Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Good stuff, thanks for uploading.

We should make it a rule that during that race, one person must use a monster truck while everyone else has to be on a Sanchez.

Can the monster truck even make it through the chicane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

titties posted:

lol we're still not getting them this year.

:siren: PS3 remnant :siren:, let's get something going!

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

PRESENTS: The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

Sign me up. PSN: Obsurveyor

Aww, I missed "PS3" in my excitement.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Obsurveyor posted:

Sign me up. PSN: Obsurveyor

Aww, I missed "PS3" in my excitement.

Sorry, dude. I tried to keep the old GTAO thread alive for last-gen players to use so we could avoid this sort of thing but no luck.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Best thing about the heists trailer:

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

I'm ready to rumble with my fellow PS3 dregs. Let's bring dignity to Johnny's legacy by adding my stupid clown van race that I only made because the creator demanded that I publish something: http://rsg.ms/d9f78ec

Tony SpaZ
Dec 17, 2009

titties posted:

PRESENTS: The 2nd Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Run & Meth Cook-off

The dissolution of the Zombies13 MC and subsequent death of the Federated Alliance of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we can't honor the death of one of the state's preeminent motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us :siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren: for an evening of car and motorcycle races, kicked off by a motorcycle run and murder spree through Los Santos and Blaine County.

(photo courtesy Ben Solo)

I'm horrible at cars AND motorcycles, I'm in! (PSN: Tony_SpaZ)

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

It's not dumb...took me a bit to figure it out too.

When you are in a session with them (mission, lobby, etc) pull your phone up, they'll be in your contacts. Click on their name and select friend request.

Edit: add me too - cashcamden99

Awesome -- thanks.

any of y'all can add me: trainwreck708

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

circ dick soleil posted:

Best thing about the heists trailer:

I hope they add in more poo poo to buy. I want a mansion.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I tried this for the first time last weekend. Was murdered repeatedly, every time almost minutes after respawning, while a British retard who sounded like he was always talking through mouthfuls of chip butty about how fat Americans are and a hick child bellowed at one another through my speakers. Is that... is that the basic GTA Online experience, or can I do something to make it not bad all of the time?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this for the first time last weekend. Was murdered repeatedly, every time almost minutes after respawning, while a British retard who sounded like he was always talking through mouthfuls of chip butty about how fat Americans are and a hick child bellowed at one another through my speakers. Is that... is that the basic GTA Online experience, or can I do something to make it not bad all of the time?

You can play with Goons. And you can change chat options so that you can only hear crew members and friends.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I'm on the naughty step for 8 days for having too much fun. I can tell I was having fun because some guy kept sending me abusive texts for setting his precious car on fire. I laughed.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Croccers posted:

Kill yourself.
Seriously, it's just quicker to die and respawn if you're solo'ing it.

Or just drive into the subway tunnels by Alta St and the big unfinished building.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only thing I'm wondering about heists is how much the "leader" is gonna have to sink in to make that thing happen. If people can cock it up to the point of failure, that's gonna be one risky investment.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm on the naughty step for 8 days for having too much fun. I can tell I was having fun because some guy kept sending me abusive texts for setting his precious car on fire. I laughed.

There used to be a pretty easy trick to getting out.

- Join a bad sport free roam
- Be "good" for 30 minutes. Essentially, do nothing aggressive to other players but DO participate in the server - robs stores, gang fights, whatever,
- After 30 minutes, check your status in the player menu - you should be back to dodgy instead of bad sport.
- Once you have achieved "dodgy" status, quick join a race via your phone.
- Finish the race - quit when you reach the voting screen.
- You should be back in good sport status.

This used to work, not sure if it does any longer. If it doesn't try moving on to the next job with everyone else, then quitting from that lobby.

titties
May 10, 2012

You have to realize that for about 100% of pubbies and 85% of goons there is no object to the game except killing players in free-roam. If you actually enjoy missions and races or emergent gameplay of any type, you're essentially limited to playing by yourself or in a private session with a small group of like-minded players.

You'll have better luck finding somsone to play with if you link your Social Club profile in the Goon Crew thread.

It used to be that Mountain Crew was primarily the free-roam murder / competitive mission-type crew, while Weazel Action News was the journalism / general loving around crew. Now we have LLJK which is the "i'm in a crew" crew.

titties fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 16, 2014

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Kelly posted:

There used to be a pretty easy trick to getting out.

- Join a bad sport free roam
- Be "good" for 30 minutes. Essentially, do nothing aggressive to other players but DO participate in the server - robs stores, gang fights, whatever,
- After 30 minutes, check your status in the player menu - you should be back to dodgy instead of bad sport.
- Once you have achieved "dodgy" status, quick join a race via your phone.
- Finish the race - quit when you reach the voting screen.
- You should be back in good sport status.

This used to work, not sure if it does any longer. If it doesn't try moving on to the next job with everyone else, then quitting from that lobby.

Neat, I might give this a go. It can be fun hanging out with the other naughty kids for a while and if I blow up any more cars joke's on them. I haven't got any money.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

titties posted:

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

The dissolution of the Zombies13 MC and subsequent death of the Federated Alliance of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we can't honor the death of one of the state's preeminent motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us :siren: TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) :siren: for an evening of car and motorcycle races, kicked off by a motorcycle run and murder spree through Los Santos and Blaine County.

If you have a particular race you'd like to run, go ahead and link that poo poo.

Quote this post to secure your slot (lol there are like 5 of us)

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) BitBasher returns from last-gen retirement! (requested race not available on PS3)
3.) <maybe> TheDarkFlame (PSN: FlamingDarkness [I think?])
4.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: Otiosely) [Clowning Around]
5.) Tony SpaZ (PSN: Tony_SpaZ)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

I'm in, psn is fresh420prince.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can at least set freeroam chat to crew/friends which cuts out the constant howling of pubbies but still lets you listen to them flip out when you kill them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm so conflicted because my winter bonus was way more than I expected and I can afford a ps4 now after trades.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Watch out, if you do it again you are gone drat near forever if memory serves.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Another slightly different view from one of last night's races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTDzTsDGQo

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

HEISTS UP IN THIS YA'LL (early 2015)

Would be great if they also took care of the dumb inputlag for this patch, I noticed that stuff day one, just look at the PS360 versions

my optimism is tempered by.... well, the last year..

but holy hell does this look rad

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I've never used chat in a game before -- guess I'll have to now, what with this whole heists thing and all. Not even sure how it works, but I'll try it next time I'm on with you goony-goons. I'll just have to look up how to actually set it up.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You plug in the mic, hold down the button that makes the little menu pop up, and switch Chat from Everyone to Crew (maybe Crew + Friends).

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014
I've had pretty much 0 success in joining any jobs, crew sessions, or basically anything besides running around in free roam by myself. If I go On Call, very occasionally I can get in a race with 1 or 2 other people, but every other time it says "failed to connect" or something. I'm on PS4 if that matters at all.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

poopzilla posted:

my optimism is tempered by.... well, the last year..

but holy hell does this look rad

:agreed: - I'm just most excited to get my hands on the Hind and Hydra-looking aircraft. Or the technicals w/ the gun mounts which I'm sure you won't be able to save in a garage cause R*

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Oh you'll be able to store them with some crafty glitch, but when the patch comes along to "fix" that, it'll wipe your garages and set your balance to -$500k. :rockstar:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just watched the trailer, does the Lazer have VTOL now?!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Policenaut posted:

Just watched the trailer, does the Lazer have VTOL now?!

No, it's a different plane. The Lazer has a single air intake under the fuselage. That plane has one on each side harrier style, making it almost certainly the Hydra from GTA San Andreas, which was a VTOL.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Looked like an f35, it's only got one engine as well :haw:

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

MortLansky posted:

I've had pretty much 0 success in joining any jobs, crew sessions, or basically anything besides running around in free roam by myself. If I go On Call, very occasionally I can get in a race with 1 or 2 other people, but every other time it says "failed to connect" or something. I'm on PS4 if that matters at all.

On Call is the only way I've managed to get into any contract missions, hosting my own results in zero joins. And it's either run by pubbies who don't know what the gently caress and start the game with way too few players or, rarely, a mission way above my level and I just get taken for a ride. I still gain RP though for failures and rare successes so... whatever.

Also if anyone is looking to grind races for wins before they close that loophole, PM me.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

NOTinuyasha posted:

On Call is the only way I've managed to get into any contract missions, hosting my own results in zero joins. And it's either run by pubbies who don't know what the gently caress and start the game with way too few players or, rarely, a mission way above my level and I just get taken for a ride. I still gain RP though for failures and rare successes so... whatever.

Also if anyone is looking to grind races for wins before they close that loophole, PM me.

pm'd you. I am down to play whenever so long as you're on PS4.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Due to your avatar, the goon crew should have been set up as "JFSC."

Zero...point...zero.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Count Freebasie posted:

Due to your avatar, the goon crew should have been set up as "JFSC."

Zero...point...zero.

It's a club-loving-foot you moron!

RIP, little guy.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

MortLansky posted:

Check your NAT type on your ps4 network settings or config or something. I can't remember the process but it's easy, google it. It's been my experience that anything other than NAT type 1 is nothing but problems and GTAV is the only game that's ever given me this kind of issue. I don't know why. I sell car parts for a living and don't know poo poo about poo poo when it comes to technology and how it works or why it doesn't.

Up until last week I was having the same issues as you, joining online would put me in a lobby by myself, when I did get into a lobby with other players within minutes there would be a mass disconnect and everyone but me would get dropped or I'd lose connection due to an unknown network error, joining jobs quick or via the job menu would get me into the job lobby but 90% of the time I'd get an error and dropped at launch etc etc etc. So after doing the afore mentioned google search I checked and my poo poo was NAT type 2. There are a couple ways to change this to type 1. Open some ports on your router if you're handy or if you're smrt like me then plug your PS4 directly into the modem. Voila, NAT TYPE 1

Since then I've had zero disconnects due to random network errors, no issues getting into jobs, no problems joining peeps on my friends list for the most part and it's been loving glorious. The last two nights in a row I've done 9 job playlists created by a Goonbro for Goonbros and not been disconnected at all. So check your NAT type.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

If you have a particular race you'd like to run, go ahead and link that poo poo.

Quote this post to secure your slot (lol there are like 5 of us)

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) BitBasher returns from last-gen retirement! (requested race not available on PS3)
3.) <maybe> TheDarkFlame (PSN: FlamingDarkness [I think?])
4.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: Otiosely) [Clowning Around]
5.) Tony SpaZ (PSN: Tony_SpaZ)
6.) The Fresh Prince (PSN: fresh420bonersmith)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

I'm down :)

glad something is still going on on ps3, ofc i can't wait to get a ps4 so i can hunt down(s) and grief 95 % of the idiot noobs itt

titties posted:

It used to be that Mountain Crew was primarily the free-roam murder / competitive mission-type crew, while Weazel Action News was the journalism / general loving around crew. Now we have LLJK which is the "i'm in a crew" crew.

you said it best, LLJK has no 'flavor'. lame-rear end catchphrase hodge-podge, no creativity into the concept, or discussion with the thread about the crew's direction or motifs. hastily thrown together to satisfy some sick control urge in FallinInTheBlak (who deserves a new avatar and custom red title for his actions btw) and foisted upon this group of lemmings like bad cold porridge i an orphanage./.
FallinInTheBlak, I sincerely hope to sticky bomb you in game one day. Gertcha you little prat.

titties
May 10, 2012

Thaxxas posted:

Check your NAT type on your ps4 network settings or config or something. I can't remember the process but it's easy, google it. It's been my experience that anything other than NAT type 1 is nothing but problems ... There are a couple ways to change this to type 1. Open some ports on your router if you're handy or if you're smrt like me then plug your PS4 directly into the modem. Voila, NAT TYPE 1

NAT 2 should be fine. As far as I know, you can't get NAT 1 unless you're directly connected and that's not an option for everyone. If you can't use a wired connection, look up the instructions for putting a device in your router's DMZ. Alternately, you could disable UPnP and set up port forwarding. Anything other than NAT 3 should be good.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
http://rsg.ms/e37eb56

lets do this one too please, titties

also: going on to play rn

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Hugh Malone posted:

you said it best, LLJK has no 'flavor'. lame-rear end catchphrase hodge-podge, no creativity into the concept, or discussion with the thread about the crew's direction or motifs. hastily thrown together to satisfy some sick control urge in FallinInTheBlak (who deserves a new avatar and custom red title for his actions btw) and foisted upon this group of lemmings like bad cold porridge i an orphanage./.
FallinInTheBlak, I sincerely hope to sticky bomb you in game one day. Gertcha you little prat.

Sorry for making one big crew to unite everybody under. The crew is just to find players, it doesn't stop you from being in other crews and doing your own thing. Also if you want to Sticky Bomb me buy an Xbox One and make sure you play during prime GMT hours.

If you or anybody wants to change something about the crew then just tell me and depending how much support it gets from the thread I'll make it happen. I've taken suggestions from Duke Chin regarding crew ranks before and I'll take suggestions from anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Sorry for making one big crew to unite everybody under. The crew is just to find players, it doesn't stop you from being in other crews and doing your own thing. Also if you want to Sticky Bomb me buy an Xbox One and make sure you play during prime GMT hours.

If you or anybody wants to change something about the crew then just tell me and depending how much support it gets from the thread I'll make it happen. I've taken suggestions from Duke Chin regarding crew ranks before and I'll take suggestions from anybody.

I forgot to put :evilbuddy:

just yanking yer chain, seeing if you were about ;)

• Locked thread