Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
D1, opening with Flours to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Outrail posted:

You are bound and determined to have Flours go for the face.

A
B
C x x
D x x x
E

1 x x x
2 x x

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Outrail posted:

This

... Our poor cats! :v:

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
C1

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

C2!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Let's stop being mean to cats. They know the ship better than we do. Flours 1.0 got corrupted. Let's have Flours 2.0 last a bit longer.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
D2

We didn't sell our soul to the demon, let's not do it to a silly artifact. Do we really want to end up like our cousin? Really?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wentley posted:

D2

We didn't sell our soul to the demon, let's not do it to a silly artifact. Do we really want to end up like our cousin? Really?

This. Gotta think about long term risks

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
D-1

As fun as B - Sugar Rush sounds, ya run a substantial risk of clogging your own mechanical systems. Also, isn't sugar flammable / explosive? And... we are really full of ourselves if we think that we're going to single-handedly take on such a daemon 1v1, or maintain the already-crumbling mental defenses. A and C are out.

D - run like heck, look for a better chance to attack, with the advantage of reinforcements.
And who knows? Maybe someone more powerful will come in and bop bop it for us. ^^
/cast Summon: Lord-Sire

But use the artifact because why the heck not.
We've already grabbed it. Do we really think we're safe at this point?
TIMIDITY IS THE SOUL OF DEFEAT

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
It also dampens us. In a fight, we need to think quickly, and react. Adrenaline is a help. Don't hobble ourselves out of fear.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wentley posted:

D2

Exactly! D2

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
D-2

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Arkanomen posted:

C2
The enemy has done us the courtesy of standing in front of our guns and invites us to destroy it. We must oblige!
Purge the demon. The unclean. Corruptor of man and machine.

This. We can't and shouldn't rely on xeno artifacts to fight the xeno, when we have the strength of humanity and the Omnissiah at our side. Down that path a Radical lies, and we're not quite there yet. Instead, FIRE EVERYTHING!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
D2. Having everyone else fire on the dæmon might not be a bad idea though.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Arkanomen posted:

Let's stop being mean to cats. They know the ship better than we do. Flours 1.0 got corrupted. Let's have Flours 2.0 last a bit longer.

They need to prove their worth. They are disgusting flesh bags and only the best can be given the opportunity to become a holy cyborg cat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LowellDND posted:

You are bound and determined to have Flours go for the face.

At this point I think it's a sound response to virtually any external stimuli. Doing something completely unexpected is a great way to buy a few moments.

^^:science:

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 15, 2014

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Switching from 1 to 2.

Yes, I am willing to throw a cat at a demon, but not willing to plunge into demon artifacts ourself.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D2 and Go for the eyes Flours go for the eyes!!! Demon probably wasn't even talking to us but was to our cat we already learned how easy they are to corrupt!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A
B
C x x x x x
D x x x x x x x x x x x
E

1 x x x x x
2 x x x x x x x x x x x

D2 is climbing ahead nicely.

Also, a BG reference? Nice.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

D1

Xeno artifacts are the coolest way to betray the God-Emperor.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
D2
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on this artifact.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Guys.

Sugar is FLAMMABLE.

Remember that this is Dark Heresy. Fire is king. Fire will kill ANYTHING. So lets do B2 and flood the dude with sugar before using something to ignite it and watch him BURN. :munch:

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

FireSight posted:

Guys.

Sugar is FLAMMABLE.

Remember that this is Dark Heresy. Fire is king. Fire will kill ANYTHING. So lets do B2 and flood the dude with sugar before using something to ignite it and watch him BURN. :munch:

;_; a bad roll gets sugar all over us, too, though.
And I daresay it would mess with us more than with the Thing...

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
So we end up creating Doomrider's weirdo cousin Sweettooth?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D2

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Rockopolis posted:

So we end up creating Doomrider's weirdo cousin Sweettooth?

HE DOES COCAINEEEEEEE!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Sugar and talking are suckers' choices. Throwing the cat cannot have any terrible consequences later on, so I go with plan Cat 2, even if we have to burn a fate point its worth it to kill the daemon.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
C2, no daemon can stand up to our intelligence and resolve! ...or our allies' large caliber explosive rounds, for that matter.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
D2. Run away!

