Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
The Quest Tables document seems to be locked in View Only mode.

Also, here's some random dungeon generators I found. I'm not really sure how or if they could be incorporated.

http://www.gozzys.com/dungeon-maps
http://www.dizzydragon.net/adventuregenerator/gen
http://www.apolitical.info/webgame/dungeon/index2
http://rpg20.com/dungeonGen.php
http://www.inkwellideas.com/roleplaying_tools/random_dungeon/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Fixed now. Sorry about that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Grey Hunter posted:

I've also pretty much decided who the Great Protector was, so I'll spout lore on that in the next post.
You decided? What happened to tables? :crossarms:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

frankenfreak posted:

Muh IMMERSSSIOOOOONNNN!!!!!!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
GM betrayed us! Make punishment table to decide his fate! :byodame:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Well, I have an idea of his background, but the rest shall be tables, no fear!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sounds like someone needs to see what a Great Protector backgrounds table looks like

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Something Else posted:

Sounds like someone needs to see what a Great Protector backgrounds table looks like

Yes, Yes I do.

Also, 10 points to the glorious bastard who added "store nuts for winter" to the Actions table.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I think we're almost done now, just have a few spots left on the penalties table.

EDIT: Okay, now its done.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 17, 2014

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

There is a pouch table to use for stocking the inventory of the Travelling Pouch Salesman/woman

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Grey Hunter, you should have a public doc that only you can edit, listing everything that's been rolled so far, plus any of your silly fluffy story stuff (which is NOT TABLES!!!).

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
I have added some stuff to the tables, look forward to the madness glorious funtimes that result!

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
Go help fill out the Random Encounters table! I split it up by the environments from the Location Environment table.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Keska posted:

Go help fill out the Random Encounters table! I split it up by the environments from the Location Environment table.

If in doubt, Bees? are good.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Keska posted:

I think we're done with this now.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Obscil posted:

I think we're done with this now.

21 tables + 3 subtables :stare:

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

frankenfreak posted:

21 tables + 3 subtables :stare:

447 possible encounters I believe.

EDIT: But, I'm counting all of the roll again options as one possibility each even though they represent a lot more possible encounters.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 17, 2014

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Most of those encounters seem to be locked up in special 'areas', but we don't have any table that decides what kind of area a certain location is in. I'm not sure if it's better to make one now, or wait a bit until it's necessary.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Most of those encounters seem to be locked up in special 'areas', but we don't have any table that decides what kind of area a certain location is in. I'm not sure if it's better to make one now, or wait a bit until it's necessary.

I'd rather wait.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, it sounds like a corrupt file or something, so I stuck with it. :)

[Location Environment] was indeed meant to be rolled on the Location Environment table, and is indeed a much better name for the city than anything you could roll on that table.

Grey Hunter posted:

Micheal Gauss and Worf, as rulers of [Location Environment] City, have a difficult decision to make. How to they respond? The Shoemaker elves are not warriors, and the Fleshlighters are….. let be polite here and call them a service industry. The Great Protector loved two things it seems. And the Squirrels are of no real use unless nuts need storing.

This is all delightful and beautiful madness. :allears:

Coward fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 18, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The two leaders of [Location Environment] City think long and hard through the night. They finally make their (decision) as dawns light streaks through the window. They shall challange Dolan to a Dance-off! - The Dance off is an ancient tradition enforced by the Great Protector - the two sides pick their champion and then Dance until one side is defeated.

