting Tamers either.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Okay here's one: The Z series is actually a universal mash-up existing only in the minds of a bunch of kids playing with their beloved models. Enter Gundam Build Fighters. Oh and Level 5 could throw in Danbooru Senki to squeeze a few more drops of cash out of it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Getsuya posted:

Okay here's one: The Z series is actually a universal mash-up existing only in the minds of a bunch of kids playing with their beloved models. Enter Gundam Build Fighters. Oh and Level 5 could throw in Danbooru Senki to squeeze a few more drops of cash out of it.
Or, the other world is full of giants, so their toy Gundams are as big as normal Gundams on the main world.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Or, the other world is full of giants, so their toy Gundams are as big as normal Gundams on the main world.

Maclones??

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Here is a link to the stream, countdown and all. Some people seem to get IP blocked but it seems sort of random, best to check on a case-to-case basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDw1Cgjhps

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

quote:

Chat is disabled for this event.

Thank you, Bamco.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Okay time to place bets. It's been almost 2 years since UX, so I personally think there's just as much possibility of a second 3DS game as there is of it being Z3-2. What are my odds? Any takers? Considering that both GBA and DS had at least 3 games each I'm actually surprised they haven't announced a new 3DS one before now.

And personally that's what I'm rooting for. Portable game means more odds on a crazy weird unit selection.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Getsuya posted:

Okay time to place bets. It's been almost 2 years since UX, so I personally think there's just as much possibility of a second 3DS game as there is of it being Z3-2. What are my odds? Any takers? Considering that both GBA and DS had at least 3 games each I'm actually surprised they haven't announced a new 3DS one before now.

And personally that's what I'm rooting for. Portable game means more odds on a crazy weird unit selection.

Your odds are basically zero given there's been the SRW Z-series Z in the background of the countdown for all except (I think) the first day.

They might announce multiple things which include a 3DS game. But if Z3.2 isn't part of it I will be astounded.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Getsuya posted:

They had VAs for UX which bumped the cost up some, so they might not think cranking them out again to be such a good idea.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Prism posted:

Your odds are basically zero given there's been the SRW Z-series Z in the background of the countdown for all except (I think) the first day.

They might announce multiple things which include a 3DS game. But if Z3.2 isn't part of it I will be astounded.

The Z has a line through it almost like an X. So. ZX. The final Z game is going to be on the 3DS and crossover with the MX/UX games. :colbert:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Getsuya posted:

The Z has a line through it almost like an X. So. ZX. The final Z game is going to be on the 3DS and crossover with the MX/UX games. :colbert:

That's what the Z-series Z looks like, yes.

Plus, one UX was enough for a lifetime. Please, no more. I didn't think you could mutilate music that badly before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just want a cool game. If it has weird stuff like Hathaway's Flash, cool. If it doesn't, well, I'll still enjoy it.

Original Macross should come back one of these days too. And the old Gundam series that never get done anymore, like F91. Not Crossbone, just F91.

Edit: I want a game where it's just all these series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26JG33Lx-w They could call it SRW80.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 12, 2014

• Locked thread