Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Aphrodite posted:

I am surprised to discover Budweiser is only #3 in the US.

1 and 2 are Bud Light and Coors Light

so really Budweiser is the number 1 actual beer in the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just saw that "Chrysler: America's Import" ad with the guy speaking Japanese and all I have to say is that they've got an awful lot of cheek to boast they're better than Japan when they're responsible for the PT Cruiser.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Pierce and Pierce posted:

The newest version of the Kate Upton Game of War ad (where she gives a rally speech and leads them into battle) has CGI so bad it's distracting. It's not even necessary so why attempt it?

There's CGI in that commercial? Everything looks natural to me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zeether posted:

I just saw that "Chrysler: America's Import" ad with the guy speaking Japanese and all I have to say is that they've got an awful lot of cheek to boast they're better than Japan when they're responsible for the PT Cruiser.

Or when their QC chief resigns after their ranked at the bottom for quality.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
ASUS is now using SA Photoshop threads for inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGBQkHnWtY

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Has science gone too far?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

The "If you're happy and you know it" weight watchers ad goes on forever.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

The "If you're happy and you know it" weight watchers ad goes on forever.

I found it to be very effective though. I'm not going to join them or anything but it almost looks like a psa.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Do we really want to sell vibrating chairs to pre-teen girls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH8mdBCkkxQ

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

"Ok honey, mommy's turn."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They're still showing commercials for the halloween themed chia pets. I guess they didn't fly off the shelves like the makers hoped they would.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I know i'm getting older because my first thought was "those beads are gonna go everywhere and make such a drat mess..."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The newest version of the Kate Upton Game of War ad (where she gives a rally speech and leads them into battle) has CGI so bad it's distracting. It's not even necessary so why attempt it?
Ahahaha I just saw this and it's incredible. She clearly has no idea why she's there or how to act convincingly, it's like somebody just handed her a script and said "Don't worry about it, just say this and let the jiggling do the rest."

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fp1yCrndhU

This commercial is back.

I laugh because the guy is focused on bitching about Millenials, and their toys, rather than spending time with his stupid family.

Then he's creeping on his (presumed) grand son.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I guess they feel like they have to go all out to get noticed in the crowded marketplace of freemium strategy games. Just the fact that they've hired a celebrity spokesmodel- and are adopting the Evony "come play, my Lord" approach- seems like a ridiculous expense for something a large portion of your player base won't spend a dime on.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Maxwell Lord posted:

I guess they feel like they have to go all out to get noticed in the crowded marketplace of freemium strategy games. Just the fact that they've hired a celebrity spokesmodel- and are adopting the Evony "come play, my Lord" approach- seems like a ridiculous expense for something a large portion of your player base won't spend a dime on.

When only 5% of your players are spending money, you need your player base to be as large as possible. That game is like #3 in in app payments on iOS, and got there after those commercials started airing.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

FuzzySkinner posted:

This commercial is back.

I laugh because the guy is focused on bitching about Millenials, and their toys, rather than spending time with his stupid family.

the way the woman shoos him at the end he's probably her grandfather (father???)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

FuzzySkinner posted:

This commercial is back.

"EVERYTHING NEEDS A BATTERY! Ooh look at that watch!"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't like the insurance commercial where the guy is like "I'm never getting married," then does, "I'm never having kids," then does, and so on because the last one is "I'm never letting go" as he sits with his family. DUDE YOU DID THE OPPOSITE EVERY OTHER TIME! Is the next scene him just running out the door?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sash! posted:

I don't like the insurance commercial where the guy is like "I'm never getting married," then does, "I'm never having kids," then does, and so on because the last one is "I'm never letting go" as he sits with his family. DUDE YOU DID THE OPPOSITE EVERY OTHER TIME! Is the next scene him just running out the door?

Dude finally figured out his curse.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sash! posted:

Can't a man have a character arc in 30 seconds?

Also, why does Julia Louis-Dreyfus have to do commercials for Old Navy?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zero One posted:

Can't a man have a character arc in 30 seconds?

Also, why does Julia Louis-Dreyfus have to do commercials for Old Navy?

Why did Amy Poehler?

The part where she's talking about her "turpigen" and says "It was two months of work, and I cry now more than I laugh..." cracks me up every time.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gaunab posted:

They're still showing commercials for the halloween themed chia pets. I guess they didn't fly off the shelves like the makers hoped they would.

I've never seen these commercials, but is this why I saw Chia zombies for sale at CVS labeled as "makes a great gift for Christmas!"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The side-by-side commercial where the one dude is singing about his macbook and everyone else is singing about a windows tablet (because they gave up trying to compete directly with the iPad) is bad, but this new one where it's a HP laptop vs. someone with an actual physical address book and like, written down recipes and developed photos is just... what? Who are you advertising to, time travellers from 1993?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That Fed Ex commercial where the boss delivers good news in person but bad via email; I know I've seen the black dude in tv shows before but I can't place him, any help there?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That Fed Ex commercial where the boss delivers good news in person but bad via email; I know I've seen the black dude in tv shows before but I can't place him, any help there?
Malcolm Barrett

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cage posted:

Malcolm Barrett

Goons are quicker than Google, drat :-).

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
The Jeffrey Tambor hummus commerical is really weird.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The At&t commercial with the two guys has been nothing but annoying.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Somebody out there is spanking it to this one right now.

http://youtu.be/N94ES_HI-K8

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

ToyotaThong posted:

I am now! Thanks for the heads up!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

ToyotaThong posted:

I came here to post this and add that I just find it so disturbing. But at least now I have a new nickname for my vagina - chimney.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tupping Liberty posted:

I came here to post this and add that I just find it so disturbing. But at least now I have a new nickname for my vagina - chimney.

Those ladies were clearly all knocked up by Santa, I don't think it's that hard to understand.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

raditts posted:

Those ladies were clearly all knocked up by Santa, I don't think it's that hard to understand.

No, but disturbing.

According to Youtube comments (I know, a very reputable source), they are actual pregnant dancers.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tupping Liberty posted:

No, but disturbing.

According to Youtube comments (I know, a very reputable source), they are actual pregnant dancers.

Autism creation.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

raditts posted:

Santa has got a list of "Naughty and Nice" and a sidenote of "Hoe hoe hoes!"
You get yer freak on Santa, yeah!

(I've never seen this ad ever until it was posted here.)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CapnAndy posted:

The side-by-side commercial where the one dude is singing about his macbook and everyone else is singing about a windows tablet (because they gave up trying to compete directly with the iPad) is bad, but this new one where it's a HP laptop vs. someone with an actual physical address book and like, written down recipes and developed photos is just... what? Who are you advertising to, time travellers from 1993?

I can't say it's exactly like that, but I work with someone like that, it's the most frustrating thing. All his information is in piles and folders, and scraps of paper all over his office. It's like "dude, you downloaded and printed that PDF, just put it on the network so I can access it!" The sad thing is, he can't be more than 45 tops.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't say it's exactly like that, but I work with someone like that, it's the most frustrating thing. All his information is in piles and folders, and scraps of paper all over his office. It's like "dude, you downloaded and printed that PDF, just put it on the network so I can access it!" The sad thing is, he can't be more than 45 tops.

I'm working in a very non-tech-oriented kind of place for the first time, and I confirm that age has nothing to do with a lack of ability to use technology. Also, holy poo poo do a lot of people use pirated software for business purposes (and then wonder why there's strange bugs, and why they get so many viruses and such). I won't say I've never pirated software, but I 100% have never used pirated software for my job. I don't want to get off on a tangent, but it's just pissing me off so much: it's so galling when a photographer, who explains to me why his clients shouldn't have reproduction rights on the photos he's being paid by them to take, proceeds to fire up a whole bunch of pirated Adobe poo poo and use it for his job.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 14, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There's immoral pirating and then there's pirating Adobe products, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

There's immoral pirating and then there's pirating Adobe products, though.

But I just want to make pictures with butts on them surely I can afford a $1k image editing tool.