Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

##vote amoeba

Everyone targeting Chic, it's pretty obvious that there's an SK in the gaming considering the town role PM tells us town can win with one town player left alive which would be impossible if it's exclusively a town vs. scum game.

I didn't actually bother to read that, who actually checks the fine print on their role message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I didn't actually bother to read that, who actually checks the fine print on their role message?

It's also in the OP.

But, actually, I just read it now like you, in order to find out if the town PM could hint at it (whether it says when scum have been eliminated or all threats), to see if whatever's being said about Chic has merit.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The role PMs look like they've been directly copy/pasted from the MafiaScum wiki, so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable reading quite so much into them.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

##vote amoeba

Everyone targeting Chic, it's pretty obvious that there's an SK in the gaming considering the town role PM tells us town can win with one town player left alive which would be impossible if it's exclusively a town vs. scum game.

Also I don't think this is entirely true. If there's 1 VT, 1 Vig, and 1 Scum going into a night, then the scum kills somebody while the vig kills the scum, town wins with one player alive.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
"Slips" like that tell us nothing. It's much more likely that it's a town player making poor assumptions rather than a scum loving up. I'm much more careful as a scum when it comes to blurting out things that might give everything away.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

I kind of feel like Epsilon's the serial killer, from him assuming two scum

##vote Epsilon

From a completely different perspective, this justification is strange. Chic doesn't need to say anything here because it was 5 minutes until the lynch hit and EP was at -2. I see Chic trying to soften the blowback from a town flip.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

"Slips" like that tell us nothing. It's much more likely that it's a town player making poor assumptions rather than a scum loving up. I'm much more careful as a scum when it comes to blurting out things that might give everything away.

I didn't see you sayin' poo poo when people were playing 'gotcha' with Epsilon yesterday.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
:ghost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knII3S0MZtY

:ghost:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I didn't see you sayin' poo poo when people were playing 'gotcha' with Epsilon yesterday.

I did.

And I also think the one with Chic is silly.

How many times do we have to make the exact same mistake?

EXAKT Science posted:

Also I don't think this is entirely true. If there's 1 VT, 1 Vig, and 1 Scum going into a night, then the scum kills somebody while the vig kills the scum, town wins with one player alive.

I agree completely and I personally don't care much for the SK theory. I'm exclusively scumhunting for now. SK hunting can come later if necessary.

I think our last scum(s) have to be between Amoeba, Antiperpendicular, Hal and Rascyc. If everyone could give me a single bullet point of thoughts on each of these players it would be awesome. I'll even star.

Amoeba: I don't know why YPM and Epsilon seem to be the only people who agree with me, but my casing has been very clear and very consistently good against him. He wants to play with Hal but doesn't push Hal to move his vote, even while he's complaining about people leaving their votes in ineffectual places. He doesn't want to vote lurkers on D1, but totally thinks that 'contributing' by talking about lurkers D2 is a thing. He thinks one person is scum for slipping about 'knowing' that another player is town, but also thinks the second player is scum.

Anticurricular: Obviously had the overwrought post from yesterday, but I feel like fv is the kind of person who is a very coaching kind of person and if she were helping her on her scum game it would be less likely that Antiappendicular would have made that particular post. I'm getting a more 'riffing off Proctor Cat's posts' vibe here, but I could be wrong.

Hal: Honestly, and I didn't voice this yesterday, I thought to myself that it's likely fv and Hal are scum together because their play was very decisive and seemingly helpful but peripheral and blending-in. I just had this odd thought that their play was complementing each other well.

Rascyc: I'm used to a much more aggressive Rascyc. That is all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

I did.

And I also think the one with Chic is silly.

How many times do we have to make the exact same mistake?

I don't really see people definitively saying there is an SK in the game before there is any proof that there is one. Speculating there might be one, maybe (but still weird on D1) but seeming to be sure there is? I don't see that happening.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really see people definitively saying there is an SK in the game before there is any proof that there is one. Speculating there might be one, maybe (but still weird on D1) but seeming to be sure there is? I don't see that happening.

That being said, I am cool with focusing on scum for now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie, I'll probably go into more depth when I get to work instead of when I'm supposed to be getting ready in the morning, but :smug: So how about that f_v then?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Side note - both songs you posted are from the 90s, well after Waits dropped out of this scene, switched labels and got weird.

This, his first single, is the sort of thing that got him signed in the first place.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ernie is the SK

##vote ernie

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

Ernie is the SK

##vote ernie

This is a very convincing case, thanks for sharing it.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think Amoeba is town because I don't see someone making this post after I straight up found the first scum based on a single post of f_v's:

Amoeba102 posted:

That post by F_v definitely stands out in their post history because I have no idea what they are talking about - not necessarily scummy. But the rest is mild, not anything to think they are scum over. They took Epsilon's joke at face value but I don't really see how that can give an alignment call. I guess I'd really like to see more from fiery.

This was post was straight in response to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I think our last scum(s) have to be between Amoeba, Antiperpendicular, Hal and Rascyc. If everyone could give me a single bullet point of thoughts on each of these players it would be awesome. I'll even start.

The last two names here feel out of place but sure.

Amoeba seems to be soft-claiming the vigilante kill, so that seems like a waste of effort barring further information.

What do I actually need to say about Antiarrhythmia? I think the notion that her play is too scum to be scum is silly. I don't know why you would assume that FV would be coaching her when FV had a drastically reduced game presence on day one. As an aside, Antihistamine made scummy posts besides her most notable one, I just didn't bring attention to them yesterday because of the new player clause.

Hal has been picking up on the same trends that I am today. I am town, so I would presume that he is town as well. His effort seems genuine.

Antiretroviral pushed Rascyc and she's someone I would call scum without hesitation, so that's good enough for me.

##vote AntiVehicular

If I'm wrong, I would vote for ChicTrombone. There are plenty of her posts that struck me as suspicious besides her vote on Epsilon, and I've already pointed out some of the other problems with that post.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hal Incandenza posted:

There's definitely an SK because a vig should be claiming right now. It's standard C9++ play. The only person who would have vigged f_v is me and I am not the vig. There's plenty of reasons for SK to kill f_v though, reasons that aren't worth realy discussing because who cares about the SK thought process?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

The last two names here feel out of place but sure.

Amoeba seems to be soft-claiming the vigilante kill, so that seems like a waste of effort barring further information.

What do I actually need to say about Antiarrhythmia? I think the notion that her play is too scum to be scum is silly. I don't know why you would assume that FV would be coaching her when FV had a drastically reduced game presence on day one. As an aside, Antihistamine made scummy posts besides her most notable one, I just didn't bring attention to them yesterday because of the new player clause.

Hal has been picking up on the same trends that I am today. I am town, so I would presume that he is town as well. His effort seems genuine.

Antiretroviral pushed Rascyc and she's someone I would call scum without hesitation, so that's good enough for me.

##vote AntiVehicular

If I'm wrong, I would vote for ChicTrombone. There are plenty of her posts that struck me as suspicious besides her vote on Epsilon, and I've already pointed out some of the other problems with that post.
Amobea are you the vig? You should be absolutely claiming if so, not this soft claim stuff.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

Ernie, I'll probably go into more depth when I get to work instead of when I'm supposed to be getting ready in the morning, but :smug: So how about that f_v then?

I could be misreading, but that's what I took away from this post. I don't know why 102 would play coy about it when that's critical information though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Could be, he needs to claim. I think Ernie is just straight up scum then trying to do his 'drive the town' act.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also his petulant post-hammer rant was pretty scummy. If he was invested enough in the game to rant, he should have tried to be more persuasive towards the later half of the day. His case sat since early d1 and I've seen him do this trick as scum before and it's not a bad one in all honesty.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm out for most of today. I would compromise to AntiV because I think Somber's points are spot on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Also his petulant post-hammer rant was pretty scummy. If he was invested enough in the game to rant, he should have tried to be more persuasive towards the later half of the day. His case sat since early d1 and I've seen him do this trick as scum before and it's not a bad one in all honesty.

That's a pretty good point. I've disagreed with some of his casing but I saw that more as content-driving than dishonest effort. Regardless I don't think we should end today without voting Antithesis.

Hey, would it be smart to claim here? I think I need to read how this setup actually works. Presuming we have a cop + cop result + doc + a vig, that could go a long way towards solving the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I was busy for the rest of the day. Seriously, why are a lot of people in this thread going with 'Missing = scum'?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, would it be smart to claim here? I think I need to read how this setup actually works. Presuming we have a cop + cop result + doc + a vig, that could go a long way towards solving the game.

I think the game can be solved if all of those roles also happen to be people we don't already trust. If you claim something, for example, it would be meaningless to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I was busy for the rest of the day. Seriously, why are a lot of people in this thread going with 'Missing = scum'?

That feels like a pretty drastic misreading of what Rascyc posted. Your night one post hits some of the same scum markers as cheerleading after a scum lynch.

It is funny to me though that our most 'missing' player was scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I think the game can be solved if all of those roles also happen to be people we don't already trust. If you claim something, for example, it would be meaningless to me.

