Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

B - and chant the Most Ancient Rite of Tech Support (discovered in the ruins of an ancient temple of the Machine God) to ward off the perfectionist heresy:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you checked the cables and connections?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you updated to the latest version?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you tried rebooting the machine?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you installed antivirus software?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you cleaned the machine regularly?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Did you at least write down the error code?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Do you know how much I hate people like you?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Wait, are you recording this?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

In the name of the Machine,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Slaan posted:

It is in fact, a funny way to spell Tzeentch. Its all according to plan. :ninja:

A. Lets do this!

Oh come now Slaan. As if Ohone, a literal beep boop goon, would fall to Slaanesh.

"What do you mean do whatever is pleasurable to excess? That is not efficient. This is highly illogical."

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
B

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

B fuckdemonsfuckdemonsfuckdemons

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I would say that Slaanesh can go piss up a rope, but I'm afraid that if we say that, he/she/it actually might do that.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
B welp guess we should have called Omega.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
B, but try to pump more information out of Abraxus first while we wait on Omega. Maybe the location or lair of the Xeno, if we can stay sane long enough. (I KNEW we should've put more into Deceive...)

Also, if we can survive this with a modicum of composure, and any of our allies survive to tell the tale, we literally become legend amongst the tribes and the ship at large. Our meteoric rise through the ranks will be assured, and we won't be a demon thrall when we do become Lord Sire.

We will be a bastion of the Omnissiah here in the dark. Have faith in the God Emperor, and victory is assured.

Ch-chk

Let's blow this Popsicle stand, I say.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
...Okay, just had a cool idea based on my last post's finish. We literally blow the Popsicle stand.

Slaanesh is about overindulgence and excess, right? It'd make sense that the cultists and servants of Slaanesh would love a good feast, especially an extravagant one. Say, if we blow open one of the tanks behind it marked "SWEETENER". A flood-o'-fructose would not only damage the false servitors and possibly the demon, but it serves a cool debilitating purpose too: they get all sticky and gummed up weapons, and may even turn to eating the sugary stuff to satiate their inherent need to indulge. It's like waving a bloody chunk of meat in the water in front of a shark. Instinct will overcome that cool golden facade if we tempt the demon within enough.

So yeah. Keeping my vote as B, attack, but specifically with the next post being called, Sticky Sweet Desires.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mepstein73 posted:

...Okay, just had a cool idea based on my last post's finish. We literally blow the Popsicle stand.

Slaanesh is about overindulgence and excess, right? It'd make sense that the cultists and servants of Slaanesh would love a good feast, especially an extravagant one. Say, if we blow open one of the tanks behind it marked "SWEETENER". A flood-o'-fructose would not only damage the false servitors and possibly the demon, but it serves a cool debilitating purpose too: they get all sticky and gummed up weapons, and may even turn to eating the sugary stuff to satiate their inherent need to indulge. It's like waving a bloody chunk of meat in the water in front of a shark. Instinct will overcome that cool golden facade if we tempt the demon within enough.

So yeah. Keeping my vote as B, attack, but specifically with the next post being called, Sticky Sweet Desires.

Please do this.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Slaanesh isn't always about gluttony. Sometimes their cultists just like making mind-melting poetry, or maintaining the perfect hairstyle, or replacing all their internal organs with solid rocks of cocaine.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Mostly it's about loving things though

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Mostly it's about loving things though

Only the more recent fluff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mepstein73 posted:

Slaanesh is about overindulgence and excess, right? It'd make sense that the cultists and servants of Slaanesh would love a good feast, especially an extravagant one.

Ok so your idea of an extravagant decadent feast meant to appeal to hyper-jaded aesthetes is a big vat of sugar?

OP please do not do the sugarflood idea, it makes little sense in and out of character.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

mepstein73 posted:

I don't think you can beat a demon Slaanesh by providing a source of enjoyment. And besides, it's just sugar. Those things snort warp dust just to pass the time. The disco grenade was only supposed to work because the cultists didn't get any 'blessings' of their god, just the hip-paste mutation. This is something else entirely.

e: ^^^:argh:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Getting the artifact in contact with the Demon will do the most harm. The best way to break someone of this variety is to dull their senses and make them bored. These things literally thrive on extreme sensation.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Grognan posted:

Getting the artifact in contact with the Demon will do the most harm. The best way to break someone of this variety is to dull their senses and make them bored. These things literally thrive on extreme sensation.

