Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

en1125 posted:

If you don't have a buzzard, I would save up and get that first.

...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase what do you think the first thing I bought last year was? :D

Prokhor posted:

Crew member Crazysim introduced me last night to one of the coolest ways to blow poo poo up I've ever seen. You'd have to ask him more about it for how it works but I can tell you it works well... take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlFa5P9euA

I can pretty much guarantee you that R*'s solution in an upcoming patch will be to make tanks no longer winchable by cargobob's.
It's a fun thing, you see... Therefor it must be patched out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Okay yeah I gotta get in on that Helitanking.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

im pooping! posted:

So I made my online character and played for like 3 hours on my PS3 pretty much when the game first came out. I didn't play online again until I got my PS4 and transferred my character, and on PS4 I don't have the special holiday weapons or whatever that I had access to in single player on my PS3. I know some people had them transfer over from their online characters but I guess since I never logged in to online on my PS3 after the first couple days, I don't have them or something. Is it even worth opening a ticket or should I just wait until next independence day or whatever?

If you mean you don't have them on your GTAO character that's to be expected. You would only have them if you had logged into your GTAO character and purchased them while the specials were in effect, you do not get them added automatically in GTAO.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'm not too worried about it, I actually wish I could remove weapons from my inventory because it's a pain in the rear end trying to switch weapons when I'm in a car.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

im pooping! posted:

I'm not too worried about it, I actually wish I could remove weapons from my inventory because it's a pain in the rear end trying to switch weapons when I'm in a car.

Point your weapon wheel at the weapon and hit triangle to drop it. You'll no longer possess it on spawn and have to repurchase it to get it back atleast in online

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lets play some games you goony fucks the 7 day csgo ban started today

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Okay so someone explain why the Gauntlet is so good. I've been getting my rear end kicked by them while driving the Dominator like 10 Muscle-class races in a row.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Policenaut posted:

Okay so someone explain why the Gauntlet is so good. I've been getting my rear end kicked by them while driving the Dominator like 10 Muscle-class races in a row.

The Gauntlet has slightly better "brakes" and "handling" stats, but identical acceleration and top speed. As a result it's slightly better with perfect driving in some course designs.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

The Gauntlet has slightly better "brakes" and "handling" stats, but identical acceleration and top speed. As a result it's slightly better with perfect driving in some course designs.

Aight that makes sense, how about the Dukes? I'm seeing more than a few people popping off over that thing, is it worth getting over the Gauntlet or should I just buy that instead.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Policenaut posted:

Aight that makes sense, how about the Dukes? I'm seeing more than a few people popping off over that thing, is it worth getting over the Gauntlet or should I just buy that instead.

The Dukes performs basically the same as the Gauntlet and Dominator.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Policenaut posted:

It's not? If you want to be actually competitive you likely need a Dominator or Ruiner.

I made reference to this in the thread but it looks like the list in the OP wasn't swayed. The Gauntlet used to be acceptable but thy changed the game so that spoilers actually increased traction. The Blade, Ruiner and Dominator all can take spoilers while the Gauntlet cannot, meaning the gauntlet is now down in traction by comparison without gaining anything for it, making it less competetive.

The base stats of the car are totally irrelevant compared to how it actually behaves when tuned, and it's kind of hosed. For example a heavier car can have a higher traction rating and still not handle as well as a lighter car with a lower handling stat. Some cars gain entirely different stats when they equip the same upgrades compared to others. Some cars can have the same handling stat but worse front to rear weight distribution and balance so the rear end end slides out more causing slower cornering. The Blista/Issi is a good comparison for that. Essentially identically stats but the Issi is far more likely to lose it's poo poo and swing it's rear end out on a corner. Likewise the Ruiner is more stable in corners than the Dominator.

A Dominator when driven properly has an edge over the Gauntlet but it has a higher barrier to driving skill because it has a loose rear end end. The Gauntlet I never really see used in actual competitive racing.

Rule of thumb is that for shorter races with lots of sharp corners use a Blade, for longer races with long straights and sweeping corners use a Dominator/Ruiner. The Blade has higher acceleration and lower top speed while the Dominator/Ruiner has higher top speed with worse acceleration.

I'm not really sure where the Dukes falls yet. I haven't used mine in really competitive racing yet.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 12, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

BitBasher posted:

Rule of thumb is that for shorter races with lots of sharp corners use a Gauntlet, for longer races with long straights and sweeping corners use a Dominator/Ruiner. The Gauntlet has higher acceleration and lower top speed while the Dominator/gauntlet has higher top speed with worse acceleration.

Alright, so Dominator/Gauntlet is sort of like the Akuma/Bati situation then? I guess I could hold onto the Dominator then and pick up a Gauntlet for those shorter races while learning how to handle a Dominator. Thanks guys.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Policenaut posted:

Alright, so Dominator/Gauntlet is sort of like the Akuma/Bati situation then? I guess I could hold onto the Dominator then and pick up a Gauntlet for those shorter races while learning how to handle a Dominator. Thanks guys.

Yeah definitely.

Dominator's also better for driving around the city.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Pick up a Blade for the shorter races. I hosed that post all up and I am correcting it now. There's no real reason to own a Gauntlet.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 12, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Bad comparison because the Akuma beats every motorcycle in every category, including top speed.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

If you want to go into a private session I can let you drive a maxxed out Blade, Ruiner, or Dukes (or Sabre Turbo) on PS4 sometime to get a feel for them.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I really wish I could get glass panels in the T-top for my bitchin' Ruiner

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Funny story, you can now on PS4. I replaced my solid panel version with a glass panel version as soon as I saw it, and that's the one on my garage right now. I'm fairly positive they didn't exist on previous gen versions.

