Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Zamboni Jesus posted:

pittsburgh seems like they're decimated by injuries every year somehow. also as long as they have crosby and malkin one or both of them can go nuts in a 7 game series and they can beat anyone, especially if MAF can avoid having his usual playoff meltdown.

It wasn't that long ago they lost to... :laugh: ... Philadelphia in 6.

God those were some great playoffs... up until the end.

e: Then again that series included ridiculous score lines, so point still valid.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the bruins suck poo poo now and I hate it

No see this is actually a great and wonderful thing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope they suck for the rest of the season and tank so hard they get Eichel or McDavid, who they will eventually trade because he is too good at scoring points, this is my wish for the Bruins

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

e: gently caress wrong thread

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chicago could have just not played the 3rd. And very nearly didn't.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hope they suck for the rest of the season and tank so hard they get Eichel or McDavid, who they will eventually trade because he is too good at scoring points, this is my wish for the Bruins

Is Marchand still leading the team with 6 or 7 goals? I figure he's on the trading block, guy can't play in the system. He's obviously scoring too much.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Chicago could have just not played the 3rd. And very nearly didn't.

They didn't play the second either, they just got those three lucky goals that the Bruins couldn't come back from.

They made a huge mistake gooning it up in the 3rd, that's just playing to Boston's strengths and it almost cost them the game.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the bruins suck poo poo now and I hate it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

darkwolf220 posted:

What is Edmonton going to do with yet another talented forward? That would make 5 and they still are finishing dead last. I guess try and move Yak, but he would not have near the same trade value.

Mcdavid is a little bit different than just another talented forward. What would Edmonton do with the most hyped prospect since Tavares? I wonder...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's my favorite goal of the year. Kane sitting on the goal line, mishandling the puck twice before he gets a shot off. 6 Bruins loving frozen in their tracks with an "OHHHHH FUDDDDDGEE" expression like the kid in christmas story.

I wonder what the conversation was like back at the bench. "So which one of you fuckers were supposed to be covering one of the best snipers in the game?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pfft, he's only hit 30 once.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zamboni Jesus posted:

pittsburgh seems like they're decimated by injuries every year somehow. also as long as they have crosby and malkin one or both of them can go nuts in a 7 game series and they can beat anyone, especially if MAF can avoid having his usual playoff meltdown.

Yeah the Pens always get hit hard by injuries.

I think they can beat anybody too. As usual they could use top six help. Spaling is not good, and with Dupuis out long term and Bennett made of glass they probably need two top six forwards, not one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Pfft, he's only hit 30 once.

Well, put it this way. You have these players on the ice:

Brad Richards
Kris Versteeg
Patrick Kane
Brent Seabrook
Klas Dahlbeck

What's the one name in that list that you make sure that someone is covering every microsecond of your shift?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

Well, put it this way. You have these players on the ice:

Brad Richards
Kris Versteeg
Patrick Kane
Brent Seabrook
Klas Dahlbeck

What's the one name in that list that you make sure that someone is covering every microsecond of your shift?

Trick question, collapse to the net.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
It appears that they shoved Rask out of the way

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Levitate posted:

Is that what happens when a team "turns on their goalie"?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Local sports radio bitching about how every time the Flames win the "corsi battle" they lose the game so why does everyone talk about advanced stats cause they're dumb. Ignoring the fact that maybe just maaaaaybe Josh Jooris may not always score on every 4th shot on net. Also Karri Ramo posting a .789 last night may also be a contributing factor.

Oh no we're regressing to the mean.... REGRESSING TO THE MEAN.

Hold me Johnny Hockey...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Misanthrope posted:

REGRESSING TO THE MEAN.

Sounds like a job for John Scott.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
If Bobrovsky plays like that this rest of the year he'll deserve the Vezina. gently caress that goofy grin.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Matt Belesky now has as many goals as Corey Perry. :lol:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The video is even better. It's like watching a video game highlight where the AI doesn't know what to do and all the players just wobble around inside the net.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Levitate posted:

They didn't want him to get hit with the puck, just in case he got injured. Being a Bruins fan is weird this season. It almost feels like the Kasper years.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Cory Conacher on waivers again

a free Ben Bishop :smithicide:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

The Dirty Burger posted:

Yeah, that really sucks. I mean, who would have thought that Conacher would have fallen this far off a cliff, and who would have thought Bishop would actually turn into a good goalie?

At the time of the trade, it seemed pretty good. Tampa needed a goalie, and Ottawa needed somebody else to help carry the offensive load besides Spezza's line. Reminder that Conacher was in the mix for Calder for roughly half his rookie season.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Jesse Joensuu assigned to....SC Bern in the Swiss-A league?

Sure.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Also Tim Thompson (the CBC montage guy) did a Beliveau tribute

http://vimeo.com/114060590

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah, that really sucks. I mean, who would have thought that Conacher would have fallen this far off a cliff, and who would have thought Bishop would actually turn into a good goalie?

At the time of the trade, it seemed pretty good. Tampa needed a goalie, and Ottawa needed somebody else to help carry the offensive load besides Spezza's line. Reminder that Conacher was in the mix for Calder for roughly half his rookie season.

Plenty of people thought Bishop was a legitimately good goalie, while Conacher's Calder level numbers iirc came while he was being played on TB's top line. Him falling off as much as he has may be surprising, but the rest of it...

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
That collar man...

Just don't know 'bout that collar.

Edit: at least there aren't any front numbers.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Anaheim has played 30 games, and 20 of them have been decided by one goal. None of those 20 have resulted in a regulation loss (15-0-5). They are 4-6 in games decided by more than one goal.

The best team in the NHL, folks.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

LumpyGumby posted:

That collar man...

Ugly jersey, ugly "uniform system"

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

That collar man...

If that collar is part of the jersey (and not some undershirt) it's terrible. The rest of it is incredible, though. Unf.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Im actually kind of sad to see Conacher fall as much as he did, he looked really promising, almost like another Theo. Ottawa broke him and you cant convince me otherwise. :mad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was already falling off before the trade.

(Please stop changing fonts, Lowtax.)

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

The best team in the NHL, folks.

Nope.

Also winning that many 1-goal games is generally not a trend that any team continues. Ask the Avalanche.

Soal_Fish
Jul 20, 2004

yes its Soal not Soul but oh well

The Dirty Burger posted:

God drat I wish Tambo had traded for him. I think they were offering Ryan Jones & a mid-round pick or something?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Mind_Taker posted:

Nope.

Also winning that many 1-goal games is generally not a trend that any team continues. Ask the Avalanche.

:thejoke:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Nope.

That was heavy handed enough that I'm pretty sure he was

Yeah, that.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Have we talked about this yet?

Sid lookin a lil' mumpy.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Nothing on his throat though, where mumps normally puff you up. Looks like a dental abscess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Apparently it's not related to the mumps. What the hell else could it be?

• Locked thread