Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now they need to show them in HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Baby steps!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BCR posted:

Baby steps!
They just don't want to spend the money to broadcast in HD the tight bastards

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Draw's out tomorrow apparently.

ANZAC day will have 5 games @ 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

They just don't want to spend the money to broadcast in HD the tight bastards

But they use HD cameras to film it, as Fox has the exact same footage in glorious HD during their replay.

The problem Nein has is they don't want to simulcast on their HD channel and rob precious viewer numbers from the main channel, because after all it's all about the numbers. But the fundamental issue is that in this country the main network channels are not in HD.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The fundamental issue is gently caress Nine, they're the absolute worst.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

The fundamental issue is gently caress Nine, they're the absolute worst.

After seeing the deterioration of their cricket coverage I'm thankful that we have at least a couple of adequate league commentators left on 9 in between the buffoons, cricket doesn't even have that small mercy anymore.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

After seeing the deterioration of their cricket coverage I'm thankful that we have at least a couple of adequate league commentators left on 9 in between the buffoons, cricket doesn't even have that small mercy anymore.

Cricket hasn't had that luxury in ten years, from my recollection.

At least league has a variety of biases in the commentary booth so it's a little interesting to hear interpretations of events (except for Gus ignoring the video he's watching and forgetting any semblance of the rules so he can rail against whatever nonsense he is angry at this week).

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I really need to update my avatar.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, no need to change your name

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tempted to change mine to a team photo from the tigers 2014 squad with a big X over everyone who's left. We're getting a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah :anasta: has retired

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Two weekend home games, one of which starts at 8pm. Looks like there's no point getting a ticketed Broncos membership for my kid and I this year.

E: and the home game's against the Tigers too. Could this day get any worse?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

ili posted:

Two weekend home games, one of which starts at 8pm. Looks like there's no point getting a ticketed Broncos membership for my kid and I this year.

E: and the home game's against the Tigers too. Could this day get any worse?

Oh diddums your team gets basically every Friday night so never have to deal with altering their preparation or short turnarounds like the pleb teams

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Warriors have the easiest draw this year apparently

ili
Jul 26, 2003

And the Broncos apparently have the hardest. I'm sure within minutes someone will find a way to spin that as the Broncos getting an easy ride yet again.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the Broncos, I hope they come last

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Titans have sacked Paul Carter for a getting caught drink driving for a second time, although they've said he can appeal to the board if he wants too.

quote:

Police said Carter had attempted to get out of the driver’s seat to swap places in the car with his girlfriend just before his arrest.

Has that ever worked?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

Titans have sacked Paul Carter for a getting caught drink driving for a second time, although they've said he can appeal to the board if he wants too.

Has that ever worked?

It's beyond me why the sober person doesn't drive the damned car in the first place.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I guess I can look forward to a bunch of butthurt media up here crying that their ludicrously rigged draw is fair and doesn't make up for having to play harder teams. I love Brisbane.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

The Warriors have the easiest draw this year apparently

Yeah nah not with a trans-tasman flight every second week. How do they figure that anyway, based on last season's rankings?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah nah not with a trans-tasman flight every second week. How do they figure that anyway, based on last season's rankings?
yeah, amount of games vs top teams etc

I don't agree totally but I'd still be welcoming the news as a Warriors fan, also that expensive guy you got from england should be settled in by now and that Shaun Johnson guy is like the kiwi reborn joey johns without the drug habit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the Knights have the second easiest draw and I was like "fuuuuuuuck yeah!!!!"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tigers have an easy draw so I guess that'll be at least one more thing to be sad about next year when we poo poo the bed

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Tigers have an easy draw so I guess that'll be at least one more thing to be sad about next year when we poo poo the bed
apparently Tedesco is right to go round 1 so that's good

shame about the lack of anything else to tell you

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm not putting any serious thought into how easy or difficult our draw is supposed to be. Things change during the season, and you can't let your guard down against anyone in this comp.

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah this too. I'm pretty annoyed that our draw has our first two and last two games on the road. I would have expected to get at least the first or last game of the season at home.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

apparently Tedesco is right to go round 1 so that's good

shame about the lack of anything else to tell you

Sweet we can get his ten minutes of awesome football out of the way early before he fucks his legs up again.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

NRL have agreed to register Turd Ferguson's contract with Easts.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Who is that name code for? I ask as a concerned Easts supporter. :ohdear:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Blake Ferguson

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's a really talented center he just has a tendency to grab women by the vagina when they don't want to

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Look, if we didn't register all the league players with sociopathic tendencies we wouldn't get any games in at all.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

He's a really talented center he just has a tendency to grab women by the vagina when they don't want to

We all have our quirks :shrug:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

We all have our quirks :shrug:

At least his doesn't involve drinking his own piss or dogs in any way. Almost benign in comparison, really*.

*gently caress some of the players in the sport are terrible people.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

At least his doesn't involve drinking his own piss or dogs in any way. Almost benign in comparison, really*.

*gently caress some of the players in the sport are terrible people.

Glassing your wife during women in league week is still the high water mark

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Glassing your wife during women in league week is still the high water mark

Well someone had to protect her from glassing herself...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ferguson is one of the most talented players I've seen tbh. Annoying he's going to be smashing us next year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Ferguson is one of the most talented players I've seen tbh. Annoying he's going to be smashing us next year.

He'll probably do something astonishingly stupid off the field at some point, like try to gently caress a cop car or something.

Mind you, that's true for most players in the NRL.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 20, 2014

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That's what I love about this sport, because the instant I start to feel an inferiority complex about my extremely average athletic ability, I remember to be grateful for having at least average intelligence.

Edit: I do not mean that I love the wife-beating aspect of the game, do not quote me on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Not content with the old boys missing out on the scandals stakes, former great Jason Smith shows the young uns how to do it by being charged with cocaine trafficking.

• Locked thread