Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Greetings and welcome to the third installment of Drawfia, a game for 15-18 players! I'm Dr. Hurt, your guide to all things Drawfia!

You are sitting there, glued to your seats. What is Drawfia, you scream at your computer set, why is Drawfia? Where is Drawfia?? Well slow down, firecracker. Here's the haps.

Drawfia is a combination of two well known and loved party games. Pictionary, and mafia. And that's where things can get a bit complicated. You must attempt to play a normal game of mafia all through pictures. The past two games have been won by scum, so I've tweaked things a little bit in order to balance the game a little better. We'll see how this turns out!

The first drawfia. Someone weirdo won. Also Donkey Kong killed someone. I don't have archives so I don't remember who.
If you have archives, here's the last Drawfia game we played Last year Eight bux ran away with the game because he was actually good at drawing. We'll see what happens this year!!

Drawfia Specific rules
  • Every post has to have a picture of some sort associated with it. Every post. "But but what if I'm voting??" Doesn't matter. It needs a picture to go with it under penalty of death.
  • This isn't post your favorite memes, PYF is a few subforums over. You need to have at least added something to every picture. The spirit of the game is to draw everything yourself, but people have got a little experimental in the last thread and I don't want to crush creativity.
  • Photos, videos, and gifs are all accepted, however you are completely breaking the game if it's a 20 minute video explaining your reads. Part of the fun of drawfia is the complete bamboozlement accompanied with trying to work out what random art means. Don't spoil it, yo.
  • Pictures can only contain words if there is no other way to edit them out.
  • However, if a picture contains content that the mods deem are unfairly breaking the spirit of the rules (don't willingly break the game to play regular mafia) then it is my right to warn and then modkill you if the case warrants it.
  • HAVE FUN OR ELSE.

Here's a copy of the regular rules of Mafia from Sombrero, but really most of you already know how to play. If you're a new player and this is your first choice of game. Well God have mercy on your soul.
  • Have fun. Respect your fellow players and go for a walk if you find yourself getting too angry at mafia.
  • Don’t edit your posts without express permission. First time it happens in the game is a warning, the next time somebody has to die.
  • Please don't toxx, play truth or dare, or in any other way attempt to circumvent the game mechanics.
  • Don’t talk with other players out of thread unless you are told you may do so.
  • Do not copy any text from communications with me.
  • Don’t use fake day-actions.
  • Respect the hammer, don't post once a player has died but has not flipped.
  • :justpost: I don’t want to be a butt about prodding people to post. I know the holidays are upon us, please just try to post at least once a real-life day. :justpost:
  • This is not a rule, but flavor arguments are not a good idea.

Player List

1. Allen Wren
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. Asiina
  4. AtrociousToaster
  5. CapitalistPig
  6. EXAKT Science
  7. HiipFire
  8. Little Mac
  9. mr.capps
  10. Murmur Twin
  11. Opopanax
  12. Poison Mushroom
  13. The Carpet Shark
  14. The Ninth Layer

To officially sign up for this game, please post a picture representing yourself so that other players don't have to draw 20 potato avatars to be able to tell people apart.

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 31, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Not playing but you should also link to the first drawfia game, I heard a sexy rogue won that one in a nail-biting finish before riding off into the sunset never to be seen again.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Posting to bookmark this thread and indicate my jealousy of those with enough time to participate. Eagerly awaiting being a spectator.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No I wasn't presigning I was just excited to spectate

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yes I would like to play. People should draw me as an octopus, like this one:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

No I wasn't presigning I was just excited to spectate

Well you should have said so! I'm taking you off then.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Draw a picture to represent yourself!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

drawing on my phone is hard

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Are you kidding me? That looks like a professional logo. How do you even draw on your phone? I'm glad I didn't sign up for this stupid game, I quit.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

pussy

HiipFire fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 17, 2014

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Also this is how you should draw me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I tried to capture your likeness Hiip but I don't think I was really able to capture your style.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Hurt posted:

To officially sign up for this game, please post a picture representing yourself so that other players don't have to draw 20 potato avatars to be able to tell people apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKwCsMboxo

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

what

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I was trying to capture your original style but I think you were a little too intimidating

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I will try this. It will probably go badly.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Sorry for being amazing at drawing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh my god that pillow chair :allears:

In

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dr. Hurt posted:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sign me up chief! Yes on plat.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Dr. Hurt posted:

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Dumb question but what is the rule for voting. Do I type my vote outside the picture I'm posting?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yes. Voting is the only time you are allowed to type words out. That's not a dumb question at all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hi I would like to share the greatest work of art i ever made before the game begins

Dinosaur on a Skateboard
Oil Pastels

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

This is a horrible idea. Why am I doing this - I can't draw for poo poo.

(apparently I'm aful at spelling too. I don't even know how I missed that)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Just need one more player! Role PMs will go out tomorrow when the 15th player joins!!

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Is using shape tools okay? My art drawing garbage is approximately 2% better when I use shape tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Anything and everything is kosher. All art is art. Capps's crazy videos are cool. Shapetools are cool. MS Paint is cool. Photoshop is cool. Gifs are cool. Whatever your method is fine!

• Locked thread