Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

en1125 posted:

Does anyone know if the new cars will only be available at the holidays? Really wish I didn't blow my cash on that stupid sub... And now I gotta buy turbos again. Guess I can buy now and upgrade later.

Swapping turbos out seemed pretty unnecessary. I won every single land race against pubbies since launch and left my turbos on for it. I just didn't want to waste the cash swapping them off and on.

Pretty sure the new cars are not limited time only. The only cars I can remember that were that way were announced that way.

I have to admit, I'll use prox mines to be a total degenerate rear end in a top hat, but I think putting them in is a mistake. It's griefer orgasm worthy. I'll be tossing them on the sidewalk outside shops every time I see a player in a shop when I drive past. You can't pull out your gun in a shop to get rid of them.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Are there performance upgrades on the new Jester and Massacro? Worth getting the new ones if I have the old ones?

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 18, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

en1125 posted:

Does anyone know if the new cars will only be available at the holidays? Really wish I didn't blow my cash on that stupid sub... And now I gotta buy turbos again. Guess I can buy now and upgrade later.

They're permanent additions according to the rockstar newswire post

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Can the AT mines be thrown out of a moving vehicle like grenades?
Either way I'm so getting on this when I have some time. Which will probably not be today.

AT mines + pubs = what I can only imagine a shitload of fun.

And at least wait till christmas to unbox your ps4 so you can play with your ps3 buddies...

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 18, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

rockstar posted:

Ring in the New Year with a bang – the Firework Launcher and Firework rocket ammo are coming back and will be available to acquire and use from Christmas Eve until Monday, January 5th. You can score one for free on four special days: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
gently caress yes, finally. My fun-gun will be back.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Nintendo Kid posted:

San Andreas also made it so custom cars had a lifespan of 5 minutes after modding unless you drove like 20 mph

I know. It was great.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

We need to do an invite-only session and have a snowball death match.

I hope the proximity mines remain active if you die.

I wish they didn't fix this "Fixed an issue where Michael’s drinking animation could be seen occurring incorrectly if he answered his phone mid-drink."

Sorry Kelly: "Fixed an issue where player characters could be seen putting on Top Hats instead of a Helmet when on a Motorbike."

Release Notes: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204380973

BitBasher posted:

Swapping turbos out seemed pretty unnecessary. I won every single land race against pubbies since launch and left my turbos on for it. I just didn't want to waste the cash swapping them off and on.

Especially when races are not just a mile long straight line.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Thaxxas posted:

There was what? A half dozen or more Goons running around when that guy was strafing us with the jet? If that same incident happened tonight then we would have seen smoke trails from a half dozen or more missiles being fired from various places within a couple mile radius. I can picture it.

oh hey, i actually sniped that fucker out of the jet once. It was the absolute highlight of my GTA career :D

and then he killed me a bunch on the ground :v:

also, holy poo poo this patch looks rad

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

geeves posted:

We need to do an invite-only session and have a snowball death match.

Seconding this. Even if it's just a handful of us tormenting pubs with snowballs we have to do this.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

Sorry Kelly: "Fixed an issue where player characters could be seen putting on Top Hats instead of a Helmet when on a Motorbike."

Release Notes: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204380973

Goddamn it, I think that top hat is why I have been racing so well on the PS4.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

poopzilla posted:

oh hey, i actually sniped that fucker out of the jet once. It was the absolute highlight of my GTA career :D

and then he killed me a bunch on the ground :v:

also, holy poo poo this patch looks rad

I'm pretty sure I heard you on voice.
"HO LEE poo poo you guys, I just sniped that fucker in the jet"
or something along those lines haha

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Thaxxas posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard you on voice.
"HO LEE poo poo you guys, I just sniped that fucker in the jet"
or something along those lines haha

lollolo yeah that was me :)

e: it took me about 50 rounds of heavy sniper to do it too :v:

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I fired at least that many rounds at him but I'm not even sure if I hit the jet. Do you have to lead the target like in that one SP mission or is it a lazer beam if he's in your crosshairs?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I have no idea, someone who's better than me can probably answer though. I just kept shooting and aiming at him as best as i could.

I think someone said before there is no lead time though? it just hits where you aim instantly? IDK :shrug:

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
The Maniac Cop lives for Christmas! I'm unreasonably psyched to get these new masks and sweaters. If only I could put down Dragon Age: Inquisition...

