Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

"He should never have won. He is a terrible role model to any Britain. What precedent does that set. Bad day in our history."

:lol:

Maybe if Our Lewis had broken Nico's leg, he'd be a better role model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis owns. Bringing Roscoe to an award show owns extra hard. #HamiltOWNS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Why do celebrities never have normal dogs?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm so sick of seeing Lewis's severely inbred mutant of a dog that I hope Roscoe becomes a bigger star than Lewis.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

gret posted:

Lewis owns. Bringing Roscoe to an award show owns extra hard. #HamiltOWNS

Giving Roscoe a seat and making his dad sit ont he other side was priceless.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Joey Barton is a loving twat who needs to gently caress off... I had a minor disagreement with him over a lad bible story. He didn't like me calling him an uneducated loving twat...

Also hamilton is awesome and so is Rory so it's all good. Best supporting mutt goes to roscoe everytime.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

As a North American, as far as I can tell Soccer is less about watching the game and more about wearing fascist symbols to the stadium and beating up Azeri migrants selling fruit afterwards.

Hence why its utterly baffling that a thread full of enthusiastic Formula 1-watchers doesn't embrace football with the same passion.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Hence why its utterly baffling that a thread full of enthusiastic Formula 1-watchers doesn't embrace football with the same passion.

I hate football with a passion and I am not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about it in any shape or form other than one team has to kick a ball into the other teams goal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I hate football with a passion and I am not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about it in any shape or form other than one team has to kick a ball into the other teams goal.

Sometimes a player does a racism and everyone gets angry about it, so it's actually a good and cool sport to follow.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Lets face it, its not the first black person he's given a kicking.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This explains an awful lot.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I love football, massive Chelsea fan checking in, but fucktard Barton is a disgrace. Also there is probably more racism than f1... Just.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

This explains an awful lot.

Yes, it explains I don't like football and have no desire to learn anything about it??? :confused:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sebastian Vettel posted:

tbf if Lewis had put a cigar out in Nico's eye I would probably have had more respect for him, especially if it was during a race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You're missing a crucial component of the gameplay wherein a series of players will pretend to be hurt and then return to the game in order to make the game last longer. But nobody knows how much longer because the referees don't time any of it and don't announce how much longer. They just make it up however they feel.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Guiterrez signed by Ferrari as a test driver / reserve driver, hah!

Also,

quote:

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg were banned from speaking to their Mercedes Formula 1 team in the immediate fall out of their Belgian Grand Prix crash, this week's AUTOSPORT reports.

Mercedes chiefs were so angry that the pair had collided on lap two of the race at Spa that they took unprecedented action against the pair.

AUTOSPORT's F1 season review issue (which can be read online here) reveals that both men were told on the Sunday night in Belgium that they were not allowed to speak to each other, or anyone at the team, until they were contacted.

In the meantime, Mercedes chiefs cleared up matters back at the factory, which included an intense two-hour meeting on the Monday after the race between Rosberg and Hamilton's team members.

Although there were heated exchanges between the two camps about what had been going on in previous weeks, in the end the team settled its differences and agreed on a way forward.

Only once the situation within the Brackley factory was sorted, Hamilton and Rosberg were ordered to make their way to the team's base.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117154

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sebastian Vettel posted:

"He should never have won. He is a terrible role model to any Britain. What precedent does that set. Bad day in our history."

:lol:

I think Hamilton is a poor choice for SPOTY, but Barton should be the last person to complain about it. I don't understand why the press keeps giving that idiot (Barton, not Hamilton) any attention at all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

autosport averaged all their driver ratings from each race, ended up with chilton last, which i think is unfair for someone who finds it almost impossible to crash.

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

autosport averaged all their driver ratings from each race, ended up with chilton last, which i think is unfair for someone who finds it almost impossible to crash.

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

I would switch Rosberg and Maldonado. Other than that it's a pretty accurate list.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

Chiltons last place is highly unfair. He was better than a few including Crashtor

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I have no idea who Joey Barton is. I'm assuming a footballist.

Anyway, all sports are boring; it's just that F1 has hilarious politics.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The American tycoon Gene Haas has revealed that he will be bidding for the assets of the collapsed Marussia Formula One team when they are put up for auction on Tuesday at its former factory in Banbury.

The team closed their doors in November and missed the last three races of the season. To pay their bills, administrators are selling nearly 1,000 items including steering wheels, gearboxes, race suits and even the 2013 chassis.

It is of particular interest to Haas as he is launching an F1 team in 2016. After revealing that he is considering locating it in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, he said: “We have got the Marussia auction list so I think we will be bidders for some of that stuff.”

Marussia is the second F1 team to hit the wall in the past two months. Caterham only managed to race at last month’s season-ender after raising £2.4m through crowd-funding.