EDIT: I'll post a snapmatic of it tomorrow.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 12, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nintendo Kid posted:

I had them on my Phoenix and it ruled hard.

I have the Ruiner with the panels removed and I wish it would spawn with the windows down.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Funny story, you can now on PS4. I replaced my solid panel version with a glass panel version as soon as I saw it, and that's the one on my garage right now. I'm fairly positive they didn't exist on previous gen versions.

EDIT: I'll post a snapmatic of it tomorrow.

Nope, they're on last gen too. My ruiner's got glass roof panels. I did spend a couple months without it, though, since I didn't know they were even encounter-able in free roam.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey I'm online and could use some late night lljk'ers

Psn: TheDukeChin

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
First person bus rides with a bunch of goons are a laugh, that was a good time last night except for me having that stupid network error every half hour or so.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Bought a dodo; regret nothing.

Float on everything.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I am glad to see that as a returning player the online matchmaking is still poo poo. Every time I login I end up in an empty server.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I am glad to see that as a returning player the online matchmaking is still poo poo. Every time I login I end up in an empty server.

I am now able to login to a full server, but when we finish up jobs and go back to free roam I end up alone a good majority of the time.

Other than last night and one other time, I really haven't noticed a ton of lag - so that has improved a bit.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Nope, they're on last gen too. My ruiner's got glass roof panels. I did spend a couple months without it, though, since I didn't know they were even encounter-able in free roam.

Really? In something ridiculous like 25 days of played time I had never, ever seen one in last gen.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Kelly posted:

I am now able to login to a full server, but when we finish up jobs and go back to free roam I end up alone a good majority of the time.

Other than last night and one other time, I really haven't noticed a ton of lag - so that has improved a bit.

I only get into servers with people after completing a job. Then I play for 10 mins and lose connection.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I only get into servers with people after completing a job. Then I play for 10 mins and lose connection.

I haven't had that issue since they "straightened things out" but if you read the support forums (or Reddit even) there are still tons of people having issues.

There are also already people in the PS4 in God mode. We saw a lvl 10 last night who was invulnerable in his car.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Half way to being able to afford a tank. If I keep up a decent pace, I can probably afford it in 2 weeks(this includes time for blowing up pubbies for several hours). I just tried doing the suicide bomb last night. It somehow seems fitting with the huge grenade logo on the back of my jacket.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I haven't had that issue since they "straightened things out" but if you read the support forums (or Reddit even) there are still tons of people having issues.

There are also already people in the PS4 in God mode. We saw a lvl 10 last night who was invulnerable in his car.

That was just annoying. I don't know if it was god mode or just some sort of error with Passive Mode. Half the time it seems that the passive icon doesn't even show up for some players. This player was not firing at anybody; he wasn't transparent, you couldn't lock on to him and could not damage him or his vehicle (I even rode around with him and did a suicide grenade on us - nothing), but he could run you over.

Whatever he was doing, intentional or not it stopped and we then could take him down again.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

im pooping! posted:

Half way to being able to afford a tank. If I keep up a decent pace, I can probably afford it in 2 weeks(this includes time for blowing up pubbies for several hours). I just tried doing the suicide bomb last night. It somehow seems fitting with the huge grenade logo on the back of my jacket.

If want a taste with a rental, visit and revisit the helipads until a Cargobob spawns and then fly to the base while it is daylight and visit and visit the base until a tank spawns. Then, turn on Lester's blind eye and yank the tank out of the base. I'm not sure how you would get the current gunner out of the tank but maybe dipping the tank in the water until he drowns might work. Or maybe the game would let you just pull him out. Anyway, after that, it's yours for the session.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I just regret we didn't get the Bus/Cargobob combo going last night because the game likes to change where a Pegasus vehicle is spawned just as you arrive at it's initial spawn location.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Wait, so there's actually a (non-cosmetic) point to spoilers now?

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

crazysim posted:

If want a taste with a rental, visit and revisit the helipads until a Cargobob spawns and then fly to the base while it is daylight and visit and visit the base until a tank spawns. Then, turn on Lester's blind eye and yank the tank out of the base. I'm not sure how you would get the current gunner out of the tank but maybe dipping the tank in the water until he drowns might work. Or maybe the game would let you just pull him out. Anyway, after that, it's yours for the session.

Set the tank down in a tennis court so they can't drive away. Sometimes I have had the driver freak out and get out of the tank when I set him in there. I usually use the rooftop ones at the in university.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Wait, so there's actually a (non-cosmetic) point to spoilers now?

Yes and it's a shame because spoilers are stupid and gay.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Installing suitcases and crap atop a Panto increases handling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My modded except for turbo akuma just got rinsed by some guy on a sanchez. I'm starting to think I am just such a terrible driver I can't achieve top speed whilst on a straight freeway with no traffic interference going in a perfectly straight line because this poo poo is silly.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Bobtista posted:

My modded except for turbo akuma just got rinsed by some guy on a sanchez. I'm starting to think I am just such a terrible driver I can't achieve top speed whilst on a straight freeway with no traffic interference going in a perfectly straight line because this poo poo is silly.

Are you tucking when you're going straight? It makes a big difference.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
There's also the turbo bug too on next-gen. That hasn't been fixed yet, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

im pooping! posted:

Are you tucking when you're going straight? It makes a big difference.

Tucking as in leaning forward on the stick or tucking as in using the newly added duck button? The former yes, the latter no because I have no idea where that button went after I switched back to alternate handbrake because who the gently caress puts the handbrake on R1 with the accelerator on R2

• Locked thread