Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RadicalR posted:

Okay, what do I charge for a foil card that apparently doesn't have a pricing history?

Vermis (Foil)

20$. It'll either sell or get a history. Probably it'll sell for like 3$ if you're lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I guess I should be playing more games on my backlog... but I haven't unlocked all the characters in Lego Marvel Superheroes yet!

That is such a fun game :)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Holy crap we're getting Warhammer Quest on Steam! :dance:

Man, I hope it comes with the Roleplay Book stuff. I want my wizard to get drunk and wake up with MITEE WARREOR tattooed on his forehead!

e: goddammit there's in-game purchases.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Spiderdrake posted:

I finished it months ago and still listen to some of the music to this day. The game itself really hits the balance between rewarding people who love difficulty and people who want to love difficulty but suck at platformers (like me!)

If you haven't tried Risk of Rain, it is not dissimilar, although I don't know if they've ironed out the flaws in the new engine.

I've played around with RoR a little bit--I found it insanely frustrating at first, but then I had a couple decent runs and enjoyed it a little more. It didn't grab me like RL did--I just love the way RL plays. The movement in RoR feels a little janky to me--not being able to move while performing certain attacks just doesn't feel right to me. It's a similar effect to Dust Force. I don't like the feeling of inputting a command, and then getting locked out of other commands until the animation is finished. RL controls more like SOTN where you can move your character wherever you want no matter what.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy crap we're getting Warhammer Quest on Steam! :dance:

Man, I hope it comes with the Roleplay Book stuff. I want my wizard to get drunk and wake up with MITEE WARREOR tattooed on his forehead!

e: goddammit there's in-game purchases.

Looks like it's just the iOS port.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
It also sounds like you buy the Deluxe version, for like twice the cost, and get all these normally in-game purchasable stuff like extra characters and areas.

So Lego Marvel Superheores is good?

So has anyone played LISA? And if so is it any good? It sounds like it has a lot of choices that effect gameplay and story, the chance to gamble away party members with Russian roulette for power, and a lot of potential recruitable characters.

quote:

About This Game

A game about survival, sacrifice, and perverts...

Lisa is a quirky side-scrolling RPG set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Beneath the charming and funny exterior is a world full of disgust and moral destruction. Players will learn what kind of person they are by being FORCED to make choices. These choices permanently effect the game play. If you want to save a party member from death, you will have to sacrifice the strength of your character. Whether it's taking a beating for them, or chopping off limbs, or some other inhuman way. You will learn that in this world being selfish and heartless is the only way to survive...

FEATURES:
- Visible character sacrifices that effect your stats (removing arms, eyes, scratches)

- Recruiting 30+ new party members in towns and camps.

- Ruthless choices that permanently effect towns, characters, life...

- White knuckle shopping cart races.

- Expending party members in Russian Roulette for huge profit, but perma-death if they lose.

- Countless hidden secrets in the world for you to explore.

- A life ruining gaming experience.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Welp. Sorry Guacamelee. You were fun as Hell, but your final boss is just bullshit and I don't care enough to spend the time it takes to beat you. It was bad enough that I had to resort to cheese dick techniques to beat that jaguar rear end in a top hat. And from what youtube has shown me - even if I beat you you turn into a big rear end demon anyway and I have to start over. Nope.

(Really though - thumbs up for Guacamelee when the sale starts. It's stupid good fun.)

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ryuujin posted:

Its a great kids game. Its very simple and easy but still fun for adults too, especially if you play 2player. Lots of crap to unlock and collect if thats your thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Am I going insane or are these Dying Light sneak peaks actually presenting what looks like a decent game? I've experienced the worst of Techland, and am slightly more jazzed about Dead Island 2 having 8 player co-op and a more lackadaisical Dead Rising feel, yet the lack of painful player stereotypes and the inclusion of a sweet grapling hook mechanic have gotten me wondering if this could be an acceptable Just Cause clone if nothing else.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tony Phillips posted:

Welp. Sorry Guacamelee. You were fun as Hell, but your final boss is just bullshit and I don't care enough to spend the time it takes to beat you. It was bad enough that I had to resort to cheese dick techniques to beat that jaguar rear end in a top hat. And from what youtube has shown me - even if I beat you you turn into a big rear end demon anyway and I have to start over. Nope.