Haas is not deterred by their failure as he believes both teams had a flawed business model. “If we did it the way Caterham and Marussia did it we would have the same result so I think we are going to do it differently,” he said. Key to this approach is taking advantage of a new regulation that will allow Haas to reduce start-up costs by buying more parts from established F1 marques. “A lot of the teams in the UK build everything themselves. They seem to have this English mentality that this is the way it has to be done and that is just not our business model at all.”

Unlike all existing F1 teams, the design division of Haas F1 will be split from the race operation. Design will be based in North Carolina, alongside the Nascar stock car team which Haas co-owns, while the F1 team is on track to employ around 250 staff in the UK. “We looked at a place in Abingdon and there are several available in that area. I guess it might be a possibility to take a look at the Marussia HQ too.”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/dec/15/gene-haas-bid-marussia-assets-new-f1-team

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i remember when haas' plan was to do everything here and just have a small operation in europe to turn the car around between races. it sure sounds like he's going to have a much more substantial base than that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

I have no idea who Joey Barton is. I'm assuming a footballist.

A psychopath who put a cigar out in a kid's eye, proceeded to fight another 15 year old kid, generally insane and extremely violent... and plays for a club owned by F1 failure Tony Fernandes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

also, is there a typo in that article? i've been to the auction site and it sure seems like they're selling the 2014 chassis, not 2013

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

be nice wicka posted:

also, is there a typo in that article? i've been to the auction site and it sure seems like they're selling the 2014 chassis, not 2013

The auction site mentions the 2013 show car is also being auctioned off and the 2014 car (with no engines) + all spares at a later date.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

JFairfax posted:

Marussia is the second F1 team to hit the wall in the past two months.

Too soon...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Too soon...

Well, actually, one involved a transport truck and the other was a tractor.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Wirth1000 posted:

Guiterrez signed by Ferrari as a test driver / reserve driver, hah!

Also,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117154

what a bunch of tard babbys

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Remember when Perez was considered top talent and both Ferrari and McLaren were fighting to get him? Those were the days

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What? He had a few good drives for FIndia and then McLaren picked up up and them promptly dropped him because he's poo poo. I don't think Ferrari was even interested.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
He was in their young driver academy IIRC

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

be nice wicka posted:

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

What? Chilton is worse than his team mate who died because he drove into the side of a massive crane?

Also, who the hell is Esteban Gutiereirez? How is he in a list of 2014 F1 drivers and how did he get a job at Ferrari. Everyone knows the Ferrari F1 reserve driver role is for failed F1 drivers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pastor at 20 is a disgrace. The lad had a tough start to the year but rebounded hard and was the better of the Lotus drivers by the end of the year. Racist journalists IMO.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

What? He had a few good drives for FIndia and then McLaren picked up up and them promptly dropped him because he's poo poo. I don't think Ferrari was even interested.

Perez was part of the Ferrari Driver Academy before he went to McLaren.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

JFairfax posted:

The American tycoon Gene Haas has revealed that he will be bidding for the assets of the collapsed Marussia Formula One team when they are put up for auction on Tuesday at its former factory in Banbury.

The team closed their doors in November and missed the last three races of the season. To pay their bills, administrators are selling nearly 1,000 items including steering wheels, gearboxes, race suits and even the 2013 chassis.

It is of particular interest to Haas as he is launching an F1 team in 2016. After revealing that he is considering locating it in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, he said: “We have got the Marussia auction list so I think we will be bidders for some of that stuff.”

Marussia is the second F1 team to hit the wall in the past two months. Caterham only managed to race at last month’s season-ender after raising £2.4m through crowd-funding.

Haas is not deterred by their failure as he believes both teams had a flawed business model. “If we did it the way Caterham and Marussia did it we would have the same result so I think we are going to do it differently,” he said. Key to this approach is taking advantage of a new regulation that will allow Haas to reduce start-up costs by buying more parts from established F1 marques. “A lot of the teams in the UK build everything themselves. They seem to have this English mentality that this is the way it has to be done and that is just not our business model at all.”

Unlike all existing F1 teams, the design division of Haas F1 will be split from the race operation. Design will be based in North Carolina, alongside the Nascar stock car team which Haas co-owns, while the F1 team is on track to employ around 250 staff in the UK. “We looked at a place in Abingdon and there are several available in that area. I guess it might be a possibility to take a look at the Marussia HQ too.”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/dec/15/gene-haas-bid-marussia-assets-new-f1-team

does nick the norse still post here ever? i wonder if buying the 2014 would give him any actual advantage considering he's had like 18 months to build a car for 2016

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

He drove for the Ferrari engined Sauber then

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Reading Ferrari's announcement about Guiterrez and you can get a sense that it was purely done for commercial purposes in order to get access to his Mexican sponsors and market, lol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Perez's 2012 was weird. He tailed off very badly towards the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Reading Ferrari's announcement about Guiterrez and you can get a sense that it was purely done for commercial purposes in order to get access to his Mexican sponsors and market, lol.

It's pretty shameful, I expect better from the Scud.

• Locked thread