Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

##Vote Proctor Cat

Just feels like trying too hard. There's nothing wrong with not considering the Day 1 lynch a garbage lynch, but right now this feels a lot like "guys, guys! I'm going to talk about what a bad idea this lynch is so when Somber flips town I'll look clean!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

This reads super overwrought to me. She starts off saying that she'd be alright with a turbo if supporting one would be going with the flow, but then starts talking about a bunch of hypothetical scenarios as to what would happen if she were scum.

Amoeba102 posted:

Because as scum you might be trying too hard to do the townie thing. And really, if ever there was an awkward post, that was it right there.
Why did you jump on the bandwagon after being questioned?

I'm awkward, mafia-virginal, and susceptible to peer pressure. In all seriousness, though, my being questioned didn't seem to throw up any pauses, so I just did it. I was too quick to do it, especially considering now I'm all 'woah, hang back all, take a toke, let's talk about this, man'. I was more caught up on how quickly everything was moving and derailed the train despite my hesitation to do so. Having done that, though, I want to at least do as much as I can think of to provoke thought and generate content. I'm going to flip town either way.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Proctor Cat posted:

I'd like this + stuff like Ernie spearheading a turbo for Somber (& then swapping vote to me) to be stuff we talk about. The more talking we have going on, the more substance we have to root through to uncover scum.

##unvote

I'd love to talk about this! I think you're way scummier for trying to shift the blame onto the easiest possible target 'THE.... THE GUY STARTING TURBOS' rather than engaging head on your detractors by name.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Also, I agree with Somber. Can the players who haven't played with me before (Proctor/Antivestibular) just tell me how long they've been playing? :shobon:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votefinder says this is Proctor Cat's first game, so we should prooobably not lynch them D1.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also, hi ernie how are you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##unvote

thanks chic

also hello chic

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i am well, work is great and i actually get to take a christmas break this year. i think i'm going to spend it writing a stupid gimmicky half of a comedy/science mash-up book and also playing loads of video games :D

you?

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

Ernie. posted:

I'd love to talk about this! I think you're way scummier for trying to shift the blame onto the easiest possible target 'THE.... THE GUY STARTING TURBOS' rather than engaging head on your detractors by name.

Sorry Ernie, I didn't mean to be rude. I have never seen you play before, so whether your starting the turbo was indicative of a tell or playstyle was lost on me, but might not be on others, which was what I was trying to angle for.

Ernie. posted:

Also, I agree with Somber. Can the players who haven't played with me before (Proctor/Antivestibular) just tell me how long they've been playing? :shobon:

First game ever! :3:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i am well, work is great and i actually get to take a christmas break this year. i think i'm going to spend it writing a stupid gimmicky half of a comedy/science mash-up book and also playing loads of video games :D

you?

I am good! I'm on break from college until January and actually passed all my classes this semester which is always nice, and probably will spend the majority of my time decompressing with videogames/cheesy family holiday stuff until i have to go back to campus

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Proctor Cat posted:

Sorry Ernie, I didn't mean to be rude. I have never seen you play before, so whether your starting the turbo was indicative of a tell or playstyle was lost on me, but might not be on others, which was what I was trying to angle for.

First game ever! :3:

Well welcome to the community! Have you played forums mafia anywhere else, or is this literally your first game ever?

Also Ernie, this is Antivehicular's second game on SA, but IIRC she's played pbp mafia elsewhere before.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

## Unvote Fair 'nuff.

For the record, this is my second SA game, but I've played on and off for years on another form. (Not 2+2, thankfully.)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Welcome to Proctor (and Antivernacular)! :3:

Proctor Cat posted:

That's fair. You should never apologize for being rude in mafia! It should be your #1 goal. >:]

For example

mr.capps posted:

##vote proctor

Capps, you big dumb butt. Why did you head-on ignore my asking you to join me on a town mind turbo series. This vote isn't agreeing with me, it's you blending in and we both know it!! Why aren't you being ~*~*Capps*~*~?

Chic Trombone posted:

I am good! I'm on break from college until January and actually passed all my classes this semester which is always nice, and probably will spend the majority of my time decompressing with videogames/cheesy family holiday stuff until i have to go back to campus

Sounds like we both had wonderful 2014s, then. I've really fallen behind on games these past couple of years. Let me know if you haven't played Borderlands 2 or BattleBlock Theater yet either!

Somberbrero posted:

If Ras can't ferret out the scum on this lynch afterwards then he's probably scum himself.

Somberbrero posted:

Oh I absolutely don't need a replacement, but I'm VT and hopefully you can all use this to achieve something more important. Like lynching either Procter or Ras.

You became confident in Ras being scum very quickly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Proctor Cat posted:

mafia-virginal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I just got a strong gut feel from that hop-on and I'm trying to trust my instincts more because I often talk myself out of my correct convictions.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Capps is feeling threatened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps be nice.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
THERE IS NO EXCUSE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I agree tho, it does feel weird that Ras in particular stands out to me, but the best way I can describe it is that I would play that situation the exact same way as scum and Ras is very good at mafia so I'm inherently suspicious of him in a way that is sometimes tiring. Also I've been drinking a little.

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Well welcome to the community! Have you played forums mafia anywhere else, or is this literally your first game ever?

Also Ernie, this is Antivehicular's second game on SA, but IIRC she's played pbp mafia elsewhere before.

Literally first game ever.