The next decision is who to send in as the Dancemaster of [Location Environment] City. One person springs to mind. (Drone NameDrone NumberHuman Last Name) 2655 Tesla

pre:
2655 Tesla Level 14[url] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/239360]Drone Bee
Stats)
Physical Stats = 5
Survival Stats = 3
Combat Stats = 4
Mental Penalties= 1

Skilled at:
Sexing the Ladies
Doesn't need internal organs to live.
Can increase their power level by screaming.
Too heavy to be moved involuntarily
Can take a punch
4 extra limbs
A backup brain
Purifying urine into something potable.
Night vision
Knows how to fight while drunk and/or high
Killing Voice
Bonus to using laser weapons
Killing Body Odour

Terrible at:
Lifespan
In love with a fictional character
Thier thinking was sound. Bees dance all the time, and with its extra legs and backup dance brain, 2655 Tesla was a perfect choice. Popular with the Fleshlights, its piercing voice made it a well known singer. The smell was a bit of a problem however.

The next thing to do was to choose a location. Worf decided that (Location Scale Location type) the Military Base of (erm… armourers table?) Stayin' Alive would be the host. A message was sent to Dolan.

One day later A messenger from Dolan returns. He is furious that a military base has been chosen for the neutral ground, but accepts the Dance off anyway. The messenger then reads out Dolon’s Dancemaster, and the hearts of the court sink.

pre:
Kirbu - Fuchsion Level 15 Mystic Punurge
Skills

Physical skills = 4
Mental Skills = 6
Combat Skills = 5
Negative Survival Skills = 5
skill rolls, (read left to right)

Skilled at:
Puns
Fast runner
SWOLE
Knows how to dance
Ridiculously buff
Levitation
Inflict Fear on opponent
Can swap people's minds.
Predict the future
The Force
Knows the forbbiden dance
Projectile vomiting
Has a glare that makes opponents surrender.
Bonus against multiple opponents
Always shoots first

Terrible at:
Good jokes
No sense of smell
Cuts himself
Is a fan of Bear Grylls
Hates trees
Kirbu is a perfect match for 2655 Tesla. Not only can he dance the forbidden dance, but the pink spherical creature has been eating powerful opponents all its life. Its list of skills is impressive, even 2655 Tesla’s terrible smell will not affect Kirbu.

The date for the competition is set for (four days ) hence. both sides are to arrive with their chosen Dance Master, then the Danceoff for [Location Environment] City can being!

Oh God, this gets better and better. Not only do we get a dance off, but the BBEG’s guy has TWO dance skills.
Although, I don’t think the people of [Location Environment] City are the good guys - just to let you know nlike any good Simulationist GM, I describe the situation, then roll for the result and apply it come what may. Hence the “neutal” army base result - that coupled with the comment I made about the Rubyions wanting to free their kin makes me think this is going to be one of those stories where the baddy turns out to be the good guy!

Table Talk
Obviously, I need a dance off table. This should go on the Quest Table sheet, most likely on a new tab. I plan to do it in a series of rounds, to make it more tense, and I’ll be running a first to the post in score. Therefore, I need a random target number table as well!

For the dance off, I’ll be making a skill check, which will be dice(depending on table size)+modifiers, modifiers are [level] in an appropriate skill. The table should be made up of a description, a score and possibly a modifier to either sides next roll. No “one side wins” or to high modifiers please.

i.e -
1- Dude dances badly +0 to dance score and -1 to his next roll
10 - Dude crotch thrusts at opponent, +2 Dance score, -5 to his opponent's next roll.

Finally, I’m going to need a “curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal” table for ideas what either side could do if the dance-off does not go their way - on the Decisions sheet please.

Sorry if the updates are a little short, I lost this one and had to redo it, and also I keep running out of tables! Once we have more tables and I’ve figured out my formatting a bit, we should get longer updates.

Also, statted characters take a while to generate :)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I think the journeys of both sides to the dance off location should be described.

Those encounter tables need some use.

Also it's Bees? not Bees.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We should make a table to determine if 'bees?' is a bees or other bee-like insects.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Nyaa posted:

We should make a table to determine if 'bees?' is a bees or other bee-like insects.

I thought they were quantum.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Angrymog posted:

I think the journeys of both sides to the dance off location should be described.

Those encounter tables need some use.

Also it's Bees? not Bees.

