Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

sbaldrick posted:

but ABC Family can produce good/ok tv, SyFy can't.

Counterpoint: The Middleman only lasted one season :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kyle X/Y: mmm that's some good scifi television, deffo better than anything SyFy's ever done.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

sbaldrick posted:

How the gently caress did that even make it past the basic script stage in 2014? Or maybe the better question is how far Sci-Fi has fallen as a network.

Ascension would be a better show if the twist was the US government secretly had faster then light travel and had already colonized the planet they are heading too. Making the whole mission useless and the earth project about trying to contact the ship for it to slow down so they could be picked up by one of the new ships.

I haven't seen it yet but all the talk points to this being another thing on Siffy that should be done by The Asylum.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Holy loving poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Metal Loaf posted:

They're also contractually obliged to keep the world "family" in the channel's name. I understand they planned to change it after they bought it, only to find out it wasn't an option.

Yeah, they had originally planned on naming the channel "ZYX."
Because it was supposed to be the complete opposite of what was on ABC, you see.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ten minutes is too long to wait for something to happen. Give me the elevator pitch.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Ten minutes is too long to wait for something to happen. Give me the elevator pitch.

This but unironically.

Is it just another pile of poo poo like too many cooks?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's cool watch the whole thing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I honestly just wanted to watch a bear.

http://www.adultswim.com/promotions/claridryl/

there are what seem like hundreds of easter eggs on this site

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 17, 2014

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It seems that Animation Domination HD has found a new home on FXX

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/17/fxx-launches-new-late-night-animation-block/340711/

quote:

LOS ANGELES, December 17, 2014 – FXX will launch its new late-night animation block at midnight on January 22nd featuring all-new episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers, it was announced today by Chuck Saftler, President of Program Strategy and COO, FX Networks. Fans will get a sneak peek at the animation block on January 1st at 12 AM ET/PT immediately following a special marathon of The Simpsons. Following the official launch on January 22, the animation block will air on Thursdays at midnight ET/PT, featuring fresh episodes of Lucas Bros. Moving Co. and Stone Quackers.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

A video of a bear is interrupted by a seemingly innocent infomercial that slowly (really slowly) becomes increasingly disturbing. A woman suffers from a psychotic breakdown due to the side effects of the drug that the infomercial is selling. It's honestly quite uninteresting; quite sad that this is what some of the goons consider entertainment.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

It's honestly quite uninteresting; quite sad that this is what some of the goons consider entertainment.

:goonsay:

Forums poster Ravane, on why he should be considered Worst Poster, TVIV Couch Chat, 2014. See also: pp 242-243

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

So much better than Too Many Cooks. It's like a fever dream.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ravane posted:

quite sad that this is what some of the goons consider entertainment.

I think I'm more disappointed in how tired the whole premise is. Tim and Eric have been doing that 'descent into madness' schtick for over a decade now, and Adult Swim did the exact same thing like a month ago with Too Many Cooks. How many times is Cartoon Network going to beat that horse before they realize its dead? (if The Greatest Event in Television History is any indication, two more times)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

I think I'm more disappointed in how tired the whole premise is. Tim and Eric have been doing that 'descent into madness' schtick for over a decade now, and Adult Swim did the exact same thing like a month ago with Too Many Cooks. How many times is Cartoon Network going to beat that horse before they realize its dead? (if The Greatest Event in Television History is any indication, two more times)

Is it dead though? Because I still hear people talk about Too Many Cooks like it just happened yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if this latest one goes viral too.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Adult Swim is doing something right.

They Basic Cable's #1 Network with young adults for the 10th year running.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ve-year/340729/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that's cheating because they only count the Adult Swim hours and not the cartoon network ones.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Alphas, BSG, Farscape, MST3K etc.

And most of those ended years ago.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

raditts posted:

They don't have a choice, it's a stipulation of owning the Family Channel and they somehow didn't realize that until after they bought the station.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't shuttered the existing channel and relaunched it, but I guess dealing with all of those cable system contracts is more of a hassle than giving up one hour to the religious right.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that's cheating because they only count the Adult Swim hours and not the cartoon network ones.

Adult Swim is a different network than Cartoon Network, they just happen to be on the same channel.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Aye Doc posted:

I honestly just wanted to watch a bear.

http://www.adultswim.com/promotions/claridryl/

there are what seem like hundreds of easter eggs on this site
Holy poo poo the hand in the closet wtf

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Adult Swim is a different network than Cartoon Network, they just happen to be on the same channel.

Yeah and literally so they can do exactly this. So it's cheating.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

They were still #1 in primetime hours for 18-24, so no cheating there.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah and literally so they can do exactly this. So it's cheating.

Except they have a completely different corporate structure, budget, and leadership so it definitionally isn't

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Manu Bennett won't be showing up much on Arrow anymore:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-alum-manu-bennett-star-758852

I'm gonna DVR the poo poo out of that show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

MTV is making a Shannanra series?

I'm gonna DVR the poo poo out of that show and then laugh and laugh and laugh.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GreenNight posted:

He would only be guesting anyways this season since he is trapped on the island.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

No way this turns out good. I mean, how?!?!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Shanarra series is like terrible D&D fanfiction right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I remember liking it a lot when I was in middle school but that means jack poo poo.

Legend of the Seeker was a lot of fun. I miss that show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

That mixed with Tolkien-like long windedness except like way more words too.

Those books were trash, and I say that as someone that has read the entire Wheel of Time series.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

But have you read all 25+ books?

Pern was also optioned for a series. Who knows if that'll happen.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I read like 1 and a half.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The series is supposedly skipping the first few books.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

Its Tolkein with a COOL APOCALYPTIC TWIST

That also has Dwarfs, Elfs, Giants, that are exactly like they are in Tolkein. Because of nuclear weapons you see.

EDIT: Did the Wheel of Time end well?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

Legend of the Seeker was a lot of fun. I miss that show.

My dad likes that one. He likes that one and The Librarians. I get the two confused.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: Did the Wheel of Time end well?

Yeah actually it ended ok. The guy who took over for the original author is pretty great and tied things up nicely.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spoil the ending, I read like half the series in High school and then was like, uh, that's enough after book 6

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

Spoil the ending, I read like half the series in High school and then was like, uh, that's enough after book 6

They were all in purgatory all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Man you didn't even get to any of the worst books in the series. 10 is loving dire.

• Locked thread