Ernie. posted:

You should never apologize for being rude in mafia! It should be your #1 goal. >:]

I came here to smoke weed and make jams :colbert:

You are here to kill the Eagles. Admittedly my experience w the Eagles is performing one of their songs once at a Christmas fete (which was neither Christmas-y or Australian), but I'm sure they've brought joy enough to people's lives to warrant not snuffing them out in their prime(?)

Proctor Cat
Jul 28, 2012

Proctor Cat posted:

You are here to kill the Eagles. Admittedly my experience w the Eagles is performing one of their songs once at a Christmas fete (which was neither Christmas-y or Australian), but I'm sure they've brought joy enough to people's lives to warrant not snuffing them out in their prime(?)

Upon googling it turns out I didn't do an Eagles song, but a Daddy Cool song called Eagle Rock. Which makes more sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQfAZVsz6KM

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Haha, that'd be pretty pretentious for the Eagles to do a song called Eagle Rock. Or, unimaginative. Either one.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

THERE IS NO EXCUSE

Today I was at my virginal-badminton experience and got to chatting with one of the better players about how to improve my game. Turns out he plays competitively and his chosen way to unwind is to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I almost became his friend but then he told me that he believes that Keystone XL is the best thing that can happen to our world and that as a Financial Investor his life is so great that the most difficult decision he has to make is what Fantasy Football trades he needs to do. Capps, this is the company you keep.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Hey Somber if you don't die can we have our Traditional Townie Slapfight. I would be sad if we did not.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey Somber if you don't die can we have our Traditional Townie Slapfight. I would be sad if we did not.

How do you know he's not scum?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

If Ras can't ferret out the scum on this lynch afterwards then he's probably scum himself.
Every time you said this before you were scum :P

I'm honestly just not paying that much attention atm - pumpkin cookies are in the house for the night!!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Okay to be fair, the games where I hounded you relentlessly over the course of days, you were scum.

I can't tell if Ras is coyly trying to avoid culpability or if he's just chill and therein lies the trouble I have with Ras most games.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

I agree tho, it does feel weird that Ras in particular stands out to me, but the best way I can describe it is that I would play that situation the exact same way as scum and Ras is very good at mafia so I'm inherently suspicious of him in a way that is sometimes tiring. Also I've been drinking a little.
Literally two posts in the game and you think I stand out, whaaa? You can't be this lazy. Although maybe that drunk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Okay to be fair, the games where I hounded you relentlessly over the course of days, you were scum.

I can't tell if Ras is coyly trying to avoid culpability or if he's just chill and therein lies the trouble I have with Ras most games.
I don't think I've ever been scum in a game with you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Literally two posts in the game and you think I stand out, whaaa? You can't be this lazy. Although maybe that drunk.

Okay you are being super disingenuous. Why would the quantity of posts matter?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I feel like it's weird that more people haven't unvoted Proctor since it came out that it's their first mafia game

Ernie. posted:

Sounds like we both had wonderful 2014s, then. I've really fallen behind on games these past couple of years. Let me know if you haven't played Borderlands 2 or BattleBlock Theater yet either!

I haven't played either of them, actually

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Okay you are being super disingenuous. Why would the quantity of posts matter?
Because there was pretty much no content to go on in such a way that I'd stand out. I can understand if you were just meta'ing but you've got the meta framed incorrectly. When you pulled the "ras is scum" on the perceived basis of me being wrong, you were scum. You were screaming it right up until your lynch. I think you were saying it even AFTER hammer in the game I am thinking of~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

Today I was at my virginal-badminton experience and got to chatting with one of the better players about how to improve my game. Turns out he plays competitively and his chosen way to unwind is to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I almost became his friend but then he told me that he believes that Keystone XL is the best thing that can happen to our world and that as a Financial Investor his life is so great that the most difficult decision he has to make is what Fantasy Football trades he needs to do. Capps, this is the company you keep.

please let this be true

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671094&userid=147412#post436428456

quote:

##vote Rascyc bc he's the best and too good at scum, imho.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671094&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post436566201

quote:

Lynch Ras and Dhd tomorrow, good luck.
3 minutes before deadline after everyone called him scum based on his fake claim.,

Sorry I mis-remembered, it wasn't after hammer but literally right before deadline when it was obvious you were a goner :V

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Keystone is a pretty good beer, I wouldn't mind an XL one right now.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Epsilon Plus posted:

I wish to murder this man/woman for this post. I do not like it and my bloodthirsty nature is rising up in me. This post smells of a scum who didn't have anything to say so they made a sly joke that implies they are town. Let us murder Epsilon and put his head on a stick, and then murder Proctor and put his head on a stick and then they can be stick buddies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Stick buddies best buddies.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
holy poo poo YPM is in this game!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm on a special appearance contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ernie. posted:

Isn't this hypocritical when he's specifically mentioned wanting to talk more with you and you are both one of the guys starting the turbo and one of his detractors? I think you're making him look worse than he actually is by misrepresenting what he is actually doing.

Proctor Cat posted:

I'm awkward, mafia-virginal, and susceptible to peer pressure. In all seriousness, though, my being questioned didn't seem to throw up any pauses, so I just did it. I was too quick to do it, especially considering now I'm all 'woah, hang back all, take a toke, let's talk about this, man'. I was more caught up on how quickly everything was moving and derailed the train despite my hesitation to do so. Having done that, though, I want to at least do as much as I can think of to provoke thought and generate content. I'm going to flip town either way.

This reads as newbie town to me.

##vote Ernie

• Locked thread