Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

im pooping! posted:

Are you tucking when you're going straight? It makes a big difference.

gently caress tucking, pull back and do a wheelie on straights, makes you go faster than tucking.

Of course it also matters how you drive into and out of the corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BitBasher posted:

gently caress tucking, pull back and do a wheelie on straights, makes you go faster than tucking.

This is literally a straight line. Heading down the highway to a mission objective and sanchez bro just blows past me. He then wiped out immediately on contact with a car so I still got there first but it's the principle.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

im pooping! posted:

Yes and it's a shame because spoilers are stupid and gay.

It's kind of a double edged sword because on one hand they make some cars feel a lot better in the corners, but they also look like trash on a lot of cars.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I've been playing any random job that comes up the last few days (mostly survival or actual missions, racing bores me) and I finally have like $250k. What safehouses are the 'best' in terms of proximity to good stuff? I like the idea of having a little pad out in Paleto Bay or Blaine County, but the idea of having to drive for 10+ minutes from there to anything worthwhile every time I log on is unappealing. I don't care about it being a penthouse or whatever, just a nice little spot with a decent garage for a few cars :shobon:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sapient Afro posted:

It's kind of a double edged sword because on one hand they make some cars feel a lot better in the corners, but they also look like trash on a lot of cars.
Isn't that the point of any visual car mod? :confused:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Wolfsheim posted:

I've been playing any random job that comes up the last few days (mostly survival or actual missions, racing bores me) and I finally have like $250k. What safehouses are the 'best' in terms of proximity to good stuff?

I would actually say that the expensive safehouses are a waste of money - I have a $450K apartment that apart from its 10 car garage is entirely useless. There is a $180-210kish 10 car garage to the west of the airport that is 30 seconds from a Los Santos Customs, a few minutes from an AmmuNation and well you're next to the airport so planes/choppers ahoy.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I've been playing any random job that comes up the last few days (mostly survival or actual missions, racing bores me) and I finally have like $250k. What safehouses are the 'best' in terms of proximity to good stuff? I like the idea of having a little pad out in Paleto Bay or Blaine County, but the idea of having to drive for 10+ minutes from there to anything worthwhile every time I log on is unappealing. I don't care about it being a penthouse or whatever, just a nice little spot with a decent garage for a few cars :shobon:

If you want the full 10-car apartment, I'd say Alta St would be the best choice, right around the corner from the big downtown ammunation, not too far from LSC, and directly down the road from the airport if you want to get your airplane on. Also the cheapest 10-car apartment with a view that isn't the side of another building at $223k (there's a cheaper one in the same building but that's only $10k less)

If you just want a garage though, there's a 10-car one over on the east side of town, Popular St Unit 2 I think, that's literally a 5 second drive from the eastern LSC. That's $142k

Icedude fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 13, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BitBasher posted:

that still works, huh? :downs:

Bobtista posted:

This is literally a straight line. Heading down the highway to a mission objective and sanchez bro just blows past me. He then wiped out immediately on contact with a car so I still got there first but it's the principle.

yep. when you're accelerating, pull back the whole time. i don't lean forward til i've hit top speed or have to corner hard

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Croccers posted:

Isn't that the point of any visual car mod? :confused:

welll...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY

goin on ps3 if anyone is still out there :)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

welll...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY

goin on ps3 if anyone is still out there :)

no one, no one :smith:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Icedude posted:

If you want the full 10-car apartment, I'd say Alta St would be the best choice, right around the corner from the big downtown ammunation, not too far from LSC, and directly down the road from the airport if you want to get your airplane on. Also the cheapest 10-car apartment with a view that isn't the side of another building at $223k (there's a cheaper one in the same building but that's only $10k less)

If you just want a garage though, there's a 10-car one over on the east side of town, Popular St Unit 2 I think, that's literally a 5 second drive from the eastern LSC. That's $142k

These are exactly what I have for properties, and both work perfectly for me. Alta St is also close to Mors if need be as well. And from one property to the other is a quick jaunt across a bridge.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

These are exactly what I have for properties, and both work perfectly for me. Alta St is also close to Mors if need be as well. And from one property to the other is a quick jaunt across a bridge.

Everyone who is cool has Weazel Plaza and Richard's Majestic since they are next door to each other (and you used to have to drive the cars back-and-forth to rearrange the garages)

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

titties posted:

Everyone who is cool is on the PS4

Fixed that for you :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I have Weazel Plaza and Paleto bay, spawning at Paleto with a garage full of the good LSC sale cars and all my cool poo poo in the city. I spawn well away from the pubbie idiots, do my thing selling a car and stocking up on weapons and then call for my Entity and either drive into LS to raise some hell or start a mission.
come ooooon PC port, I can't even remember the last time I saw a goon on 360 and I refuse to buy a bone or PS4.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

I'm there... sometimes

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
I'm playing the hell out of this lately on the 360.

GT: BarneyStintson

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Has anyone had success stealing the military jet in single player? It's still easy as poo poo in multiplayer but in SP the tanks hit me in midair 100% of the time if I can even take off. (Couldn't find the single player thread)

Edit: this is on Xbone

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't remember what mine's called, but I use the apartment directly across from that surface level rail stop and around the corner from Mors Mutual's lot.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

I don't remember what mine's called, but I use the apartment directly across from that surface level rail stop and around the corner from Mors Mutual's lot.

That's Alta street. That's my main base of operations as well. My other 10-car garage was near the airport, but now I've got the 6-car right next to Ft. Zancudo. It's super conveniently placed directly behind a convenience store and Ammunation too.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

This usually only happens when you do missions with pubbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CKZWO6YnFM

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

titties posted:

Everyone who is cool has Weazel Plaza and Richard's Majestic since they are next door to each other (and you used to have to drive the cars back-and-forth to rearrange the garages)

How can you move cars between garages now? I had a look but couldn't see another way.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

This usually only happens when you do missions with pubbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CKZWO6YnFM

If it was a Pubbie you'd never have got that far. They would have somehow figured out a way to fail the mission before you even arrived at the buzzard.

How did you get your mini map like that? I was trying to do that - managed to get it extended but I can't figure out how to turn off player names. When the names are labeled it's such a mess you can't actually see anything in a cluster of people

titties
May 10, 2012

shmee posted:

How can you move cars between garages now? I had a look but couldn't see another way.

You still have to drive them over if you want to put them in the other garage.

What I meant was that if I wanted to rearrange a garage before, I would have to drive the cars back and forth from one garage to the other to get them in the order I wanted them.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

If it was a Pubbie you'd never have got that far. They would have somehow figured out a way to fail the mission before you even arrived at the buzzard.

How did you get your mini map like that? I was trying to do that - managed to get it extended but I can't figure out how to turn off player names. When the names are labeled it's such a mess you can't actually see anything in a cluster of people

If it was a pubbie they would never have been on my bike. There's a setting for the radar - "Expanded" It's under the on / off / blip setting I believe.

shmee posted:

At the back of your garage is a blue point and it brings up your garage manager so you can rearrange the cars in your preferred order.

It's just a shame we can't store golf carts... those things can surprisingly move well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24J0-UQoWY

Cash decides she's going to "Jax Teller it". Fake edit: I should find the track for that scene and splice Vince Mackey in to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRYlbgArQE

geeves fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 14, 2014

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Shootout to Sickness hope he got his iPhone 6

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

i was on for maybe 45 min and same, sry man

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm there... sometimes

lies

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

If it was a pubbie they would never have been on my bike. There's a setting for the radar - "Expanded" It's under the on / off / blip setting I believe.

Cash decides she's going to "Jax Teller it". Fake edit: I should find the track for that scene and splice Vince Mackey in to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRYlbgArQE

Hysterical! If we can use our experience as a case study, Jax turned out just fine - he's probably Getting to the Bottom of Something as we speak.

I expanded the map, but the player names are still there - the settings for the radar are on/off/blip but that didn't get the names.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Kelly posted:

Hysterical! If we can use our experience as a case study, Jax turned out just fine - he's probably Getting to the Bottom of Something as we speak.

I expanded the map, but the player names are still there - the settings for the radar are on/off/blip but that didn't get the names.

It's slightly confusing, there's the 'Radar' setting you mentioned that's On/Blip/Off, but there's also 'Expanded Radar' a bit further down the Settings menu. Changing that to On should give you the big minimap without the nametags

e: Unless you somehow managed to get nametags on at all times with that enabled, in which case I'm stumped AND want to figure out how to turn that on

Icedude fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 14, 2014

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Icedude posted:

It's slightly confusing, there's the 'Radar' setting you mentioned that's On/Blip/Off, but there's also 'Expanded Radar' a bit further down the Settings menu. Changing that to On should give you the big minimap without the nametags

e: Unless you somehow managed to get nametags on at all times with that enabled, in which case I'm stumped AND want to figure out how to turn that on

I'd love of someone could figure out the way to get the big map to have names. I have done it but I didn't know how and wasn't really paying attention since it was like a day after launch. I'd love that right now

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

verbal enema posted:

I'd love of someone could figure out the way to get the big map to have names. I have done it but I didn't know how and wasn't really paying attention since it was like a day after launch. I'd love that right now

I am having the opposite issues, still. Big map, names. Oh well.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Tommychu posted:

I have Weazel Plaza and Paleto bay, spawning at Paleto with a garage full of the good LSC sale cars and all my cool poo poo in the city. I spawn well away from the pubbie idiots, do my thing selling a car and stocking up on weapons and then call for my Entity and either drive into LS to raise some hell or start a mission.
come ooooon PC port, I can't even remember the last time I saw a goon on 360 and I refuse to buy a bone or PS4.

I actually just grabbed the little Paleto Bay house facing the ocean with the 6-car garage (which looks suspiciously like a 2-car garage from the outside) just because I wanted some place where I don't spawn amid twenty crazed pubbies and I like that area :shobon:

Will definitely check out the Alta St. place later, though.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

titties posted:

You still have to drive them over if you want to put them in the other garage.

What I meant was that if I wanted to rearrange a garage before, I would have to drive the cars back and forth from one garage to the other to get them in the order I wanted them.

Ah right, never mind, good chance to improve my driving in first person.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

verbal enema posted:

Shootout to Sickness hope he got his iPhone 6

Nah bruh

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Hey all you dudes who mentioned that you can supe up a Sadler and still use it for utility races? Thanks! Been doing a lot of easy massive bet wins on simple GTA enabled races in the Utility category.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Where are my snowy textures Rockstar. How am I supposed to have a feliz navidad without them.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Where are my snowy textures Rockstar. How am I supposed to have a feliz navidad without them.

I wasn't playing last year, when did the snow event start and how long did it last for?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

December 23rd! Along with the long awaited Heist update; http://www.latintimes.com/gta-5-heists-update-release-date-dec-23-holiday-dlc-clothing-gradient-snowfall-leaked-282445

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Mash posted:

I wasn't playing last year, when did the snow event start and how long did it last for?

Last year it was only on Christmas day.

^^ Glad they are making it longer this time.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Finally, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
What the heck am I meant to do with heists, I saved up millions of cash just waiting for them to come out. Now they are dead to me.

• Locked thread