Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Perdido posted:

It could be lupus.

It's never lupus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Perdido posted:

It could be lupus.

It's never lupus

edit: god drat it

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rene Bork posted:

Kings are slumping pretty bad tbh. I fell better about this game already, knowing PK doesn't have the mumps.

What with the strategic farting I feel like throwing up on the other team would be another string to his bow anyway

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Eh, Hartnell doesn't have anything else to do for the next 3 weeks, with a broken finger and all...

Just when you think it's over.

e- Fedor Tyutin could be back Tuesday vs. Detroit. That'd give the CBJ a Top 6 of JMFJ/Tyutin/Wisniewski/Leopold/Prout/probably Connauton, with Erixon and Savard as extras and Murray still on the shelf. Could have a glut of healthy D, especially when Goloubef has to come up from his conditioning stint.

Silver lining, or some sort of sick one-for-one hostage swap program from the injury bug?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 13, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Wings lose in a shoutout? Huh, that's weird.
Weiss injured? Huh, that's weird.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Don't gloss over the fact that the Sharks stadium series jersey seems to have a "hexagon effect" applied to the logo.

Hexagons are the new Chrome

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Oh, NHL headline writer :allears:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

So what's the next childhood disease epidemic? I vote chicken pox wanna see all those guys skatin around with pocks on they face.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid tonight, 32/34. Dany Heatley was super loving bad goddamn. Why is he still given money to play hockey?

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Dyslexia and ear infections.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Is there a website that logs NHL man games lost? I wanna see how the mumps are fairing versus hot brain.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Spamtron7000 posted:

Lice could be fun.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Spamtron7000 posted:

Can't wait to see Disney Broscy play a game

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Tangradi sent down to Hamilton. Andrighetto gonna stay with the Habs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Suspicious posted:

AHL might be a little too high for Tangradi.

Does Montreal have a SPHL affiliate?

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Tanner Glass is a healthy scratch tomorrow vs Vancouver. Start planning the parade

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
“I feel like I’ve said this eight times this year. A couple bad shifts killed us. Two Grade A chances at the start of the (second),” said Taylor Hall, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.

they're so close.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im really starting to wonder if the Oilers are just trolling the NHL at this point. Nobody can be that bad for that long without ever showing signs of change or improvement.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Glambags posted:

Tanner Glass is a healthy scratch tomorrow vs Vancouver. Start planning the parade

Hallelujah

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I dunno if it was just the clip on sportsnet but Fasth getting pulled and screaming at Eakins while Eakins stared at his shoes owned

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Glambags posted:

The rangers are playing hockey games? I had completely forgotten.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

grack posted:

Does Montreal have a SPHL affiliate?

I am amazed that the SPHL is still a thing.

In any event, wouldn't it be easier to just stash him in the LNAH, with the added benefit of getting the crap beat out of him on a nightly basis?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Time for my weekly Aaron Ekblad is amazing post. He's amazing. 18 points in 27 games, he's been playing a lot of minutes, including over 26 tonight. He's +7 and has killer possession numbers. What a loving beast.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

LumpyGumby posted:

That collar man...

Just don't know 'bout that collar.

Edit: at least there aren't any front numbers.

Vlasic on SJ's #StadiumSeries jersey: "It looks OK. They probably took a lot of time to decide how it's going to look ... "

" ... and i respect the process, but if I had to give my opinion. I don't know if it's teal or black," Vlasic said. #SJSharks

Vlasic, "It's a jersey that we're going to wear once that I'll probably never buy." Told SJ will wear jerseys more than once, "We will?"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carbon fiber pattern to make the logo look more prominent?

:what:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Furnaceface posted:

Im really starting to wonder if the Oilers are just trolling the NHL at this point. Nobody can be that bad for that long without ever showing signs of change or improvement.

the oilers don't even seem to be trying to improve. They're all in on mcdavid

example: kyle "nhl centreman" chipchura was on waivers a few days ago. with gordon out for who knows how long and a centre depth chart of nuge and not a whole lot else you'd figure he would be a no brainer pickup to at least stem the bleeding. 28 years old, 6.02 205 local boy, more nhl games than the rest of the oilers non-gordon centres combined, for free. nope.

draisaitl needs to go back to junior in a bad way

e: its hard to blame eakins when mact seemingly refuses to get him actual nhl players

fits fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 13, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Krime posted:

Oh, NHL headline writer :allears:

Ha, I bet every time December rolls around they hope he does something good.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

tofes posted:

Vlasic on SJ's #StadiumSeries jersey: "It looks OK. They probably took a lot of time to decide how it's going to look ... "

" ... and i respect the process, but if I had to give my opinion. I don't know if it's teal or black," Vlasic said. #SJSharks

Vlasic, "It's a jersey that we're going to wear once that I'll probably never buy." Told SJ will wear jerseys more than once, "We will?"

:lol: but seriously, Vlasic, stick to hockey, because those jerseys own. I look forward to seeing them multiple times this season.

Hey, maybe if they win the outdoor game, they'll consider wearing them in the playoffs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Philadelphia turned their WC jerseys into a primary so it's certainly possible.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Krime posted:

Don't gloss over the fact that the Sharks stadium series jersey seems to have a "hexagon effect" applied to the logo.

Hexagons are the new Chrome

Also that "This is sharks territory" line on the inside of the collar.

Man, this hanger effect bullshit needs to stop.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jovial Cow posted:

The rangers are playing hockey games? I had completely forgotten.

There's a 3-day hiatus after the western Canada swing

And then another one for Christmas

Some scheduling this is

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo sids face

How is the mumps still a thing, I thought we vaccinated everyone for it. Can I blame jenny McCarthy for this one too? Should I be worried about the mumps? Do I need a booster shot? Note: I am not a professional athlete nor do I visit professional athlete locker rooms

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

The Bruins were worse for longer before Bobby Orr saved everything. Devils and Panthers were also. Nothing however compares both in length and severity of ineptitude of the Capitals from their inception to when they finally made the playoffs. THAT is the standard for bad NHL hockey right there.

edit - also the Rangers basically from WWII through the early 70s never got out of the first round of the playoffs despite the league being only 6 teams for nearly all of that time.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 13, 2014

charsiu
Mar 10, 2012
I can't remember who requested the Mats Zuccarello Beginnings episode, but I found it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf0xuc0QbqY

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Suspicious posted:

Praise Allah

Sciserf
Nov 18, 2012

myron cope posted:

Holy poo poo sids face

How is the mumps still a thing, I thought we vaccinated everyone for it. Can I blame jenny McCarthy for this one too? Should I be worried about the mumps? Do I need a booster shot? Note: I am not a professional athlete nor do I visit professional athlete locker rooms

I mean, you wouldn't exactly be wrong. McCarthy and the anti-vaxxer movement are pretty popular down in SoCal.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I take back all the things I've said about firing Maclean and making Dave Cameron HC

quote:

@Citizenkwarren: Wiercioch in for Phillips. Coach's decision. #sens

:vince:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Sciserf posted:

I mean, you wouldn't exactly be wrong. McCarthy and the anti-vaxxer movement are pretty popular down in SoCal.

I'm 100% certain that's how all of this started. Rates of mumps, measles and rubella in SoCal are at fuckin' 1930's levels.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

It's been a while since we had an oilers.gif:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Holy poo poo :lol: