Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

What's been going on with DG lately? The only match I've seen recently was the one where the Millenials took the tag belts back.

I heard most of the Team Veteran guys joined Mad Blankey, but apparently CIMA and Gamma are still faces? Were they forced to join as part of a stip or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

What's been going on with DG lately? The only match I've seen recently was the one where the Millenials took the tag belts back.

I heard most of the Team Veteran guys joined Mad Blankey, but apparently CIMA and Gamma are still faces? Were they forced to join as part of a stip or something?

Doi Darts.

Naruki Doi set up a dart game to determine who would main event this morning/last nights final Koruken Hall show in a big cluster tag match. Besides that one he set up a dart game to get more members for Mad Blankey because both him and Kzy are sidelined with injuries. It just so happened that Gamma, Cima, and Don Fujii were all picked by the dart game from kids in the audience. Besides that for Mad Blankey, Punch Tominga is a central member of the team who only wants to get DQed in matches or something like that. Dragon Gate champion BxB Hulk's Diamond Hearts are I guess the top face stable and transformed perennial opener with anime gimmick into Japanese Ryback. Ricochet and Uhaa Nation seem to be done with Dragon Gate at the time being.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh wow, didn't know they had a Korakuen show today. I'll have to check that out. I've been out of the loop since their last big PPV headlined by Hulk vs Tozawas since they're no longer on Ustream.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Oh wow, didn't know they had a Korakuen show today. I'll have to check that out. I've been out of the loop since their last big PPV headlined by Hulk vs Tozawas since they're no longer on Ustream.

Right now it seems like CIMA and Gamma's feud with the Millennials is continuing while being in Mad Blankey as MB beat down Santa Maria after the mainevent tag match to lure out the rest of the Millennials for a brawl. CIMA challenged them to a 5 vs 5 war, I think next month? K-Ness is also part of Mad Blankey because of the Doi Darts thing too. Another thing is that Tozawa might be starting an angle with Don Fujii because he confronted him at the show tonight too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

They havent really had a major event since the last Korakuen show, so in all honesty you haven't missed much outside of the stable shakeup

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

They've been running most of their Korakuen's and PPVs on NicoNico. Their final show/PPV of the year FINAL GATE will be on there on the 28th.

I just finished yesterday's Korakuen. The crowd is much better than Korakuen a few weeks ago. It really was a show of two halves: Matches without new Mad Blankey and the matches with them. It's also pretty weird of a show to be the proverbial "Go Home" to Final Gate, and not much build up for the Dream Gate match between Hulk and Takagi (To be honest Hulk v Takagi is a pretty well-tread rivalry and the largest story is Hulk trying to take out all of his generational rivals imo.) There is a lot of Twin Gate and Triangle Gate interaction and it feels like they are really building up Shimizu to get his first title win. And Doi Darts. OH DOI DARTS.

This was probably my favorite Doi Darts match. You have so many stories that are being tied up/explored in a ten man match. It's complete DG style so YMMV, but I absolutely loved it. The crowd reacted incredibly towards the reveals of Fuiji/Osaka 06 as Mad Blankey members and their interactions with PT and the rest of the people in the match were great. They really have something with Yuga Hayashi. I've been catching up with his matches lately and he really made Doi Darts his own and a great way to send off 2014.

I'm really interested to see where the company goes from here. I thought that Mad Blankey was really long in the tooth but adding K-Ness/Fuiji/Osaka 06 makes it so interesting. I don't think they'll do anything with Jimmyz because they are perfect in this role and Yuga doesn't make a good fit with Millenials and it seems like he's casting them aside. Considering their gaijin situation, I'm glad to see DG's elevation of their young kids.

Also Don Fuiji in Mad Blankey is the best thing ever.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I could see Don Fuiji and Punch winning the Twin Gate or something. Is Punche's gimmick also part over the top Nakamura? Because it looked like he did an extreme version of the vibrating stomp and was tuning up the bomaye. Someone else somewhere suggested Yuga joins Monster Express seeing as the status for Uhaa and Ricochet is kind of up in the air.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

I could see Don Fuiji and Punch winning the Twin Gate or something. Is Punche's gimmick also part over the top Nakamura? Because it looked like he did an extreme version of the vibrating stomp and was tuning up the bomaye. Someone else somewhere suggested Yuga joins Monster Express seeing as the status for Uhaa and Ricochet is kind of up in the air.

PT is the "God of Cheating" and he tries to do anything to cheat and to win the dirtiest way possible. It's why you had a trio of him/Ryu/Kzy for a while. The Shinsuke thing was probably just a wink wink to fans since Doi Darts is usually all fan service. I don't know about him and Fuiji as a Twin Gate team, it seems that they are going to try and have T&E take out the "top" teams so I could see their next defense being Marraha Issappa if they get past YAMAKong.

I think Yuga is still a ways from unit membership. He's sort of at the level where Shimizu was when he joined Fuiji Beya. MX needs a "loss pole" and a younger member and Tozawa's pretty keen on him so I think that makes the most sense (esp since there isn't any indication when or if Uhaa will be back (Ricochet is doubtful with that LU contract & NJPW was hot after him beforehand)).

