Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
So far I've spent over $60 on community items to convert them to gems, and I currently have the top bid on Borderlands 2. This event is for the flipping win, but if someone outbids me I'm going to do the :gonk: face. I've just been going back and forth between this and playing a few rounds of Destiny on my Xbone.. living the gamer life as it were. The geniuses of the PC Mastermind corporation Valve have knocked it out of the park again.. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've been trying to get a foil Quake Live badge myself OP. Glad your liking it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I've been trying to get a foil Quake Live badge myself OP. Glad your liking it.

Good luck..The prices of Steam Inventory items have shot up since this event started. I've been able to sell many of my (previously) worthless Steam Profile Backgrounds for 10 cents, whereas previously they were only worth 1 cent.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I should sell some emoticons I never use except to ironically post at people when they buy videogames.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nows the time to do it, i have $9 in steam credit from selling cards from the loving horrible games ive been gifted, and from profile backgrounds and emoticons that i'd never use.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Nows the time to do it, i have $9 in steam credit from selling cards from the loving horrible games ive been gifted, and from profile backgrounds and emoticons that i'd never use.

Buy me some QL foils.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Buy me some QL foils.

They are like 45 dollars a pop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

They are like 45 dollars a pop.

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MRA PUA shithead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What the hell is going on. Someone is launching a serious smear campaign against BonziBuddy64 and I'm not liking it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hmmm

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
whoever bought that definitely needs to come forward so they can be permabanned for being incurably fucktarded

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Probably one of the many people stalking me and harassing me from site to site because of my political stances and ideologies, and since I think people advocating for Mens Rights are hosed in the head. Either way, it won't be there for very much longer.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I've had to shut down many of my accounts across the web because of the non-stop harassment I've been receiving, and now even the Imp Zone moderators are condoning it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Trying to imagine BonziBuddy64's political stances and ideologies without actually knowing them is some drat win, IMO.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Devour or Fire posted:

whoever bought that definitely needs to come forward so they can be permabanned for being incurably fucktarded

I wouldn't be surprised if it was zen death robot or zoq fot pik, since they just change people's avatars whenever they feel like it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

rofl

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nothing pisses me off more than a troll loving with my avatar.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Imagine if it was legal to pay $10 to draw a dick on the face of anyone you meet in the street. It would be anarchy.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nothing pisses me off more than a troll loving with my avatar.

Well,imagine if they were also doing internet detective poo poo non stop,and you cant do anything online any more without being relentlessly Trolled.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Well,imagine if they were also doing internet detective poo poo non stop,and you cant do anything online any more without being relentlessly Trolled.

This happened to me for a bit, but it wasn't anywhere near as serious and eventually they stopped. I hope they eventually leave you alone.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Imagine if it was legal to pay $10 to draw a dick on the face of anyone you meet in the street. It would be anarchy.

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Jesus Christ.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i don't understand the nature of this steam event, what are gems and can i somehow parlay the trading cards i've accumulated into $$$?

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

MRA PUA shithead.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Budget Prefuse posted:

MRA PUA shithead.

Hey, thanks for pointing this out, man.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
gimme ALL the gems

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was zen death robot or zoq fot pik, since they just change people's avatars whenever they feel like it.

THey're real loving assholes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

MRA PUA shithead.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

this jem event is truly outrageous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this gem poo poo is retarded. why not just buy the game.

it's going to be on sale anyway.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:69snypa:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Evil Eagle posted:

this gem poo poo is retarded. why not just buy the game.

it's going to be on sale anyway.

they are monetizing the lovely lil emoticons and backgrounds so they can take a cut of it, and from the increased amoutn of people buying/selling them, its smart for valve but its fuckin worthless for any consumer because you might as well just sell your items instead of turning them into gems, theyre worth more now that people want gems, and all the games are going on sale

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
ive made 4 dollars just from selling dog poo poo thats been hanging around in my inventory that i couldnt get rid of

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

lol they took 50k + gems off of me and gave me like 80cents. they're like 50cents for 1 stack of 1000 now

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this is basically the new bitcoin

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

this is basically the new bitcoin

It's almost nothing like that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

It's almost nothing like that.