(Really though - thumbs up for Guacamelee when the sale starts. It's stupid good fun.)
Super Turbo makes the bosses less bullshit. Form 2 Calaca is also actually easier because his moves have tells and if you die the checkpoint is on Form 2.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I played bit Dungeon (the original) a while ago. http://www.kongregate.com/games/kintogames/bit-dungeon

I felt like it got repetitive really quickly. It looks like the sequel added an overworld and some other stuff? Anyway, if you want to see what the base gameplay is like just try the first one.

e: I haven't actually played bit dungeon 2 so it might have changed a lot

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Fun fact: the sale "buy a game, get a card every $10" feature has already kicked in.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Ryuujin posted:

I'll put it this way: when I was out sick for two days last week with a really nasty cold, I spent about 20 hours huddled in a blanket on my couch playing it, and I regret nothing. Not sure if I'll ever go back and 100% it now that I have the mental focus for anything more demanding, but for pure, light, fun, silly, brainless entertainment it's one of the best games I've ever played. Flying around NYC as Iron Man/the Human Torch/Dr. Strange is super-chill.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tony Phillips posted:

Welp. Sorry Guacamelee. You were fun as Hell, but your final boss is just bullshit and I don't care enough to spend the time it takes to beat you.
Was my exact, identical experience. Good maybe even great game ruined by the shield mechanic being over-used.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Auction Winner badge doesn't add XP on top of the other badges. I want more friends.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Huh apparently there is actually a thread in Games for LISA already. Though not very many posts yet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is a region restricted game that is blank. Under the lowest bids setting, it is the number 1180. It might have a castle picture or night setting. Anyone know the title?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 16, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

what was that chrome plugin that lets you mass sell items?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Just figured out the issue so ignore me.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 16, 2014

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Kly posted:

what was that chrome plugin that lets you mass sell items?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl?hl=en

Hunt11 posted:

So I just had to reset my computer due to everything going weird but ever since that has happened all purchase history in my account as been wiped clean. Does anybody have any idea what could have caused this?

You logged in to the wrong account, is about the only reasonable explanation.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, I am tired of staring at this auction. Sold my gems for $35, paid $0 for them. I should be able to pick up some decent games on the winter sale.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tsyni posted:

Welp, I am tired of staring at this auction. Sold my gems for $35, paid $0 for them. I should be able to pick up some decent games on the winter sale.

You paid for them at some point or another. How would you get 35K gems otherwise?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Probably boosted, refunded, then sold again.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

You paid for them at some point or another. How would you get 35K gems otherwise?

I am honestly not sure how I was left with 30k gem after they cleaned things up. I did craft quite a few backgrounds and such, but after the purge I had 30k gems + a ton of boosters I crafted.

I put $20 in my steam wallet when gems first became a thing, and now have $60 (sold some boosters too) that's all I know.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

kater posted:

If you are just looking for Open World Driving Games, I liked Driver San Francisco. I don't recall any point to point driving with fault deductions like TDU/ET2, but it definitely had some great highway/metro cruising. Certainly more of that than something like Burnout has.

I can't believe I never made the connection between TDU and ET2. I love both of those games and generally can't stand "racing" games. Kind of looking forward to trying out Spintires if it goes on sale enough.

For some reason I never got around to playing a Driver game, so thanks for reminding me. I only thought of the comparison with Eurotruck as I tried to figure out how to explain the appealing part of TDU. Then it was so clear!

Spintires looks like it could be interesting, I think I'll keep an eye on it.

DudeOnCrack
Jul 22, 2003

RadicalR posted:

Okay, let's have a little fun.

I'm willing to gift 3 people Binary Domain if they can come up with a riddle that I haven't heard of.
Please make the riddle interesting - I'm a big fan of Professor Layton's stuff, so that should give you an idea.

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

DudeOnCrack posted:

none haha potato famine

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

DudeOnCrack posted:

That's more of a joke than a riddle, but I assume this is related to the famine? If so, none.

You'll still get a game though!

Still one more slot left! Hit me with your best riddle!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Edit: I'm an idiot. With sacks over a dollar, it makes more things be valuable as gems. Right now, it's 8 gems per penny.

Also, here be my attempt at a riddle for that dude here. Ahem...

It can be seen clearly, but takes away when made. What is it?

widespread fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 16, 2014

DudeOnCrack
Jul 22, 2003

RadicalR posted:

That's more of a joke than a riddle, but I assume this is related to the famine? If so, none.

Haha yes none... that's like, my favorite joke/riddle. And if that lightbulb one counts as a riddle I'll be damned if mine isn't one too.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

RadicalR posted:

What have I got in my pocket?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

RadicalR posted:

What belongs to you but others use it more than you do?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Azran posted:

your hopes and dreams

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Azran posted:

Your name.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

What have I got in my pocket?

This is not a riddle. Disqualified.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

RadicalR posted:

Your name.

Yup. :) That was fast.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
What's put on a table, cut, but never eaten

(I've already got bd)

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

ImPureAwesome posted:

(I've already got bd)

A deck of cards?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Jamfrost posted:

A deck of cards?

Yeah

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ImPureAwesome posted:

That's easy - my circumcised dick. The riddle is however how do you know that much about my sex life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Why not.

What shrinks in the morning and grows in the afternoon?

• Locked thread