I'm going to finally do the unit breakdown over the next few days seeing that things might be a bit more stable with Mad Blankey evolving.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So FINAL GATE is tonight. I completely slept on it. Here's the card:

12/28 - FINAL GATE - Fukuoka [ON NICONICO]

Open the Dream Gate - (20th Champion) BxB Hulk [DIA HEARTS] v Shingo Takagi [MONSTER EXPRESS] - 4th Defense
Open the Twin Gate - (34th Champions) T-Hawk/Eita [MILLENIALS] v YAMATO/Cyber Kong [MAD BLANKEY SP] - 1st Defense
Open the Triangle Gate - (51st Champions) Ryo "Jimmy" Saito/Jimmy Susumu/Genki Horiguichi H.A.Gee.Mee!! [JIMMYZ] v Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid/Big R Shimizu [DIA HEARTS] - 2nd Defense
CIMA/K-Ness/GAMMA [MAD BLANKEY SP] v Masato Yoshino/Akira Tozawa/Shachihoko BOY [MONSTER EXPRESS]
Open the Brave Gate - (25th Champion) Flamita [MILLENIALS] v Punch Tominaga [MAD BLANKEY SP] - 8th Defense
U-T/Yosuke♡Santa Maria [MILLENIALS] v Don Fuiji/Mondai Ryu [MAD BLANKEY SP]
Jimmy KAGETORA/Jimmy Kanda/Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Dolphin [JIMMYZ] v Yuga Hayashi/"Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa/"Mr. High Tension" Kotoka

The title matches look really good, especially the Dream and Twin. Cyber Kong works best in a tag format and T&E are looking for YAMAKong's head after the zombie Veteran beat down to end Korakuen. Hulk and Takagi hasn't been as built up as the rest of Hulk's defenses, so it makes me wonder if some poo poo is going down. With a successful defense, Hulk will have taken down each of his generational rivals outside of Yoshino. So this could be a big year end change or Hulk stands tall looking into 2015. The Zombie Veterans trio vs Monster Express should be a lot of fun as well as the greatest man in the world, Don Fuiji, teaming up with Ryu against the returning U-T and Santa Maria.

Alan4L, being the gentleman and scholar that he is, posted a good guide to ordering this show on NicoNico on F4W/WON.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/40501-how-to-order-tomorrow-nights-dragon-gate-ippv

I don't think I'm going to stay up to watch this (not because I'm not excited, more due to having a full travel day today/yelling at Miami losing to the Ol Ball Coach), but I'll watch it first thing in the morning and have my thoughts.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks. WK's basically free this year and I got a nice bonus so I think I'll checl this out

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Final Gate's starting if anyone's up and interested

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Final Gate's starting if anyone's up and interested

i'm here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My gate is ready to be opened.

e: I'm an hour late because I cannot time zones

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 28, 2014

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Only caught the last two matches but god drat that main event was a war.

I hope Hulk is okay :(

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'm just going to edit my thoughts in as I watch through the show.

Yuga is already so good, but they didn't give him and the Jimmyz much of a chance being saddled with Stalker and Kotoka (who might be the worst wrestler regularly working in a major fed). That first match did no favors for anyone.

Don Fuiji as Punch Tominaga's sleazy grandpa is the gimmick of the decade.

I'm not as high on Flamita as many seem to be but I thought him and PT had a lot of chemistry. Tomi's really come into his own with the heel turn/gimmick change. I wouldn't be surprised if they get an apuestas after the finish of the Brave Gate match.

That powerbomb onto the ring of empty beer cans is such a dick move, GAMMA. I really like the Zombie Veterans trio. K-ness is crazy underrated, GAMMA is best as a heel and CIMA seems to be having a ball out there.

So far the card hasn't had any blowaway matches but nothing's been outright bad outside the opener.

Loved the Triangle Gate match. Seemed to be the first one the crowd was really into and Shimizu was :3: as get out.

Goddamn was the Twin Gate match a war. I'm expecting Tozawa somehow one of the next challengers when they panned to him at the announcers table.

That Dream Gate Match. I hope Hulk is okay after that.

I also finally posted the Unit Rundown. I hope to get some graphics together for the 2015 thread.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 28, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I'm not as high on Flamita as many seem to be but I thought him and PT had a lot of chemistry. Tomi's really come into his own with the heel turn/gimmick change. I wouldn't be surprised if they get an apuestas after the finish of the Brave Gate match.
I dont think Flamita is a guy who can have a great match with anybody. He's still young and has some bad habits. That being said, everything he does looks so effortless and beautiful.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

I dont think Flamita is a guy who can have a great match with anybody. He's still young and has some bad habits. That being said, everything he does looks so effortless and beautiful.

Yeah I have to remind myself he just turned 20. It just felt like Dave and others were fellating him earlier this year after his amazing match with Susumu and overlooking the fact that Susumu had just as much to do with that match as Flamita did. Hopefully his body can hold up, DTU and DG isn't the easiest style for long term health.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Powerbomb onto beer cans? I'm gonna have to get this show.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I imagine Dragon Kid's slowed down quite a bit over the years. I used to watch him in Toryumon and the dude could probably nail a rana off the roof of a bullet train. How does his style compare now?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I imagine Dragon Kid's slowed down quite a bit over the years. I used to watch him in Toryumon and the dude could probably nail a rana off the roof of a bullet train. How does his style compare now?

He's not too bad. He will never reach the heights of Kid v Darkness Dragon again, but he's less botchy and less dangerous than he was in the Do FIXER era. He did nearly kill U-T earlier this year, but aside that, he hasn't aged poorly.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cima is heel????? or he just hates millennials? don't be a jerk, CIMA

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

yea ok posted:

cima is heel????? or he just hates millennials? don't be a jerk, CIMA

It feels like CIMA is playing heel the same way he did in Blood Warriors: does lovely things but the crowds still cheer for him. He very much hates Millenials and isn't going to stop until he can deport them back to Mexico.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll allow it. thanks for the faction writeup i've been severely out of the dragon gate loop since the 75 minute BW/JIII kouraken match. which is what like 3 years ago by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
New Dragon Gate thread for 2015 with actual graphics!

• Locked thread