Edit: Throw the artifact at it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
D1

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

B1

Since when are we smart enough not to use dangerous toys? We're fuckin' Mechanicus! Screwing around with machines we don't understand is our JOB! And the flaming sugar bath is too funny not to try.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lowell, Arkanomen and I agree this would be a fine substitute for content in the next update:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
C 1

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I say... I say there... What we need is a catapult... A catapult I say.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A
B x
C x x x x x x x x
D x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
E

1 x x x x x x x x x
2 x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

And D2 is the strong victor!

I've started some coffee, and post should be along shortly.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I swear, the hardest part of writing is finding the right music. Today’s channel, Dubstep, the music of hedonism and excess.

Disco Inferno

Drawing on all your reserves of inner strength, your faith in the God-Emperor and His aspect of the Omnissiah - the decades of learning His will in the forms of Machine-Spirits - you spit blood, clear your mouth from your bit tongue. With an effort, you put aside the taste of [static] bile, your voice hoarse but with it’s own strength. “Jeb! Fire!”

Your voice seems to run through your troops with an electric current, cutting through the waves of emotions that were battering at your minds. Jeb straightens, jaw clenching with the force of will as he aims his makeshift rocket [static] launcher, loaded with pods of pyrotechnics - many of them fireworks used in celebrations of Ching Shih both in the Deeps and in the Batteries.

The crack of it launching deafens you, and time seems to slow as you watch the rockets leap forward on pillars of flame. Unconsciously, you can see your arm throwing the sensory grenade you had crafted, it’s unwieldy bulk flying erratically. Around you, your retinue is doing the same - opening fire with flares, smoke grenades, flash bangs. They are buried in the blinding light of the [static] fireworks, and the secondary explosions turn the area into a mess of smoke and fire.

You can’t hear yourself speak, but you shout nonetheless. “Now! Move!” You bolt through the mists, bursts of light and sound echoing around you, all the frequencies of human sight and hearing and more. Ahead of you, Jeb is running all out, and your arm reaches out to grab [static] Woodhouse, who is staring slackly at the lights, drool falling from his mouth in thick strings.

There is a ringing in your ears, a high pitched whine, your war party sprinting to the nearby machines and up the ramps. A few makeshift mines are thrown down, initiated by pressure plates or wires that leapt to wrap around nearby rods of metal. As you get to the height of the reservoirs, you can see the Sisters open fire, tracers tearing through the [static] smoke that marked the target. With them, dozens of grenades belted through the air, detonating into a thousand pieces of shrapnel, twisting the smoke like angry ghosts.

You allow yourself a moment of hope, and then feel it crushed as the Thing strides out of the smoke. The skin of half of its face was gone, showing a horrific grin of meat and incisors. The eyes are the gold of urine, now, the lust that surrounds it like a [static] miasma flickering and uneasy. Its body is marred by dozens of shards that have penetrated its flesh, but there is no blood.
The Thing seems to catch its breath for a moment, highlighted by the smoke and light of explosions behind it, and then sprints for the Sisters. Nearly faster than the human eye could follow, it falls upon them, the machine gun fire and grenades following in it’s wake, leaving a brutalized trail of shattered steel and dented metal. Nearly immediately, you see Sisters fall, that horrific slasher grin on their face. The survivors ignore the loses, attempt to engage with pistols or chainswords.

At the entrance, you can see the first wave of Grey Guards setting up with immolators and powerswords. Their doctrine is short range terror tactics, which works well for rioters, but perhaps not so well with a Daemon of the Flesh. Perhaps they have a chance though. As the Thing snaps the last Sister’s neck, you can see its wounds increasing, its movement slowing. There might be a chance.

What do you do?

A. They’ve got it covered, you should find the xeno and disrupt what its trying to do.
B. Use your elevated position to carefully open fire, and keep your distance.
C. When it rushes the Grey Guards, take the Sisters’ weapons and open fire into the melee. The Grey Guards will die heroes.
D. Combine the plans. Have Megabyte, Flours, and your Servitors engage in melee while you fire from here.
E. Something Else.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A with a touch of E

We're an Inquisitor. Leave the meatshields Grey Guards to their job and go stop the Xeno, now.
However, send the servitors to attack the Demon. Since they're unfeeling, uncaring meatbots, they might have an ace up their metaphorical sleeve again a demon of pleasure.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

my dad posted:

A with a touch of E

We're an Inquisitor. Leave the meatshields Grey Guards to their job and go stop the Xeno, now.
However, send the servitors to attack the Demon. Since they're unfeeling, uncaring meatbots, they might have an ace up their metaphorical sleeve again a demon of pleasure.

Purge the Heretic! The Mutant! The Xeno!