Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

poo poo's PS4-exclusive atm :sassargh:

BitBasher's screwing us again!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I hope it snows again, never got to see it last year.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bobtista posted:

Well they're partway there, I just found out the hard way you don't get automatic insurance anymore on cars you take off the street into your garage.

When did that change?

Huh, you never got insurance for them, just the tracker that marks them as a PV.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Forgive me, titties, for I have sinned.

I'm getting my PS4 today.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hiddenriverninja posted:

Forgive me, titties, for I have sinned.

I'm getting my PS4 today.

your dead to me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

orcane posted:

Huh, you never got insurance for them, just the tracker that marks them as a PV.

Really? I swear at original launch you got insurance and the tracker when taking a stolen vehicle into your garage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Snow confirmed. Images found on Rockstar's website.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bobtista posted:

Really? I swear at original launch you got insurance and the tracker when taking a stolen vehicle into your garage.

You did indeed get the tracker - you couldn't "save" cars for people because of that. When everyone was looking for Sultans and Tailgaters, you couldn't store them in your garage and hold on to them.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 18, 2014

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

ExplodingSquid posted:

So I noticed no one posted the new photos... so here is a loving AIRCRAFT CARRIER and the link...

Edit: gently caress, sizing...sorry. Forgot what the code is to make it a preview.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed?watch=+main+twitter

The question I have is if the aircraft carrier and the yacht are driveable vehicles, or if they can't move and are effectively islands.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Pretty sure that for cars taken off the street you did get the tracker but still had to buy the insurance.

E: Patch up for PS3, downloading now

Bone patch status: ?
360 patch status: ?
PS4 patch status: woop woop
PS3 patch status: yes
PC patch staaahahahahahaha

titties fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 18, 2014

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I can not get home fast enough.

Going to buy me a SlamVan and a nice countryside third garage/apartment.

And that gingerbread mask, gently caress yes.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh poo poo, they added a sensitivity slider for the aiming dead zone.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Um so the MANPADS / homing launcher loving rules. Pubbies don't seem to be aware of it yet, one was very unhappy when I repeatedly exploded his helicopters.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Lyer posted:

Oh poo poo, they added a sensitivity slider for the aiming dead zone.

BEST NEWS EVER.

Also, everything is my fault.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Um so the MANPADS / homing launcher loving rules. Pubbies don't seem to be aware of it yet, one was very unhappy when I repeatedly exploded his helicopters.

How much does it home in? Can it land a hit on a Lazer?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BitBasher posted:

BEST NEWS EVER.

Also, everything is my fault.

How much does it home in? Can it land a hit on a Lazer?

It takes a long time to hone in on cars - I cannot imagine how well it will work on a Lazer but I would love to hear someone's experiences with it.

It either costs 6900 or 69,000. I bought it so quickly I wasn't even paying attention.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
No cool clothes for the dregs... :negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I used it a few times on some Buzzards going full tilt and I can't imagine this thing working on any Lazer pilot even remotely skilled with the thing. The rocket takes a few seconds to even catch up with a chopper, provided its fired at a good enough angle to home in from, but I really don't see it working on the fastest, most maneuverable vehicle very well.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Looks like I have to go play car shuffler when I get home! It's awesome we were just mentioning a new apartment in retro GTA V yesterday!

...Good thing I have a fat pile of cash saved up.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there a level requirement for the new launcher?

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

titties posted:

Pretty sure that for cars taken off the street you did get the tracker but still had to buy the insurance.

E: Patch up for PS3, downloading now

Bone patch status: ?
360 patch status: ?
PS4 patch status: woop woop
PS3 patch status: yes
PC patch staaahahahahahaha

It's live on the bone. I loaded it up quickly before work to buy the launcher, test out the proxy mines and dress in PJs.