Reading the setup design, it looks like fakeclaiming as scum is extraordinarily dangerous, unless I'm missing something. It's possible that I'm missing something.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As an aside I've already claimed Vanilla, in one of my first few posts. Also, is the implication there that you don't trust me? I must have missed that post, I'm super curious how that could be true.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

As an aside I've already claimed Vanilla, in one of my first few posts. Also, is the implication there that you don't trust me? I must have missed that post, I'm super curious how that could be true.

I just ... forgot you claimed vanilla. :D

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

I'm out for most of today. I would compromise to AntiV because I think Somber's points are spot on.

I think Anti's probably our best bet for today. Her posting yesterday, combined with the fact that capps was pushing her and got killed, makes her the most obvious scum, in my mind.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

That feels like a pretty drastic misreading of what Rascyc posted. Your night one post hits some of the same scum markers as cheerleading after a scum lynch.

It is funny to me though that our most 'missing' player was scum.

That is bullshit and back it up. I was angry that people didn't listen to me and instead listened to Amoeba's incessant complaining about missing players.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bleah, at this point I'm leaning towards allowing myself to be lynched -- I'm just VT, and it looks like in this setup there's a good chance of a good number of power roles, so I'm pretty sacrificial, and I can't meaningfully say I didn't play like poo poo yesterday. I tend to take being pressured poorly and don't tend to be a productive scumhunter under those circumstances, and I've also been sick and not been in decent concentration mode all game. (Feel free at this juncture to make jokes about how I should have been taking antihistamines, antibiotics, antivirals, antibodies, whatever. I definitely had antigens.)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

That is bullshit and back it up. I was angry that people didn't listen to me and instead listened to Amoeba's incessant complaining about missing players.

What do I need to back up? The question isn't the quality of your argument so much as the manner in which it was presented.

Ernie. posted:

is it an open night?

because i hate every single town player for not voting amoeba who i had a 100% solid case on while he flailed near deadline complaining about those who are absent instead of analyzing those who were present

like his last post before the flip is 'tomorrow we have to vote ___' after he personally cuddled the person he wanted to vote all day

how can anyone think that that is a town mentality?

Your outrage feels forced. I understand that you were busy, but it's hardly fair to hold people accountable for not backing your case when you weren't around. The tone is a little over the top and unnecessary. I don't often see town get that tore-up about a mislynch.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

EXAKT Science posted:

I think Anti's probably our best bet for today. Her posting yesterday, combined with the fact that capps was pushing her and got killed, makes her the most obvious scum, in my mind.
Don't like this post at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Antivehicular posted:

Bleah, at this point I'm leaning towards allowing myself to be lynched -- I'm just VT, and it looks like in this setup there's a good chance of a good number of power roles, so I'm pretty sacrificial, and I can't meaningfully say I didn't play like poo poo yesterday. I tend to take being pressured poorly and don't tend to be a productive scumhunter under those circumstances, and I've also been sick and not been in decent concentration mode all game. (Feel free at this juncture to make jokes about how I should have been taking antihistamines, antibiotics, antivirals, antibodies, whatever. I definitely had antigens.)

Am I an idiot if this sounds convincing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Don't like this post at all.

It does sound like he's setting himself up for a soft landing if we're wrong but I also hedge my vote in an earlier post. I say that I'd move towards Chic if I turned out to be wrong. I dunno if the sentiments are that different or if we're both just scummy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Am I an idiot if this sounds convincing?

It's convincing to me. :shrug:

Somberbrero posted:

Your outrage feels forced. I understand that you were busy, but it's hardly fair to hold people accountable for not backing your case when you weren't around. The tone is a little over the top and unnecessary. I don't often see town get that tore-up about a mislynch.

Are you kidding right now? The guy complaining that the person he wanted cuddled all day got his way is scum, but the person who was complaining about what people should do D2 while he was actively cuddling the person he thought was scum isn't? You don't think it's telling that Amoeba was acting disappointed BEFORE the flip? What alien world am I in.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

It does sound like he's setting himself up for a soft landing if we're wrong but I also hedge my vote in an earlier post. I say that I'd move towards Chic if I turned out to be wrong. I dunno if the sentiments are that different or if we're both just scummy.
ya but there's hedging and then there's trying to 'decipher' NK choices. nobody kills capps because they are afraid of him (the dude is completely random when he's not that interested), and even if it was anyone else, concluding that someone died to prevent a push the very next day is an empty read. NK choices rarely lead to reliable reads. They're not flips at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rascyc posted:

ya but there's hedging and then there's trying to 'decipher' NK choices. nobody kills capps because they are afraid of him (the dude is completely random when he's not that interested), and even if it was anyone else, concluding that someone died to prevent a push the very next day is an empty read. NK choices rarely lead to reliable reads. They're not flips at all.

All of this is 100% wrong in my opinion.

• Locked thread