Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Yesss someone actually mentioned Goat. I just saw them this weekend! They all wore trippy disguises and sounded fantastic. The two girl singers were hippie dancing around stage in shaman outfits waving staffs and poo poo all show long. So good.

I thought I was the only one jizzing about Goat. I've been following them from the first single, and I also finally saw them last weekend. What an awesome show they put on. Surprisingly they packed the sizable venue, but it was mostly a hipster crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
So Mantar are great live and I really wish I hadn't slept on that album. I wish I was cute & German and could poo poo riffs like that. Inter Arma were good too, but really cramped on the tiny stage. They didn't play The Cavern, if anyone was wondering.

Also check out Meth Drinker. It's slow and horrible hateful sludge. Not an ounce of EHG bluesiness here, just pure torture in the best way: http://methdrinker.bandcamp.com

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

nomapple posted:

Also check out Meth Drinker. It's slow and horrible hateful sludge. Not an ounce of EHG bluesiness here, just pure torture in the best way: http://methdrinker.bandcamp.com

These guys are also pretty good live.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Bomg - Polynseeds
Heavy stoner doom with some great riffs. Father and son team, allegedly.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
IRON MAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_aw5IA108

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
Sup boys. New Colour Haze inbound: http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2014/12/04/colour-haze-to-the-highest-gods-we-know-release/

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I was just about to post that. Colour Haze is always so good.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Man, there are a lot of dope riffs coming out of Vancouver lately. The new Weirding EP is heavy as gently caress, and great live as well. Their new drummer Ryan is a beast: https://weirding.bandcamp.com/album/mountain-10

A lot of bands don't do the video thing anymore, but Hoopsnake just put out a killer one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx17gNF94k

Waingro are more on the punk rock side of things, but I get a definite early QotSA vibe from a few of the tracks: http://waingro.bandcamp.com/album/waingro

Finally, M16 are thrash and not really stoner/doom, but their live album rips so hard that I have to mention it: https://m1666.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-bullys

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

lol

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I think i just got bingo *holds up vintage metal card w/ denim jacket, unsubtle black sabbath reference, retro music video, and rise above records boxes all crossed out* so do I just load up my prize now or will you be shipping the orange amp to me?

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Anyone at the Bongripper show in NYC? Should be awesome.

E: Setlist - Into Ruin, Satan, Worship. Pretty much perfect grouping of 3 songs.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 7, 2014

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I never liked black night either fwiw

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Stravinsky posted:

I think i just got bingo *holds up vintage metal card w/ denim jacket, unsubtle black sabbath reference, retro music video, and rise above records boxes all crossed out* so do I just load up my prize now or will you be shipping the orange amp to me?

iron man has been around since the 80s...

e: what the hell is up with this thread? people dissing st. vitus for not being heavy enough & calling iron man posers or w/e stravinsky was trying to say...

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 7, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Stravinsky posted:

:laffo:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

e: what the hell is up with this thread? people dissing st. vitus for not being heavy enough & calling iron man posers or w/e stravinsky was trying to say...

Nobody actually dissed Saint Vitus

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

Their biggest claim is that they existed at the tail end of the 80s (and lets be honest, they were originally a cover band in 1988 and only really started to do anything until the 90s)

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Whoa, Young and In the Way are pretty loving awesome. I honestly have been staying away from them because of the name (I assumed they were some lovely punk band) but god drat do these dudes rock.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
YAITW are loving incredible but do they really belong in this thread?

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

I'm finally getting around to checking out the newest Thou album. All of the praise is definitely earned, I can't believe I've waited this long to give it a listen.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

nerve posted:

YAITW are loving incredible but do they really belong in this thread?

I'm really bad at classifying music, my bad.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sleep played Sydney last night. But to jammy/improv for my taste, but the slower versions of dragonaut and aquarian owned.

High on fire is where Matt really shines. Their new album is high on my anticipation list.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

casual poster posted:

I'm really bad at classifying music, my bad.

you might be tricked into posting about them in the black metal thread but don't do that

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Anyone else see this?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Golem II posted:

Anyone else see this?

Wow that is an incredible lineup :chanpop:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"Headliners announced Jan. 15"

gently caress it, I'd go as-is.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Electric Citizen and Red Wizard gave me two false start heart attacks thinking that Electric Wizard were in that lineup. :sigh:

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
Electric Wizard just got announced here (Vancouver BC) so keep your eyes peeled for tour dates.

mekrob
Sep 4, 2003
These guys had a one-day festival a little while ago that was pretty fun (http://dayoftheshred.com). Three days of that will be crazy

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

ethan posted:

Electric Wizard just got announced here (Vancouver BC) so keep your eyes peeled for tour dates.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You're a beautiful human being.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

:vince:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
This page reminds me that so many bands skip DC and figure Baltimore is good enough. They aren't wrong on weekdays, either. My loving commute :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Sometimes I want to complain that bands skip Milwaukee constantly, then I look and see what it would be like to live in the south, and I feel better.

Also I might as well post this here.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Mother of god...Next year Portland is getting Sleep in February, Yob (and Enslaved) in March, and Electric Wizard in April.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

Sometimes I want to complain that bands skip Milwaukee constantly, then I look and see what it would be like to live in the south, and I feel better.

Let me tell you how much it sucks living in Florida :words:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: gently caress the South :suicide:

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
Tickets appear to go on sale tomorrow for Boston.. i'm afraid on how much the tickets may be. At least i will still be able to laugh at the guy i know seeing the foo fighters at fenway. (Just for cost alone)

Fuucckkk, only if you have an American Express or some BS.. not til the 19th for us peons.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: gently caress the South :suicide:

Yup, living in Florida usually means "Well, the closest show is in ohio... yay"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I imagine having nice weather and being one of the most populous states in the union means it can't be that bad as far as shows. I would think the more common problem is a band just playing Miami or Tampa and then being like "welp, that was our Florida date." Similarly to when bands play in Cincinnati and not Cleveland or Grand Rapids and not Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

nerve posted:

who did this?

Anyone planning on going to electric wizard in philadelphia at the end of March? I don't know many people who'd be into it.