Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Is Kei's Very Lucky skill stackable with Luck/Bless in Z1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Davzz posted:

Hitler is angry about SRW Tengoku-Hen

BONUS: Japanese Hitler is also angry about Tengoku-Hen

Didn't even realize that meme actually existed in Japan.

I think it's a pretty good sum-off of people's grievances towards the announcement, "justified" or not.

You know, its kind of weird but I don't think I've ever been linked one of those videos without getting at least a slight snicker out of it. Maybe its just because of hitler throwing a temper tantrum, but its always funny.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Race Realists posted:

Is Kei's Very Lucky skill stackable with Luck/Bless in Z1?

No.

The cash bonus for being an Ace doesn't stack with Luck/bless either (though it does with Very Lucky)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
gently caress

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
You know what would be cool? I've been listening to a podcast called Nightvale lately that uses the podcast format to basically tell an episodic story (I'm sure there's plenty more podcasts that do this, this is just the first one I've heard that is done this way). It got me thinking about all those original SRW game ideas people post in this thread with their ideal mashups. Wouldn't it be cool or at least interesting if someone made a podcast that was the audio-log of a SRW OC? I mean an original one, from a fan-conceived SRW story. So they'd keep an audio-journal of all the political maneuverings and battles and all their meetings with the casts of the different anime involved. Personally I think it'd be awesome to listen to something like that as long as the person making the podcast didn't have an annoying voice and had some idea how to structure their 'entries' to make them sound both believable (as in someone would actually say something into an audio-log in that way) and interesting.

Something to consider, if you're sitting on a fully fleshed-out SRW storyline idea.

Edit: My first entry would be the OC meeting Shippon and Arisu on their way up to Stellvia because there's a secret mech being developed there for the OC to pilot to counter a mysterious threat that may be coming with the 2nd Impact (the Stellvia impact, not the Eva one). See in the 1st Impact (which destroyed the Moon, turning it into kompeito so I can set up Xenoglossia) there was a message hidden among the supernova blast believed to be sent by extra-dimensional beings freed by the supernova of Hydrus Beta.

Man I wish I had a good voice for podcasts. Or the time and attention necessary to set up an entire SRW plot and all the relevant anime references and stuff.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 14, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

An audio fanfic sounds like a great idea.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Have it be Crowe's audio logs and nothing is actually correct.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Getsuya posted:

You know what would be cool? I've been listening to a podcast called Nightvale lately that uses the podcast format to basically tell an episodic story (I'm sure there's plenty more podcasts that do this, this is just the first one I've heard that is done this way). It got me thinking about all those original SRW game ideas people post in this thread with their ideal mashups. Wouldn't it be cool or at least interesting if someone made a podcast that was the audio-log of a SRW OC? I mean an original one, from a fan-conceived SRW story. So they'd keep an audio-journal of all the political maneuverings and battles and all their meetings with the casts of the different anime involved. Personally I think it'd be awesome to listen to something like that as long as the person making the podcast didn't have an annoying voice and had some idea how to structure their 'entries' to make them sound both believable (as in someone would actually say something into an audio-log in that way) and interesting.

Something to consider, if you're sitting on a fully fleshed-out SRW storyline idea.

Welcome to Night Vale is made by front page author maxnmona, if you didn't already know.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm afraid fanfiction is not cool.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
By that logic SRW isn't cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Srice posted:

I'm afraid fanfiction is not cool.

You are posting in a SRW thread.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah that was pretty much my logic when thinking about it. I mean for any other fandom it'd be kind of lame, just having a person talking about big happenings and how they met all the characters. But SRW glorifies the whole 'and then this character you all know and love did that thing from that one episode that was so awesome!' mentality, so I think it would lend itself pretty well to the self-insert audio fanfiction format.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
By the way, I feel like I need to laugh at the irony of having the original Evangelion series do its almost complete plot in every game that it shows up in...

and then fast-forward to the future and Rebuild has never completed its plot once... though of course, that's because the ACTUAL movies aren't done yet and they put it in for popularity anyway.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

You are posting in a SRW thread.

While I am aware of the irony I think there's a world of difference between a company getting all those licenses to do a thing and a podcast that reads fanfiction.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I will listen to your podcast if buff Shinji is a character.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
In my SRW fanfic I am Toei and I interpret every series in a '70s super robot style. Get ready for 90+ stages and monster-of-the-week plots for at least 85 of those stages.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

In my SRW fanfic I am Toei and I interpret every series in a '70s super robot style.
How often does Kouji Kabuto die in Magma?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Davzz posted:

How often does Kouji Kabuto die in Magma?

Every stage is titled "[PROTAGONIST] DIES IN [PREDICAMENT]" and you never know if it's true or not unless that protagonist is Musashi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lelouch lamperouge dies in self-importance

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Haruto dies in complete failure and uselessness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinji Ikari dies in budget

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Chirico Cuvie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daler Mehndi posted:

Chirico Cuvie.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Sounds like it'll come down to just what grotesquely overpowered squad he'll end up using. There's just so many possibilities.

Yeah, the hard part is coming up with a squad with good sustainability. Even weak ALL attacks are either ammo based with 6-8 ammo or cost 30+ EN and that adds up when you only have 3 units to kill everything.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The Ibis in Ibis's head is a dick.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, the hard part is coming up with a squad with good sustainability. Even weak ALL attacks are either ammo based with 6-8 ammo or cost 30+ EN and that adds up when you only have 3 units to kill everything.

Figure out who has free PLA attacks and roll with it that way? They tend to be weak but he does have 15 upgrade slots.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Figure out who has free PLA attacks and roll with it that way? They tend to be weak but he does have 15 upgrade slots.

You can't use PLA attacks on enemy phase and if they plan to get all possible skill points and sub 300 turns they need enemy phase offense.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TFO, Ignore Size, B save and lots of cartridges. :getin:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Gargantia is only unexpected in that Ao and Valvrave were skipped so far. Oh and AGE I guess but who cares

I am super hyped despite the series list. I mean Jesus Banagher HERE WE COME

Also I hope we get the upgraded TTGL stuff again, I'm pretty tired of the old one and we only got the upgraded one for a couple stages

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

WrightOfWay posted:

You can't use PLA attacks on enemy phase and if they plan to get all possible skill points and sub 300 turns they need enemy phase offense.

They're going for all reasonable skill points. Some will be more feasible than others. The point stands regardless!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The real question in my mind is how the gently caress are they going to handle Buster Machine 3

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

dis astranagant posted:

The real question in my mind is how the gently caress are they going to handle Buster Machine 3
That part of Gunbuster's story happened 10,000 years ago and/or in another dimension.

edit: or did I miss a joke?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I misread what game was being LPed and thought some madman was trying to do Alpha 3 with one quad only.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

dis astranagant posted:

I misread what game was being LPed and thought some madman was trying to do Alpha 3 with one quad only.
That's ok I have not a single clue what has been going on for the last page.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dis astranagant posted:

I dunno stick a Zeal caster with a bunch of Hope bots in a squad with Banpreios and it might be possible.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 14, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

I dunno stick a Zeal caster with a bunch of Hope bots in a squad with Banpreios and it might be possible.

Does that mission even have an "Ok, you can stop now." point?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Caros posted:

You know, its kind of weird but I don't think I've ever been linked one of those videos without getting at least a slight snicker out of it. Maybe its just because of hitler throwing a temper tantrum, but its always funny.

I laughed real hard at the Ryuusei bit :v:

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Race Realists posted:

Can anybody tell me if this dude is cheating on this Z1 playthrough I found on NicoNico?

what the gently caress is it with people and lovely srw playthroughs? i can only name like a handful and ALL of them are Japanese only

Oh hey this is from Amino-san. He's done a bunch of other SRW video series, and some other games too. I really liked his two Solo Ramza playthroughs in Final Fantasy Tactics.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

dis astranagant posted:

Does that mission even have an "Ok, you can stop now." point?

It's "hold out for ten turns", isn't it? Or some other timelimit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Gargantia is only unexpected in that Ao and Valvrave were skipped so far. Oh and AGE I guess but who cares

I am super hyped despite the series list. I mean Jesus Banagher HERE WE COME

Also I hope we get the upgraded TTGL stuff again, I'm pretty tired of the old one and we only got the upgraded one for a couple stages

I don't think anyone was expecting AGE, not even the 2 fans of it. The only way they could even think to get AGE to work is to either have it take place across an entire new series (Which they wouldn't put the effort into because AGE) or just doing Memories of Eden, because gently caress Kio.

• Locked thread