Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not sure what you want from me? The statement was a joke. If you're dying for ~sikknasty reads~ from me it's going to have to wait until I'm off work.

~~~~~~~t0wnlyf3~~~~~~~

hmmmm... wolfy, imo

also, YPM seems rather overeager to spill blood. He's pushing Proctor, whom I think is more likely newbie town than newbie scum.

something about Somber feels off to me. He isn't being his hyper-aggressive townie self thus far, which I feel like he would be if he were VT, as he claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is this Amoeba guy new?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

Is this Amoeba guy new?

not even a little bit. votefinder says he's been in like fifty games.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Is this Amoeba guy new?

Why do you ask?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Why do you ask?

Meebs, are you gonna run any more games ever? You're still my favorite mod

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

hmmmm... wolfy, imo

also, YPM seems rather overeager to spill blood. He's pushing Proctor, whom I think is more likely newbie town than newbie scum.

something about Somber feels off to me. He isn't being his hyper-aggressive townie self thus far, which I feel like he would be if he were VT, as he claims.

I kind of agree on YPM, but that's also sort of his style. It's weird to go after someone as inexperienced as Proctor for such spurious reasons though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I just want to say "C" terminal at Denver International Airport blows. No good restaurants at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Meebs, are you gonna run any more games ever? You're still my favorite mod

Maybe next year.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Amoeba102 posted:

Why do you ask?
I just have no idea how you thought the original joke post was a 'slip'

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't. There was an "if" there. IF I thought Epsilon KNEW Somber was town, as some people interpreted me as saying, that would be something I would think would be a slip.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree that post was bad. EP seems certain that Somber is town, which he can't know if he is town too.

Here's the guy that took it at face value.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon's post at face value, that is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I just want to say "C" terminal at Denver International Airport blows. No good restaurants at all.

its an airport terminal

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ya I don't really like f_v agreeing with my post about Somber. I honestly don't even know what there was to agree with, as I was mostly starting a conversation at Somber who has since dropped it. I assume he really was drunk.

##vote f_v

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That post by F_v definitely stands out in their post history because I have no idea what they are talking about - not necessarily scummy. But the rest is mild, not anything to think they are scum over. They took Epsilon's joke at face value but I don't really see how that can give an alignment call. I guess I'd really like to see more from fiery.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Exakt, can you elaborate more on what's scummy about YPM's play. And is it just Somber playing less aggressive that's giving you vibes, anything else about what he's done?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote EXAKT Science

I don't like his play. Seem a bit opportunistic with their bandwagon on the Somber turbo and their reasoning for now thinking Somber is scummy feels convenient to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amoeba102 posted:

Exakt, can you elaborate more on what's scummy about YPM's play. And is it just Somber playing less aggressive that's giving you vibes, anything else about what he's done?

To be fair, I've only played one game with YPM, where he was scum, and the main similarity is that he was extremely shitposty there, and seems to be doing so here as well. The read on him is more gut than anything else really.

As far as Somber, it's largely the lack of aggression that's pinging for me. I'm used to see him throw more votes around, even on day 1. Not only that, but he's using a lot of argument from meta, which seems out of character for his town game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

its an airport terminal

Plenty of airport terminals have excellent dining options. There is a lovely John Elway's steakhouse in the "B" terminal of this very same airport.

Don't question me on this, I spend a great deal of time dining in airports. Most at least have a Chili's Too or something of that quality. Best I could do tonight was some grody pizza place. Even the McDonalds was closed for repairs.

Also do you have any game-related thoughts?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I thought his points were pretty valid.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought his points were pretty valid.

I thought they needed elaboration. But EXAKT reads as genuine in his response, so I doubt my call about conveniently finding Somber scummy. And if he's genuine then I'm not confident in my read any more at all. ##unvote

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

EXAKT Science posted:

To be fair, I've only played one game with YPM, where he was scum, and the main similarity is that he was extremely shitposty there, and seems to be doing so here as well. The read on him is more gut than anything else really.

As far as Somber, it's largely the lack of aggression that's pinging for me. I'm used to see him throw more votes around, even on day 1. Not only that, but he's using a lot of argument from meta, which seems out of character for his town game.
If you read those posts I linked earlier of Somber's scum game, he pretty much exhibited zero aggression and did nothing.

If we can't kill f_v can we get somber at least?

##vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No one did anything in 'Straya mafia until near deadline. I was out taking my dog on a walk when I got bandwagoned, as I recall.

I'm still comfortable voting Chic.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, Rascyc, Proctor Cat, EXAKT Science, Ernie., mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Rascyc
Proctor Cat (2): Somberbrero, Ernie., Your Personal Muse, mr.capps, Antivehicular, Ernie., Antivehicular, Somberbrero
Ernie. (1): fiery_valkyrie
Amoeba102 (1): Ernie.
Chic Trombone (1): Somberbrero
EXAKT Science (0): Amoeba102, Amoeba102
fiery_valkyrie (0): Rascyc, Rascyc

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Proctor Cat

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 16th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. CST -- that's in about 6 hours, 39 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Normally it's on me to pick a fight and get content going, but that's not really the case here. My lynch seems kinda foregone and I just don't particularly have the gumption to fight it that hard this time. When I'm not leading the game I often end up fading into the background of the game.

This is why I think that meta arguments are largely hogwash.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Exact, I'm not poo poo posting, it's called playing mafia really well. Look it up. I'll have to string you up after we murder your scum buddy ##vote Epsilon.

I don't see somber as scum. Going by meta, this somber is the exact opposite of every scum somber I've seen. I'm not saying he's town, since I think somber changes up his playstyle a little bit (as do I) making meta kind of useless against him.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Normally it's on me to pick a fight and get content going, but that's not really the case here. My lynch seems kinda foregone and I just don't particularly have the gumption to fight it that hard this time. When I'm not leading the game I often end up fading into the background of the game.

This is why I think that meta arguments are largely hogwash.

You're not even half way to being lynched :confused:

There are also a few people who have barely posted. Proctor, Antivehicular, I'm looking at you. Come post and tell us your scum reads!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

You're not even half way to being lynched :confused:

There are also a few people who have barely posted. Proctor, Antivehicular, I'm looking at you. Come post and tell us your scum reads!

I think you'll get lynched for this post later.

There's not much more I can say about Chic. Quoting the posts I found scummy would be meaningless out of context. She looks like she's faking involvement by commenting on neutral points and not reading into alignment when there was a big dust-up going on around her.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fyi i have some family in from Australia so that's why I'm not around much, they're leaving tomorrow so I'll be around more D2

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

I think you'll get lynched for this post later.

There's not much more I can say about Chic. Quoting the posts I found scummy would be meaningless out of context. She looks like she's faking involvement by commenting on neutral points and not reading into alignment when there was a big dust-up going on around her.

Let's say for argument's sake that I've had tunnel vision on Epsilon and didn't read why Chic is scum. Can you give it to me in 3 sentences or less?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Let's say for argument's sake that I've had tunnel vision on Epsilon and didn't read why Chic is scum. Can you give it to me in 3 sentences or less?

I think I gave it to you in two right in that quote, but alright. Here's a second sentence. This right here would be a third.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
She seems more timid town than wolfy scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well Mafia is hard.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Giving the thread a reread: Proctor Cat seems new but endeavors to be helpful. They also have not posted in like two days though. I don't buy Somber as scum currently given his work-stuff excuse but I could see it in the right light. Ernie is doing some A-grade posting IMO and I'm really surprised f_v's vote on him has been around for this long.

Chic Trombone has all of three game-related posts and none of them feel like they're hitting even the lowest-effort bar. I think Chic is the safest vote for D1. Sorry :( ##vote Chic Trombone

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What do you mean by safe vote?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amoeba102 posted:

What do you mean by safe vote?

The one that gives him the most plausible deniability when she flips town.

##vote Epsilon

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's the point of asking people questions for responses if someone else answers. Sigh.

Yeah, Epsilon is looking for a safe vote not scum, and had a forced response to my previous probing question. ##vote Epsilon Plus

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

EXAKT Science posted:

The one that gives him the most plausible deniability when she flips town.

##vote Epsilon

Didn't you hate me earlier for wanting to spill the blood of Epsilon and sacrificing him to the great gods of above?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Your Personal Muse posted:

Didn't you hate me earlier for wanting to spill the blood of Epsilon and sacrificing him to the great gods of above?

No, I was taking issue with your pushing Proctor.

• Locked thread