For the little bit I was there for Sandy Shores Airfield was a loving war zone. Me and M_P_5 just joined in with the intention of doing some missions but we couldn't stop ourselves from getting involved. I wish I could find out why I only get NAT type errors when me and M_P_5 are in a party with others, it's pretty annoying.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 18, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
new masks are a gas

otiosely and i

and some old favs are back

buffy wang

i:love:slamvan

otiosely, jet valet

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Oh god, that Slam Van!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I played for like an hour before work this morning. I am literally Santa Claus now. As soon as I get home I'm buying that drat SlamVan.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Where do I get the new non-mask clothes? Also did this patch fix turbo?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Wait, NPCs can set off your proximity mines? So much for my clothing shop trap.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feenix posted:

Any clothing store and apparently yes

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Thaxxas posted:

I fired at least that many rounds at him but I'm not even sure if I hit the jet. Do you have to lead the target like in that one SP mission or is it a lazer beam if he's in your crosshairs?

No, you do not need to lead targets. The sniper rifle is hitscan as far as I can tell.

Feenix posted:

All reports I can see say yes.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

The stats say the new racecars are faster than their standard counterparts. I'll wait for the community to test if that's actually true though.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Sapient Afro posted:

The stats say the new racecars are faster than their standard counterparts. I'll wait for the community to test if that's actually true though.

they sound amazing and make you feel like ken block, i'm sold

e for ken block https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs&t=11s

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 18, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hugh Malone posted:

Am I missing where you buy these? I went to the LegendaryMotorsport.net and didn't see them...

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
You're missing SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

You're missing SouthernSanAndreasSuperAutos.com.

Motherfucker! you are right!

thanks!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what's the deal with the snow-ball stuff? I so want in on that. I'd be super happy if you can just carry a stash on you and throw them at pubbies.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Sapient Afro posted:

As previous experience says, stats are probably the poorest indicator of what the car is actually capable of.
If you're not into min/maxing it simply means try out the cars for yourself. Try a few races with each car. Whichever feels the best to you just go with it.

If you are into min/maxing by all means let someone else tell you what to drive... Although admittedly knowing the top speed is actually helpful.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm a little saddened there aren't some light body kit things you can do to the Slamvan.

I have a sick red and white one I lowered and am riding around as Santa Claus.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

e for ken block https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs&t=11s

:drat: I feel like I need to go smoke a cigarette that was so crazy. Everyone, take 10 minutes out of your day today to watch the greatest youtube of all time

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

:drat: I feel like I need to go smoke a cigarette that was so crazy. Everyone, take 10 minutes out of your day today to watch the greatest youtube of all time

You didn't get enough smoke in that video already?!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, with the increase in properties to 3. I am reminded of an apartment of a property that goons recommended weeks ago that is near the airport that is also has a 10 car garage. What was that one?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The first 6 GYMKHANA videos were pretty good too if you haven't seen them.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
so i just had the opportunity to fire the homing missiles at a jet and a buzzard. they last quite a while, it was fun watching them trail the aircraft.

the jet outran it p easily, the buzzard was slower flying in a straight line... *boom*

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hugh Malone posted:

so i just had the opportunity to fire the homing missiles at a jet and a buzzard. they last quite a while, it was fun watching them trail the aircraft.

the jet outran it p easily, the buzzard was slower flying in a straight line... *boom*

you're in the current gen now?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The (Racecar) variants don't seem to be any faster, and don't come with any upgrades built-in or anything. I think it's just the livery. I have too much money from my "dead hooker in the car" exploit days, so ... whatevs.

You can't change the livery, but you can change the colors underneath.

I'm gonna wear this forever

Nothing out of the ordinary happening here...

Just a couple of dudes standing around, shopping for some...

CROUTONS!!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0E9Ftyr8o&t=27s

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 19, 2014

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

bisticles posted:

CROUTONS!!

That's THREE! Grab the cash and lets GTFO!

Best pre-heist release heist evar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
What are the best locations for apartments in GTA:O?

I currently have an apartment in Eclipse Towers but with the recent increase in property limits I was thinking of picking up another two. Do your cars get repaired automatically in any of the garages or only the high end ones? Same deal, can I get a mechanic to deliver any of my cars, or is that only a high end apartment feature?

Money is not an issue as I stocked up on GTA funbux through the gamestop half off sale.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread