Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

how in the world is Alex Tanguay still playing

e: he is only 35?!?!?!?!
He made the NHL as a 19 year old.

Patrick Marleau is Tanguay's age and has played almost 1300 NHL games. He would've been the youngest to 1,000 games if not for the lockout(s).

e: For those of you wondering, the youngest anyone's ever made it to 1,000 games is Dale Hawerchuk at 30 years and 306 days old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Pat Clements posted:

Las Vegas Millionaires or get the gently caress out

But then Jack Johnson could never play for them. :(

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Apparently Joe Pavelski is about to be named the next captain of the Sharks.

Joe Thornton's been our best player all season, but good for Pavs I guess?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Pat Clements posted:

Apparently Joe Pavelski is about to be named the next captain of the Sharks.

Joe Thornton's been our best player all season, but good for Pavs I guess?

I love pavelski so I'll take it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Gonna be sick when they lose in the 1st round and have a new #1 choice for scapegoat.

Also, https://vine.co/v/O6FAUPLdbmA

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 14, 2014

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The Penguins don't have a game on Sunday until the middle of January (the 18th). I don't just mean from now, I mean they haven't played a Sunday game yet this season. Odd.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Ducks won a game by more than a single goal (not including EN)?! :eyepop:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha, holy poo poo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Sabres have won 9 of their last 12 and only one of their losses was by more than one goal

If arizona wins tonight there will be a six point gap betwen 28th and tied-at-19-points 29th/30th canes/oilers

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Holy poo poo, that's what he was apologizing for? How does a line like that pop into your head and make you think "Yeah, that's good, I should say this on TV."

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
http://gfycat.com/CleverRelievedGoldfinch

brendan smith: big shithead baby

probably deserves a fine/suspension. unless using your stick as a weapon is ok, which is probably is.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus beats Pittsburgh in OT.

It should come as a surprise to no one that yet another CBJ/PIT game ends with a 4-3 tally.

Six game win streak. :getin:

Also, refs are bad.

e-

quote:

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 30s31 seconds ago
#CBJ won six of their first 23 games. Since then, six straight wins. #peanutgallerytweet

Jesus Christ.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 14, 2014

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.

Pat Clements posted:

Las Vegas Millionaires or get the gently caress out

Honestly, the Canucks would try to veto any team using Millionaires. Not sure if they'd win, but they'd definitely make a big stink about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trevor Bird posted:

http://gfycat.com/CleverRelievedGoldfinch

brendan smith: big shithead baby

probably deserves a fine/suspension. unless using your stick as a weapon is ok, which is probably is.

Corey Perry does that 19 times a game. He won't get poo poo.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
bringing ted nolan back as coach doesn't seem like the craziest idea in the world all the sudden

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
yeah i'm pumped they're going to miss out on a generational superstar, draft 5th and be saddled with a poo poo coach for 5 more years

:suicide:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Steve Downie got two separate ten-minute misconducts tonight, 29 PIMs in all.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
It must be maddening to be a Sabres fan. The team's underlying possession numbers are historically awful but they keep bumbling their way to one goal victories and are heading right out of the McEichel race. As a Canes fan, I know the feeling quite well. I really hope my team can fully commit to tanking because I'm loving sick of .500 seasons that result in playoff misses but only drafting in the 7-8th slot.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Chuch posted:

It must be maddening to be a Sabres fan. The team's underlying possession numbers are historically awful but they keep bumbling their way to one goal victories and are heading right out of the McEichel race. As a Canes fan, I know the feeling quite well. I really hope my team can fully commit to tanking because I'm loving sick of .500 seasons that result in playoff misses but only drafting in the 7-8th slot.

Yeah, the saving grace is that it's not sustainable based on the numbers.

Sciserf
Nov 18, 2012

fits posted:

Sabres have won 9 of their last 12 and only one of their losses was by more than one goal

If arizona wins tonight there will be a six point gap betwen 28th and tied-at-19-points 29th/30th canes/oilers

:laffo: arizona loses in the shootout, I guess it just wasn't meant to be

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

FYI Ryan Miller is the worst goaltender in the league.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

as bad as his stats are tonight, I think he takes a lot less blame than usual. the rangers had roughly six 3-on-1s and a 4-on-2 over the first thirty minutes, and three of the four goals came on those breaks

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

as bad as his stats are tonight, I think he takes a lot less blame than usual. the rangers had roughly six 3-on-1s and a 4-on-2 over the first thirty minutes, and three of the four goals came on those breaks

Probably, but I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt. The guy just straight up sucks.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

ThinkTank posted:

To be fair he does have Luca "top 4 defence man" playing in front of him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yeah I despised him before we ever signed him

I think Willie Desjardins is showing a bad habit of recycling things that are known to suck, as opposed to trying things that will likely suck but have a chance to be anything but suck. He also likes to ruin what is good in an effort to fix bad things, thereby making everything bad. What Hansen and Dorsett can do with the Sedins is well known by now and I think it would be cool if we stopped seeing them. Vrbata, meanwhile, owns with the twins but is the first one demoted when the second line struggles. It would be great if a second scoring line existed but it isn't going to come about by crippling the one good line. Linden Vey consistently looks like the best offensive player they have outside of the top line, but I guess they're terrified of his defense on a scoring line I guess. It seems like you can either accept that Vrbata and the Twins need each other, or you can have an awful offense that will be relying on Ryan Miller to win defensive games and just kill me now if that is the path this season takes.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

Everyone in the city seems to love him

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I saw someone wearing a Ryan Miller jersey the other day and I couldn't understand it.

Like, why would you like the guy enough to buy the jersey, when you could choose from actual good players? I would rock an Eddie Lack jersey all day long. Such a waste of money.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Id rather have miller than smith

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I just had a horrifying realization: I am excited for Zack Kassian to come back because he will likely improve their offensive production when he returns

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
n: shea weber fell on a skate blade and cut up his armpit bad

v: here's a picture of the result and an oversized gif!

http://i.imgur.com/YBewhbb.gif

he was back a few minutes later

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
When can teams start offering extensions?

Glen, please give Zucc a multi year contract. Thanks.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

HookShot posted:

I saw someone wearing a Ryan Miller jersey the other day and I couldn't understand it.

Like, why would you like the guy enough to buy the jersey, when you could choose from actual good players? I would rock an Eddie Lack jersey all day long. Such a waste of money.

I was watching some tv coverage and they compared him to Osgood and called him the "missing piece"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Good thing we still have miller for two more seasons after this one.

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.
Miller is gonna get benched for Lack before the end of the season and it will be hilarious.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Squibbles posted:

To be fair he does have Luca "top 4 defence man" playing in front of him.

Mason is rocking .918 behind a blueline that would be objectively improved if they got Luca Sbisa back

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Captain Geech posted:

Miller is gonna get benched for Lack before the end of the season and it will be hilarious.

i really hope before the end of the season is 'next game'

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
It's insane watching Karlsson stay on for the full 5 minutes of overtime while his D partner changes 4 times

Bobby wearing the A was awesome, I hope Phillips and Neil stay off the roster forever

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

grack posted:

Good thing we still have miller for two more seasons after this one.

hahaha:suicide:

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I would like to formally apologize for my lack of reading comprehension in regards to Heatley/Bryzgalov.

My bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

ThinkTank posted:

Probably, but I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt. The guy just straight up sucks.

:getin:

• Locked thread