Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ayn rand hand job posted:

which if you think about it would be a good alternate name for tcc
Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

bucketmouse posted:

proclick as gently caress

this is brian boyko levels of not understanding your audience
thank you for reminding me of the gift of bryan boyko, the second most entertaining thing to happen since bitcoin

the whole bfl thing is probably for the best, they're going to think they're invincible and get hosed twice as hard in the end

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Chocobo posted:

thank you for reminding me of the gift of bryan boyko, the second most entertaining thing to happen since bitcoin

the whole bfl thing is probably for the best, they're going to think they're invincible and get hosed twice as hard in the end

either that or pull a roger ver

so eh, comedy either way but i really would have liked to see some kind of comeuppance

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So is there a sci-fi libertarian story where people have small bombs inserted into their brains so that they get blown-up if they ever break a contract? Because, holy poo poo, these people and their loving all-mighty contracts are dumb as gently caress.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

also lol "people will do what profits them the most"

you know what's really profitable?? stealing poo poo and not getting caught

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

humans aren't AI designed to process market data and pursue a bottom line

also not pursuing immediate profit is frequently a good business decision in many contexts

these people are a blight

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they say crime doesn't pay, but it actually does, really, really well

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

whos bryan boyko

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I've said it before in these threads but the libertarian man child dream can only exist in virtual contexts where death pain slavery addiction etc can't exist

also people can only make informed decisions with good information

it is frequently a profitable decision to limit speech and information through force, legal trickery or otherwise

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

vOv posted:

whos bryan boyko

some dude who ran some crowdfunding for a superpac and got paid millions of dollars

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vOv posted:

whos bryan boyko

Good job missing the best tread of the year you scrub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANFn8IoqYs

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

some dude who ran some crowdfunding for a superpac and got paid millions of dollars
wait what i thought he was just some brony dipshit who was going to save america :psyduck:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 14, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wait what i thought he was just some brony dipshit who was going to save america :psyduck:

he raised about $9 million

all but one of the pac's candidates lost

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

he raised about $9 million

all but one of the pac's candidates lost
oh my god

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hey

they elected two candidates (out of eight)

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wait what i thought he was just some brony dipshit :psyduck:
these two things are not exclusive

aspergers-having bitcoin-supporting online-adult-roleplay-addicted friendzoned brony redditor social media expert who used his real name everywhere he went and then decided to go into politics

someone else finish the list

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apparently $9 million just wasn't enough to get money out of politics

who knew?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chocobo posted:

aspergers-having bitcoin-supporting online-adult-roleplay-addicted friendzoned brony redditor social media expert who used his real name everywhere he went and then decided to go into politics

this is brilliant btw. ain't no one going to dig up a scandal that'll sink him with all that out in the open. he's loving bulletproof

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Greyhawk posted:

ah yes that horrible place to live in called switzerland

I've lived in Switzerland, and it is actually kind of a shithole surrounded by pretty nice countries.

Racism is extremely prevalent there, especially against blacks and muslims)

The cost of living is extremely high, with Bern, Geneva, and Zurich all in the top 5 of most expensive cities in the world

It has some of the worst climate in that part of Europe, a long and wet winter surrounded by mountains that make the days even shorter than usual

It's basically a military state; mandatory military service, periodic military retraining, and even the guy who checks your bus ticket carries a huge assault rifle

A lot of people get it confused with Sweden, which by all accounts is a pretty awesome country. I'd much rather live in Somalia, where I can live in libertopia and be truly free (from my possessions)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

QuarkJets posted:

A lot of people get it confused with Sweden
i could understand if this was just some austria/australia name thing but are you telling me that people actually think that sweden is part of scandinavia or is otherwise sweden-like in substance??? :pwn:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 14, 2014

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i could understand if this was some austria/australia name thing but are you telling me that people actually think that sweden is part of scandinavia??

It's just a name thing. A lot of people don't know the difference between Switzerland and Sweden, or Greenland and Iceland. People are stupid (examples: libertarianism, ancap libertarianism, bitcoin)

Those same people would probably think that Scandanavia is a country in eastern europe or something

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah, a lot of people don't know the difference between Switzerland and Sweden, or Greenland and Iceland. People are stupid (examples: libertarianism, ancap libertarianism, bitcoin)
i edited my post while you were typing that. please respond to my new version, im literally shakeing here.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i could understand if this was just some austria/australia name thing but are you telling me that people actually think that sweden is part of scandinavia or is otherwise sweden-like in substance??? :pwn:

a lot of people think that Sweden is part of Scandinavia.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I've lived in Switzerland, and it is actually kind of a shithole surrounded by pretty nice countries.

