Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hahahahahaahahaha this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm going to miss this show and the entertaining reactions it brings

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I think it needs to be even whackier. It hasn't gone far enough.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am going to watch this until I get diabetes

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Goddamn.

gently caress this show so hard.

All the writers need to go get hit by a buss.

How funny would it be if Ms. Agron was driving that bus

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

For people who follow spoilers who is getting married?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Sub Rosa posted:

For people who follow spoilers who is getting married?

As far as I'm aware, it should be Brittany and Santana, I think?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

DapperDinosaur posted:

The newest WTF spoiler to come out about the new season:

Beiste is going to transition from female to male.

This is a storyline I do not think we need.

Doesn't this pretty much undo every "it's okay to be an unfeminine woman" plotline they've done since that character started on the show? This loving show

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

xeria posted:

As far as I'm aware, it should be Brittany and Santana, I think?

Show of the year, all years.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Doesn't this pretty much undo every "it's okay to be an unfeminine woman" plotline they've done since that character started on the show? This loving show

Glee undermining its past plot lines and themes, why i never.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh I really hope y'all are ready for this show to return 'cuz here's the first promo

:parrot: Glee, bitches :parrot:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lea Michelle singing Let It Go is the only thing I wanted from Glee S6.

(And the only thing I'll watch tbh)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't decide what I want more: Glee to just absolutely kill it in these last 13 episodes with no one watching, or Ryan Murphy Syndrome to fully engulf the entire show and burn it all down, lovely plot after lovely plot after lovely plot.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Based on the heavy spoilers for the first third of the season, it will be terrible. Looking forward to getting a few more Lea Michele songs, though.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I want it to be terrible. I want it to be awful and so bad that it circles back around into something that is so bad it's beautiful.

I can tell we're on our way from that 20 second promo.

No more Frozen. Everyone just needs to... let it go. <:mad:>

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love that they're doing Let It Go a year after it was relevant

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Warbler Blaine being back doesn't hurt one bit tbh :heysexy:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rarity posted:

I love that they're doing Let It Go a year after it was relevant

It's like doing yet another season of Glee years after it was relevant.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The first song from the funeral march final season, Lea Michele's (great) cover of a song that everyone got tired of hearing at least six months ago, came out a few days ago.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Something that has bothered me about the past few seasons of Glee that seems to be getting worse is the arrangement (not sure if this is the right word) of their songs. In the beginning when they would do a cover on Glee, it would be Glee-ified with an ensemble group of great singers, many times coming out greater than the original song. But lately (and Lea Michelle's Let It Go is a good example) most of the songs just sound like someone doing (albeit good) karaoke. The Glee version of Let It Go literally sounds exactly like the original with just Lea Michelle instead of Idina Minzel. In earlier seasons the show seemed to play with the songs a lot more to make them uniquely Glee-ish. Also Rarity nailed it that this song is WAY past it's prime.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

King of Foolians posted:

Something that has bothered me about the past few seasons of Glee that seems to be getting worse is the arrangement (not sure if this is the right word) of their songs. In the beginning when they would do a cover on Glee, it would be Glee-ified with an ensemble group of great singers, many times coming out greater than the original song. But lately (and Lea Michelle's Let It Go is a good example) most of the songs just sound like someone doing (albeit good) karaoke. The Glee version of Let It Go literally sounds exactly like the original with just Lea Michelle instead of Idina Minzel. In earlier seasons the show seemed to play with the songs a lot more to make them uniquely Glee-ish. Also Rarity nailed it that this song is WAY past it's prime.

I think they haven't been doing the unique arrangements as much these days because they got in trouble for stealing many of those unique arrangements from artists and not crediting them. So since they don't seem to have the talent for creating their own interesting arrangements, they're just doing copies of the original now I guess.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Wait, did they ever actually get in trouble?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Skychrono posted:

In that Fox's lawyers laughed at Jonathan Coulton and hung up the phone, not really.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Skychrono posted:

Well legally I don't think anything came of it, but I've noticed less interesting arrangements since people started noticing the rip offs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692219

• Locked thread