Lets give the daemon something that will make it difficult to notice even when directly staring at it, let alone target.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pfft, like Ohone will settle for anything less than being her sole and only Master (gods don't count).B

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The only God we serve is the sacred Machine-God! All hail the Omnissiah!

B

I like the plan that involves throwing the new cat at the demon as a distraction while we signal a code Omega on repeat, broadcasting our current position and, if possible, a private channel to our Lord-Sire with the visual and audio feed from our sensors so he can witness our bravery personally.

Meanwhile, after stopping the distribution I suggest we retreat to a more defensible position. Hopefully the Daemonhost can't phase through walls.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sugar by itself is super gross.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Can't believe some people are proposing to harm the sacred food processors! Horrid blasphemy! :v:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

my dad posted:

B - and chant the Most Ancient Rite of Tech Support (discovered in the ruins of an ancient temple of the Machine God) to ward off the perfectionist heresy:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you checked the cables and connections?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you updated to the latest version?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you tried rebooting the machine?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you installed antivirus software?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you cleaned the machine regularly?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Did you at least write down the error code?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Do you know how much I hate people like you?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Wait, are you recording this?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

In the name of the Machine,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

This, so much this. Purge the daemon, purge the xeno! The Great Enemy has nothing on the perfection of the Machine God! Hail Omnissiah!.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
In the spirit of the Sanguinalia season, I say Bah humbug!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am also curious about the sense dulling effect of the artifact and how that would play out here, though in general it does not seem to be a machine and I don't really trust it. Desperate times and such...

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sogol posted:

I am also curious about the sense dulling effect of the artifact and how that would play out here, though in general it does not seem to be a machine and I don't really trust it. Desperate times and such...

It IS a psyker artifact and suspect. But it seems to be the opposing influence here. We'll need to study things.

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
Okay, finally caught up on the thread, after being months late. Ha!

I know the thread asked for a decrease in Easter Eggs, but the "Wardens"/"Greycloaks" Ii m guessing are Straight out of Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files". How did we get forty pages in with no mention (but somehow we've found multiple Death stalker fans?!)...

Vote: B
I can't imagine Ohone is even a little tempted by such a base offer...
... a least, not offered by someone (something) foolish enough to be CAUGHT
Seriously, I thought we covered that sin with Cruenits's end. zzzzz

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I like to imagine Ohome having the 'shoulder angel, shoulder devil' moment, with the angel going 'No Ohome, don't betray the Omnissiah, kill the demon' and on her other shoulder the shoulder devil just looks disgusted and is like 'What, we merit no more than some improvised, one-size-fits-all Chaos deal? From this loser? gently caress him, never take the first deal order. Kill the demon.'

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbi... daemonnn

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

... Hunh. I expect a closer vote, to be honest.

Kill the wabbit it is, I'll start writing here shortly.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

... Hunh. I expect a closer vote, to be honest.

Shogeton posted:

I like to imagine Ohome having the 'shoulder angel, shoulder devil' moment, with the angel going 'No Ohone, don't betray the Omnissiah, kill the demon' and on her other shoulder the shoulder devil just looks disgusted and is like 'What, we merit no more than some improvised, one-size-fits-all Chaos deal? From this loser? gently caress him, never take the first deal order. Kill the demon.'

:v:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I don't think of Ohone as a boilerplate 'FOR THE OMNISSIAH' puritan. But even as charismaticly terrifying as the creature is, giving in would feel more a matter of weakness than strength right now. But by all means, do not let this vote convince you that you should never try to lure us to the Path of Glory again. But we'd like to get there in a better position.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Shogeton posted:

I like to imagine Ohome having the 'shoulder angel, shoulder devil' moment, with the angel going 'No Ohome, don't betray the Omnissiah, kill the demon' and on her other shoulder the shoulder devil just looks disgusted and is like 'What, we merit no more than some improvised, one-size-fits-all Chaos deal? From this loser? gently caress him, never take the first deal order. Kill the demon.'

This guy gets it :awesomelon:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Shogeton posted:

I like to imagine Ohome having the 'shoulder angel, shoulder devil' moment, with the angel going 'No Ohome, don't betray the Omnissiah, kill the demon' and on her other shoulder the shoulder devil just looks disgusted and is like 'What, we merit no more than some improvised, one-size-fits-all Chaos. eal? From this loser? gently caress him, never take the first deal order. Kill the demon.'

