Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, if you think we're making a mistake with Epsilon what would you suggest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Time for people to weigh in on this and get their opinions out early, because it's no good just coming in at the deadline and scrambling to a vote.

F_v, Ernie, Capps, Antivehicular, Proctor and Chic have their votes floating around doing nothing on cases they don't seem to be pushing, or they haven't expressed much opinions at all. Town are giving scum an easy cover.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright, about an hour to deadline, who's around?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (4): Your Personal Muse, EXAKT Science, Amoeba102, Rascyc
Chic Trombone (2): Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus
Ernie. (1): fiery_valkyrie
Somberbrero (1): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, Rascyc, Proctor Cat, EXAKT Science, Ernie., mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Rascyc, EXAKT Science, Rascyc
Amoeba102 (1): Ernie.
Rascyc (1): Antivehicular
Proctor Cat (1): Somberbrero, Ernie., Your Personal Muse, mr.capps, Antivehicular, Ernie., Antivehicular, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse
EXAKT Science (0): Amoeba102, Amoeba102
fiery_valkyrie (0): Rascyc, Rascyc

Not Voting (2): Chic Trombone, Proctor Cat

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 16th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 hour, 14 minutes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm here, but I'm still largely out to sea. I suppose I can swap to Epsilon if we really just want to lynch someone today, but I still am having a hard time sorting through this and coming to any conclusions -- still not feeling great about Rascyc, given that he(?)'s jumping onto likely-looking wagons more or less just to be on them.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just read Epsilon again and say you think about him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Hal, if you think we're making a mistake with Epsilon what would you suggest?

Meh, I could be wrong about Epsilon, but he's sticking to his guns and just does not feel all that scummy.

My list right now is Somber, f_v (hasn't posted much, but what she has feels DISINGENUOUS) with Ernie as a third choice (partial gut call but his early posting felt a little too put on and then where did he go?)

None of them seem like viable options right now though. I'd also vote capps for the love of the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you love the game you don't kill capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey Somber if you don't die can we have our Traditional Townie Slapfight. I would be sad if we did not.

This guy is town duh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh hi.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Chic only got weird with the recent posts, dunno about scum or not but its weird.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Just reread Epsilon's posts, and yeah, they're not quality.. I think YPM went way too aggro about the "townie slapfight" (and YPM has been doing some pretty aggro shitposting in general, for what that's worth), and I think Epsilon has a point about Chic mostly white-noising, but the "numbers game" argument seems really silly and kind of obfuscatory? Of course you should vote for whoever you think is most likely to be scum, but on Day 1 when you're just talking about reads and not voting records or whatever, there's really nothing "numbers game" about it.

Screw it. Epsilon's posting is as plausible for a scum trying to play "active scumhunter" as it is for a legit townie, and better to start the actual game rolling than to have a NL Day 1 that sends us back into this writhing snake-pile of badposting for another day.

Unvote
##Vote: Epsilon Plus

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought Ernie felt towny at the start, but his absence is noticeable. I did want to ask him what he thought of his case on me in light of my answers, but I just didn't really see the point because his case felt genuine at the time.
F_v too felt genuine with their few posts.
Either of these two only have their absence as red flags for me - but that's not very indicative with the general lack of participation in the game.

I feel like lynching Capps is a no information lynch, and he might come back and provide some content to actually allow for an alignment call.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Isn't this hypocritical when he's specifically mentioned wanting to talk more with you and you are both one of the guys starting the turbo and one of his detractors? I think you're making him look worse than he actually is by misrepresenting what he is actually doing.

This reads as newbie town to me.

##vote Ernie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree with Ras here. I think it is Somber who is being disingenuous in his reaction to Rascyc's point on the number of posts. When you're saying someone is standing out from the rest, then post volume definitely matters. Especially if you're making a call like that when they have so few posts.

Something is throwing me off about these posts. They feel "put together"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Antivehicular posted:

Just reread Epsilon's posts, and yeah, they're not quality.. I think YPM went way too aggro about the "townie slapfight" (and YPM has been doing some pretty aggro shitposting in general, for what that's worth), and I think Epsilon has a point about Chic mostly white-noising, but the "numbers game" argument seems really silly and kind of obfuscatory? Of course you should vote for whoever you think is most likely to be scum, but on Day 1 when you're just talking about reads and not voting records or whatever, there's really nothing "numbers game" about it.

Screw it. Epsilon's posting is as plausible for a scum trying to play "active scumhunter" as it is for a legit townie, and better to start the actual game rolling than to have a NL Day 1 that sends us back into this writhing snake-pile of badposting for another day.

Unvote
##Vote: Epsilon Plus

Oh

This guy is scum

##vote Antivehicular

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Oh

This guy is scum

##vote Antivehicular

Yeah but we're doing the newbie thing. The thing is that this game is mostly newbies.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That post has a lot of "acting"

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Oh

This guy is scum

##vote Antivehicular

And new.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah but we're doing the newbie thing. The thing is that this game is mostly newbies.

but but but, he is scum!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Something is throwing me off about these posts. They feel "put together"

The first oen reads as seeing something hypocritical, which seems fine to me on F_v's part. The second just makes no sense and doesn't read as anything to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mr.capps posted:

but but but, he is scum!

this is a good example of "acting" by the way and what Antivehicular's post has a lot of

the problem is he is trying to come across as "conversational" and "natural" while presenting a case

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mr.capps posted:

but but but, he is scum!

Give them a day then.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It's really only Proctor and Antivehicular.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

this is a good example of "acting" by the way and what Antivehicular's post has a lot of

the problem is he is trying to come across as "conversational" and "natural" while presenting a case

some of y'all are really bad at pronouns. Is it really that difficult to click the "Profile" link at the bottom of somebody's post?

also where is Proctor, I want to hear what she has to say.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

I don't disagree, but you know... new guy and all... didn't we all sound that way when starting out?

Glad you are here now though, keep it coming!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

some of y'all are really bad at pronouns. Is it really that difficult to click the "Profile" link at the bottom of somebody's post?

Yes, listen to what this porpoise has to say!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Sorry, man? If I didn't try hard to put together a case right now, my posts in this thread would look like I was posting in TCC. I have had a lovely head cold that's wrecking my ability to brain.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't disagree, but you know... new guy and all... didn't we all sound that way when starting out?

Glad you are here now though, keep it coming!

Not really. You can make the argument typically there is a similar tone, but that post has a "narrative" as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If we are not going to kill the newbie scum can we at least not kill the person who the newbie scum is voting as well

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, listen to what this porpoise has to say!

:laffo: I forgot that I never changed that

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Also super-fond of this progression:

"hey, Anti, you haven't been very active in this thread, give us some reads / gently caress yo' lovely floating vote"

"Okay. *tries to figure out why the lynch leader is leading, makes a kind of efforty post*"

"oh man, Anti's a fuckin' tryhard, LYYYYNCH"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hey Antivehicular

if there are two scum and eleven town, that means my vote has roughly a one-in-five chance of hitting scum, slightly better as I feel there are some people who are most likely town

"numbers game".

capps: if Anti is scum who would her scumbro be

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Antivehicular posted:

"hey, Anti, you haven't been very active in this thread, give us some reads / gently caress yo' lovely floating vote"

"Okay. *tries to figure out why the lynch leader is leading, makes a kind of efforty post*"

Yup, I think I am right on this.

Also didn't call you a tryhard.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I'll give you points for actually playing - all the other schlubs are on my list.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

hey Antivehicular

if there are two scum and eleven town, that means my vote has roughly a one-in-five chance of hitting scum, slightly better as I feel there are some people who are most likely town

"numbers game".

There is actually no chance of there being two scum unless there's also an SK. Why would you possibly think there are two scum and eleven town?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wait never mind there is one possible set of scum that has 2 scum/11 town. Still want to know why you think this is the case?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hi I'm back from dinner gonna catch up real quick

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

the other scum, duh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

There is actually no chance of there being two scum unless there's also an SK. Why would you possibly think there are two scum and eleven town?

hahah I confused C9++ with some other bullshit, my bad. Still, there's gonna be at least two scum.

mr.capps posted:

the other scum, duh

I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also you've got twenty four minutes to swerve to Chic Trombone or Antivehicular (or... anyone else... I guess), lynch me or no-lynch.

I'm VT so there's no real loss to lynching me other than being down a town but it's not a good idea to no-lynch IMO so kill me if you don't have a better idea.

• Locked thread