After work I plan on finding another garage, spending lots of money and of course landing on a tall building while trying to shoot down random air vehicles.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Policenaut posted:

I used it a few times on some Buzzards going full tilt and I can't imagine this thing working on any Lazer pilot even remotely skilled with the thing. The rocket takes a few seconds to even catch up with a chopper, provided its fired at a good enough angle to home in from, but I really don't see it working on the fastest, most maneuverable vehicle very well.

The only hope is lag when someone dives in close - like with the heavy sniper. I brought someone down using one last night but only because they were so low and not actually shooting at me.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

The only hope is lag when someone dives in close - like with the heavy sniper. I brought someone down using one last night but only because they were so low and not actually shooting at me.

There was what? A half dozen or more Goons running around when that guy was strafing us with the jet? If that same incident happened tonight then we would have seen smoke trails from a half dozen or more missiles being fired from various places within a couple mile radius. I can picture it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bobtista posted:

Well they're partway there, I just found out the hard way you don't get automatic insurance anymore on cars you take off the street into your garage.

When did that change?

You get a tracker by default, but not insurance. I believe it's always been that way.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Psion posted:

You get a tracker by default, but not insurance. I believe it's always been that way.

It has always been that way, from day one. You have to drive it into an LSC and insure it. If you didn't, there would be no reason for that item ever to exist at LSC.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Also you can turn off the lookspring and change the aim acceleration now.
Oh and the trees move now.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
So we get a third property now? Holy hell I could really do with another one so I can have even more cars I'll never drive. Even if I need to put together another fuckton of cash to upgrade another ten cars. Are there any good places up north? I've got the apartment above the coffee shop by the Maze Tower, and one of the ten-car garages by the Airport, it'd be nice to have something a little more out of the way.

As long as this definitely works on PS3. I don't want to buy another console.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BitBasher posted:

It has always been that way, from day one. You have to drive it into an LSC and insure it. If you didn't, there would be no reason for that item ever to exist at LSC.

It would exist there for the same reason the tracker does, if you drive off the street straight into LSC instead of taking it home first.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SNOW BALL FIGHTS!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A third property is cool but I haven't even filled my first two. I guess I could make property #3 be my Races Only garage for all the racing I don't do anymore after getting 50 wins for parts/paint.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Thaxxas posted:

There was what? A half dozen or more Goons running around when that guy was strafing us with the jet? If that same incident happened tonight then we would have seen smoke trails from a half dozen or more missiles being fired from various places within a couple mile radius. I can picture it.

That would be glorious. And it will no doubt happen again, so it will be put to the test.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Psion posted:

A third property is cool but I haven't even filled my first two. I guess I could make property #3 be my Races Only garage for all the racing I don't do anymore after getting 50 wins for parts/paint.

I thought this this morning and then filled a 3rd garage with novelty vehicles in the space of about 6 hours.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I dunno why, but this makes me happy.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GYy9j15lHc

:colbert:

it was an NPC jet

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Still got that terrible lag-by-design when you go for the weaponwheel or look backwards while in a car, compared to PS360 versions. Everything else is nice.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Is there any way to turn a regular Jester/Massacro into their racecar counterparts or vice versa?

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
Does anyone know if the new cars will only be available at the holidays? Really wish I didn't blow my cash on that stupid sub... And now I gotta buy turbos again. Guess I can buy now and upgrade later.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

Is there any way to turn a regular Jester/Massacro into their racecar counterparts or vice versa?

No, although unlike liveried bikes you can respray the base colour on the liveried cars.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
It's weird that they don't let you put liveries on solid colored cars. San Andreas let you do that :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
With a third property allowed I might finally get a property outside LS proper.

circ dick soleil posted:

It's weird that they don't let you put liveries on solid colored cars. San Andreas let you do that :(

San Andreas also made it so custom cars had a lifespan of 5 minutes after modding unless you drove like 20 mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
I was just thinking the other day "this game needs proximity mines", so this is pretty awesome. Also, I'll probably wear this mask forever

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread