Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you or anybody wants to change something about the crew then just tell me and depending how much support it gets from the thread I'll make it happen. I've taken suggestions from Duke Chin regarding crew ranks before and I'll take suggestions from anybody.

:ssh: Sometimes I even change things when you aren't looking! :v:
(go look at the crew rankings - I tweeked them a couple weeks ago after R* got mad at "shitposter")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Duke Chin posted:

:ssh: Sometimes I even change things when you aren't looking! :v:
(go look at the crew rankings - I tweeked them a couple weeks ago after R* got mad at "shitposter")

I am extremely upset that you have done this as now the rank shitposter has been lost forever.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I am extremely upset that you have done this as now the rank shitposter has been lost forever.

It was already knocked out thanks to R* - But it's spirit lives on.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So I noticed no one posted the new photos... so here is a loving AIRCRAFT CARRIER and the link...

Edit: gently caress, sizing...sorry. Forgot what the code is to make it a preview.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed?watch=+main+twitter

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 18, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ExplodingSquid posted:

So I noticed no one posted the new photos... so here is a loving AIRCRAFT CARRIER and the link...

Edit: gently caress, sizing...sorry. Forgot what the code is to make it a preview.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed?watch=+main+twitter

It's [ timg ][ /timg ] and I'm loving stoked for the new Hydra, even if it looks weird as gently caress with twin tails / not a direct harrier rip off.

And I can tell you already i'm going to have a blast turning on Lester's Cops Ignore You skill while running traps/touch n go's on that offset deck :hawksin:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Quick question. I've been dragging my feet when it comes to actually getting PS+ and I got the PS4 version of the game the day it came out. I got the preorder bonus for the extra money split across story and online although I haven't transferred my online character yet. My question is, will I eventually lose the chance to get the money when I finally get around to doing the transfer if I've waited too long? They finally made the average mission payout decent but I'd still like my bonus $500,000.

Sorry if anybody else addressed this earlier, still trying to catch up on the thread.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

ExplodingSquid posted:

Is that an engine on the back in addition to the harrier-style jets on the sides? :psyduck:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Icedude posted:

Is that an engine on the back in addition to the harrier-style jets on the sides? :psyduck:

It sure is, Icedude... it sure is.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

God I love the Infernus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GalQ7Qo60Ko

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TheDarkFlame posted:

Where are all you bastards anyway?

I fell asleep :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

StickFigs posted:

What's this about normalization?

It used to be some missions were really good $/RP per minute and hence, favorite grind targets. I'm really tired of Mixed up with coke, not coincidentally. A few patches ago Rockstar made it so that time spent on the mission matters a lot more than the specific mission itself - you can get $10k payouts from Simeon instead of his old, terrible $750 payouts. It really means playing any mission you want is profitable.

if I remember right the best way to maximize your cash and RP is to run on hard difficulty, in free-aim, and with 4+ players, missions that only accept 1-2 people excluded.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Heists look sweet, really liking the huge amount of new masks. They'll go great with some... croutons. ;)

that's two...

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

if I remember right the best way to maximize your cash and RP is to run ... free-aim

Oh poo poo I forgot about that secondary modifier. I need to run that to see how much bigger the boost is.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Psion posted:

It used to be some missions were really good $/RP per minute and hence, favorite grind targets. I'm really tired of Mixed up with coke, not coincidentally. A few patches ago Rockstar made it so that time spent on the mission matters a lot more than the specific mission itself - you can get $10k payouts from Simeon instead of his old, terrible $750 payouts. It really means playing any mission you want is profitable.

if I remember right the best way to maximize your cash and RP is to run on hard difficulty, in free-aim, and with 4+ players, missions that only accept 1-2 people excluded.

It should be noted that even after all this, Rooftop Rumble is probably still the most efficient mission for grinding.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The most important part is that you also get significant RP boosts for the low level missions so long as you take your time. You don't even need to go to the extra effort of keeping a wanted level going and blowing cops away, simply hanging out does plenty.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Finally got Blow Up II last night - turns out I had hardly done any of the Simeon missions.

Also finally really got my tank on in that mission.

Cop Slaughter Simulator 2k14 is pretty fun sometimes and the quick $20k was nice. :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sapient Afro posted:

It should be noted that even after all this, Rooftop Rumble is probably still the most efficient mission for grinding.

sure, but the entire idea of grinding has really been made less optimal overall.

Also, and this is really relevant to a crew where the highest level is 40 - you aren't so hosed as you used to be on early missions having garbage payout that was then cut in half after the first try. You guys can actually make money now.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I haven't been treating it as grinding but I am at 409k from like 260, just by logging in every 45 or so minutes, selling a car and if I can sell simeons (green one, or random npc one off the list he texts you)

While it is pretty slow, it keeps away from the burnout of doing missions, if they are getting boring. I mean, it isn't hard money, just takes time, if you got other stuff to do and don't mind waiting through a loading screen or two. I'm almost always passive mode too, which makes the other players a non issue, if you do get the "wanted" vehicle.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Phone posting but bookmark the death match "Trevor's Torture Room" from the social club and play it a bunch with the settings changed to owned weapons and use the assault shotgun. Cramped quarters mean fast kills and easy cash.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Nintendo Kid posted:

Phone posting but bookmark the death match "Trevor's Torture Room" from the social club and play it a bunch with the settings changed to owned weapons and use the assault shotgun. Cramped quarters mean fast kills and easy cash.

http://rsg.ms/b97c31c <--- Is this the one you're talking about?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
New PS4 patch is live. I will find out what it contains other than your traditional "stability and minor fixes". 1.23gigs and of course the update history only states stability to gtao, unless this is 1.05?

Probably will have to wait and see what the R* news wires says about it. Usually these updates happen on mondays before the content release.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

GTA Forums is updating live. From them:

quote:

FESTIVE SUPRISE UPDATE
SANTA OUTFITS
PAJAMAS
WE CAN OWN 3 PROPERTIES NOW
ANTI-TANK MINES
HOMING ROCKET LAUNCHER

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Thank goodness I saved some money up. Time to logon my real character and newbie and buy some goodies.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I guess it's good I sold 15 Adders the other day... Homing rocket launcher :woop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh man, check the thread out, There's a SHITLOAD of new content.

Three properties gently caress yes I can buy more cars. MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ROCKSTAR! We got you a gift! A way to gently caress up helicopters and tanks even easier!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I guess the most important question still remains, can I get my mother loving fireworks launcher replenished?

I also noticed it is available in the PS3 version SP due to the patches, but does not exist in the same sense, if at all, in the ps4 version.

edit; failed to join immediately after update, lol.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I saw your little Scyron has joined then Scyron has left notification.

gently caress YES there's a Japanese Yakuza style back tattoo! Oh man this owns. I hope they fixed turbos. Another neat thing: Trees move in the wind now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spent a million dollars on new house, new car, new tattoos.

I now have to find 9 more PV's to fill these spaces :negative:

EDIT: Just grabbed a special crate with a minigun and got the award and t-shirt unlocks, merry christmas to me :v:

Anyone know if I can keep the minigun forever or if it's going to vanish when I run out of ammo, I can't just buy one because I'm only level 77

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 18, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I broke and spent 120 on the greenich 10 car garage next to the airport, los santos custom and the heliport/marina. Pretty much my goto spot anyways for getting a heli off the bat, or selling a quick vehicle.

In total I was at like 440k, now I am at like 82k, if that. Nice to see there is stuff out there to buy with my money occasionally.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wow so am I missing something about the new racecars? On paper they go SLOWER than their original models (Massacro [195 MPH] Massacro Racecar [156 MPH] and they cost more too (275k -> 385k).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Wow so am I missing something about the new racecars? On paper they go SLOWER than their original models (Massacro [195 MPH] Massacro Racecar [156 MPH] and they cost more too (275k -> 385k).

I guess it's just the liveries? I grabbed the Massacro and it can be resprayed from a limited selection of colours with the livery overlaid, it has a secondary colour selectable but nothing actually seems to change on the car so god knows what that's actually colouring.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
Damnit, i work late on Thursdays. Did they fix the turbo issue?

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
If anyone wanted to buy any GTA fun bucks you can get them half off at Gamestop right now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thaxxas posted:

Damnit, i work late on Thursdays. Did they fix the turbo issue?

GTA Forums says yes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'll wait for confirmation from multiple sources before pissing away 50k apiece on putting them back into all my cars. Because that's a million dollars of turbo to risk wasting

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'd hate to think what decently populated GTA Races would be like now that there's proxies that you can just huck out your car window, even if you are limited to only 5 of them :stonk:
Anyone tried taking down a Lazer with the stinger yet? Any decent?

Also holy poo poo this penguin mask rules

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
R* need to man up and start charging real money for uninsurable cars that are permanently lost when destroyed so arseholes like me get even bigger laughs from blowing up personal rides. Just imagining the tears and the rage gives me a warm, special feeling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well they're partway there, I just found out the hard way you don't get automatic insurance anymore on cars you take off the street into your garage.

When did that change?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
How long is the festive surprise content live for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

poo poo's PS4-exclusive atm :sassargh:

• Locked thread