Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS EVENT?

On this show there will be tables. There will be ladders. There will be chairs. And most importantly, there will be stairs. Gimmick matches are fun and this has good dudes in a lot of good gimmick matches. On the new and improved Erick Rowan Meaningless Accomplishment Scale, this gets Erick Rowan doing a Rubik's Cube in two minutes.

Hey hey, it's time for WWE TLC(S). There's lots of good-looking matches ont he car, and it will be on the WWE Network for a low, low price. While it won't reach NXT Revolution levels, it will still be pretty good I think. There's nine matches on this card. Here they are!

:siren: THE PRESHOW STARTS AT 7:00 I THINK :siren:

Even though Xavier Woods is in the stable he never gets to wrestle. I enjoy that.

The Bella Twins are friends again (???) and AJ Lee is chasing the title she lost last month. Thank you Total Divas for making the Bellas friends again.

remember this feud

Currently no word on if the Usos win this match, they also get the rights to Mizdow's tiny toy replica belts.

lol

Dolph Ziggler, a man who is very good at being thrown around, versus Luke Harper, a man who is very good at throwing around. In a ladders match. That's going to be a lot of fun.

These two don't like each other very much. Last month at Survivor Series, their match ended when Dean Ambrose got the John Cena heel turn spot but actually took it. Then Michael Cole told us how Dean Ambrose buried Bray Wyatt. On Smackdown recently, Wyatt also crushed Ambrose's throat but after a few days in a neck brace it's okay now.

If John Cena loses this match, he's no longer #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. If Seth Rollins loses, he's still pretty much #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I miss Randy Orton.

Finally, the real main event. This long and storied rivalry started a month ago, when Big Show was a bully and Erick Rowan decided he didn't like bullies. Stairs has been their weapon of choice, and the match proved so popular that they even changed the name of the event to fit it. What will happen when these two behemoths collide?

----

Make your picks in the WH2KPSP Prediction Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

its my first ppv i'm going to live in person so i'm excited i guess

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
will this top nxt

signs point to no

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I completely forgot they're doing Rusev vs Swagger again. Jesus.

quote:

If John Cena loses this match, he's no longer #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. If Seth Rollins loses, he's still pretty much #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I miss Randy Orton.

I think we all know how this will end (rapadoooooo)...but I will laugh my rear end if they go with a gently caress finish anyway.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
I'm all aboard the Erick Rowan Hype Train until its' inevitable fiery derail.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Will probably be a fun PPV, especially since these GDTs really help if its not fun

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Can't wait for Orton/Reigns/Bryan to cost Rollins the match

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Can't wait for Orton/Reigns/Bryan to cost Rollins the match

All three interrupt the match, only for Sting to show up and hand John Cena a brass ring.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DukeofCA posted:

As its long-time conductor, let me say welcome, we're going places :)

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

Just found out I'm going to the show tonight, so even though it's all the same old poo poo, I'm still pumped cause it's the first PPV I'll have been at since Summerslam '96. So there's that. Honestly, if I was staying at home, I'd skip it. Nothing about this show is must see, to be honest.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Well, I renewed my network sub to watch the NXT special, so I guess I'll watch this god drat show

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
The final PPV on The Road To The Road To Wrestlemania! Big Red with your beard so bright, won't you guide our sleigh tonight?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
How many rubiks cubes can Erick Rowan solve in an hour?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Daniel Bryan posted:

How many rubiks cubes can Erick Rowan solve in an hour?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

all i want out of this ppv is for erick rowan vs big show and kane vs ryback to both be really bad

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

all i want out of this ppv is for erick rowan vs big show and kane vs ryback to both be really bad
same, but the exact opposite

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This show is going to be fun to watch I can feel it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This card is kind of garbage on its face but hopefully there will be enough big dumb spots to make up for it. We'll see how true that thing about the NXT PPV lighting a fire under the main roster is.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ambrose-Wyatt

Thanks

I really am not hyped for this PPV and can't even pretend to be though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Came for SCUBA Kane, stayed for Big Red Erick "Megagenius" Rubik's Rowan.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Came for the tables, stayed for the chairs.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

This show is going to be fun to watch I can feel it.

I think so too

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

This card is kind of garbage on its face but hopefully there will be enough big dumb spots to make up for it. We'll see how true that thing about the NXT PPV lighting a fire under the main roster is.

harper/ziggler, wyatt/ambrose and rollins/cena should all be really good barring any garbage

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Roman Reigns posted:

I think we all know how this will end (rapadoooooo)...but I will laugh my rear end if they go with a gently caress finish anyway.

I voted for it in the prediction thread because of the 1-cena odds. I'm a rebel.

So yeah... we're having brawts tonight for TLCS.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, I don't actually want to watch a single one of these matches. :toot:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

harper/ziggler, wyatt/ambrose and rollins/cena should all be really good barring any garbage

Rollins/Cena would be better without the stip, so I'm not sold on it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Setting the over/under for the length of divas title match at 6 minutes.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

Rollins/Cena would be better without the stip, so I'm not sold on it.

That stipulation is garbage anyway. He will lose and then end up still getting a WWE title shot at the Rumble anyway

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Kane apparently feels the same way about this match that I do.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wait, so what is the main event?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Frankston posted:

Wait, so what is the main event?

which match is cena in

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If this doesn't somehow end in Erick Rowan, Super Genius setting up an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine of steps and ladders only to have it backfire and leave a Rowan shaped cutout hole in the ring, I am going to be sorely disappointed, WWE. :mad:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

which match is cena in

Not the Stairs match which is the actual main event.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Which is a real tragedy, as we now know that Cena is not afraid to murder people by throwing the stairs at them

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DukeofCA posted:

Everything about Erick "Big Red" Rowan has been inexplicable up to now, so maybe the derail will be inexplicably fiery!

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What's a stairs match? Is it like a flag match where it's a regular match, but then they set up the winners stairs at the end?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is it even worth ordering pizza for this show

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Valeyard posted:

pizza is always good, depending on what type you get

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Valeyard posted:

I would rate this show Little Caesars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also a table match is one of the few matches that Cena is allowed to out and out lose because they can always paint it as a fluke (the other one is a cage match because the opponent can run away from the mighty herculean power of Cena and win).

• Locked thread