Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bobtista posted:

Did this last night and while the payout was great it took me like 15 minutes to escape my wanted level due to 5 stars online apparently increasing police's psychic powers and giving them all xray vision.
Kill yourself.
Seriously, it's just quicker to die and respawn if you're solo'ing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Croccers posted:

Kill yourself.

Bobtista posted:

Did this last night and while the payout was great it took me like 15 minutes to escape my wanted level due to 5 stars online apparently increasing police's psychic powers and giving them all xray vision.

I never thought of killing myself, I usually just call them off via Lester. But the former would work just as well.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
The forecast calls for mainly cloudy with a 10% chance of monster trucks.

http://youtu.be/CWuldvSBv5s

It's too bad voice doesn't get recorded too because the whole room busting out laughing was just as funny as the incident itself. You guys are fun. My race went completely downhill after that. It's too hard to drive and laugh at the same drat time.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Thaxxas posted:

It's too bad voice doesn't get recorded too because the whole room busting out laughing was just as funny as the incident itself. You guys are fun. My race went completely downhill after that. It's too hard to drive and laugh at the same drat time.

That's awesome.

I need to figure out a way for me to get more involved with LLJK stuff.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Zip! posted:

That's awesome.

I need to figure out a way for me to get more involved with LLJK stuff.

EST primetime has been pretty active. If that's when your active add a bunch of us to your friends list because joining friends is less broken than joining crew members.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thaxxas posted:

:lol:

I didn't realize he got both of us, holy poo poo that was funny. samuraipaul said he was right behind us and got a good view of it - hopefully he posts his cut.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So here's a question. My gaming group is likely largely going to pick this up and we want to hit up the multiplayer pretty quick after release on PC, since I've heard GTA Online will be a day 0 thing on PC, and I'm wondering if there's any good quick start guides by those already experienced in the PS4 version?

Also, anyone know much on how the PC servers will work? Are they self-hosted or..? We want to setup a first person only one, since I've read that's been confirmed as an option on PC.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Thaxxas posted:

EST primetime has been pretty active. If that's when your active add a bunch of us to your friends list because joining friends is less broken than joining crew members.

This will sound dumb, but how do you add crew members to friends list? I was on yesterday doing a few missions with some goons (particularly sgt_driveby or something like that) and I just kind of hope I get job offers from goons.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Thaxxas posted:

Ah I am UK based although that said on Friday/Saturday nights I'm usually on after I get back from the pub which would be EST 7-10pm. Work also finishes for Christmas on Friday for 2 weeks so I should be able to get some time in then too.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Count Freebasie posted:

This will sound dumb, but how do you add crew members to friends list? I was on yesterday doing a few missions with some goons (particularly sgt_driveby or something like that) and I just kind of hope I get job offers from goons.

It's not dumb...took me a bit to figure it out too.

When you are in a session with them (mission, lobby, etc) pull your phone up, they'll be in your contacts. Click on their name and select friend request.

Edit: add me too - cashcamden99

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 16, 2014

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Count Freebasie posted:

I am dumb, but the way I've been doing it is going into the PS4 friends tab and searching through the names of guys I've played with recently and picking the ones I know. Once you get into a party with goons it's easy, you can add to your friends list by clicking on names. Feel free to add me, PSN is Thaxxas.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Croccers posted:

Kill yourself.

Goddamnit.

Kelly posted:

I never thought of killing myself, I usually just call them off via Lester. But the former would work just as well.

I thought of this and instead of trying it somehow decided "no that probably only works in freeroam" which was enough to convince me not to bother :v:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bobtista posted:

Goddamnit.

I thought of this and instead of trying it somehow decided "no that probably only works in freeroam" which was enough to convince me not to bother :v:

It only works on certain missions, so I always forget to even try it. Any of the "steal a cargobob from the military base" missions won't let you use it, but some of the lower level ones do.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

HEISTS UP IN THIS YA'LL (early 2015)

Would be great if they also took care of the dumb inputlag for this patch, I noticed that stuff day one, just look at the PS360 versions

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 16, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

This:

quote:

Being a heist leader has advantages and disadvantages. On the upside, Lester contacts the leader directly when there’s news of a job and it’s up to the leader to invite players into the crew, assign positions, pick outfits and allocate each player’s cut. On the other hand, the heist leader will need to personally front the set-up costs in order to successfully pull off the heist.

Unlike the leader, other crew members get a cash payout for each prep mission, while the leader won’t receive their cash until the finale is complete.

...almost guarantees not doing heists with pubbies. The potential for gently caress ups seems pretty likely.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I will find a way to commandeer that aircraft carrier.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That article and trailer have me really excited for heists. Like really, really excited.
Thank God there are a bunch of good players in LLJK, because attempting a heist with pubbies is going to be impossible.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

Would be great if they also took care of the dumb inputlag for this patch, I noticed that stuff day one, just look at the PS360 versions

That new cargobob magnet....

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MrLonghair posted:

lol we're still not getting them this year.

:siren: PS3 remnant :siren:, let's get something going!

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

PRESENTS: The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

The dissolution of the Zombies13 MC and subsequent death of the Federated Alliance of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we can't honor the death of one of the state's preeminent motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us :siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren: for an evening of car and motorcycle races, kicked off by a motorcycle run and murder spree through Los Santos and Blaine County.

(photo courtesy Ben Solo)

If you have a particular race you'd like to run, go ahead and link that poo poo.

Quote this post to secure your slot (lol there are like 5 of us)

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) BitBasher returns from last-gen retirement! (requested race not available on PS3)
3.) <maybe> TheDarkFlame (PSN: FlamingDarkness)
4.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: Otiosely) [Clowning Around]
5.) Tony SpaZ (PSN: Tony_SpaZ)
6.) The Fresh Prince (PSN: fresh420bonersmith)
7.) Hugh Malone (PSN: Malakai713) [As The Crow Flies]
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

titties fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 17, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I saw a Hind!! I saw a motherfucking Hydra!!

Exclamation marks for new flying things!!!!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Aww poo poo. Time to get good and get money.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MrLonghair posted:

I don't believe a single word of this. I won't believe online heists exist until I've finished one.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

I don't believe a single word of this. I won't believe online heists exist until I've finished one.

Heists are the new unicorn. :v:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

lol we're still not getting them this year.

:siren: PS3 remnant :siren:, let's get something going!

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

PRESENTS: The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

The dissolution of the Zombies13 MC and subsequent death of the Federated Alliance of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we can't honor the death of one of the state's preeminent motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us :siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren: for an evening of car and motorcycle races, kicked off by a motorcycle run and murder spree through Los Santos and Blaine County.

(photo courtesy Ben Solo)

If you have a particular race you'd like to run, go ahead and link that poo poo.

Quote this post to secure your slot (lol there are like 5 of us)

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

I'm down. Horse Factory motorcycles only.

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher posted:

I'm down. Horse Factory motorcycles only.

Nice, thanks for bringing your PS3 out of mothballs for this. Could you link the race for me, please?

E: If anyone would like a Moto Goonzzi or Weazel Action News invite for the event, please let me know.

titties fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 16, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

Nice, thanks for bringing your PS3 out of mothballs for this. Could you link the race for me, please?

E: If anyone would like a Moto Goonzzi or Weazel Action News invite for the event, please let me know.

I don't have a link to the race, I only know that it is horrible. I have to find a ps3 controller....

EDIT: Also holy poo poo, Karen Rebel technicals.

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher posted:

I don't have a link to the race, I only know that it is horrible. I have to find a ps3 controller....

EDIT: Also holy poo poo, Karen Rebel technicals.

I have no way to find it since nobody hashtags their races with the name of the race. If anyone knows where it is, I would really appreciate a link. arigato goziamasu

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I have no way to find it since nobody hashtags their races with the name of the race. If anyone knows where it is, I would really appreciate a link. arigato goziamasu

You won't find it for PS3 unfortunately. It was on 360 and now PS4. I wish I had saved that race so you can see its horror, which is just basically shouts of frustration every 10 seconds.

Thaxxas posted:

This is why I like making figure 8 style tracks. The horn just sells it.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

geeves posted:

This is why I like making figure 8 style tracks. The horn just sells it.

I can't speak for everyone but I was caught completely by surprise. I had my gameface on and was focused on trying to get by Cashcamden and then splat. It was loving hilarious. Full on belly laugh followed by gasping for breath hilarious and there was many more funny moments last night too. It was a good night.

CROUTONS!

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 16, 2014

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Heists look awesome. Hopefully the yacht and aircraft carrier are added to the main map.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is that a... voice for the player character?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is that a... voice for the player character?

Maybe, maybe not. I thought it was a new contact of sorts or someone working for someone like Madrazzo since Lester seems to be one heist and Ron another.

Edit: at 45 seconds you see the person talking to 4 players.

geeves fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 16, 2014

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

titties posted:

:siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren:

Hell, Thursday is my first day off in over a week and likely my only day off before Christmas. I might actually be able to play. Awesome.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I had fun last night. Heists arrive next year. They better be at least as much fun as the activities we come up with ourselves.

Here is my view of the Rainy Truck Incident with a bonus shot at the end.

http://youtu.be/-i_9njNPOYY

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Thaxxas posted:

I can't speak for everyone but I was caught completely by surprise. I had my gameface on and was focused on trying to get by Cashcamden and then splat. It was loving hilarious. Full on belly laugh followed by gasping for breath hilarious and there was many more funny moments last night too. It was a good night.

CROUTONS!

that's one...

Last night was seriously some of the most fun I've ever had playing online. I have a few pictures, but I forgot to upload them, so maybe I'll try and do that tonight. I might also have a better view of the monster truck crash, but damned if I can figure out how to trim and upload that.

edit: SamuraiPaul's is better. Good god, that was brilliant

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

"I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready."

gently caress you R* :)

Can't wait for this.

Sorry I can't make the Johnny Klebitz memorial run, fellow PS3ers. I don't get off work till, like, 11 EST.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I spend way too much money on stickey bombs. --->Brb_alcohol

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
That first line in the trailer :razz:

R* you silly geese.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

SamuraiPaul posted:

I had fun last night. Heists arrive next year. They better be at least as much fun as the activities we come up with ourselves.

HAH! Awesome to see it from someone else's perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

SamuraiPaul posted:

Good stuff, thanks for uploading.

We should make it a rule that during that race, one person must use a monster truck while everyone else has to be on a Sanchez.

• Locked thread