I know which side my votes are coming from. [STATIC] :devil:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Just means I chose the wrong god. Nurgle or Tzeentch might have something better :v:

Look not upon the daemon, listen not unto to the daemon, speak not unto the daemon!

Forcing yourself to meet those perfect, horrific golden eyes, you snarl. At your side, Megabite echoed the growl, synthetic saliva running from her steel fangs, hackles raised. Flours was between her front legs, spitting ferociously, and you forced yourself to speak, your throat tight with a thousand emotions. Terror. Rage. Revulsion.

Hunger.

“Little daemon. Plaything of the warp.” You spat. Around you, your retinue gave a weak cheer, broken by sobs or gagging dry heaves. “We are the Imperium. We are Humanity. We shall crush you.” Haphazardly, your troops aimed their weapons in the general direction of the enemy, fighting waves of sensation, a storm of emotions and stimuli. Fingers attempted to find the triggers.

The warp-creature frowns, an imperfection on that perfect face. It felt like desecrating a relic of Terra. It felt like destroying the last Titan on Mars. You felt your heart breaking at the sight of it, being the cause of it. Guilt and horror fought through you, that you had hurt such a perfect being. You could feel an overwhelming pressure beating on your mind, wanting you to throw yourself down and beg for forgiveness.

You slumped forward, spots on your vision, knees weak. You could feel, if not see, the daemon smile.

And you hit the shutdown button.

Around you, a thousand gears stopped turning. Hundreds of tons of machinery stopped moving, the slurry they were pumping stopping in their tracks, clogging pipes, filling emergency reservoirs. The hum of a thousand machine spirits suddenly stilled, and you only now realized how loud it had been there, given the complete absence of sound now. In the distance, a xeno voice raised itself in rage.

With the last of your effort, a final exertion of will, you opened your vox. All channels. “Omega.”

Emergency lighting flickered on, the crimson haze flooding the massive chamber that was the recycling center. Around you, all through the ship, Geller fields activated, trapping the daemon in here with you. At the entrance, you could see the Sisters abandoning their position, lifting heavy machine guns and grenade launchers as they rushed to cover you.

In front of you, the creature looked more daemonic than ever. Red light washed down on its golden skin like blood, and its eyes had the wolf in them. Sharp teeth smiled wide, fingers elongating into claws, and the pressure on your mind fell on you anew. It spoke once more, a voice that could break your bones with its beauty. So be it. You will suffer the most vile degradations before you serve me.

-

What do you do?

A Try to delay it with talking. Even though you’ve messed up its current plan, doesn’t mean you can’t make a deal. This was just establishing your cover!
B Target the pipes and sucralose tanks behind it. Even if it doesn’t draw the creature’s attention, it’ll clog the battlefield and weapons.
C All fire attack the daemon, cut off the head and the rest will follow.
D This is a bad position to hold. Use pyrotechnics to pop smoke and move to a better position.
E Something Else

1 Use the xeno artifact. It decreases the presssure of the daemon, and hides you in some ways from it. You can worry about side effects later.
2 Don’t use the artifact. You can’t fight the Enemy with the Enemy’s tools.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

D1namic repositioning.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, you dig? Pop smoke and find the best position we can around here.

As for the artifact, it may be dangerous to use it, but it's probably not more dangerous than being face to face with The Enemy. We need all the tools we have at hand, here.

D1

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
D1

Tactical withdrawal using our disco ball while using the xenos artefact to aid our escape before we get turned into a pile of goo.

Destroying sacred machinery especially on an ancient Rogue Trader's ship is tantamount to heresy and it doesn't look like the daemon wants to talk.

We shouldn't worry about the Xenos artefact since we're in total control and there's totally nothing wrong with the continuous use of a xenos artefact.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C2- The best way to get rid of demonic hunger for sex and food is a demonic hunger for SKULLS! Kill it, kill it now! We don't need no stinkin' psyker crap clogging up our beautiful violent machines. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C2
The enemy has done us the courtesy of standing in front of our guns and invites us to destroy it. We must oblige!
Purge the demon. The unclean. Corruptor of man and machine.