Racism is extremely prevalent there, especially against blacks and muslims)

The cost of living is extremely high, with Bern, Geneva, and Zurich all in the top 5 of most expensive cities in the world

It has some of the worst climate in that part of Europe, a long and wet winter surrounded by mountains that make the days even shorter than usual

It's basically a military state; mandatory military service, periodic military retraining, and even the guy who checks your bus ticket carries a huge assault rifle

A lot of people get it confused with Sweden, which by all accounts is a pretty awesome country. I'd much rather live in Somalia, where I can live in libertopia and be truly free (from my possessions)

lol, who'd confuse Sweden with a country that has mandatory military service, periodic military retraining and long winters with short days. Next you'll be telling me they think Swedens neighboring countries are nicer than Sweden.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Management posted:

a lot of people think that Sweden is part of Scandinavia.
oh no

in fairness i moved a lot of poo poo around in that sentence and i swear that i originally had switzerland there

i leave it as it is in penance

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Mido posted:

I've said it before in these threads but the libertarian man child dream can only exist in virtual contexts where death pain slavery addiction etc can't exist

also people can only make informed decisions with good information

it is frequently a profitable decision to limit speech and information through force, legal trickery or otherwise

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh no

in fairness i moved a lot of poo poo around in that sentence and i swear that i originally had switzerland there

i leave it as it is in penance

Is this a joke that's going over my head how is Sweden not a part of Scandinavia it's even in wikipedia. You made me look up on wikipedia whether the country I sailed to on Scandinavian Cruises was part of Scandinavia

e: I just woke up from a nap and whoops I missed who was confused here

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Krinkle posted:

You made me look up on wikipedia whether the country I sailed to on Scandinavian Cruises was part of Scandinavia

prepare to have your mind blown: you can fly to china on american airlines

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Soricidus posted:

prepare to have your mind blown: you can fly to china on american airlines
on the other hand you cannot sail to switzerland on any cruise fleet

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

on the other hand you cannot sail to switzerland on any cruise fleet

http://www.vikingrivercruises.co.uk/cruise-destinations/europe/countries/switzerland/index.html

:colbert:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
touché

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNo8ld7ak8w

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
For Bitcoin newbies: A table showing why Bitcoin is the best form of money

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Secure - be your own bank!

Non-consumable - isn't bitcoin totally consumable in that you can destroy it a lot more easily than you can gold?

And if bitcoin is programmable, then doesn't that mean it's not fungible?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

i'm the traditional traits of currency that didn't exist until bitcoin

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bitcoint isn't programmable either, in fact it's really lovely for things like recurring payments or loans

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

what happens to all those bitcoin dust tips people made if the price keeps going down is it eventually going to be where someone has eleven billion individual motes of bitcoin trying to buy one fleshlight and bitpay is like "gently caress you I'm processing eleven billion quintillionths of a penny transactions on a fifteen cent commission get the gently caress outta here with your internet equivalent of a dumptruck of pennies".

I mean they say bitcoin is fungible but it's not. Some coins are tainted as carrying stolen tags, and if someone offers you one bitcoin shiny and new, and another offers you a bitcoin in eleven thousand chunks the one is going to be infinitely more attractive than the one in pieces, as is my understanding.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 14, 2014

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Krinkle posted:

what happens to all those bitcoin dust tips people made if the price keeps going down is it eventually going to be where someone has eleven billion individual motes of bitcoin trying to buy one fleshlight and bitpay is like "gently caress you I'm processing eleven billion quintillionths of a penny transactions on a fifteen cent commission get the gently caress outta here with your internet equivalent of a dumptruck of pennies".

I mean they say bitcoin is fungible but it's not. Some coins are tainted as carrying stolen tags, and if someone offers you one bitcoin shiny and new, and another offers you a bitcoin in eleven thousand chunks the one is going to be infinitely more attractive than the one in pieces, as is my understanding.
the private key to satoshi's wallet is worth way, way more to these idiots than the market value of the butts it holds

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

For Bitcoin newbies: A table showing why Bitcoin is the best form of money

"traditionally recognized traits" such as "decentralized" and "programmable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Krinkle posted:

no bitcoins have notes on them, only transactions can have that and noone cares to track tags on transactions coins may have been associated with

• Locked thread