Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would rate this show Little Caesars

NickRoweFillea posted:

pizza is always good, depending on what type you get

No Little Caesars in the UK, but it looks like a plain cheese pizza from Local Pizza Establishment tonight. Even if the PPV is fail, the food will be alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

erick rowan

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also a table match is one of the few matches that Cena is allowed to out and out lose because they can always paint it as a fluke (the other one is a cage match because the opponent can run away from the mighty herculean power of Cena and win).

I can never recall in tables matches.... putting yourself through a table from the top rope (or apron).... end the match, or no?

Because you know that Rollins will be going for a curbstomp-through-the-table at some point tonight

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope they tell us more about Eric Rowan's wine making

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Geoff Peterson posted:

I can never recall in tables matches.... putting yourself through a table from the top rope (or apron).... end the match, or no?

Because you know that Rollins will be going for a curbstomp-through-the-table at some point tonight

Yeah, see Sheamus's first WWE Title win against Cena and also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs7jFmoP98c

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Geoff Peterson posted:

Seems to me that putting yourself through a table ends a match except those times when someone accidentally does it and fucks up the finish, in which case you have to be put through the table by your opponent.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I need to own this shirt

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
That'd be an awesome shirt if it wasn't clear that it was either a photo shop or some lovely iron on things that fall off after a few washes.

That said, Roddy Piper doesn't look like he's ready for the fight. And Da Big Guy isn't big enough.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

All I want to see from this PPV is for Big Show to be a good guy again. I hate that he is angry and with no good reason to be.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oknope posted:

All I want to see from this PPV is for Big Show to be a good guy again. I hate that he is angry and with no good reason to be.

We can't handle ANOTHER Big Show turn this soon!!

Big Show is a really big guy, I am surprised he does not need a wider berth to turn

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I need to own this shirt

Cena has some massive loving bug eyes.

He is freaking out.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Some of the matches will prob be decent to kinda cool but drat, I don't care about the build to anything at all on this show. I'll still watch as I've already paid my :10bux: for NXT.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Drinking game for tonight's event: Drink every time you remember how much better NXT Takeover was compared to the dreck they're running out tonight.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, it's pretty much guaranteed to have two cool matches between Bray/Ambrose and Harper/Ziggler. The rest...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GLOSS posted:

Drinking game for tonight's event: Drink every time you remember how much better NXT Takeover was compared to the dreck they're running out tonight.

Why do you want to kill everyone before the pre-show?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

GLOSS posted:

Good thing I don't drink, otherwise I'd be dead already and the preshow hasn't even begun.

Great White Hope posted:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I apologise in advance for watching this show live, as every time I watch a ppv live it's loving shite.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

GLOSS posted:

im game for this

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would rate this show Little Caesars

I wouldn't, not now that they have the pretzel crust

Great White Hope posted:

They're doing us a favor

Joey McChrist posted:

erick rowan

clap clap clapclapclap

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Take a shot if Kevin Owens/CJ Parker was better than the current match. Take two if Baron Corbin vs Random Guy was better than the current match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

They're doing us a favor

I can accept this reasoning.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DeathChicken posted:

Take a shot if Kevin Owens/CJ Parker was better than the current match. Take two if Baron Corbin vs Random Guy was better than the current match.

jesus man we want an open casket funeral

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How much does it cost us to get Tables Ladders Chairs and Stairs, Mick?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I need to own this shirt

What the hell is happening to Kane's eye?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Delsaber posted:

What the hell is happening to Kane's eye?

BIG GUY
BLACK EYE

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pretty much

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Setting the over/under for the length of divas title match at 6 minutes.

Your not supposed to use that concept correctly!

That's an easy under to take.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This PPV looks like it'll be kind of meh, but I hope they keep adding weapons to the name every year. Next year I want Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, and Stairs, and Kendo Sticks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Let's do thIS?!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I haven't hated a PPV since the network started.

Tonight might have a good chance at it. Save us, Ziggler.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why is Paul being mean to renee?!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Paul is having none of your silver shirt poo poo Renee.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Why is Paul being mean to renee?!

He's secretly a Real American.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Does this 999 count for my predictions?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hang on hang on hang on..... so Seth doesn't automatically become Number One Contender if he beats Cena tonight? :psyduck:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope Big Show pulls out some oversized stairs tonight.

Jerusalem posted:

Hang on hang on hang on..... so Seth doesn't automatically become Number One Contender if he beats Cena tonight? :psyduck:

He already has Money in the Bank, it would be kind of redundant.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
When I say "Pre-Show"

You say "Jobbers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

distraction finishes are just the best

• Locked thread