You are absolutely right!

We do seem to be missing terrain tables though! I might [shudder] have to make something up! Thats a horrifying thought!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Grey Hunter posted:

You are absolutely right!

We do seem to be missing terrain tables though! I might [shudder] have to make something up! Thats a horrifying thought!

What you're saying is that we need a Journey tab under quests?

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013
Is there a way to roll on the general random encounter table? It looks like right now everything that would trigger a random encounter is tied to an environment.

Also, I'm highly unclear on what the "% Liar" column of the Location Environment Table is supposed to mean.

Also also, this is great and I love it.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Mad Jaqk posted:

Is there a way to roll on the general random encounter table? It looks like right now everything that would trigger a random encounter is tied to an environment.

Also, I'm highly unclear on what the "% Liar" column of the Location Environment Table is supposed to mean.

Also also, this is great and I love it.

The %liar is the chance the monster actually has the opposite of the expected alignment or something like that. For example if you roll liar for a mummy, then it is a friendly mummy.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Grey Hunter posted:

Obviously, I need a dance off table. This should go on the Quest Table sheet, most likely on a new tab. I plan to do it in a series of rounds, to make it more tense, and I’ll be running a first to the post in score. Therefore, I need a random target number table as well!

Don't you already have a random number table?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

GoatLord posted:

Don't you already have a random number table?

There are many random number tables under the World Generation section.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Obscil posted:

For example if you roll liar for a mummy, then it is a friendly mummy.
It's actually a guy wrapped in toilet paper.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Obscil posted:

The %liar is the chance the monster actually has the opposite of the expected alignment or something like that. For example if you roll liar for a mummy, then it is a friendly mummy.

No, wait, I got this wrong. It means they have the opposite of the attitude rolled on the random encounter attitude table.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
We have terrain, under Location Environment, under Places, under World Building Tables. We even have random encounters under Quest tables.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

jon joe posted:

We have terrain, under Location Environment, under Places, under World Building Tables. We even have random encounters under Quest tables.

Yes. Though I do think that the Japanimation/Underwater table could have more underwater.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
C'mon guys. We still have to finish the dance-off table and the second decision table!!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Added a few entries. Although I'm not at all sure how

Grey Hunter posted:

a Combat table with 9 combat results and one result reading "NPC's wife has a baby".

is a problem to be avoided :v:

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Okay. I've finished up the dance-off table. But the second decision table is about half done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Obscil posted:

But the second decision table is about half done.
I filled random stuffs into the rest.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Dance-off Delegation (officially called the Krew) leaves [Location Environment] City. The journey to Stayin' Alive - a journey that will take 2 weeks.

The first week takes them through the barren lands around the city. There is a low chance of encountering something this close to the seat of power - (Encounter 20 or lower - rolled a 33) and nothing was seen. The rule of the Great Protector had not been kind on the terrain around the city, and there were few people to be seen.

The second week, Terrain + Encounter the landscape changes to that of the Fungal Doomworld that the base of Stayin’ Alive was built to protect against. (Encounter) The party is moving along the road when they are met by 3 Space Marines! - What the Marines are doing so deep into the Fungal Doomworlds is anybodies guess, but they are not friendly! and launch into an attack on the convoy!

Oh dear, it looks like we need some combat tables…..

And some NPC stat generators so we know how hard the Marines are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Grey Hunter posted:

Oh dear, it looks like we need some combat tables…..

And some NPC stat generators so we know how hard the Marines are!

I have started off the combat matrix, filling in the <1/<1 and the >10/>10 results.

Probably needs pretty formatting to make it nice to read.

Could change die types as well, I just started with 10 to make it relatively easy to get started.

An NPC stat could be what die size they use - Space Marines would have big dice, dancers smaller dice, but the skills they have give bonuses to the rolls.

Edit - I think the even rolls line 1/2 2/2 etc - should all be Combat ends results, the others continue the fight.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread