Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Keep confirming. I'm gonna hit the sack, I'll get things rolling as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ready!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Confirmed. Ugh. This is not a great day.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Confirmed!!!!!!!!!11111

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Confirmed! I am the hotel itself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I am some music jammer but I couldn't view the youtube where I am at so I'll do that later~

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Confirmed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Confirmed.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote Somberbrero

Like I did in my first game of mafia ever, I'm targeting the person who had the least to say after receiving their role PM.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ernie. posted:

##vote Somberbrero

Like I did in my first game of mafia ever, I'm targeting the person who had the least to say after receiving their role PM.

You hear the voice of Bill Szymczyk over the PA...

I'm still waiting on a couple confirmations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If we don't get those confirmations before a bit later tonight, I'm gonna roll tape anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Confirmed.

I have a stupid work "retreat" so won't be round much for the next couple of days.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Screw it. Let's play.

It's already after midnight, but you've only been awake for five hours or so. They're whooping and yelling across the room, the bassist telling a lengthy joke about the women in Wichita, and you light a joint to keep the vibe together. The engineer's on the other side of the glass, frowning at the mixing board, yelling inaudibly at the gofer the label sent along. You glance around the room, everyone's ready for either another take or to just keep drinking, you can't quite tell. Leaning back against the wall with its wooden sound baffles, you get that itch between your shoulders and rub it out good, an undignified look if ever there was one, but gently caress it. It's rock & roll, and the glamour's on the stage, not in the studio. The engineer thumbs the PA. "Ready?"

Of course you're ready. You were born ready.

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (1): Ernie.

Not Voting (12): Amoeba102, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 16th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

turbo turbo turbo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My band is named after a dildo!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Strawberry Alarm Clock?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

turbo turbo turbo

Sure, ##vote Somberbrero

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote Somberbrero

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

I'm two decades too late and probably wrong continent to really "get" who I am, but my hair's kind of cool. I guess. In that unwashed way.

why are we voting for the sad hat

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Proctor Cat posted:

I'm two decades too late and probably wrong continent to really "get" who I am, but my hair's kind of cool. I guess. In that unwashed way.

why are we voting for the sad hat

##vote Proctor Cat

Stop asking questions!

It's okay if we turbo me, I've got a lot to do at work the next couple weeks.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sounds good Ace!

##vote somber

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

AHA this is obviously rodeohead

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

I've an inquisitive mind :colbert:

##vote Somberbrero

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

capps wanna town mind meld?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Ras can't ferret out the scum on this lynch afterwards then he's probably scum himself.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
turbo turbo turbo! Best of luck with your work poo poo, Somber!

##vote Somber

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why turbo and not, you know, look for a replacement if it's really necessary?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh I absolutely don't need a replacement, but I'm VT and hopefully you can all use this to achieve something more important. Like lynching either Procter or Ras. I think Procter's initial hesitation to jump on this bandwagon is very telling and I'm not sure why Ras is so down for this sudden death turbo.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay

##vote proctor

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Oh I absolutely don't need a replacement, but I'm VT and hopefully you can all use this to achieve something more important. Like lynching either Procter or Ras. I think Procter's initial hesitation to jump on this bandwagon is very telling and I'm not sure why Ras is so down for this sudden death turbo.

How exactly does Procter's unwillingness to hop on the turbo make him scummy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Town probably doesn't give a poo poo about looking bad on a turbo, scum would. Moreover he's hesitant until he's called out on it and then jumps on when he realizes it looks bad anyway.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote proctor as per my initial declaration.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

i don't think this is an honest question

something about how transparent somberero's words were strikes me as odd that they'd warrant questioning from EXAKT

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote proctor

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah I agree with you Ernie.

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

I'm just not much for utilitarianism, man. I figure you flip town, we're down one person, and that person's perspective over the next few days we could otherwise have in scum hunting.

If majority thinks our better option is to turbo and build cases off whatever results then I'll cop to that flow. Consider though: if I'm scum, why would I raise any questions about lynching Somber? If you believe they're town, I benefit in letting them eat floor, and I have more to work with to avoid a D2 lynch. It's possible we're scummers in arms, sure, but then you have to wonder at our angle: what's the likelihood I'm trying to protect a PR by making a play to draw attention to myself. I'd like this + stuff like Ernie spearheading a turbo for Somber (& then swapping vote to me) to be stuff we talk about. The more talking we have going on, the more substance we have to root through to uncover scum.

##unvote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Town probably doesn't give a poo poo about looking bad on a turbo, scum would. Moreover he's hesitant until he's called out on it and then jumps on when he realizes it looks bad anyway.

Ah, that makes sense.

Ernie. posted:

i don't think this is an honest question

something about how transparent somberero's words were strikes me as odd that they'd warrant questioning from EXAKT

It was an honest question. I'm not really familiar with what is or isn't scummy when it comes to turbos.

Proctor Cat posted:

I'm just not much for utilitarianism, man. I figure you flip town, we're down one person, and that person's perspective over the next few days we could otherwise have in scum hunting.

If majority thinks our better option is to turbo and build cases off whatever results then I'll cop to that flow. Consider though: if I'm scum, why would I raise any questions about lynching Somber? If you believe they're town, I benefit in letting them eat floor, and I have more to work with to avoid a D2 lynch. It's possible we're scummers in arms, sure, but then you have to wonder at our angle: what's the likelihood I'm trying to protect a PR by making a play to draw attention to myself. I'd like this + stuff like Ernie spearheading a turbo for Somber (& then swapping vote to me) to be stuff we talk about. The more talking we have going on, the more substance we have to root through to uncover scum.

##unvote

This reads super overwrought to me. She starts off saying that she'd be alright with a turbo if supporting one would be going with the flow, but then starts talking about a bunch of hypothetical scenarios as to what would happen if she were scum.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Because as scum you might be trying too hard to do the townie thing. And really, if ever there was an awkward post, that was it right there.
Why did you jump on the bandwagon after being questioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel like Procter is scum but I also feel bad voting a player I've never seen before on day one.

• Locked thread